World Economic Forum - A CONSERVATIVE explains the conspiracy theory

This is a great piece from a true conservative.  Thoughtful conservatives will recognize the root cause of conspiracy theories around the WEF and so on.  She writes clearly and exposes the mechanics of influence in politics.  Spoiler: it's not scary and you can do it too.

I actually can’t fault Canadians for looking for a way to blame their problems on some sort of shadowy global antagonist. That school of thought causes much less of a headache than believing that a wide breadth of government officials in their own G7 country could have royally screwed up all by themselves.

https://theline.substack.com/p/michelle-rempel-garner-i-went-to?utm_source=url

Canada’s lobbying rules and accountability mechanisms for parliamentarians are strict. We cannot accept gifts from lobbyists. Corporate election donations are banned, and individual donations are capped at $1,675 a person. Outside organizations can’t buy a member of Parliament off, which is a very good thing for our democracy.

In this context, believing that Klaus Schwab has the ability to materially influence the Canadian government is preposterous.

But what about Soros' mind-rays, fluoridation, and Bill Gate's computer chips? 

BAAAAA!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is a great piece from a true conservative.  

https://theline.substack.com/p/michelle-rempel-garner-i-went-to?utm_source=url

At one time Michelle Rempel was a true conservative. Then she took the third name and something happened. She's just another in the herd of the hijacked now. 

I find this bit from the article interesting:

"

In January 2016 I woke up to an email with the subject, “You Have Been Selected as a Young Global Leader (YGL)”. I thought it was likely spam, but upon opening it I realized it was no joke. The YGL program is a big part of the broader WEF programming. Businessweek magazine described it as: "the most exclusive private social network in the world.” This is an overstatement; but members do include the likes of Sergei Brin, Ivanka Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, Amal Clooney and many of the top up-and-coming political leaders in the G20.

In Canada, Andrew Scheer is a YGL, too. So is Justin Trudeau."

I didn’t give the award much thought. "

So she didn't give the award much thought, she says.

Next she's telling us how she's flying all over the world attending WEF conferences and such.

Yeah right, new Michelle. Pay no attention to the man woman behind the curtain.

• Like 1

No. But I didn't get one until much later when my government was threatening me with social isolation if I didn't. 

Even then I only got one, then never again. Screw it. I can live without going to Burger King.

But no, I never claimed Donald Trump was infallible, just right enough times that he was worth listening to.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I guess you stopped reading it then ?

Seriously? You've never seen Wizard of Oz?

It was like Michelle was expecting you not to notice she was flying all over the world getting brain trained by an organization she'd just told us she had no interest in.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Read every word of this piece, it's illuminating...

Great, now she can explain "build back better" that all these leaders won't top talking about: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/07/to-build-back-better-we-must-reinvent-capitalism-heres-how/

I don't think they control the world but there's obviously something weird happening.  Governments are taking these ideas slapping them into their rhetoric.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Great, now she can explain "build back better" that all these leaders won't top talking about: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/07/to-build-back-better-we-must-reinvent-capitalism-heres-how/

I don't think they control the world but there's obviously something weird happening.  Governments are taking these ideas slapping them into their rhetoric.

You mean John Elkington and Peter Bakker ? ?

9 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

I was a big fan of Michelle's back when she was an actual conservative though.

Something indeed happened to Michelle. People seem to have dropped her like a hot potato compared to earlier. No more fireside chats, either. Oh well.

Opinion: It’s time for a massive reset of capitalism - The Globe and Mail

So the actual founder in his own words wants a "massive reset of capitalism" and it's time for the "great reset".

To achieve a better outcome, the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a “Great Reset” of capitalism.

• Like 1

The above certainly sounds like one world government run by the elites. Well kind of the same thing that's happening now but just with powerful elites that don't uniformly agree on everything.

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve co-ordination (for example, in tax, regulatory and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes. Depending on the country, these may include changes to wealth taxes, the withdrawal of fossil-fuel subsidies and new rules governing intellectual property, trade and competition.

The second component of a Great Reset agenda would ensure that investments advance shared goals, such as equality and sustainability. Here, the large-scale spending programs that many governments are implementing represent a major opportunity for progress. The European Commission, for one, has unveiled plans for a €750-billion (C$1.14-trillion) recovery fund. The U.S., China and Japan also have ambitious economic-stimulus plans.

There you have it, fairer outcomes, more equitable outcomes etc. Not equal opportunity, equal outcomes. Sounds like the Green New Deal to me. It seems like we're already seeing the kind of results from this line of thinking, soaring inflation which is hurting the most vulnerable, the poor and middle class. I don't know why anyone would think this is wonderful.

Michelle should have sent that email to the spam folder.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ironstone said:

So the actual founder in his own words wants a "massive reset of capitalism" and it's time for the "great reset".

To achieve a better outcome, the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a “Great Reset” of capitalism.

Mit Klaus as Der Führer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

I hear a lot of people on here talk about massive changes they want to make to the economy, such as drastic cuts to immigration. So is a reset, on the face of it, a bad idea when people from all sides of the political spectrum ask for it?

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I hear a lot of people on here talk about massive changes they want to make to the economy, such as drastic cuts to immigration. So is a reset, on the face of it, a bad idea when people from all sides of the political spectrum ask for it?

Who gets crushed? Who gets killed?

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

What kind of question is that ?  Try to be clear if you want me to try to understand.  I'm not going to try to say that global capitalism is utopian, but to bring the discussion down to earth, as the article does.

You're going to turn the world upside down as an experiment. 

So who doesn't get to enjoy the reset?