The Answer to Covid is Freedom

I'd like to say is, when Covid first hit, there was no natural immunity. Yes it was a good idea to wear masks, and keep away from people who were caughing, but now were three years in and were still talking about manditory vaccines and airport restrictions. When are we going to let inviduals decide the risks that are appropriate for them? Why should we force 7 year old kids to wear masks and keep away from other kids, just because were worried that 1 in a million kids might die? 

What if we gave people who are immune compromised the resources to be extra careful, while the rest of us can get back to normal life and help fix this economy? The more restrictions we have the more we talk about covid, the more we're going to scare people from going to resturants, business, and other places that are critical to maintaining a healty economy and low unemployment.

So when someone says how dare you get infected, you might spread it to someone else, tell them this. Why can't the people who are most risk of getting covid hide in their own basements, so the rest of us can have a life? We could of left the resturants open, and used the tax revenue to provide food delivery services to the elderly who have poor immune systems. That way, those who at the most at risk could be protected, where the young people could keep their jobs.

When we have more freedom, we have more economic activity. When we have more economic activity, we have more taxes to pay for hospitals and treatments needed to keep the most vulnerable alive. A strong economy means better healthcare to protect citizens from all diseases.

Edited by TrudeauSucks

I basically agree. I would assume most Covid spread is asymptomatic. If you are vaccinated your chances of getting seriously ill are almost nil (gee with that line I could be a poet). People don't need lockdowns to keep them alive. As the Rascals said in their 1967 or 1968 hit "all the world over so easy to see, people everywhere just want to be free, listen to you listen that's the way it should be, peace in the valley people got to be free...."

On 2/15/2022 at 11:57 AM, TrudeauSucks said:

I'd like to say is, when Covid first hit, there was no natural immunity. Yes it was a good idea to wear masks, and keep away from people who were caughing, but now were three years in and were still talking about manditory vaccines and airport restrictions. When are we going to let inviduals decide the risks that are appropriate for them? Why should we force 7 year old kids to wear masks and keep away from other kids, just because were worried that 1 in a million kids might die? 

What if we gave people who are immune compromised the resources to be extra careful, while the rest of us can get back to normal life and help fix this economy? The more restrictions we have the more we talk about covid, the more we're going to scare people from going to resturants, business, and other places that are critical to maintaining a healty economy and low unemployment.

So when someone says how dare you get infected, you might spread it to someone else, tell them this. Why can't the people who are most risk of getting covid hide in their own basements, so the rest of us can have a life? We could of left the resturants open, and used the tax revenue to provide food delivery services to the elderly who have poor immune systems. That way, those who at the most at risk could be protected, where the young people could keep their jobs.

When we have more freedom, we have more economic activity. When we have more economic activity, we have more taxes to pay for hospitals and treatments needed to keep the most vulnerable alive. A strong economy means better healthcare to protect citizens from all diseases.

Kids can bring it home. My 8 year old grand daughter brought it home and her dad got it. Luckily she has had her first jab and her dad had his booster so their symptoms were mild.

Why should anyone have to hide in their basement because you don't want to wear a mask in public indoor places? Your idea of protecting people is locking them in their cellar and putting food outside their door. 

Dropping vaccine passports could indeed harm restaurants. Many vaccinated customers (the majority) might be less inclined to go our for dinner. Besides, if you fill a restaurant full of vaccinated and unvaccinated customers, who has the greatest risk of severe disease and death? Vaccine passports are protecting the unvaccinated by keeping them out of places they can become infected. It's only logical.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Kids can bring it home. My 8 year old grand daughter brought it home and her dad got it. Luckily she has had her first jab and her dad had his booster so their symptoms were mild.

Why should anyone have to hide in their basement because you don't want to wear a mask in public indoor places? Your idea of protecting people is locking them in their cellar and putting food outside their door. 

Dropping vaccine passports could indeed harm restaurants. Many vaccinated customers (the majority) might be less inclined to go our for dinner. Besides, if you fill a restaurant full of vaccinated and unvaccinated customers, who has the greatest risk of severe disease and death? Vaccine passports are protecting the unvaccinated by keeping them out of places they can become infected. It's only logical.

What a load of rubbish.  Omicron is mild cold or flu for most people who get it.  The boosted such as yourself are fine.  The creepy fascist passports must go.  Thankfully Ford and other premiers are dropping them.  The masks need to go too.  You need to stay in your basement to keep everyone else safe from your fascist tendencies.  Nothing to do with Covid.  Lol.  

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What a load of rubbish.  Omicron is mild cold or flu for most people who get it.  The boosted such as yourself are fine.  The creepy fascist passports must go.  Thankfully Ford and other premiers are dropping them.  The masks need to go too.  You need to stay in your basement to keep everyone else safe from your fascist tendencies.  Nothing to do with Covid.  Lol.  

I like BC's approach better, they are getting rid of almost all the restrictions other than keeping the mask and passport requirements. It allows businesses to get up and running  and almost  back to normal while still (hopefully)  reducing the spread. It's interesting that most restaurants want to keep the passports but are really pleased that the occupancy requirements and restrictions on socializing have been dropped. The last thing I (or they) want to see is a huge surge in hospitalizations and have  to go backwards. 

Of course a new variant could blow all that to smithereens.

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

I like BC's approach better, they are getting rid of almost all the restrictions other than keeping the mask and passport requirements. It allows businesses to get up and running  and almost  back to normal while still (hopefully)  reducing the spread. It's interesting that most restaurants want to keep the passports but are really pleased that the occupancy requirements and restrictions on socializing have been dropped. The last thing I (or they) want to see is a huge surge in hospitalizations and have  to go backwards. 

Of course a new variant could blow all that to smithereens.

Yeah BC is into fascism big time.  They’re left of Trudeau. I was surprised Quebec promised to remove the Soviet digital passports.  Quebec always makes radical moves. Now that Ontario is removing them, Trudeau is fundamentally undermined. Thank God!

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Haha 1