What are the options to remove Justin Trudeau?

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I actually really liked the country with Harper in government and the NDP in opposition with Layton in charge.  A lot of great non-partisan committee work happened.  Jack was sincere, warm, hard-working, and really stood up for the little guy.  The Conservatives thought Jack could do no wrong and Harper joked that Flaherty liked Layton more than him.  I could see a similar arrangement down the road, but Singh has been too much like Trudeau.  He comes across as superior and unsullied by the workers he’s supposed to support.  Too elitist and into identity politics.  

nah i Hated harper   nothing but an A-hole all he cared about was  anything west of ontario  tried to raise old age to 67 on normal citizens  while mp's  get there pensions at 55 . One of the good things trudeau did was when he put it back to 65. Called atlantic canada  lazy pretty much with his culture of defeatism comments  So yea no Shock when he lost all 32 seats in 2015 there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

nah i Hated harper   nothing but an A-hole all he cared about was  anything west of ontario  tried to raise old age to 67 on normal citizens  while mp's  get there pensions at 55 . One of the good things trudeau did was when he put it back to 65. Called atlantic canada  lazy pretty much with his culture of defeatism comments  So yea no Shock when he lost all 32 seats in 2015 there.

There are plenty of hard working people in Atlantic Canada, Its the ones that have been on welfare for generations or collecting poggy becasue their work is seasonal...Those losers/leaches are whom give Atlantic Canada a bad name...

6 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Good point.  Trudeau started with high hopes.  Legal weed good too.  He’s done now.  We need full-on Republican just to save democracy against digital totalitarianism.  Zot network knows.   Interplanetary shit happening for realz.  Spiritual battle.  Sixth Extinction.  Humanity on the line.   Just hold the line on your God-given rights and freedoms.  

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Good point.  Trudeau started with high hopes.  Legal weed good too.  He’s done now.  We need full-on Republican just to save democracy against digital totalitarianism.  Zot network knows.   Interplanetary shit happening for realz.  Spiritual battle.  Sixth Extinction.  Humanity on the line.   Just hold the line on your God-given rights and freedoms.  

A full on republican is what  would start the end of democracy 

10 hours ago, Army Guy said:

There are plenty of hard working people in Atlantic Canada, Its the ones that have been on welfare for generations or collecting poggy becasue their work is seasonal...Those losers/leaches are whom give Atlantic Canada a bad name...

I don't believe in people on welfare for generations should be allowedhowever  There isn't  enough jobs for everyone so I Ain't going to attack people who draw Ei considering there atleast willing to work.

9 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

I don't believe in people on welfare for generations should be allowedhowever  There isn't  enough jobs for everyone so I Ain't going to attack people who draw Ei considering there atleast willing to work.

Entire households on welfare, sons, mother, grand mother, girl friends and tons of kids...all gaming the system. 

I don't know about where you live, but here in NB there are so many jobs available that pay well above min wage with benefits so jobs are not the problem. The problem is a lot of people are gaming the system, they all have their hands out...

Yes the are willing to work one part time (seasonal ) job anything else well why work when they have the weeks required to collect poggy and the government pays them to stay at home. welcome to NB main source of income. These people are what spoils it for those that truly need a hand up..

My next door neighbors daughters works 2 jobs so she can pay for her schooling, and yet some people are to damn lazy to chase those opportunities, and will suck on the government tits until someone finds out they are gaming the system...

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Entire households on welfare, sons, mother, grand mother, girl friends and tons of kids...all gaming the system. 

I don't know about where you live, but here in NB there are so many jobs available that pay well above min wage with benefits so jobs are not the problem. The problem is a lot of people are gaming the system, they all have their hands out...

Yes the are willing to work one part time (seasonal ) job anything else well why work when they have the weeks required to collect poggy and the government pays them to stay at home. welcome to NB main source of income. These people are what spoils it for those that truly need a hand up..

My next door neighbors daughters works 2 jobs so she can pay for her schooling, and yet some people are to damn lazy to chase those opportunities, and will suck on the government tits until someone finds out they are gaming the system...

Well when harper tried to make it harder for people on EI he lost all 32 seats in atlantic canada  and i Don't blame them lol. 

9 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Well when harper tried to make it harder for people on EI he lost all 32 seats in atlantic canada  and i Don't blame them lol. 

Come on, Atlantic Canada has a long record of being red federally, and blue provincially they voted liberal becasue Justin was handing out promises with federal tax payers money...nothing more... but thats how you get the lefts votes more social programs... like child care... 

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Come on, Atlantic Canada has a long record of being red federally, and blue provincially they voted liberal becasue Justin was handing out promises with federal tax payers money...nothing more... but thats how you get the lefts votes more social programs... like child care... 

nothing wrong with childcare programs with the prices of everything today

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

nothing wrong with childcare programs with the prices of everything today

No there is not , but at 9 bil for the first year and 3 to 4 bil every year after, is concerning, plus it is not for everyone , to qualify one has to make less than 36 k a year, and those spaces are limits and the number is very little less than 10 k in some provinces......everyone else pays full price... 

That funding could have gone into health care, education, infra structure with everyone benefiting,  

One day I was watching the meeting of the Canadian parliament. They are trying to make it similar to the meetings of the British parliament but they aren't as good at it. Better and more entertaining  though than reading your speeches from a paper with a dull monotonous voice which is how our parliament in Finland operates.

2 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Better and more entertaining

Please don't confuse entertainment for a functional democracy. There's no checks or controls over a majority or virtual (like now) government in Canada. They can pass any law and ignore any one. The law says rights are protected, and they violate the right to peaceful protest right in front of the parliament. The court will or may see it in some years. Then an apology, maybe. Don't confuse an inept parody for the real thing. It's not even funny.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:39 AM, Moonbox said:

We're not on the verge of hyperinflation, or even anything close to hyperinflation.  That term is a bogeyman word that 4dchan conspiracy clowns bandy around without understanding what it means or how it comes to be.  Explaining monetary policy to those folks is a lost cause though.  As far as they're concerned, the money-printing machines are just going brrrrrrrrrr! and that means that the $ is going to lose 50% of its value per year or...something.  

Well, since nearly EVERYTHING that I need to buy to stay in business is AT LEAST DOUBLED in price over the last 2 years, thus every dollar in my bank account has effectively been reduced to $0.50, I would say we already HAVE hyperinflation.

9 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Well, since nearly EVERYTHING that I need to buy to stay in business is AT LEAST DOUBLED in price over the last 2 years, thus every dollar in my bank account has effectively been reduced to $0.50, I would say we already HAVE hyperinflation.

So the input costs of YOUR specific business prove that we have economy-wide hyper-inflation?  No. 

Your supply costs didn't go up 50% because of inflation.  Sorry to say.  

The point remains.  Only a tiny fraction of that was attributable to actual inflation, if the claim is even true.  If it was specific than maybe it would be worth something.  If he's a construction/reno contractor and he wanted to talk about the cost of lumber throughout the pandemic, we could talk about why lumber prices skyrocketed, but little of that had anything to do with monetary policy.

Hyper-inflation is a bogeyman term that too many people have latched on to without having even a fundamental understanding of monetary policy.  

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

So the input costs of YOUR specific business prove that we have economy-wide hyper-inflation?  No. 

Your supply costs didn't go up 50% because of inflation.  Sorry to say.  

There are THOUSANDS of businesses just like mine.  We buy metals, petroleum products, compressed gasses, etc. and make things.  And we have to sell those things for twice as much to maintain any kind of sustainable business.   I am hardly unique.

ANY increase in ANYTHING within an economy is just that: INFLATIONARY.   Just because the half-wits trained as "economists" by banks tell you about the value of a basket of consumer goods that does not by any means represent the whole economy.  When prices go up, one of two things happens:  economic activity slows down or the money supply increase to match the increases in transaction prices = INFLATION.   We are particularly succeptable to screwey minimalization of inflation since we are tied at the waiste to the greenback - and when it inflates, central banks around the world have to jump in and buy USD to prevent their own dollar denominated instruments and forex trade receivables from tanking - thus reducing expressed inflation and bottling up massive inflationary pressure - that will one day explode.

7 minutes ago, cannuck said:

ANY increase in ANYTHING within an economy is just that: INFLATIONARY.   

Except that's not even remotely true.  Inflation is one cause among many that leads to rising prices.  

Just because the half-wits trained as "economists" by banks tell you about the value of a basket of consumer goods that does not by any means represent the whole economy.

Interesting that you say that, considering you just told us that your skyrocketing supply costs are an indication of hyperinflation in Canada.  ?  Interestingly my grocery bill has not risen in kind.  Hmm what's going on???

When prices go up, one of two things happens:  economic activity slows down or the money supply increase to match the increases in transaction prices = INFLATION.   We are particularly succeptable to screwey minimalization of inflation since we are tied at the waiste to the greenback - and when it inflates, central banks around the world have to jump in and buy USD to prevent their own dollar denominated instruments and forex trade receivables from tanking - thus reducing expressed inflation and bottling up massive inflationary pressure - that will one day explode.

I really don't think you want to have an economics discussion here.  Judging by what you're writing here, it won't go well for you.  

Edited by Moonbox

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Except that's not even remotely true.  Inflation is one cause among many that leads to rising prices.  

You have that exactly backwards.  Inflation is the measure and result of rising prices - as is increase in money supply (much of that due to speculative gain that inflates the money supply without creating any wealth).  It is a fairly complex subject, I will admit.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:55 PM, TreeBeard said:

Do you think it’s really important for a PM to have been a lawyer, or a businessman, or in the military or maybe a trucker before they became a parliamentarian?   

Past work experience is really important to you as a measure for PM?

No but a man...would have been nice.

On 2/5/2022 at 6:33 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is ridiculous. I didn't know Canada is a colony of United Kingdom that the Queen can override the will of Canadian people. If you are a Canadian wishing for foreigners to decide or dismiss your elected government shame on you. You are an insult to nationalist Canadians

Errr...isn't it the queen's representative, the Governor General who dissolves our government?