Conservative Leadership September 10th

35 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There's no question.  They keep losing elections the same way over and over again, provincially and federally.  It seems they're more concerned with appealing to the base than actually winning elections. 

The people have spoken.  Liberal government forever.  

35 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There's no question.  They keep losing elections the same way over and over again, provincially and federally.  It seems they're more concerned with appealing to the base than actually winning elections. 

Just face it, if the Conservatives run as conservatives, they lose.  If the Conservatives run as Liberals, they lose.  There are no political options in Canada.  

53 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

and your line of reasoning is why the Conservatives keep losing.  Doing the same things over and over and not learning anything from those mistakes is the definition of...something.  

The same things?

In the last 2 elections the Conservatives have promoted a man who looks and acts like Howdy-Doody, and a man who has zero principals. You would have them make the same mistake again.

Why? You claim a real conservative would lose. Yet the question then becomes, 'Is it worth winning to have an imposter who does not serve the wishes of those who voted for him or her? Is it even possible?'

I doubt it. If the Conservative Party does not present a real conservative leader, the Liberals will once again...win the election.

Edited by Nationalist

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The people have spoken.  Liberal government forever.  

Just face it, if the Conservatives run as conservatives, they lose.  If the Conservatives run as Liberals, they lose.  There are no political options in Canada.  

lol there was a conservative government just 6-7 years ago and for most of 80s.  it comes in cycles they will  be in power again

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That's the underlying conceit of your logic. You've determined what's appropriately conservative and that nothing short of that is acceptable, despite the fact that these views are non-starters for most of the rest of Canada. 

Just because you can't have everything you want, doesn't mean you don't have choices.  You can choose Pierre Poilievre or a politician cut from his cloth who most Canadians will want nothing to do with (thereby ensuring the continuation of Trudeau-style Liberals), or you can be an adult and accept that compromise is necessary.   There are fiscal conservatives out there who could perhaps halt/reverse some of the creeping overreach of wokeism without scaring progressives away, but Pierre Poilievre ain't that.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That's the underlying conceit of your logic. You've determined what's appropriately conservative and that nothing short of that is acceptable, despite the fact that these views are non-starters for most of the rest of Canada. 

Just because you can't have everything you want, doesn't mean you don't have choices.  You can choose Pierre Poilievre or a politician cut from his cloth who most Canadians will want nothing to do with (thereby ensuring the continuation of Trudeau-style Liberals), or you can be an adult and accept that compromise is necessary.   There are fiscal conservatives out there who could perhaps halt/reverse some of the creeping overreach of wokeism without scaring progressives away, but Pierre Poilievre ain't that.  

Who?  Right now there’s one leadership candidate to my knowledge.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

We'll have to wait and see who throws their hat into the ring.  Part of the groundwork for that is seeing how serious the leadership contest will be.  If it's just a coronation of Pierre Poilievre and his lead seems insurmountable, we can fast-forward 4 years to the next election the CPC loses and hope maybe THEN the Party will start to realize they can't keep repeating the same mistakes.  

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

We'll have to wait and see who throws their hat into the ring.  Part of the groundwork for that is seeing how serious the leadership contest will be.  If it's just a coronation of Pierre Poilievre and his lead seems insurmountable, we can fast-forward 4 years to the next election the CPC loses and hope maybe THEN the Party will start to realize they can't keep repeating the same mistakes.  

It’s too bad because he’s pretty smart and courageous.  I love watching him dismantle smarmy smug self-righteous green-woke fascists.  It’s hard though because they’re everywhere in Ottawa. Polievre will be called racist-fringe-Nazi because that’s what people who don’t support the Trudeau-Freeland-Singh dictatorship are always labeled.  I can already hear the CBC narration, “Polievre’s critics say he has an alt-right agenda and will take away a woman’s right to choose.  He has met with protesters from the “Freedom Convoy” which many have said have links to white supremacist groups.”   That’s it, campaign over, Liberals win again…

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

... you can be an adult and accept that compromise is necessary.  

I am trying to imagine what a true compromise candidate would look like and it would look scary to a liberal voter (which I am NOT - no way !!! :D:D:D

Anyway, none of the options seem close to that.

Really we don't need a compromise candidate - we need one that is better than the two sides who are arguing like it's 1939...

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s too bad because he’s pretty smart and courageous.  I love watching him dismantle smarmy smug self-righteous green-woke fascists.  

Sure you do, and sometimes he's actually right, but then sometimes he's just being inflammatory and you'll eat it up regardless.  Harper was good at eviscerating his opponents in debates as well, but at least he understood that he had to win an election and that riling people like Zeitgeist up wasn't good enough.  

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s hard though because they’re everywhere in Ottawa. Polievre will be called racist-fringe-Nazi because that’s what people who don’t support the Trudeau-Freeland-Singh dictatorship are always labeled.

Do you see the problem with this comment?  Please tell me that you can see it.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Haha 1

A lot can happen during a campaign. I wouldn't say anything is for sure. Who would have seen the PCs getting 2 seats under Kim Campbell or the NDP getting 103 with Layton? Or the Bloc coming back to life? 

Edited by Nexii

Trotting out old broken horses. They have to show pictures of Charest from ten years ago.

September? That means no election for a good while after that. Not that it matters to Trudeau. There is no threat to him here.

Writing’s on the wall for conservatives.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Peter Pepper, neither.

aaaauuuggghhhaaa... what’s that? it’s Canada’s death-knell, Nellie.

Birth of the new, Trudeauean Canada.

Perfume on top

Stink below

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Do you see the problem with this comment?   

My own problem is that with actual fascism and horrifying events happening in the world, I had hoped the children on here would stop using retarded rhetoric to describe people.

There are no Nazis or Commies (except eyeball the admitted Commie-Nazi :D ) but there are children with retarded ideas who didn't pay attention to their elders.

Anyway, the exaggerists won't be happy with any of those 3 leaders.

In fact, I'm not that excited about any of those 3 leaders.  Two lawyers ... check that THREE lawyers.  Jeez Charest is only 63 ?!?

I'll bet Kevin O'leary is sorry his wife killed those people with his boat (not sure of the details...)

Anyway.  Yawn.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

My own problem is that with actual fascism and horrifying events happening in the world, I had hoped the children on here would stop using retarded rhetoric to describe people.

There are no Nazis or Commies (except eyeball the admitted Commie-Nazi :D ) but there are children with retarded ideas who didn't pay attention to their elders.

If I'm an elder here in my 30's then I guess this board is filled with children.  

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

In fact, I'm not that excited about any of those 3 leaders.  Two lawyers ... check that THREE lawyers.  Jeez Charest is only 63 ?!?

but how often are we really excited about our party leaders?  With how many compromises are required to gain widespread appeal, the best you can usually ask for is someone who doesn't scare you and who's better than the rest.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Anyway, the exaggerists won't be happy with any of those 3 leaders.

I'll bet Kevin O'leary is sorry his wife killed those people with his boat (not sure of the details...)

Anyway.  Yawn.

As a developmentally delayed child—please don’t call me retarded—I would be happy with Polievre or Leslyn, but the public just seems to want Liberals, so I’m looking at emigrating.  

6 hours ago, Moonbox said:

but how often are we really excited about our party leaders?  With how many compromises are required to gain widespread appeal, the best you can usually ask for is someone who doesn't scare you and who's better than the rest.  

Not very often, but that says something about Canadian politics and whom it attracts...It seems the bar is pretty low, I mean the only qualification you have to have is the ability to raise funds, ... I wonder what it would take to attract a serious leader to take the job...

On 3/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, Moonbox said:

Out of all the candidates that have committed so far, none have the name recognition that Pierre has, maybe Charest but he is a liberal for shit sake...The majority of conservatives do not want another liberal light candidate period. It is the center voters that want a liberal light, the other candidates have no name recognition, it's an up hill battle, on a battle field that is already to steep for conservatives.

Conservatives are tired of all this leftist crap that the liberal party has brought to this nation, they are tired of a party that can not seem to get anything meaningful done, they are tired of the country being run by special interest groups......They want change and if they Lose again to the liberals then so be it... It will be what "Canadians" want and the exact type of Government they deserve.

One that is irrelevant inside and outside of Canada, one that out right lies and deceives Canadians and other world leaders on a regular basis. One that can not get things done and prefer to kick it down the road, one that set policies up so getting anything done is imposable, like infra structure, purchasing, getting resources to market, building back better, what ever the Fu8k that is,   Becasue that is what Is liberal voters want in a PM. they want a PM they can relate to, colored socks and good hair and being a fake feminist are more important than being honest and transparent, able to make tough decisions when needed, able to come up with timely solutions and make things happen all of those scare them....  

The only votes up for grabs here are those in the center, the left have already drawn a line in the sand and they are not voting Conservative.... Conservatives are very scary, they eat their own children, and want to lock up or deport LGBTQ persons, force women to have babies . And bring back the 2 sexs and 4 genders  male , female , bisexual, and gay, or stop punishing this generation for the past sins of our fore fathers have done...Most of all that is already protected, with most conservatives in agreement they are not changing any of it...but their is a gossip from the left it might all change, starting with mass deportations. 

The question that needs to be asked is what do conservatives need to give up or compromise in regards to Conservative values in order to bring the center into the fold. Becasue i don't see any of the center doing any compromising...

Everyone has a choice, Don't like what the conservatives have to offer, vote Liberal and live with that choice for another 4 years. or vote Conservative and hope they do a better job, or atleast mange to get a few more things done than the liberals have, i know it is a huge leap in standards. 

Either way the sun is going to come up in the morning and set in the evening...

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Out of all the candidates that have committed so far, none have the name recognition that Pierre has, maybe Charest but he is a liberal for shit sake...The majority of conservatives do not want another liberal light candidate period. It is the center voters that want a liberal light, the other candidates have no name recognition, it's an up hill battle, on a battle field that is already to steep for conservatives.

The die-hard conservatives don't need any convincing to vote conservative, so picking a hardliner accomplishes nothing.  There's no box on the ballot for voting Conservative enthusiastically. 

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Conservatives are tired of all this leftist crap that the liberal party has brought to this nation, they are tired of a party that can not seem to get anything meaningful done, they are tired of the country being run by special interest groups......They want change and if they Lose again to the liberals then so be it... It will be what "Canadians" want and the exact type of Government they deserve.

and that's why the Conservatives keep losing elections they should not - this precise unwillingness to compromise.  It's a foolish and self-defeating habit.  There are lots of people eager to meet you somewhere in between your ideal outcome and another Trudeau/Liberal government.  If you're not willing to budge and decide they can all go fuck themselves, that's on you. You might think you're being principled and uncompromising in a "good way", but you're not.  You're being stubborn and immature.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The die-hard conservatives don't need any convincing to vote conservative, so picking a hardliner accomplishes nothing.  There's no box on the ballot for voting Conservative enthusiastically. 

and that's why the Conservatives keep losing elections they should not - this precise unwillingness to compromise.  It's a foolish and self-defeating habit.  There are lots of people eager to meet you somewhere in between your ideal outcome and another Trudeau/Liberal government.  If you're not willing to budge and decide they can all go fuck themselves, that's on you. You might think you're being principled and uncompromising in a "good way", but you're not.  You're being stubborn and immature.  

the CPC is constantly compromising

to the point where there is no meaningful difference between them and the Liberals

and are still losing

the idea that lack of compromise is costing them elections.....

Edited by Yzermandius19

Harper was further to the right than Scheer or O'Toole

Harper won elections

Scheer and O'Toole lost

saying Conservatives are losing by pandering too much to the right and alienating the center

is gaslighting

obvious troll is obvious

only someone on the far left

who wouldn't vote for the CPC

but wants them move further to the left

and still wouldn't vote for them if they did

would make such a moronic suggestion

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Charest is maybe the only one canadian that can make me vote Trudeau. I actually do not know which one I hate the most between the two. They are by far the 2 canadians I hate the most among the 38 millions but I can't decide who is the worst. Trudeau is stupid but, Charest is malignant and it makes him more dangerous.

The name Charest is inseparable from the word corruption. Charest will never do something without corrupting what he is doing. Never. Whatever the program or action that his party is doing, it will be done if and only if it is done with corruption. There are no moral limits to anything with this guy. The name of Charest is so dirty in Quebec that even as of now, its shadow continues to keep the french in Quebec from voting provincial liberals. If the conservatives choose Charest, they would be selling their soul, their mothers and their children.

The first time I heard his name as a potential candidate for CPC, I thought it was a joke.

17 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The majority of conservatives do not want another liberal light candidate period.

Shouldn’t the question be “what do the majority of Canadians want”?

Ask what people who already vote for the party want is a great way to never expand your vote tally, don’t you think?