CTV & Global News are Pure Filth, CBC Needs to be Defunded

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ya gits wut ya pays fer.

In the meantime, I happen to love Canada for what it is promised to be. What our forefathers made it. "Our homeland strong and free." Not 'Our homeland till we disagree.'

The Canadian media is, by and large, full of shit.! We are paying these assholes to lie, make sick accusations about many of our people, and cheer on Pixie-Dust while he hides at his Mommy's place, tries to grant himself absolute control, and destroys the lives of countless good Canadians in the process. THAT'S our media and as far as I'm concerned, they need their public funding revoked completely until they begin reporting ALL the news, as it is. If they wanna offer an opinion, do it. But make clear it is an OPINION and stop presenting said opinions as facts. They are NOT.

This is what is meant by the phrase rabid bedwetting.

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And THIS is what is meant by enemy of the state.

Enemy of the state...me?

Well, the state has little to worry about from me today...I'm laid up with a bad back and can barely make it to the hot-tub. I doubt I could pick up a clip for an AK-47 never mind an AK-47. 

Edited by eyeball

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Enemy of the state...me?

Well, the state has little to worry about from me today...I'm laid up with a bad back and can barely make it to the hot-tub. I doubt I could pick up a clip for an AK-47 never mind an AK-47. 

Yes well...we weren't talking about guns. But nice try.

You want people to just sit back and watch on...with popcorn...while Justin and his merry band of jack-asses flat out break the bounds of the law and politics. While you and the media cheer them on and unquestioningly regurgitate the lies Justin and his cronies have spewed forth about blue collar Canada. While denying science and imposing unsupportable and illegal mandates.

You are an accomplice to this and as such...an enemy of the state.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You want people to just sit back and watch on...with popcorn...while Justin and his merry band of jack-asses flat out break the bounds of the law and politics. While you and the media cheer them on and unquestioningly regurgitate the lies Justin and his cronies have spewed forth about blue collar Canada. While denying science and imposing unsupportable and illegal mandates.

I should probably be crying in my beer over why it's so easy for Trudeau to stay in power but I can't because I'm laughing so hard even the popcorn is coming out my nose.

I feel like Muad'Dib or something, even the power of my written word makes you crap your pants. 

Edited by eyeball

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Official boy toys for the idiot in the clown suit.

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Meanwhile Republicans across the US continue to lose their minds over "Critical Race Theory" anytime anyone brings up anything in the school rooms about the idea of racism.  The rabid bedwetting over "wokeism" from Red States is comical considering they're literally passing legislation to ban discussing racism and things like that in their classroom.  You couldn't get a better example of thought-policing, but here you are pretending the Republicans are the reasonable ones.  

magawojak.jpg

Race doesn’t have any inherent meaning apart from what people ascribe to it.  You don’t seem to know much about Critical Race Theory, which is actually a broad category that means different things to different people.  What many Republicans and Democrats are concerned about is a particular viewpoint that runs counter to the idea of colour blindness.  It claims that colour blindness is a fake and impossible idea because everyone sees race and we should be discussing how different races are depicted in media and culture, how cultural differences are ignored, how people are privileged or victimized by their skin colour, and how systemic racism appears.  There’s value in the discussion if handled well.

However, not only is it easy to mishandle the conversation by making students self-conscious about race, it can easily degenerate into instilling notions of oppression and victimhood in kids based on their colour, thereby reinforcing or even encouraging a form of differentiated treatment by race.  It can turn into segregation.  Rather than stating that people are marginalized or live precariously for various reasons, race being one (though people of colour can be privileged), it tends to see the world and interactions through a lens of race.  We’re basically returning to defining people by their race.

Again, it’s all about context.  A good teacher with mature, confident students who are encouraged to see different sides of issues, are well-placed for such conversations. Also, what age do such conversations start?  When we see young kids of all backgrounds getting along well without evidence of oppression, do we really want to get into discussions of race except when talking about civil rights and the importance of equality?   It’s shaky.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Race doesn’t have any inherent meaning apart from what people ascribe to it.  You don’t seem to know much about Critical Race Theory, which is actually a broad category that means different things to different people.  What many Republicans and Democrats are concerned about is a particular viewpoint that runs counter to the idea of colour blindness.

I understand what Critical Race Theory is and that it really has nothing to do with what fear-mongering Republican lawmakers are wetting their beds over.  

My point is about how they're literally passing laws and they got orange-man to declare an executive order banning discussions about discrimination etc, or anything that caused people to feel "discomfort" around the subject at school.  The mind-blowing hypocrisy that's required for someone to complain about wokeism and censorship, and then turn around and call for a ban on discussions that make kids feel "discomfort" is indescribable.  

white fragilitys.jpg

Edited by Moonbox

I wonder if we'll ever learn why Sophie left Justin? Apparently the lack of a divorce is just to put on a face to Canada that all is fine at the PM's cottage.

Normally this might be news.

Maybe she supported a trucker.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I wonder if we'll ever learn why Sophie left Justin? Apparently the lack of a divorce is just to put on a face to Canada that all is fine at the PM's cottage.

Do you keep track of all the dumb stuff you say that turns out not to be true, or do you just sort of sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened? 

Just now, Moonbox said:

Do you keep track of all the dumb stuff you say that turns out not to be true, or do you just sort of sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened? 

It's a factor. Unstable marriages equal unstable people. Sorry that you'd rather it remain unheard....but I really do not care about your feelings that way.

Unstable people say unstable things.  

If you have any evidence to show there's trouble in paradise other than conspiracy trash sites, let's see them.  Otherwise this is just another example of you flinging poo on the wall and hoping something sticks.  

Just now, Moonbox said:

Unstable people say unstable things.  

If you have any evidence to show there's trouble in paradise other than conspiracy trash sites, let's see them.  Otherwise this is just another example of you flinging poo on the wall and hoping something sticks.  

I do not follow your orders.

Sure let's see if the rumors and bullshit you read about on telegram or conspiracy websites ever turn out real.  

When you fling enough shit at the wall, some of it invariably does end up sticking.  Nevermind that 99% of it is completely made up and eventually forgotten or proven false, as long as that ONE thing ends up true you can sit here and say:

"AHA!  We were right all alooong!"

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Sure let's see if the rumors and bullshit you read about on telegram or conspiracy websites ever turn out real.  

When you fling enough shit at the wall, some of it invariably does end up sticking.  Nevermind that 99% of it is completely made up and eventually forgotten or proven false, as long as that ONE thing ends up true you can sit here and say:

"AHA!  We were right all alooong!"

Oh dear. You're worried. 

Interesting.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I should probably be crying in my beer over why it's so easy for Trudeau to stay in power but I can't because I'm laughing so hard even the popcorn is coming out my nose.

I feel like Muad'Dib or something, even the power of my written word makes you crap your pants. 

What you should be doing is being Canadian. But I guess selling out is too easy.

Enjoy your popcorn...

49 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Like father like son?

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I understand what Critical Race Theory is and that it really has nothing to do with what fear-mongering Republican lawmakers are wetting their beds over.  

My point is about how they're literally passing laws and they got orange-man to declare an executive order banning discussions about discrimination etc, or anything that caused people to feel "discomfort" around the subject at school.  The mind-blowing hypocrisy that's required for someone to complain about wokeism and censorship, and then turn around and call for a ban on discussions that make kids feel "discomfort" is indescribable.  

white fragilitys.jpg

Your reference to DiAngelo says it all.  Imagine saying Black Fragility.  It’s pure racism to ascribe an attitude to people based on skin colour.  Read Ibrahim Kendi for more such chestnuts.  I’m with the Republicans against such racism.  

• Thanks 2

white fragilitys.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/critical-race-theory-is-doubly-racist-against-asians/ar-AAM9iqf

Enjoy...

The mind-blowing hypocrisy that's required for someone to complain about wokeism and censorship, and then turn around and call for a ban on discussions that make kids feel "discomfort" is indescribable.  

white fragilitys.jpg

It should really be called White Adult Fragility because its kid's parents who are behaving like horse's asses over this.  Maybe kindergarten should be at the end of a person's schooling. 

I recall the closing scene in a movie called Wild In the Streets where everyone over 30 is rounded up. LOL!  I'll leave it at that in case you haven't seen it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yes...PET & Maggie also separated. I think it's important if it more than mere rumor. My mind would certainly be on something else other than the job.

Good point. Maybe this is what's got li'l Mr. Muffin so cranky?