What do you call a person who won't wear a mask and wont get a Covid shot.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

ignoring community values..

IFR for seasonal flu is 0.1%

IFR for covid is 0.15%

Where were these "community values" before covid?  There were not restrictions, no lockdowns, no business/school closures, no forced flu shots, no segregating society, no masks, etc for the seasonal flu.

We are doing all this for 0.05% increase in IFR.

This makes sense to you?

• Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

This makes sense to you?

Fascism makes sense to a disturbing number of Canadians. But if we check our history, the Natives and Japanese in particular can tell us Canada is a hair's width away from locking people up at the best of times as well as the worst.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. Where were these "community values" before covid? 

2. There were not restrictions, no lockdowns, no business/school closures, no forced flu shots, no segregating society, no masks, etc for the seasonal flu.

3. We are doing all this for 0.05% increase in IFR.  This makes sense to you?

1. They were there.  
2. What is this nonsense ?  You would expect all of this without a pandemic ?
3. What is IFR ?  Tens of thousands dead so yes a response makes sense.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. They were there.  
2. What is this nonsense ?  You would expect all of this without a pandemic ?
3. What is IFR ?  Tens of thousands dead so yes a response makes sense.

IFR = Infection Fatality Rate.

The percentage of people who die after infection.

The IFR for covid is 0.05% higher than the seasonal flu and the same people are more at risk - the elderly, the obese and those with serious comorbidities.

These are the risks for each age group:  

0-19 - 0.0027%

20-29 - 0.014%

30-39 - 0.031%

40-49 - 0.082%

50-59 - 0.27%

60-69 - 0.59%

70+ - 2.4%

The fear mongering  and hysteria hyped by government and media has got to stop.

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. IFR = Infection Fatality Rate.

2. The fear mongering  and hysteria hyped by government and media has got to stop.

1. Ok.
2. Like I say 10,000s dead.  A response is more than called for it's required.  If you are feeling fear then deal with that.  I use information to make decisions, whether or not it spooks me is a side matter.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok.
2. Like I say 10,000s dead.  A response is more than called for it's required.  If you are feeling fear then deal with that.  I use information to make decisions, whether or not it spooks me is a side matter.

5.5 million out of 7.8 billion.  In 2 years.  And we know those "covid" deaths have been inflated in every country due to the way they count covid deaths.

And before you accuse me of not caring that 5 million people died, I do care.

I also care about the billions of people who are experiencing the collateral damage of our over-the-top response to something that is marginally more deadly than the seasonal flu.

The seasonal flu kills between 300,000 and 600,000 per year - the top end if it is an especially bad flu season.

50 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. 5.5 million out of 7.8 billion.  In 2 years.   

2. And before you accuse me of not caring that 5 million people died, I do care.

3. I also care about the billions of people who are experiencing the collateral damage of our over-the-top response to something that is marginally more deadly than the seasonal flu.

4. The seasonal flu kills between 300,000 and 600,000 per year - the top end if it is an especially bad flu season.

1. Yes
2. But you don't want to do anything ?  Do you know that the USA embarked on a 20-year war over an attack that caused around 3,000 deaths ?  
3. I disagree that it's over the top.
4. by a factor of 10 ?  

I think we can just disagree on this - you aren't teaching me anything new and I just disagree with you.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Goddess said:

5.5 million out of 7.8 billion.  In 2 years.  And we know those "covid" deaths have been inflated in every country due to the way they count covid deaths.

And before you accuse me of not caring that 5 million people died, I do care.

I also care about the billions of people who are experiencing the collateral damage of our over-the-top response to something that is marginally more deadly than the seasonal flu.

The seasonal flu kills between 300,000 and 600,000 per year - the top end if it is an especially bad flu season.

Funny how 10's of thousands of deaths in Canada, and  100's of thousands in the States is "barely perceptible", but a couple hundred trucks in a convoy is huge.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jbander1A said:

Its a question, what do you call this type of person who is a constant threat to their neighbors and community, a threat to your family and friends and is willing to sacrifice their own children to the God of their Ignorance.

Dave?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes
2. But you don't want to do anything ?  Do you know that the USA embarked on a 20-year war over an attack that caused around 3,000 deaths ?  
3. I disagree that it's over the top.
4. by a factor of 10 ?  

I think we can just disagree on this - you aren't teaching me anything new and I just disagree with you.

One of two things must be true then.

1. You would like the country to experience this sort of lockdown, masking and flu shot mandates every year for about 4 months.

or

2. You're unable to accept a new virus that has the same effect on our population as does the common flu.

Either way, you can't realistically expect the population to fly into panic mode every year. Nor can you expect them to panic perpetually. Especially when we know the stats just don't support such nonsense, considering our current toleration to...the common flu.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

2. You're unable to accept a new virus that has the same effect on our population as does the common flu.

It doesn't  yet  have the same effect on the population as the common flu, but it's headed in that direction.

And, there are more possibilities than you allow for in your post; allowing only two choices is an error in your thinking.

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It doesn't  yet  have the same effect on the population as the common flu, but it's headed in that direction.

And, there are more possibilities than you allow for in your post; allowing only two choices is an error in your thinking.

Its headed that way because the death rate of Omicron is statistically zero. And I understand this B2 variant we're hearing of is even weaker.

If there's another choice...please...let me know. I mean, Mike could just be acting the part of a partisan but...I don't sense that in his writings. More I sense he's unable to, or unwilling to, question the institutional forces like government and media.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Its headed that way because the death rate of Omicron is statistically zero. And I understand this B2 variant we're hearing of is even weaker.

If there's another choice...please...let me know. I mean, Mike could just be acting the part of a partisan but...I don't sense that in his writings. More I sense he's unable to, or unwilling to, question the institutional forces like government and media.

Remember, to some people, this is the best of times. They actually like all this bossing around.

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I call them an anti-vaxxer. 

Why? Is there a vaccine now?

vac·cine
/vakˈsēn/

noun

1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases,

Vaccines give immunity. The covid shots do not give immunity. Therefor the covid shots are not 'vaccines'.

Over a thousand dead bodies in Canada are a testament to that fact.

If they protest, then they're contradicting the principle that the individual gets to decide for themselves how things should be, ignoring community values...

Here are community values for you. If you don't want to take a medication that's known to be harmful and even fatal, which doesn't provide you immunity to a disease which likely won't harm you, you shouldn't have to.

It's one of two things: 

1) Either the vaccines work, and the vaccinated aren't at risk from the unvaccinated, or

2) The vaccines don't work, so forcing people to take the vaccines isn't beneficial or useful.  

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

1.  Its headed that way because the death rate of Omicron is statistically zero. And I understand this B2 variant we're hearing of is even weaker.

2.  If there's another choice...please...let me know. I mean,

3.  Mike could just be acting the part of a partisan but...I don't sense that in his writings. More I sense he's unable to, or unwilling to, question the institutional forces like government and media.

1. Exactly.

2. Perhaps he dislikes the restrictions, mask wearing and shots as much as anyone, but considers these things to be best for the community.  And before you go on about how he's a sheeple who believes whatever the media feeds him, that could also be said of everyone on this site who follows and believes all the media that isn't the MSM.

3.  Michael  is probably the most level-headed posters on here, one who'll acknowledge other's good points, agree where he thinks there's agreement and admit he's wrong.  To call him a partisan means you have no idea what he's about.

Edited by dialamah
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jbander1A said:

willing to sacrifice their own children to the God of their Ignorance.

Only the very stupidest people among us believe what you're saying, so, are you a liar or an idiot? 

FYI only 27 people under 20 years old died of covid since the very beginning, back in Jan of 2020. That's 27 out of about 10,000,000 (over two years, so only 14 per year). https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/ FYI 5 out of every 100,000 Canadians die in car accidents every year. That's 500 people per 10M people PER YEAR (10M is the approximate number of kids in Canada). 80 x as many as covid. 

Do you think that people should stop allowing kids to go in cars?

Do you really want to give all 10M kids the experimental vaccine, even while knowing that the vaccines cause myocarditis? Do you know how dangerous myocarditis is? Do you know that in about 20% of cases it isn't successfully treated? 

Life is about risk management. Rolling the dice on a 27/10,000,000 chance isn't ideal, but neither is rolling the dice on myocarditis and all of the other long-term side effects that we don't even know about yet

If you want to take the experimental jab to reduce your chance of dying from 14 out of 10,000,000 to 5[?] out of 10,000,000 go for it.  

• Like 1

What do you call a person who insists that Trump's covid shot is a vaccine? 

What do you call a person who insists that the covid shot is necessary to save the lives of children? 

What do you call a person who has made declarative statements about covid every day for the past two years and still only has a rudimentary understanding of all the main talking points? 

What do you call a person who insists that the covid shot is perfectly safe? 

What do you call an octogenarian who insists that children should take a chance with the vaccine just on the off chance that it helps prevent them from getting covid? 

FYI your best chance to avoid covid is to think before you vote for people like Cuomo, Pelosi, DeBlasio, Trudeau etc who do literally everything wrong regarding covid.

Pelosi: "Hug covid out!"

DeBlasio: "Riding the subway like normal is the best thing to do!"

Cuomo: "Throw covid-positive people back into the raisin ranch!"

Trudeau: "Let infected people fly to Canada and walk around freely until we're saturated with covid, then force Canadians to get vaccine passports!"

You'd think that by now, with the benefit of hindsight, leftists would enough to keep their mouths shut and make us all guess how stupid they are, but nope. Still yakkin'. Still exposing their abject stupidity. They literally never learn.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dialamah said:

3.  Michael  is probably the most level-headed posters on here, 

Using the term "anti-vaxxer" is the exact opposite of 'level-headed' and 'non-partisan'. 

Anti-vaxxer applies to people who refuse to vaccinate their children, using vaccines that have been proven to be safe after millions of doses over several decades, and which give as much as 100% immunity to diseases which are still around and could still gravely injure them or even kill them.

Being an anti-vaxxer is to be a denier of proven science.

That terminology doesn't apply in this instance at all, any more than the terms racist and misogynist apply here. To use the word anti-vaxer is to be a bigot, of course using the other words is plainly retarded. 

This covid shot doesn't stop people from dying and it doesn't stop them from passing on the disease. Period. All that it is known to do is to greatly lessen the severity of the disease among people who got the original variant, to somewhat lessen the severity of the disease among people who got the delta variant, and to negligibly lessen the severity of the disease among people who get the omicron variant.

And there are extremely serious, well-documented side effects of the vaccines. 

I've still yet to see a single person anywhere, at any time, on TV or in person, make even a mildly compelling case for vaccinating children. When people talk about vaccinating kids they use innuendo about how dangerous covid might be to them, and they imply that taking the drug is safer than not taking the drug (they never attempt to quantify that), and they completely ignore the cases of myocarditis and the fact that there could be long-term side effects which were not even aware of yet. 

Can you direct me to a site or an article that makes a reasonable case for vaccinating children, while taking into account paediatric covid stats and myocarditis stats? 

Do you have a stat that says that more than 27 kids have died of covid in Canada since the beginning of time?. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. This covid shot doesn't stop people from dying and it doesn't stop them from passing on the disease. Period. 

1. I'll stop you right there.  You could also make that claim if it reduced mortality and spread by 99%.

So, yeah, you are very much in favour of slanting all of your communication so that it appears that the vaccines are a detriment.  You are doing this because you are anti-vaccine.  Or anti-vaxx for short.

If you resent my use of the term, rest assured that I resent you promoting disease that does more harm to my family than a few words that hurt your old feelings.  

Sorry chum, you are anti-vaxx.  Please see the manager if you are offended...

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'll stop you right there.  You could also make that claim if it reduced mortality and spread by 99%.

I'll stop you right there, I made that claim because it was reasonable and accurate. You if-dog-rabbit comment was a mix of fantasy and intentional bullshit.

So, yeah, you are very much in favour of slanting all of your communication so that it appears that the vaccines are a detriment. 

I never tried to make the case that the jabs are detrimental at all, so don't put words in my mouth. 

My communications aren't slanted either, you just don't recognize honesty when you see it anymore because you're only accustomed to seeing bullshit.

The sad fact is that people who take the covid jabs still die, a lot, and you can't even deny that. You won't try to make an actual case. You just lie and smear. 

You are doing this because you are anti-vaccine.  Or anti-vaxx for short.

I am telling the truth because the truth is important. 

Vaccines are extremely important.

There just isn't a 'covid vaccine' yet. 

If you resent my use of the term,

I resent your bigotry and lies, yes, 100%. 

rest assured that I resent you promoting disease that does more harm to my family than a few words that hurt your old feelings.  

Rest assured that I'm not going to give my child a shot which is 100% known to have some very dangerous side effects just in hopes that it lessens the chances of some octogenarian in your family from getting covid.

If the jab was even safe, that would be one thing, but it's absolutely not safe and I know 3 young people who suffered greatly from vaxing. I don't need to know a 4th. You and your family can literally go to hell for all I care - I don't take medicine to suit your misinformed fancies. 

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. I'll stop you right there, I made that claim because it was reasonable and accurate.  

2. I never tried to make the case that the jabs are detrimental at all, so don't put words in my mouth.  My communications aren't slanted either, you just don't recognize honesty when you see it...

3. The sad fact is that people who take the covid jabs still die, a lot, and you can't even deny that. You won't try to make an actual case. You just lie and smear. 

4. I am telling the truth because the truth is important. 

5. Vaccines are extremely important.  There just isn't a 'covid vaccine' yet.  

6. If the jab was even safe, that would be one thing, but it's absolutely not safe  

1.  You don't believe in Climate Science, so why would you believe in medical science ?
2. You implied that they make no difference and I pointed that out.  If you said "Wearing a seat belt doesn't protect you 100% from car accident fatalities" what point would you be trying to make ?
3. So ?  Why bring it up if vaccines improve your protection - which they do ?
4. You are telling half truths and selling snake oil...
5.  Snake oil
6.  Snake oil

Your mistrust of medicine will not end well for you.