Erin O'Toole out

On 2/3/2022 at 1:10 PM, Faramir said:

It's a matter of the population, worldwide, shifting leftward.  Voters these days are far more leftist than say the 1980s.  The CPC only LOOKS conservative because anyone equivalent to Mitt Romney appears as conservative from their perspective.

Agreed.   As the world population explodes, it urbanizes.  Urban populations tend to be dependent populations, so they vote left.

This article from PostMillenial says Pierre Poilievre will announce that he will seek the leadership of the CPC.

BREAKING: Pierre Poilievre is officially running for Conservative leader | The Post Millennial

If he wins it should at least be an improvement over O'Toole but it remains to be seen if his stance on things like the carbon tax and gun control is different than O'Toole's.

15 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No sitting government of Canada is allowed to violate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  

And call every group that does not suit them "violent", "radical", "misinformed", "uncanadian" and the list goes on.

Whether it be a oil pipeline protest, old growth logging protest, gas pipeline protest, vaccination protests or defending ones's freedom.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cougar said:

And call every group that does not suit them "violent", "radical", "misinformed", "uncanadian" and the list goes on.

Whether it be a oil pipeline protest, old growth logging protest, gas pipeline protest, vaccination protests or defending ones's freedom.

Yes, they can.  

And they can use the term 'global elites' too, if they want.  Even if their own party was the one to open up free trade.

What are you going to do about it ?

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

I agree.  But you think they are decided on the whims of a trucker potest?  Why would I trust them with my rights?

Just a little trucker protest.  Your questions illustrate arrogance and a complete refusal to acknowledge the massive movement against mandates and restrictions across the country.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Just a little trucker protest.  Your questions illustrate arrogance and a complete refusal to acknowledge the massive movement against mandates and restrictions across the country.

New article on CBC titled "Should vaccine passports require 3 doses instead of 2? Experts weigh in"

The  comments section was closed after 250 comments once the most popular was:

"As a vaccinated person, vaccine passports should end immediately "

Then CBC somehow managed to add another 250 comments, to make it look like the article had 500+ comments before they shut commenting down.

I can tell you, this becomes a scary place to live in; it will turn into China before we know it.

12 minutes ago, cougar said:

What do YOU do about it?

Hardner be Hardnern'...

Last time I remember responding to your posts it was some batshit crazy thing about the Covid vaccine being worse than Covid...

Can you please remind me of our relationship on here... Were we friends at one point?  And if so, Why?  I honestly don't remember.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Can you please remind me of our relationship on here... Were we friends at one point?  And if so, Why?  I honestly don't remember.

Yes, we are always friends, except when you make infantile posts, and then start arguing your point.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Who said “little”?  Although, it’s a fringe minority, the protest itself is rather large and noisy, as far as those go.

But, again….  Why do they get to decide my rights?  

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Who said “little”?  Although, it’s a fringe minority, the protest itself is rather large and noisy, as far as those go.

But, again….  Why do they get to decide my rights?  

Ha ha, rights?   It doesn’t work that way. I’ve spent the last 10 or more days explaining, with many other posters, why it’s so critical to defend our Charter rights.  That’s what the protest is all about.  I may not agree with what you have to say but I’ll defend your right to say it.  I’m vaccinated but you have inalienable rights as a citizen of Canada that must not be removed, no matter whether you’re vaccinated or disagree with my point of view. Either we all have rights all the time (any suspensions require a very high burden of justification) or we don’t. You don’t get to remove rights from some Canadians but demand them for yourself.

Edited by Zeitgeist

23 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they are not decided by the whims of Truckers either

the Truckers just happen to be right about our rights being taken away

In your opinion?  

See, I don’t trust my rights to you either.  As crappy as “the system “ is, it’s all we got, unless mob rule is good with you?  If so, you may want to consider where you fall within the spectrum from noisy fringe to silent majority….

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

In your opinion?  

See, I don’t trust my rights to you either.  As crappy as “the system “ is, it’s all we got, unless mob rule is good with you?  If so, you may want to consider where you fall within the spectrum from noisy fringe to silent majority….

in the opinion of the Charter and anyone with basic reading comprehension skills who read it

the silent majority doesn't get to determine my rights

mob rule is good with you apparently

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Pierre Poilievre…. Work experience?  Eh, Conservatives?  

So far, if you rank 'real jobs' between the last 3 conservative leaders, O'Toole and Trudeau...

O'Toole wins as he was a corporate lawyer for a good amount of time
Followed by Trudeau
Then Scheer, then Harper and Poilievre who were just party wonks hatched from the conservative shell onto parliament hill.

And Trudeau was the 'working man' of all of them as he worked in a bar :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Here's a search to anyone who ever used the term "a real job" on here... plenty of conservatives like that term...

https://repolitics.com/forums/search/?&q="a real job"&page=2&quick=1&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

You are right. It is a criticism I heard a lot from my side about Trudeau, being he hasn't had a real job before getting into politics.

Now what about Poilievre?

15 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

in the opinion of the Charter and anyone with basic reading comprehension skills who read it

the silent majority doesn't get to determine my rights

mob rule is good with you apparently

From your reading skills, does the Charter say anything about gay marriage?  Answer: no.  

The Charter is something that is interpreted by courts and never meant to spell out every right in detail within the document.  To think otherwise is lacking a very basic understanding of what the Charter is and how it is used.

32 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Let's get a picture of Poilievre with his shirt off at any age ?

I think he's like Boss Baby - born in a suit...

Not manly like Trudeau.  Did you know he was a bouncer and boxer ?

main-qimg-e4cb1902670f80744cf2aab088d09c

So it's a crush.

• Haha 1