Referendum on Mandates?

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Mask do work , provided we are using the right ones. Even our own chief medical people have said so. 

What type of masks are most prevalent today, those paper blue ones or home made. It has been determined that the minimum protection required is N95 mask... but those masks are hard to get, and expensive, supply chain has not caught up. Most people are going through the motions, they are doing the minimum required, shit most people do not even use the hand wash stations any more just walk on by.    

According to many other well known and well respected doctors and scientists have said that masks do not work. So, who should I believe? Your doctors and scientists and the government or the others that I mentioned above? Just what proof do you really have that masks do work? Maybe if someone wore five masks at onetime it might stop the covid bug. ?

I refuse to wear a mask when I do not have too, and I do not worry about keeping my distance from others, nor do I wash my hands with some kind of soap when entering or leaving some place of business. And I certainly do not drive around in my car with the windows up and wearing a mask. Now that is being really paranoid at it's worse. Those people are nuts. ? 

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No you’re following the government-mandated script perfectly.  If the people don’t demand a return of their Charter protections, they will remain suspended indefinitely.  

Okay, but instead of that what if the people simply demanded that Canada abolishes the in-camera lobbying of politicians?

15 minutes ago, West said:

It's not going to happen. The international backlash would be swift. 

What I love about it all was that when the RCMP called up some towing truck outfits to come and tow some trucks away the towing companies replied with "we have covid" and cannot help you at this time. LOL. We now have Truckers, farmers and tow truck operators and millions of Canadians joining in the battle for their rights and freedoms to be restored. 

How about that "Gofundme" outfit who has refused to release the 10 million dollars that was donated to the truckers fund and cause. There is no doubt that Castro Trudeau had something to do with that. This communist federal government has to go. As long as communist dictator Trudeau is in control and running this country we will never see our freedoms and rights being restored. This is a battle for our right to live as a free people. All covid mandates and restrictions and Trudeau must go. Works well for me. ?

13 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Capital under siege?  I will grant you some hyperbole…. When there’s a siege by a small minority looking to take over governance from the democratically elected authorities, should the strategy be appeasement?

Not sure it is a small minority. It is a minority but not small who want to get rid of mandates. Based on recent poll about one in every three Canadian support the convoy and two-third oppose so that is about 10 million adults.

1 minute ago, taxme said:

What I love about it all was that when the RCMP called up some towing truck outfits to come and tow some trucks away the towing companies replied with "we have covid" and cannot help you at this time. LOL. We now have Truckers, farmers and tow truck operators and millions of Canadians joining in the battle for their rights and freedoms to be restored. 

How about that "Gofundme" outfit who has refused to release the 10 million dollars that was donated to the truckers fund and cause. There is no doubt that Castro Trudeau had something to do with that. This communist federal government has to go. As long as communist dictator Trudeau is in control and running this country we will never see our freedoms and rights being restored. This is a battle for our right to live as a free people. All covid mandates and restrictions and Trudeau must go. Works well for me. ?

The thing with politicians is they don't like getting their hands dirty so they get others to do their dirty work. 

What will probably happen now that there's backlash against governments is they'll pressure organizations like the Chamber of Commerce to self police masks etc. Government can say its not their rules while still applying pressure in behind the scenes. It's what Moe did in Sask until enough people ie the Saskatchewan Roughriders refused to do the Government's dirty work for them

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Thank the NDP.

It seems like everywhere in Canada today Marxists have pretty much taken control of all of our government and private institutions. Our politicians, our education system, our medical system, our media, and even our judicial system appears to be all linked up together to try and implement Marxism in Canada. All those mentioned above seems to be always in agreement with the likes of Castro Trudeau and his Marxist ilk.

I would dare to say that Canada is pretty much getting very close to becoming a Marxist country. This covid sacmdemic of a farce has allowed our dear so called Marxist political leaders to pretty much take most of our rights and freedoms away from us and even our own governments at all levels are now practicing discrimination against those who chose not to get vaccinated. No vaccine passport, no entry into a restaurant. I cannot even go for a swim at my local indoor swimming pool without being vaccinated. What kind of a country are we all living in today? A Marxist country by chance? ?

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sure but we have reasons to be concerned about what’s happening right now with government overreach.  

It's hard to believe that people like eyeball and others leftist liberals here are all in favor of a Canadian citizen needing a vaccine passport to be able to go eat in a restaurant and have dinner with family or friends.

In Austria, the government there will only allow those that are not vaccinated to be able to go to work or go buy groceries only. Otherwise, they must lock themselves down. I am surprised that some governments in Canada did not try and pull off this stunt yet. Lucky for we the  peasants, it may be too late for that now, thanks to those patriotic hero's called truckers. 

Go, truckers, go. Truck off, Trudeau. ?

19 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not sure it is a small minority. It is a minority but not small who want to get rid of mandates. Based on recent poll about one in every three Canadian support the convoy and two-third oppose so that is about 10 million adults.

Why am I being forced to wear a mask whenever I am entering a restaurant? I must wear a mask upon entry and keep wearing my mask until I am seated at my table. Once I am at my table I can now take my mask. No fear or worries here, folks. I cannot now spread the covid bug when I am sitting at my table with my mask off. LOL.

Can you explain to me as to where the common sense is in this silly nonsense rule? ?

26 minutes ago, West said:

The thing with politicians is they don't like getting their hands dirty so they get others to do their dirty work. 

What will probably happen now that there's backlash against governments is they'll pressure organizations like the Chamber of Commerce to self police masks etc. Government can say its not their rules while still applying pressure in behind the scenes. It's what Moe did in Sask until enough people ie the Saskatchewan Roughriders refused to do the Government's dirty work for them

If we have learned anything by now from all of this covid nonsense is that we must never believe our politicians or the media anymore. They both have ganged up on we the peasants for decades now. They have lied and scammed us all into believing that taking away most of our rights and freedoms from we the peasants that it was all in the name of THEIR science and not we the peasants science.

Our peasants science would have been that if those two buffoons mentioned above were not allowed to get away with and carry on with their scamdemic covid farce, and tried to make a big fuss over nothing, we would never have gone thru two years of hell and counting with all of this covid bullshit. It's now time to end this covid scamdemic farce once and for all.

All patriotic Canadians must stand with our truckers and our farmers. If we do not then it will be Marxist Trudeau that will win this battle. Gawd help us if Marxist Trudeau does win. His Marxist revenge will be swift and merciless. Just my opinion of course. ?

18 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why am I being forced to wear a mask whenever I am entering a restaurant? I must wear a mask upon entry and keep wearing my mask until I am seated at my table. Once I am at my table I can now take my mask. No fear or worries here, folks. I cannot now spread the covid bug when I am sitting at my table with my mask off. LOL.

Can you explain to me as to where the common sense is in this silly nonsense rule? ?

Yes the logic is very simple. As you enter or walk to your table it is likely that you may come in close distance of less than 2m determine by experts as safe distance for respiratory diseases. But once you sit down then your position is fixed not changing or dynamic and tables are set such that you are at least 2m away from closest table.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

"A group looking to take over governance" now look who is exaggerating now, camping out in front of parliament is hardly looking to take over the country, never mind laying siege to the capitol... That is what our media has been pushing " this is the end of times, there is no hope, the police can not do anything, we are helpless...call the army....

Did I say “taking over the country”?  

They are trying to dictate how the COVID response is handled, are they not?  

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Should we govern by polls now?  

Since when did Conservatives even believe what polls say?  

Edited by TreeBeard

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sure but we have reasons to be concerned about what’s happening right now with government overreach.

Well, I've been concerned with it for decades now and in virtually every case where people find themselves pitted against the government the lack of official transparency surrounds and attends it.

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Should we govern by polls now?  

Since when did Conservatives even believe what polls say?  

No that was why I asked  for a referendum.

I am not Conservative. I may have some right wing opinions on having a Private Health care or a need for return of Capital Punishment or a need to cut down on immigration and quality immigrants but I am Far from being a Conservative pr far far from being a PPC supporter.

13 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No that was why I asked  for a referendum.

I am not Conservative. I may have some right wing opinions on having a Private Health care or a need for return of Capital Punishment or a need to cut down on immigration and quality immigrants but I am Far from being a Conservative pr far far from being a PPC supporter.

I didn’t mean you specifically with my 2nd comment.  Apologies. I should’ve been more clear. 

Referenda on public health policy is a,poor idea. 
Why not ask if better masks should be mandated?   Why do a handful of truckers illegally protesting get to dictate policy direction?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

We need better masks.  Masks that actually work.  How the heck can so many people be still getting COVID if we're all masked everywhere we go.  Conclusion:  our crappy masks suck.

Absolutely, better masks that actually work would help the situation. However, it could be optional, most would voluntarily wear comfortable effective masks. 

It is quite odd that the thousands protesting without masks and some without vaccines who are in close contact with each other appear to be safe.  Theoretically, shouldn't most of these protesters be sick or dying due to COVID? 

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Scrap mask mandates immediately.  Most US states have. Make N95 masks available to those who want them.  I think most people won’t bother with them, but the vulnerable should have that option.  

I want to know why the heck its so hard to get a N95 mask.  Hasn't the government had 2 years to get these supplies?

And how come the N95's on amazon are so expensive and/or crappy Chinese knockoffs?

Why is my Costco only selling crappy non-medical masks that are about as useful as strapping a napkin to your face?

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I want to know why the heck its so hard to get a N95 mask.  Hasn't the government had 2 years to get these supplies?

And how come the N95's on amazon are so expensive and/or crappy Chinese knockoffs?

Why is my Costco only selling crappy non-medical masks that are about as useful as strapping a napkin to your face?

I have them in my organization, but thankfully they’re currently optional, because I don’t want to wear them.  They’re thicker and harder to breathe through.  I’ve been wearing masks daily at work for about 22 months.  Triple vaccinated, all meetings virtual, lockdowns and WFH, no meals with co-workers, families in a rut.  I want it all gone.  Whatever to Covid.  This is mass hysteria and my organization can’t give any of this nonsense up.  Governments refuse to wean us off the endless hair on fire crisis.  The only crisis I see is mandates and restrictions.  I don’t know anyone who is worried about Covid.  They’re all vaccinated and dressed like mummies.