Vaccine Mandates and Emergencies Act

Emergencies Act  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Or that you live in a city ?

These people think they're better than everybody, which is strange because that's what people accuse educated, wealthy, and better people of ?

"BETTER PEOPLE" ?

Freudian slip, much?

Or were you intentionally agreeing with Zeitgeist? In which case, good on you. You get it. Perhaps this education you're puffing yourself up about wasn't a  total waste. Perhaps...

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s gross and anyone who questions it is some kind of freak.

Lots of people question them and criticize them, including myself.  Look up my posts on this forum from when Trudeau was first elected MP and how I dreaded his name joining Parliament.  I've hated the Trudeau name for as long as I can remember.  Nobody calls me a freak, except maybe you jokers. 

Your problem is that you can't criticize the government without falling back on hyperbole, conspiracy theories and the tired, used-up rag of "Mm...mm.mainStrEAM MedIA".   As soon as you pull out that gem, you've lost the debate and most reasonable people will justifiably tune you out. 

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s become a national embarrassment, the holier than thou hypocritical wokester.  Trudeau is the exemplar.  Yet we see how he describes the opposition and how he has treated some women in his party.  It’s ridiculous.

The truckers protest was a national embarrassment in the first place, but Trudeau doubled-down, fanned the flames and proceeded to embarrass himself and the government on top of that.  It was a truly great moment for Canada.  

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Lots of people question them and criticize them, including myself.  Look up my posts on this forum from when Trudeau was first elected MP and how I dreaded his name joining Parliament.  I've hated the Trudeau name for as long as I can remember.  Nobody calls me a freak, except maybe you jokers. 

Your problem is that you can't criticize the government without falling back on hyperbole, conspiracy theories and the tired, used-up rag of "Mm...mm.mainStrEAM MedIA".   As soon as you pull out that gem, you've lost the debate and most reasonable people will justifiably tune you out. 

The truckers protest was a national embarrassment in the first place, but Trudeau doubled-down, fanned the flames and proceeded to embarrass himself and the government on top of that.  It was a truly great moment for Canada.  

I understand why the truckers took a stand over mandates, and I do think it served to remove them in some provinces for all the residents there.  They really had no other means to show their opposition outside of protest.  Their civil disobedience was not violent, though I agree it was disruptive.  However, the blockades were removed and the honking curtailed prior to issuing the Emergencies Act.  Trudeau still won’t discuss the removal of mandates and his descriptions of protesters and the unvaccinated were discriminatory and divisive.  I believe in vaccines, but the pressure brought to bear on the unvaccinated, I and millions of Canadians believe, is unethical and unconstitutional.

With regard to comments about mainstream media, the major news outlets in Canada did seem to editorialize against the protesters, painting them much the way Trudeau did, with one brush that identified them with a small more extreme element in the convoy.  It wasn’t fair and thousands of Canadians feel mistreated because they were mistreated.

I’ll stop my hyperbole, but it was intentional, because the status quo isn’t okay.  We see an out of touch government that has pushed its agenda beyond was is reasonable or even constitutional.  It’s polarized Canadians and reduced people’s confidence in government and the country as a whole, after a period in which Canada has been slammed as colonial, racist, and other negative qualities, even though anyone who knows something about world history can only see Canada in a positive light relative to just about every other country.  To me and many Canadians, this is Trudeau’s legacy.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

"BETTER PEOPLE" ?

Freudian slip, much?

Or were you intentionally agreeing with Zeitgeist? In which case, good on you. You get it. Perhaps this education you're puffing yourself up about wasn't a  total waste. Perhaps...

I was joshing.  Nobody who came from factory workers and was going to be a priest actually thinks they're better.

Oddly, though, it means I AM better.  Than all of you.  Better.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I was joshing.  Nobody who came from factory workers and was going to be a priest actually thinks they're better.

Oddly, though, it means I AM better.  Than all of you.  Better.

You’re too unquestioning.  I’ll assume your self-affirmation is tongue in cheek.

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I understand why the truckers took a stand over mandates, and I do think it served to remove them in some provinces for all the residents there.  

I don't think they did.  The mandates were set to end soon anyways and no government wanted to been seen as backing down from the rabble.  

They really had no other means to show their opposition outside of protest.  Their civil disobedience was not violent, though I agree it was disruptive.  However, the blockades were removed and the honking curtailed prior to issuing the Emergencies Act.  

The Emergencies Act was a farce and was a shameful abuse of power.  

Trudeau still won’t discuss the removal of mandates and his descriptions of protesters and the unvaccinated were discriminatory and divisive.  I believe in vaccines, but the pressure brought to bear on the unvaccinated, I and millions of Canadians believe, is unethical and unconstitutional.

It wasn't unconstitutional and the Courts have supported the mandates and dismissed almost every case brought against them.  They weren't discriminatory either.  There's no question that the rhetoric was divisive and went too far, however.  

With regard to comments about mainstream media, the major news outlets in Canada did seem to editorialize against the protesters, painting them much the way Trudeau did, with one brush that identified them with a small more extreme element in the convoy.  It wasn’t fair and thousands of Canadians feel mistreated because they were mistreated.

There was absolutely an editorial bias, but that's because every newspaper has an opinion and attitude, and also tries to report on what they figure their audience finds important.  The protestors were deeply unpopular because they were viewed as selfish, loudmouthed malcontents.  Showing up with "Fuck Trudeau" signs was hardly a signal that there was going to be any productive dialogue, and some of the primary organizers of the protests (like Pat King and Tamara Lich) are idiots that set the tone.  

I’ll stop my hyperbole, but it was intentional, because the status quo isn’t okay.  We see an out of touch government that has pushed its agenda beyond was is reasonable or even constitutional.  It’s polarized Canadians and reduced people’s confidence in government and the country as a whole, after a period in which Canada has been slammed as colonial, racist, and other negative qualities, even though anyone who knows something about world history can only see Canada in a positive light relative to just about every other country.  To me and many Canadians, this is Trudeau’s legacy.  

Like his father (who I previously felt was Canada's worst PM ever), Trudeau is an unprincipled populist who has nothing useful to say other than what he thinks his supporters want to hear.  I can't stand him, but the wild hyperbole and the conspiracy theories don't hurt him.  They just make his opponents look unreasonable and present an even worse alternative.  

25 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I don't think they did.  The mandates were set to end soon anyways and no government wanted to been seen as backing down from the rabble.  

The Emergencies Act was a farce and was a shameful abuse of power.  

It wasn't unconstitutional and the Courts have supported the mandates and dismissed almost every case brought against them.  They weren't discriminatory either.  There's no question that the rhetoric was divisive and went too far, however.  

There was absolutely an editorial bias, but that's because every newspaper has an opinion and attitude, and also tries to report on what they figure their audience finds important.  The protestors were deeply unpopular because they were viewed as selfish, loudmouthed malcontents.  Showing up with "Fuck Trudeau" signs was hardly a signal that there was going to be any productive dialogue, and some of the primary organizers of the protests (like Pat King and Tamara Lich) are idiots that set the tone.  

Like his father (who I previously felt was Canada's worst PM ever), Trudeau is an unprincipled populist who has nothing useful to say other than what he thinks his supporters want to hear.  I can't stand him, but the wild hyperbole and the conspiracy theories don't hurt him.  They just make his opponents look unreasonable and present an even worse alternative.  

You have focused on the same elements of the convoy that mainstream media did.  Pat King didn’t figure into the press conferences.  The speakers had very reasonable things to say and most of the protesters were typical Canadians of all backgrounds with legitimate concerns.  I can’t help but feel that you’re watching television to get your news, as most people now, especially younger ones, are getting news from podcasts, YouTube, and more specialized cable programming.  I recommend Bari Weiss’s Substack newsletter.  Jordan Peterson’s interviews are quite good (JBP Podcast), and The Hill on YouTube.  Your outlook feels like CTV nightly news.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

15 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is to slow the spread of the virus. Would you want to sit next to an unvaccinated person?

Notwithstanding the potential for large pools of unvaccinated people to be sources of new variants, I'm pretty sure the unvaccinated are at more risk from the vaccinated.

14 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is not a fascist dictatorship.

Yes, it is the very essence of an authoritarian and fascist, dictatorship. We do whatever we like. There are no checks and no limits. For us.

14 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You are pretty cavalier with other people's lives. 

As said, you cannot use default, general statements to impose blanket restrictions on real people. No, in a democracy you cannot do that, but in a dictatorship, sure. That you're repeating it again and again only signifies that you really have no arguments. We are entitled to do as we see just because.

Edited by myata

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think you’re gullible and unquestioning.

Yeah but c'mon you also think I'm like some 4 legged beast that says baaa, I wear a swastika on one arm, a hammer and sickle on the other, that I want to enslave you and tear your fingernails to name names so I can tear their nails out too.

So hyperbole or...take eyeball's word to the bank?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think you’re gullible and unquestioning.

I agree. He listens to too much ctv. Would serve himself well to read source documents and draw his own conclusions rather than just parroting the media and claiming he's smarter than you

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Most fines have been thrown out and wouldn't be the first time in our history where the Courts have supported some abhorrent policies. 

3 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

I’m guessing you’re the guy that drives alone in his car with a mask on

I've been there. My hearing aids and glasses get tangled up in the mask and pretty much have to come off too so...takes less time to just drive from the post office to the grocery store with the mask on than dink around with all my accessories.

Then there's this guy.

image.thumb.png.5e6fd31e57712ff863c43124ee20a9a2.png

Edited by eyeball

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

If I say you're a poopy ka ka head and someone agrees, will that be enough to make it true or would I still need a cite?

Just because something isn't found in the newspaper does it make it false?

Edited by West

Just now, eyeball said:

If I say you're a poopy ka ka head and someone agrees, will that be enough to make it true or would I still need a cite?

OMG - I think we're finally getting somewhere.  In honesty, your comment is on a par with telling people that they disagree with you because you watch CTV.  And not even knowing if you do...

The moderator of this forum submitted a conspiracy theory of some kind in the clubs... when I asked him the details he accused me of watching The Jeffersons.  I suppose if I told him I watched Good Times or Maude he would have been ok with me ?

That said - I hope you are bored or fogged in to be tapping the glass of the retarded right aquarium all the time.  Don't you have some bubble wrap you can pop ?  Or DM me and we'll play 20 questions...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You have focused on the same elements of the convoy that mainstream media did.

Sure, but the media isn't wrong because it's the mainstream media, and that's the central delusion of your viewpoint - that journalists from all different political stripes, backgrounds and countries from around the world (and often conflict with each other) are all in lockstep telling the same lies. 

The fact of the matter is that 90% of Canadians got vaccinated and were following the mandates and the science believing that this would hasten the "return to normal".  A small subset of the population, however, refused all of the above and then proceeded to tell everyone they were better judges of the science, that they cared more about freedom and that the government they'd just re-elected was tyrannical.  No media spin was required to turn popular opinion against them.  

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Pat King didn’t figure into the press conferences.  The speakers had very reasonable things to say and most of the protesters were typical Canadians of all backgrounds with legitimate concerns.  

Tamara Lich is not a reasonable person, and whatever legitimate concerns the protestors had were drowned out in their absurd hyperbole and the obstinate nuisances they made of themselves.  Blocking $300M worth of daily trade at the Ambassador Bridge was so ridiculously tone-deaf for a movement trying to argue about the damage being caused to the economy that it was clear from the outset that they weren't reasonable.  

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I can’t help but feel that you’re watching television to get your news, as most people now, especially younger ones, are getting news from podcasts, YouTube, and more specialized cable programming.

I don't have a cable, so whatever.  Youtube and podcasts can have interesting/valid content, but then it's also full of mountains of bullshit.  If that's the only place you're getting your news from, then you're filtering your sources to create a feedback loop that's going to repeat your views back to you.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, West said:

Just because something isn't found in the newspaper does it make it false?

If something is absent or barely mentioned in the msm it's because it's not newsworthy not because they're conspiring with each other and the government to keep people in the dark. That's just flat out retarded.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

OMG - I think we're finally getting somewhere.  In honesty, your comment is on a par with telling people that they disagree with you because you watch CTV.  And not even knowing if you do...

The moderator of this forum submitted a conspiracy theory of some kind in the clubs... when I asked him the details he accused me of watching The Jeffersons.  I suppose if I told him I watched Good Times or Maude he would have been ok with me ?

That said - I hope you are bored or fogged in to be tapping the glass of the retarded right aquarium all the time.  Don't you have some bubble wrap you can pop ?  Or DM me and we'll play 20 questions...

I still have a bum back. I thought I was getting better but my impatience with things piling up that needed doing drove me off the couch and over did it again.

Its either yak on here or watch CTV so...

Edited by eyeball
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If something is absent or barely mentioned in the msm it's because it's not newsworthy not because they're conspiring with each other and the government to keep people in the dark. That's just flat out retarded.

Once again arguing something I'm not. 

3 hours ago, West said:

Most fines have been thrown out and wouldn't be the first time in our history where the Courts have supported some abhorrent policies. 

Most of the cases for fines aren't even being pushed forward.  Seeing cases for minor fines when the Courts are backlogged by 6 months or longer are about as low on the priority list as parking tickets.  

For the cases that are being thrown out, it's usually because law enforcement errors (like misinterpreting the rules), or because they've been delayed too long to proceed.   

Constitutional challenges, however, have been expedited through the Courts and have in almost all cases been dismissed, with judgments emphasizing the point that the mandates are, in fact, Constitutional.  

14 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Sure, but the media isn't wrong because it's the mainstream media, and that's the central delusion of your viewpoint - that journalists from all different political stripes, backgrounds and countries from around the world (and often conflict with each other) are all in lockstep telling the same lies. 

The fact of the matter is that 90% of Canadians got vaccinated and were following the mandates and the science believing that this would hasten the "return to normal".  A small subset of the population, however, refused all of the above and then proceeded to tell everyone they were better judges of the science, that they cared more about freedom and that the government they'd just re-elected was tyrannical.  No media spin was required to turn popular opinion against them.  

Tamara Lich is not a reasonable person, and whatever legitimate concerns the protestors had were drowned out in their absurd hyperbole and the obstinate nuisances they made of themselves.  Blocking $300M worth of daily trade at the Ambassador Bridge was so ridiculously tone-deaf for a movement trying to argue about the damage being caused to the economy that it was clear from the outset that they weren't reasonable.  

I don't have a cable, so whatever.  Youtube and podcasts can have interesting/valid content, but then it's also full of mountains of bullshit.  If that's the only place you're getting your news from, then you're filtering your sources to create a feedback loop that's going to repeat your views back to you.  

You’re wrong on a few counts, but we’ve had these conversations.  The biggest concern I and many others have with your views is this idea that government should be able to dictate your health program to the extent of removing constitutional rights and one’s ability to earn a livelihood.  I don’t care that 90% of the population is vaccinated.  I’m vaccinated too.  That doesn’t give government the right to oppress people who don’t accept a government health regimen.  We have minority rights in our Constitution to protect people against the tyranny of the majority.  I think part of the reason you don’t care is because you can’t fathom why someone wouldn’t get vaccinated, and I don’t just mean people with medical exemptions.  This is about protecting individual rights. The Canadian government revealed itself as against those rights.  I already know your counter-arguments and I’ll always disagree with them.  If we don’t protect rights for all, don’t complain when your rights are trounced on when you take issue with a government mandate.  

Edited by Zeitgeist