Politicians and Russia Today

West

With Bell, Telus and other cable providers pulling Russia Today from their packages, and with Canadian politicians such as Candace Bergen calling for CRTC to pull Russia Today's license, and with YouTube demonitizing all RT content, the question is is freedom of the press under attack? It appears Boris Johnson is pulling the same in the UK. 

As Trudeau looks to pass bill C11 essentially eliminating any alternative media, should Canadians be concerned with the amount of political influence over what is and isn't allowed to be discussed in Canada?

Should we not be able to watch RT and draw our own conclusions about what's on the network? 

Edited by West

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So...a democratic state owned broadcaster = a broadcaster under a dictator's control.

Because the former is propaganda and the latter is free speech.

This is intellectually challenged.  

The question is why is it up to the government to censor what they don't like?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Hahahahaha.  What sort of mind-melting tricks do you have to do to decry Canadian media getting domestic public support, but that state-run news from Russia operating in Canada is okay.    

tinfoil.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, West said:

Because the government has to steer us like sheep in the direction they want.   They will claim they are protecting us from harmful propaganda.  Nothing has ever changed anywhere.

2 minutes ago, West said:

If it's not okay to provide public funding for domestic media in Canada, it cannot be okay for Russian state-funded media to operate as the propaganda arm in Canada.  

Choose your lane.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

What sort of mind-melting tricks do you have to do to decry Canadian media getting domestic public support, but that state-run news from Russia operating in Canada is okay.    

Because you can talk shit about CBC in this country and you won't end up in Thursday's stew ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

If it's not okay to provide public funding for domestic media in Canada, it cannot be okay for Russian state-funded media to operate as the propaganda arm in Canada.  

Choose your lane.  

?. Canada is state funding RT now? 

You must only nod along to CTV News and what they tell you. 

Say it with me...

Russia = bad

Ukraine= good

23 minutes ago, cougar said:

Because the government has to steer us like sheep in the direction they want.   They will claim they are protecting us from harmful propaganda.  Nothing has ever changed anywhere.

Yes we might develop unacceptable views if left to our own devices

Edited by West

50 minutes ago, West said:

Say it with me...

Russia = bad

Ukraine= good

Why are foreign state funded news outlets good and Canadian state funded outlets bad? Simple question you struggle to avoid. 

Which Ukrainian state funded outlets are carried on Canadian networks?

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Why are foreign state funded news outlets good and Canadian state funded outlets bad? Simple question you struggle to avoid. 

Which Ukrainian state funded outlets are carried on Canadian networks?

I never said RT was good or bad, only questioning why our government is playing the role of views police. 

I certainly think there's some value in knowing the point of view of those you consider an enemy. 

Edited by West

6 minutes ago, West said:

I never said RT was good or bad, only questioning why our government is playing the role of views police. 

I certainly think there's some value in knowing the point of view of those you consider an enemy. 

The government didn't. Pulling RT was a corporate decision made for corporate reasons. If you want to know their point of view, 

HERE

I didn't think you watched MSM but I guess Russian MSM is OK.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The government didn't. Pulling RT was a corporate decision made for corporate reasons. If you want to know their point of view, 

HERE

I didn't think you watched MSM but I guess Russian MSM is OK.

Candace Bergen has called for the CRTC to pull their license...

An alliance between big business and government (fascism)

Edited by West

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Candace Bergen isn't the government, she is the opposition to the government.

What about Boris Johnson in the UK? 

What about Justin Trudeau? He's asking for the same 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-trudeau-to-ask-canadas-broadcast-regulator-to-review-rts-presence-on/

... I believe the term the globalist are using for this is "stakeholder capitalism" 

Edited by West

1 hour ago, West said:

Say it with me...

Russia = bad

Ukraine= good

RT is funded by...the Russian state.  If you don't believe in public funding for the media, then RT shouldn't exist and shouldn't be supported.   

Try to keep your opinions straight okay?  

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

So...a democratic state owned broadcaster = a broadcaster under a dictator's control.

Because the former is propaganda and the latter is free speech.

You appear to be one of those brainwashed MSM bots. It was total censorship to pull RT off the air. Why did they do that?

I will tell you why? They did not want anyone to have access to the Russian side of the story. The story of trying to get and understand the other side of the story of this Russian and Ukraine feud. All we now get is the Ukraine side of the story and not the Russian side of the story. 

As that old saying goes: "to know one side of the story, is to know nothing at all". Yup, looks like you alright. By pulling RT off the air shows us all today that communist censorship is alive and well in Canada. People like you will never learn that the MSM is full of professional activist Marxists liars. They are not journalists or reporters anymore. They are just a bunch of spreaders of lies and hoaxes.

Just my opinion of course while I am still allowed to have one before the Marxist government in Ottawa decides to shut down websites like this forum. Hey, you never know, eh? This is the new Canada, don't you know. ?