Vaccine Mandates and Emergencies Act

Emergencies Act  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau has maintained vaccine passports and mandates and still won’t discuss their removal.  Grossly arbitrary and unconstitutional leadership.  

That is provincial jurisdiction. Premier Moe removed the mandates and now the death rate from Covid is at record levels in Saskatchewan. Canada has a better record at mitigating covid and the countries like Denmark that removed the public health measures first are seeing a spike in cases.

The Crown has a primary duty to protect the citizens. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is provincial jurisdiction. Premier Moe removed the mandates and now the death rate from Covid is at record levels in Saskatchewan.

Travel mandates are federal.

As for the rest, its nonsense. The "record high deaths" that you claim are a lagging indicator for when all mandates were in effect

Edited by West
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, West said:

Travel mandates are federal.

Do you mean to say inter-provincial travel is resricted by the Feds? The restrictions last year that prevented me from going to BC were put in place by the BC Government. There are no travel mandated for travel within Canada.

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Do you mean to say inter-provincial travel is resricted by the Feds? The restrictions last year that prevented me from going to BC were put in place by the BC Government.

No I mean Transport Canada's ban on unvaccinated passengers in trains or planes or 14 day quarantine requirements + negative test (paid out of pocket to the former Health Minister Rona Ambrose) if you are unvaccinated

Edited by West

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is to slow the spread of the virus. Would you want to sit next to an unvaccinated person?

So you can sit next to a positive tripple vaxxed person but not a negative unvaxxed person. You know "science"

Makes sense ?

Edited by West

41 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is provincial jurisdiction. Premier Moe removed the mandates and now the death rate from Covid is at record levels in Saskatchewan. Canada has a better record at mitigating covid and the countries like Denmark that removed the public health measures first are seeing a spike in cases.

The Crown has a primary duty to protect the citizens. 

Covid isn’t a health crisis anymore.  Handling Covid now is manageable without mandates and restrictions, which are being lifted across Western countries.  Why is Trudeau hanging onto vaccine passports and mandates federally?  Why are truckers dealing with this, especially in a period of hyperinflation?

37 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is to slow the spread of the virus. Would you want to sit next to an unvaccinated person?

Yes.  I sat in a crowded bar beside an unvaccinated person where everyone was unmasked and people were dancing on the weekend.  Loved it. Had Covid a short while ago and it barely registered.  Some congestion and fatigue.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

31 minutes ago, West said:

So you can sit next to a positive tripple vaxxed person but not a negative unvaxxed person. You know "science"

Makes sense ?

People ruled by fear.  I understand some trepidation among elderly and immune-compromised people, so many of them will take extra precautions, mask up, and stay away from crowded places.  

Between the Convoy protests and Ukraine war I think we might see something of a democratic revival. Western nations are rallying as we see where authoritarianism can lead. Ironic in a way that it's being led by countries that are viewed as less democratic than us. I suppose they know all too painfully by history

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

A mask protects others, not the wearer.  If you are committed to helping the vulnerable, you should wear a mask around them.

It’s not justifiable to require people to wear masks anymore.  Wear one to protect yourself if you please.  If I’m around an elderly or morbidly obese person indoors I’ll maintain 2 metres distance or wear a mask.  

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Yes I would for my own sake. Only a couple of years back you sat next to a passenger never vaccinated against flu, coughing and sneezing to the heart's desire and wouldn't even think about it. Forgot, yes? But it happened, fact. And if you're scared to look out without a mask and five vaccinations for another five years or decades it's your problem, only yours, how hard is it to get?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s not justifiable to require people to wear masks anymore.  Wear one to protect yourself if you please.  If I’m around an elderly or morbidly obese person indoors I’ll maintain 2 metres distance or wear a mask.  

I dont want to be rude but the morbidly obese person doesn't look after their own health. Why should I go out of my way to wear a breathing barrier?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Covid isn’t a health crisis anymore.

Yes it is. Over 90 people died from covid in Feb. in Saskatchewan. We had a record number of deaths because our provincial Premier agrees with you and not the doctors. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

Over 90 people died from covid in Feb. in Saskatchewan.

You cannot install a virtually fascist dictatorship indefinitely by the rationale of possibly saving some people from dying. There are lines, checks, proportionality, necessity, objectivity, effectiveness, rights, freedoms. It doesn't work this way I think so you do. Not in the normal societies at least.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

Yes it is. Over 90 people died from covid in Feb. in Saskatchewan. We had a record number of deaths because our provincial Premier agrees with you and not the doctors. 

Time to move on.  If you’re worried about the impact of Covid, take extra precautions.  Too much non-Covid suffering now after two years of privation.  It’s not worth having restrictions and mandates.  I mean you can have them and live under tyranny, but that’s what it is.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Reminder:

Unvaccinated does not equal infected.

Treating normal, healthy people like they have the plague is wrong.

Reminder:

Both the unvaccinated and the fully vaccinated spread covid.

If you're that afraid of it, take precautions on your own and leave everyone else to do their own thing, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Deaths in SK by year.

It's not the "death parade" it's been made out to be.

Also, why are deaths higher AFTER the vaccine rollout?

sk.JPG

2 hours ago, myata said:

You cannot install a virtually fascist dictatorship indefinitely by the rationale of possibly saving some people from dying.

It is not a fascist dictatorship. That is pure American propoganda (sorry Bush-Cheney, not you). You are pretty cavalier with other people's lives. 

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Sure you do, and sometimes he's actually right, but then sometimes he's just being inflammatory and you'll eat it up regardless.  Harper was good at eviscerating his opponents in debates as well, but at least he understood that he had to win an election and that riling people like Zeitgeist up wasn't good enough.  

Do you see the problem with this comment?  Please tell me that you can see it.  

No hablo Español.  I think you know I’m using hyperbole, but I’m trying to illustrate how off the deep end politics has become in Canada.  We don’t accept middle ground anymore, let alone conservative or right wing.  I’m sure you attend all the same kinds of anti-Black racism sessions that I do.  I’m sure you say a two page land acknowledgment that takes up about a quarter of your meetings.  I’m sure that your hyper-educated urban friends, like just about everyone I know, say self-righteous pro-government things all the time, looking down on the unvaccinated, calling the Conservatives alt-right nut jobs, yada yada.  Frankly it’s all become so predictable and politically correct and phoney.

Why not give every politician and business leader a script to read?  It will sound like anything from Macron, Trudeau, Biden.  Lots of BS about equity and the environment as the public are crushed by carbon taxes and regulations up the wazoo, as our organizations become dysfunctional virtue purity contests, and our ability to defend our country or even feel proud of our country dissipates.  I’ve sung from that song sheet so long my ears are sore.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No hablo Español.  I think you know I’m using hyperbole, but I’m trying to illustrate how off the deep end politics has become in Canada.  

Of course I know you're using hyperbole.  It's not helpful though.  

We don’t accept middle ground anymore, let alone conservative or right wing.

Middle ground isn't for you to define.  It's a vague and evolving range falling between opposite ends of the existing political environment.  What was middle 30 years ago is 100% irrelevant to what is middle today.   

I’m sure you attend all the same kinds of anti-Black racism sessions that I do.  I’m sure you say a two page land acknowledgment that takes up about a quarter of your meetings.  I’m sure that your hyper-educated urban friends, like just about everyone I know, say self-righteous pro-government things all the time, looking down on the unvaccinated, calling the Conservatives alt-right nut jobs, yada yada.  Frankly it’s all become so predictable and politically correct and phoney.

Never comes up for me personally.  Sorry that my friends and I are educated?  ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Of course I know you're using hyperbole.  It's not helpful though.  

Middle ground isn't for you to define.  It's a vague and evolving range falling between opposite ends of the existing political environment.  What was middle 30 years ago is 100% irrelevant to what is middle today.   

Never comes up for me personally.  Sorry that my friends and I are educated?  ?

I’m educated too. My point is that I’ve been running with that same worldview for years: smear the Americans as military adventurists as Canada rides on their defence coattails, ask for more handouts from government for a population that increasingly can’t do or think for themselves, constantly try to outshine your peers in appearing to be progressive as you don’t associate with blue collar people.  That’s what our government and just about everyone in Canadian politics has become.  It’s gross and anyone who questions it is some kind of freak. It’s become a national embarrassment, the holier than thou hypocritical wokester.  Trudeau is the exemplar.  Yet we see how he describes the opposition and how he has treated some women in his party.  It’s ridiculous.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1