Is Putin losing his mind?

The thread title is "Is Putin losing his mind"?  Well I am much more interested in seeing him losing his head, by a rope on his neck hanged from a tree.

Can we say people like Putin, Hitler, Saddam and their likes just losing their minds? No it is much more than than. At the end it is nice to see them hanged.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

8 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The thread title is "Is Putin losing his mind"?  Well I am much more interested in seeing him losing his head, by a rope on his neck hanged from a tree.

Can we say people like Putin, Hitler, Saddam and their likes just losing their minds? No it is much more than than. At the end it is nice to see them hanged.

It's looking more and more like Putin is losing his invasion. Putin's probably running out of fuel  and spare parts because some oligarchs ignored the requisition and sold them to a higher bidder.

The big old bad Russian bear doesn't seem so big and bad after all.  Seem more like a big old loser the longer this goes on.  Who knew...all this time we probably could have easily knocked what's left of the stuffing out of what's proving to be no worse than a threadbare old teddy bear.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's looking more and more like Putin is losing his invasion. Putin's probably running out of fuel  and spare parts because some oligarchs ignored the requisition and sold them to a higher bidder.

The big old bad Russian bear doesn't seem so big and bad after all.  Seem more like a big old loser the longer this goes on.  Who knew...all this time we probably could have easily knocked what's left of the stuffing out of what's proving to be no worse than a threadbare old teddy bear.

Yes true but it would be nice to see a coup against him by his own military to topple him, put him on trial and for the satisfaction of the world, hang him too.

It would be so nice to see what happened to Romanian dictator 30 years ago happen to this Russian dictator too.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Modern economics is making this war too costly for Putin.  Russia companies reduced to penny stocks, interest rates skyrocketing, their currency in tatters.  Putin will need to end this war and fast and come to some compromise with Zelensky.   See, unlike the chattering neo-con war mongers tell us, going toe to toe with Putin is not necessary.  The oil markets are acting like oil only comes from Russia.  They will sink like a stone once this is resolved.  Gold will have a large sell off as well.

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

I don’t think he’s losing.  He’s encountered stronger than expected resistance, but he’s still making progress.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

It is far from over, Russians are still pushing back Ukrainian forces slowly, he's only lost maybe 5000 he has 200,000 or more and over 700,000 in reserve...and enough chemical weapons to kill everything in Ukraine and most of Europe...

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It is far from over, Russians are still pushing back Ukrainian forces slowly, he's only lost maybe 5000 he has 200,000 or more and over 700,000 in reserve...and enough chemical weapons to kill everything in Ukraine and most of Europe...

While we sit and clutch the pearls that tell us Ukraine is not one of us and it's not our fight?

C'mon, we've all known this day would come.  Is there a good vs evil analogy to watering the tree of liberty? And how does the struggle between right wing vs left fit into this?  It took right wingers a few days to at least agree they're not with Putin but now it's stalled on what to do. The left in the meantime appears its prepared to fight.  Interesting turn of the worm. 

It seems to me that the left is prepared to fight simply on the basis of Putin being an asshole but the right is struggling with the issue of what Putin's and even Ukraine's ideological status is, Nazi or a commie.  I note the right is still quite comfortable using either labels domestically but perhaps that's just a knee-jerk force of habit they'll need to learn to control, especially if they want to be taken seriously about anything.  

Edited by eyeball

On 3/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, eyeball said:

And how long the US were in Iraq after the initial attack ? Ten years? Fifteen years?

Just now, cougar said:

And how long the US were in Iraq after the initial attack ? Ten years? Fifteen years?

The US should have been the one with sanctions placed against it. I doubt they would have ever invaded in the first place if some middle power with the balls to suggest sanctions had stood up to the stupidity of the idea and the ridiculousness of the evidence the US and UK presented.

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1. And how does the struggle between right wing vs left fit into this? 
2. It took right wingers a few days to at least agree they're not with Putin but now it's stalled on what to do. The left in the meantime appears its prepared to fight.  Interesting turn of the worm. 

3. It seems to me that the left is prepared to fight simply on the basis of Putin being an asshole but the right is struggling with the issue of what Putin's and even Ukraine's ideological status is, Nazi or a commie. 

1. Some things are just so obvious that they transcend all attempts to divide right and left.  Based on opinion polls, the Russian invasion of their neighbour appears to be one of these.  ( Cite is 538 podcast )
2. They are reading the tea leaves.   The new pattern of politicizing everything and taking the opposite position as your opponent may be dead now.
3. I don't think that's true.  Even the part of us 'fighting' unless you mean changing your Facebook pic to a Ukraine flag

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. I don't think that's true.  Even the part of us 'fighting' unless you mean changing your Facebook pic to a Ukraine flag

Maybe it's a sense I get that some people see or would like it to be seen that this war as a fight between Nazi's and commies or Nazis vs Nazis that shouldn't involve us.

• Confused 1

On 3/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, eyeball said:

Putin needs this over quick.  His currency has lost value, interest rates are sky high, and the share prices of Russia's largest companies are in the toilet.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

While we sit and clutch the pearls that tell us Ukraine is not one of us and it's not our fight?

C'mon, we've all known this day would come.  Is there a good vs evil analogy to watering the tree of liberty? And how does the struggle between right wing vs left fit into this?  It took right wingers a few days to at least agree they're not with Putin but now it's stalled on what to do. The left in the meantime appears its prepared to fight.  Interesting turn of the worm. 

It seems to me that the left is prepared to fight simply on the basis of Putin being an asshole but the right is struggling with the issue of what Putin's and even Ukraine's ideological status is, Nazi or a commie.  I note the right is still quite comfortable using either labels domestically but perhaps that's just a knee-jerk force of habit they'll need to learn to control, especially if they want to be taken seriously about anything.  

The left only hate Putin because he is anti-LGBTQ+.  They didn't even pay attention to the last 20 years of Putin's aggression.  They showed up late to the narrative that Hillary aka Chairman Pantsuits launched in 2016 in her failed bid for POTUS.  For the right, we are still pissed that Ukraine bribed the Bidens and created the fake pee gate dossier on Trump.  So screw them. I use to really sympathize with the Ukraine, but not anymore.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Some things are just so obvious that they transcend all attempts to divide right and left.  Based on opinion polls, the Russian invasion of their neighbour appears to be one of these.  ( Cite is 538 podcast )
2. They are reading the tea leaves.   The new pattern of politicizing everything and taking the opposite position as your opponent may be dead now.

John Bolton, the neocon extraordinaire told Vice that Trump was not a impediment to the Ukraine.  So the neocons are totally politicizing this war. 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, eyeball said:

This is not about good vs evil, this is about the extinction of man if NATO steps in just a little bit... right now this is Ukraine vs Russia thats is as far as it is going to go....If it goes farther then it is not going to matter who is left or right, death does not care one way or the other..

Is that what you think right wingers secretively pray to the god Putin in the basement... i spent a lot of my career in the cold war, Russians have always been the bad guys...

The left is willing to fight, that shit is funney eyeball ... they make a bunch of noise in the media, puff out their chests while wearing socks and sandals, dress in capris pants,   but they are not lined up to board a plane for Ukraine to fight, not unless they have been drafted...... they are still on their couches eating big macs sucking back cokes...and what is the left going to fight with, the left side of the spectrum have disarmed Canada's military  to the point it is irrelevant on the battle field...

Would that not be ironic, sent to war with with obsolete equipment  becasue the left was scared of the military, i would love to be training those candy asses little pat on the bum , go get them tiger, next....

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

This is not about good vs evil, this is about the extinction of man if NATO steps in just a little bit... right now this is Ukraine vs Russia thats is as far as it is going to go....If it goes farther then it is not going to matter who is left or right, death does not care one way or the other..Is that what you think right wingers secretively pray to the god Putin in the basement...

No, I think they needed to be told what their opinion was on the matter. It really looked like they were floundering at first.  Probably due to all the labelling and mislabelling that's been going on these days...the fog of politics or something.

I spent a lot of my career in the cold war, Russians have always been the bad guys...

Commies you mean. I'm quite sure either one of us could happily have a beer with an ordinary Russian.

The left is willing to fight, that shit is funney eyeball ... they make a bunch of noise in the media, puff out their chests while wearing socks and sandals, dress in capris pants,   but they are not lined up to board a plane for Ukraine to fight, not unless they have been drafted...... they are still on their couches eating big macs sucking back cokes...and what is the left going to fight with, the left side of the spectrum have disarmed Canada's military  to the point it is irrelevant on the battle field...

I simply meant the left didn't appear to be waiting for someone to tell them who was in the wrong in the invasion of Ukraine.

Would that not be ironic, sent to war with with obsolete equipment  becasue the left was scared of the military, i would love to be training those candy asses little pat on the bum , go get them tiger, next....

I'm not scared of the military, I'm just dubious of the misadventures it gets sent off to or invited to go follow our stupid allies into.

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1.  No, I think they needed to be told what their opinion was on the matter. It really looked like they were floundering at first.  Probably due to all the labelling and mislabelling that's been going on these days...the fog of politics or something.

2...Commies you mean. I'm quite sure either one of us could happily have a beer with an ordinary Russian.

3... I simply meant the left didn't appear to be waiting for someone to tell them who was in the wrong in the invasion of Ukraine.

4...I'm not scared of the military, I'm just dubious of the misadventures it gets sent off to or invited to go follow our stupid allies into.

1. I think they already knew what their opinion was, and it would not have good optics in Ukraine, as everyone is dancing around the nuclear triggers, now is not the time to puff up our chests and start drumming on the war drums...

2. Warsaw pact, or what ever you want to call them , they have a much different culture than we do, and do not regard life as high as we do, nor do they have a high regard for human rights, things are changing in Russia but it's going to be a while yet, before we break out any beers. 

3. telling someone what is wrong is one thing, but like everything we sometimes take it to far, like the NHL was thinking about barring Russian players that live in north America for years now.. not allowing Russian athletes attend the special Olympics i mean come on, no today we have to cancel everything, regardless of impact... in the above cases their is no impact on Russia or it's leadership..

4.  Most Canadians are scared of the military, like they were all leapers... when they are all Canadians citizens just like the rest of us, but instead of punishing the politicians as they decide who is going where, no they would rather punish the soldiers by keeping much needed equipment that saves lives away from them.... Politicians are going to send them anyways so why not equip them right so they to can come home to their families...but like everything it is cheaper to bury those young Canadians than equip them to atleast have a chance to come home...One day all of that will change, this issue with Russia is perhaps a warning, and if we disregard it, then it is our sons and daughters that are going to pay for all this with their lives, for what becasue we lacked the vision or we where to cheap.. nice legacy anyways.   

Putin is taking advantage of a period of weakness in the US and NATO powers.  He knows that these countries have hobbled themselves with anti-energy green policies and equity policies that put representation above competence.  Now we essentially have NATO militaries that are weakened by internal struggles with MeToo inquisitions and equity programs that put considerations of representation above merit.  The west is weakened and less prepared for hard power challenges.  Putin has been signalling for years that he wants to maintain a buffer between Russia and NATO and that Ukraine is too culturally linked to Russia to flip to NATO.  There are many Russian speaking people in Eastern Ukraine and they have been under some attack from Ukraine nationalists, including Neo-Nazis.  That doesn’t excuse the invasion or hurting of innocent people.  Really this should end with some kind of assurance of protection for Eastern Ukraine and an assurance from Russia that Ukraine can maintain its democracy, perhaps with an assurance that Ukraine remains outside NATO.  Russia has to mend fences.