LakeHead Tragedies

Charles Anthony

Maybe it would help us if we went back to the original assertion: you felt that the police were likely to harm prisoners, approximately.

But if that happened, I assume it would be done in an unofficial capacity.  I am pretty sure that the municipality would not order abuse of prisoners.  So that leaves us with the prospect of officers abusing prisoners of their own accord, ie. Misconduct.

I don't see a lot of animosity between the police and this type of protester.  These are G20 green haired punks, they're more like traditional Canadians.

So I'm left trying to understand where your suspicion comes from.

You said something about police creating congestion, and me watching TV I think.  These things don't help me to understand.

59 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

If you don't see a problem...

In the typically weird pattern of discussion from people who support the Convoy wholeheartedly, I don't think this has come up in the thread so I'm not going to even comment.

If you wonder if I have a problem with something, why wouldn't you just ask me?

37 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Well, do you see a problem with putting people in jail w/o bail?

Generally, no.  In this case I do.  I don't know how the judge is so sure that they would reoffend.

The desire to make an example of these people is a kind of prejudice I think. And I don't think it will be good for Canada if they do that, given the comments I read on here.

You see I have learned a lot on here, by talking to people who have different views from me.

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Such an comparison assumes truckers are mass murderers.

It gets darker.  Such a comparison assumes that everybody -- yes, me and you too -- would sit idly by while Clifford Olson enjoys his freedom. 

The comparison is abhorrent on so many levels. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think that he would enjoy it a lot. 

Do you think he could afford to pay the full price of his own private protection services if mealy-mouthed godvernment-sycophants did not force the labor class to subsidize it through their taxes?? 

Just now, Charles Anthony said:

The comparison is abhorrent on so many levels. 

A unifying moment was smashed with jackboots and horses. 

Instead of getting his cowboy hat and coming down for one of his famous chats, he called good Canadians Nazis.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

False equivalency fallacy.

Did you do it on purpose? 

This was your question: "Well, do you see a problem with putting people in jail w/o bail?"

I answered you, both specifically with regard to Lich and King, and the general case.

There's no equivalency that I can see.  I was answering.

Should people be held without bail for protests? That one is impossible to answer generally, I think. Really depends on circumstances. If the people in jail now have said they were going to reoffend as soon as they were free, and the answer would be obvious.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge