Conservative Leadership September 10th

well it's offical the conservative leader will be selected sept 10th. so far pierre  is the only one  entered with rumours of  Lewis,patrick brown, Charest  and  couple others considering it.  

personally I would like to see Brown/charest  or chong  run and win  even though I don't think they have much of a chance due to the most of the voting base of party being in the west.

1: who do you want to enter/win the leadership and why?

2: Pierre is listed as the favorite do you think anyone considering running can make it a competitive contest vs him?

Pierre is unelectable.  He's a populist ass-licker and will have absolutely no appeal outside of the conservative base. 
If folks want Trudeau in for another term, he's the path for that.  He'd perform no better than the Reform Party and would get no support outside of the West and more isolated/rural parts of the country.  

I would vote for a guy like Chong in a second.  He's always been level-headed and principled (lost a cabinet position for not towing the party line under Harper) and can appeal to the middle ground in a way that someone like Pierre the dweeb can't.  

Charest I think can win an election and can appeal to the middle-right as well, but I'm not sure he can win a leadership campaign as a former Quebec Liberal where too much of the Leadership contest depends on the West. 

If we want to actually get rid of Trudeau, we need pragmatism instead of dogmatism.  Pierre will be a non-starter for huge swathes of the country.    

• Like 2

Canadians are too lost and groomed on far left narratives to elect a sensible government, I fear.  There’s nothing radical about Polievre.  He’s a centrist who wants accountable government, respect for our constitutional rights, and the removal of crippling carbon taxes in a context of hyperinflation.  Somehow that makes him right wing and scary?   I want to have faith in ordinary Canadians to see what a mess our government has made, but I think we may be stuck with left wing dictatorship. The populous is deluded.  It reminds me of 1930’s Germany.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

Pierre Poilievre is a performance artist telling the angry conservative base exactly what they want to hear.  His flip-flops on social issues are legendary and his principles are only as strong as he thinks they're popular. 

Whatever intelligent policy ideas he might have is drowned out in mountains of silly hyperbole like you just posted here.  He's hitched his wagon to that sort of nonsense and to the Freedom Convoy and their bullshit, and the rest of Canada is watching in distaste whilst getting vibes of Trumpism.  

We're probably looking at one of the worst prime ministers in Canadian history and you could put someone as boring as Patrick Brown up there and probably beat him.  Poilievre, however, would lose.  I hope that this is obvious to the more reasonable among CPC members and they can see he's the path to another Liberal government.  Don't take my word for it though.  Watch it happen and remember this conversation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canadians are too lost and groomed on far left narratives to elect a sensible government, I fear.  There’s nothing radical about Polievre.  He’s a centrist who wants accountable government, respect for our constitutional rights, and the removal of crippling carbon taxes in a context of hyperinflation.  Somehow that makes him right wing and scary?   I want to have faith in ordinary Canadians to see what a mess our government has made, but I think we may be stuck with left wing dictatorship. The populous is deluded.  It reminds me of 1930’s Germany.  

He's not a centrist he's an unapologetic conservative.

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Pierre is unelectable.  He's a populist ass-licker and will have absolutely no appeal outside of the conservative base. 
If folks want Trudeau in for another term, he's the path for that.  He'd perform no better than the Reform Party and would get no support outside of the West and more isolated/rural parts of the country.  

I would vote for a guy like Chong in a second.  He's always been level-headed and principled (lost a cabinet position for not towing the party line under Harper) and can appeal to the middle ground in a way that someone like Pierre the dweeb can't.  

Charest I think can win an election and can appeal to the middle-right as well, but I'm not sure he can win a leadership campaign as a former Quebec Liberal where too much of the Leadership contest depends on the West. 

If we want to actually get rid of Trudeau, we need pragmatism instead of dogmatism.  Pierre will be a non-starter for huge swathes of the country.    

Rolling over already? Gee...what a surprise. 

Pierre Poilievre is a performance artist telling the angry conservative base exactly what they want to hear.  His flip-flops on social issues are legendary and his principles are only as strong as he thinks they're popular. 

Whatever intelligent policy ideas he might have is drowned out in mountains of silly hyperbole like you just posted here.  He's hitched his wagon to that sort of nonsense and to the Freedom Convoy and their bullshit, and the rest of Canada is watching in distaste whilst getting vibes of Trumpism.  

We're probably looking at one of the worst prime ministers in Canadian history and you could put someone as boring as Patrick Brown up there and probably beat him.  Poilievre, however, would lose.  I hope that this is obvious to the more reasonable among CPC members and they can see he's the path to another Liberal government.  Don't take my word for it though.  Watch it happen and remember this conversation.  

You don’t even know what far right is when you try to call Polievre far right.  He’s advocating for sensible policy. Throwing words around like Trumpism doesn’t mean anything.  What in particular about Trump’s approach and/or policies are you worried that Polievre will do?  Squeamish fearful reactions to nothing illustrate how many Canadians have become detached from reality.

Brown like Ford and Charest won’t change anything because they’re scared of the woke inquisition, which is a real force against freedom of thought and speech.  Mere accusations of MeToo impropriety almost destroyed Brown’s political career.  I don’t think that the kind of politician who could actually make essential changes for the better can get elected in Canada.  Only left wing dictators and their fearful equivocating toadies will get elected.  Your take on Polievre illustrates why Canadian democracy is in trouble.  There’s no “acceptable” opposition to the Trudeau Liberals.  They own truth and everyone else is racist-fringe-Nazi.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

You don’t even know what far right is when you try to call Polievre far right.  He’s advocating for sensible policy.  Throwing words around like Trumpism doesn’t mean anything.  What in particular about Trump’s approach and/or policies are you worried that Polievre will do?  Squeamish fearful reactions to nothing illustrate how many Canadians have become detached from reality.

Brown like Ford and Charest won’t change anything because they’re scared of the woke inquisition, which is a real force against freedom of thought and speech.  Mere accusations of MeToo impropriety almost destroyed Brown’s political career.  I don’t think that the kind of politician who could actually make essential changes for the better can get elected in Canada.  Only left wing dictators and their fearful equivocating toadies will get elected.  Your take on Polievre illustrates why Canadian demo is in trouble.  There’s no “acceptable” opposition to the Trudeau Liberals.  They own truth and everyone else is racist-fringe-Nazi.  

Leftists have gone so far left that anything to the right of Stalin is "far right" to them

Then how did O'Toole lose? The guy was further to the left than the NDP on alot of issues and still lost

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, West said:

Then how did O'Toole lose? The guy was further to the left than the NDP on alot of issues and still lost

O'Toole lost because he couldn't pick a lane and nobody understood what he stood for.  He wouldn't disavow the fundamentalist base of the CPC and their social agenda (which is a non-starter for the overwhelming majority of Canadians), but then he also sort of teased support for them but wouldn't actually commit. 

Both groups therefore didn't trust him.  The average Canadian feared his nebulously defined social agenda, and then his far-right supporters didn't trust him because he played coy with them.  

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is a puppet regime of China and the World Economic Forum. It’s Vichy France.  

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Moonbox said:

O'Toole lost because he couldn't pick a lane and nobody understood what he stood for.  He wouldn't disavow the fundamentalist base of the CPC and their social agenda (which is a non-starter for the overwhelming majority of Canadians), but then he also sort of teased support for them but wouldn't actually commit. 

Both groups therefore didn't trust him.  The average Canadian feared his nebulously defined social agenda, and then his far-right supporters didn't trust him because he played coy with them.  

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

?.. far right eh.. whoever they are

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Far right is relative.  Pierre Poilievre and Maxime Bernier are far right of the overwhelming majority of Canadians.  That's all that really matters.  Nobody cares if there's an even further right, loonier fringe than that.  

What makes them "far right" ?

29 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Far right is relative.  Pierre Poilievre and Maxime Bernier are far right of the overwhelming majority of Canadians.  That's all that really matters.  Nobody cares if there's an even further right, loonier fringe than that.  

Yup there are no right wing or centrist parties in Canada.  It’s a far left dictatorship and any questioning of government narratives is racist-fringe-Nazi.  Sensible policy is considered dangerous and “alt-right” in Canada.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry - I think the World Economic Forum conspiracy theory was already debunked by a Conservative MP... move on.

No, Rumple is an apologist for the WEF.  She’s a member who loves the parties and accolades. Trudeau wants Great Reset which is why he’s hanging onto vaccine passports and won’t even discuss their removal.  He has fully embraced the WEF agenda and is Schwab’s favourite “Young Global Leader”.   Only a complete fool would ignore Schwab’s recent bragging about “penetrating” more than half of the Canadian Cabinet.  Writing off this serious damage to a sovereign democracy as a loony conspiracy theory is reckless.  Prove me wrong.  I bet you can’t, so stop saying that something has been debunked that hasn’t even been discussed in Parliament or mainstream media with any attention to detail.  Writing off any questioning of the government narrative as racist-fringe-Nazi is always the tactic now.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Haha 1

It's the CPC's election to lose. Even without a leader they have held even or ahead of the Liberals in the polls.

As long as they get a leader that can be clear where they stand on social issues (like Harper) they will win. If they don't, they'll lose yet again. That's really what it comes down to. Scheer and O'Toole were weak. 

Economic issues might take the forefront by the time the election comes around though. Which would probably benefit the right. They have the narrative advantage here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup there are no right wing or centrist parties in Canada.  It’s a far left dictatorship and any questioning of government narratives is racist-fringe-Nazi.  Sensible policy is considered dangerous and “alt-right” in Canada.

That you don't see the glaring hypocrisy and the total lack of perspective in your comments is worrying to me.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nexii said:

It's the CPC's election to lose. Even without a leader they have held even or ahead of the Liberals in the polls.

As long as they get a leader that can be clear where they stand on social issues (like Harper) they will win. If they don't, they'll lose yet again. That's really what it comes down to. Scheer and O'Toole were weak. 

Economic issues might take the forefront by the time the election comes around though. Which would probably benefit the right. They have the narrative advantage here.

There'll be no majorities with the Bloc's stranglehold in Quebec. 

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That you don't see the glaring hypocrisy and the total lack of perspective in your comments is worrying to me.  

It's not a right v left divide. 

It's urban v rural

Nationalists v globalist 

Do you want your elected officials being responsible to you or the UN/Klaus Schwab?

Globalist can't win on policy alone therefore have to call names.

Edited by West