Jagmeet Singh Sees Opportunity

betsy

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That's sad. Oh well...

Maybe you could just assume I'm lying and apply the reverse to what I said.  Doing that seems to cheer lots of conservatives up.

It's hilarious how you guys will discount anything and everything I say...just because...until I say something that confirms your bias. Then you practically carry me to the bank on your shoulders.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Maybe you could just assume I'm lying and apply the reverse to what I said.  Doing that seems to cheer lots of conservatives up.

It's hilarious how you guys will discount anything and everything I say...just because...until I say something that confirms your bias. Then you practically carry me to the bank on your shoulders.

projection is a helluva drug

13 hours ago, Kars said:

If we don't think words hurt just reading a comment like that out of context can be offensive, even if it is meant to show how illogical much of our thinking has become. Don't kid yourself Nazi Flags are a sign of hate and should never be tolerated.

Our media seems to be writing narratives instead of stating facts from both sides, creating bigger divides in our Country. Bigotry and racism of all sorts is wrong. Why is the Media not calling out our Leaders for their hate speeches.

Mr. Singh and Mr. Trudeau have both spewed hateful words over the last few months. All of us in our fustrstion forget to be kind and respectful, but they are our leaders and should be held accountable to the hateful words they are spewing.

I don't get offended by people who would fly a Nazi flag. I find it childish. So did the truckers, who asked the flag flyer to leave, if I'm not mistaken. By trying to link the truckers to a childish ass, his Nazi flag and his photographer, Singh, Trudeau and the rest of the tweenkie brigade, show just how easy it is for them to lie and forsake any notions of freedom they may have had.

You suggest this childish act is somehow so nasty that it should be forbidden. I ask why you would forsake the guiding principles of Canada?  Freedom of expression isn't some exclusive club. Nor does it have boundaries. If someone expresses a thought that you find offensive, don't look. But they have every right to express themselves and I will defend that right.

As for bigotry and racism, of course they are "wrong". They are also very much a human instinct which exist in every one of us. Some deal with their base instincts well...some do not. But make no mistake, any ideas of banning such instincts is...well it's as childish as those who fly Nazi flags.

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

If I'm not mistaken, you think that because a childish couple of dopes carried a Nazi flag to the protest for a photo op, that the truckers are associated with Nazism. An accusation that is as childish as the flag wavers.

You then go on to say such displays should be banned. That's a direct assault on Canada and her core principles. 

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

If I'm not mistaken, you think that because a childish couple of dopes carried a Nazi flag to the protest for a photo op, that the truckers are associated with Nazism. An accusation that is as childish as the flag wavers.

Yes, you're mistaken.  It was the Nazis who associated themselves with the truckers. The truckers lost control of their cause when the US closed the border to them, that left it open for others to pick up/hijack for their own purposes. 

You then go on to say such displays should be banned. That's a direct assault on Canada and her core principles.

I said that?  I doubt that, I think when conservatives defend the display of Nazi flags it damages conservative chances of being elected.  So please display and defend them all you want.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yes, you're mistaken.  It was the Nazis who associated themselves with the truckers. The truckers lost control of their cause when the US closed the border to them, that left it open for others to pick up/hijack for their own purposes. 

I said that?  I doubt that, I think when conservatives defend the display of Nazi flags it damages conservative chances of being elected.  So please display and defend them all you want.

Symantec's

I hope conservatives do defend it. It'll show which party has principles and which is inclined to not have any principles. 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:23 AM, betsy said:

The fact that they are able to wave them openly, is a symbol of freedom!

Does something have to mean anything for you to approve what is to be waved?  Lol! 

Don't you see the wrong in that kind of mentality?  It's dictatorial - like, you can control what people want to wave! Anything that doesn't meet your approval has to banned! 

I never said we should ban flag waving… wave a swastika if you’d like.  

But, pretending that it is a symbol of freedom to Canadians?  That’s a bit much.

On 2/17/2022 at 2:48 PM, TreeBeard said:

Do you think these are important Canadian symbols of freedom?

I could not really care one way or another, but do you think we need a ban on something that should be more or less self explanatory. And where do we draw the line, how about ban on all history books with Nazi's in them, or all books written by Nazi's, all Nazis' symbols, lets include anything Russian, or any bad guys erase it all... , or well you know where I'm going with this...

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

I could not really care one way or another, but do you think we need a ban on something that should be more or less self explanatory. And where do we draw the line, how about ban on all history books with Nazi's in them, or all books written by Nazi's, all Nazis' symbols, lets include anything Russian, or any bad guys erase it all... , or well you know where I'm going with this...

Not sure you actually read my post.   I never mentioned banning anything. 

24 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Not sure you actually read my post.   I never mentioned banning anything. 

Your 100 % right that was Betsy point, my bad, let me rephrase my question, why does these flags have to represent Canadian freedom, when clearly it does not...perhaps in their poor judgement they were using them to convey Justins government was acting like Nazi's... Seems to be a very common Canadian trait that when stuff gets a little difficult we tend to exaggerate to the extreme and compare actions here to the Nazi's , or call the convoy white racists that tortured Ottawa citizens...

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Your 100 % right that was Betsy point, my bad, let me rephrase my question, why does these flags have to represent Canadian freedom, when clearly it does not...perhaps in their poor judgement they were using them to convey Justins government was acting like Nazi's... Seems to be a very common Canadian trait that when stuff gets a little difficult we tend to exaggerate to the extreme and compare actions here to the Nazi's , or call the convoy white racists that tortured Ottawa citizens...

I don’t disagree.  Either way, the use of these flags does not help their cause with the general public.  It’s either ignorance or hyperbole…. Either way, a bad idea.

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I don’t disagree.  Either way, the use of these flags does not help their cause with the general public.  It’s either ignorance or hyperbole…. Either way, a bad idea.

No it did not help with any cause, but what made it worse was our leadership and media making a ski hill out of an ant hill...and have they caught these idiots yet, have they proven they are with the convoy or someone out to make the convoy look bad...cause they are yelling "score" right now...But we will probable never know...it has already been decided, with a guess. 

Every time grocery and gas prices go up - the rich CEOs running those companies get richer If we want to make life more affordable, we have to make them pay their fair share Let’s tackle the system built by Conservative and Liberal elites so it works for you, not the very rich

-Jagmeet Singh.

If a guy doesn't even know a basic accounting formula (profits=total revenue -total expense), how can we expect him to run a country?

Edited by West

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

No it did not help with any cause, but what made it worse was our leadership and media making a ski hill out of an ant hill...and have they caught these idiots yet, have they proven they are with the convoy or someone out to make the convoy look bad...cause they are yelling "score" right now...But we will probable never know...it has already been decided, with a guess. 

Now you’re getting into conspiracies…. There were many, many trucker blockaders with flags representing racist, and/or non-Canadian symbology.  

I guess you’re implying these are false flags because it suits your narrative?

8 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Now you’re getting into conspiracies…. There were many, many trucker blockaders with flags representing racist, and/or non-Canadian symbology.  

Many flags eh

11 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Yes.  Particularly, the Confederate flag.  Clearly an American symbol of the failed secessionist war used by the pro-slavery side.  

I found that particularly odd to see so many examples of flying at the blockade.  

Yeah I saw one guy in a video with a Confederate flag getting booed by the overwhelming majority of the crowd. 

Doubt he was a legitimate protester. Probably on Trudeau's payroll.

Edited by West

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you have a conspiracy about them actually being lefties?

Makes more sense than a group of Canadians showing up to protest with a flag from the southern US. 

Unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the truckers were a nazi takeover?

Edited by West

30 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Yes.  Particularly, the Confederate flag.  Clearly an American symbol of the failed secessionist war used by the pro-slavery side.  

I found that particularly odd to see so many examples of flying at the blockade.  

Do you have a photo of that?

The only confederate flag that I ever saw was the one that was held by the guy who was photographed with Trudeau's personal photographer. 

A photo of Adam Scotti making some propaganda: https://gettr.com/post/ps2edk82ff

This is just here because it's funny: https://torontosun.com/news/election-2021/trudeaus-photographer-posts-then-deletes-controversial-photos

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Am i suggesting a conspiracy ... you don;t think it is possiable or likely ? I'm suggesting it could be one option, either way it was not proven one way or another. atleast until they catch them right and found guilty in court...  There is always other groups ready to highjack someone else cause happened at G-20, BLM riots, roits after hockey games, etc...

I don't have a narrative, I am vaccinated but i am also for having a choice when it comes to injecting something into your body... and i do realize that most choices come with reasonable consequences... 

54 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Not that I'm a big fan of the confederate flag.. or any other flag .Maybe a failed attempt at secession, but was the war really about slaves?

So no one in the north was opposed to freeing the slaves ?, or no one in the north had slaves ? In fact some say the civil war was not about slaves at all. some also say the confederated flag is used to honor their war dead nothing more...

Emancipation Proclamation only applied to slaves in the confederacy, not to the union side...is that not strange...

19 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Not that I'm a big fan of the confederate flag.. or any other flag .Maybe a failed attempt at secession, but was the war really about slaves?

So no one in the north was opposed to freeing the slaves ?, or no one in the north had slaves ? In fact some say the civil war was not about slaves at all. some also say the confederated flag is used to honor their war dead nothing more...

Emancipation Proclamation only applied to slaves in the confederacy, not to the union side...is that not strange...

Not to mention the Confederates were left wing democrats.