Should We Tolerate the growing rise of communism in Canada?

West

40 minutes ago, Winston said:

You have your answer. This topic has been covered for about a year on this forum, there are tons of examples where people agree and disagree with certain positions. Ultimately it does not matter what we think, especially when none of us are in positions to change the country. (maybe I am wrong)

In my opinion, Covid is just a distraction. Inflation, economic damage, disparity of wealth, disparity of power, university brain drain and the collapse of western society is more concerning.   

People who violate the charter while in office should be held criminally liable. Would prevent alot of the human rights abuses we are seeing today

39 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah but c'mon it's been collapsing for at least 15 solid unbroken years now.  Can't we just get it over with it so we can leave it behind us and move on?

This is getting boring.,

A billion on a vaccine passport system. None to improve the quality of care in long term care or hospitals. 

Who's created the crisis here? 

28 minutes ago, West said:

People who violate the charter while in office should be held criminally liable. Would prevent alot of the human rights abuses we are seeing today

Even if covid goes the way of "violation of charter", they wont be held criminally liable, because that is not how the system operates. Yes, some random doctor somewhere, responsible for some informative task will be held criminally liable for the decisions, but not the actual responsible individuals. I do not know what your expecting? 

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

Even if covid goes the way of "violation of charter", they wont be held criminally liable, because that is not how the system operates. Yes, some random doctor somewhere, responsible for some informative task will be held criminally liable for the decisions, but not the actual responsible individuals. I do not know what your expecting? 

Which is ridiculous. This nonsense with the vaccine passport is unCanadian and anyone pushing it should turn in their real passport as they belong in China.

4 hours ago, West said:

Okay but at this point both the vaxxed and unvaxxed are spreading covid. Just last week the triple vaxxed premier of Saskatchewan who was talking tough about the unvaxxed was up in La Loche giving the community Covid. Now what's the point in saying that a POSITIVE Scott Moe can show his vaccine ID to dine in at a restaurant but a vaccine free person must eat outside? No logic. 

We also know the risk to certain parts of the population is low. For example, an unvaxxed 20 year old who's healthy is at less risk than a triple vaxxed 60 year old. Why are we demanding that 20 year old take a risk of myocarditis? Why is that risk fine but the unlikely risk of hospitalization due to covid isn't?

Now I agree there are LIMITED reasons to restrict mobility, such as a known positive person refusing to isolate. However, the vast majority of people SHOULD NOT be locked down. There are significant impacts for that as well such as economic losses, mental health etc whether you choose to accept that or not. 

"Okay but at this point both the vaxxed and unvaxxed are spreading covid."

As in equally?  No, just stop.

Then go find an earlier vaccine which had 100% efficacy.  I'll wait.

You've yet to cite any of the rubbish you spew as fact.

1 hour ago, West said:

A billion on a vaccine passport system. None to improve the quality of care in long term care or hospitals. 

Who's created the crisis here? 

There'll be lots of blame to go around alright but the worst part of COVID bar none is having been forced to accommodate people who've regarded health measures as the coming of the Red Dawn.

It's been like a fucking incessant high-pitched screeching that gets under your skin since day 1.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Winston said:

I would think that is more fascism or totalitarianism than communism, assuming were using the same definitions.

However, I do agree with your premise that forced "consent" is not consent by choice. 

We all have choices to make, perhaps you are trying to say the unvaccinated want choices without consequences, which we have never had in this country, your free to speed on any road you want, the consequences are you'll get a ticket or go to jail, don't get the jab and there is consequences  put in place, you can get it or live with the consequences those are the choices everyone gets... yo don't have to like them but they are choices...

When the choices totally restrict basic freedoms or go beyond that like making unvaccinated pay medical fees or higher taxes, rounding them up putting them in jail or camps or any of the other retarded things that have been suggested then i'm on your side...but nobody gets it both ways...

1 hour ago, H B Lowrey said:

"Okay but at this point both the vaxxed and unvaxxed are spreading covid."

As in equally?  No, just stop.

Then go find an earlier vaccine which had 100% efficacy.  I'll wait.

You've yet to cite any of the rubbish you spew as fact.

Getting the vaccination does not mean your not getting covid, it means your chances of dying from covid is much less. So yes everyone can get it and yes everyone can spread it....

and we were told in the early stages those shots had 90% or greater efficacy and 2 shots and you be good, , and they also said they were  safe...It seems we were either misled or the research was not 100 % accurate. 

47 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Getting the vaccination does not mean your not getting covid, it means your chances of dying from covid is much less. So yes everyone can get it and yes everyone can spread it....

and we were told in the early stages those shots had 90% or greater efficacy and 2 shots and you be good, , and they also said they were  safe...It seems we were either misled or the research was not 100 % accurate. 

No, not everyone, that's bullshit and you've just indicated that you refuse to read and grasp the primary peer-reviewed research.  It (vaccination) also retards the spreading thereof.  Fool proof?  No.  Who ever told you that?  And why were you sucked into that mindfuck?  What happened was, as with now, you are relying upon someone else to do your due diligence.  The media?  And as anyone who even remotely understands how the scientific method works knows, we (well some of us) are learning about a NOVEL, EMERGING retroviral pandemic in real time, which is lag time.  And so long as we endeavor to keep COVID alive, each new variant spun off will be a new beast with its own learning curve.

I know what the US military has decided on this "issue" Army Guy.  What has the Canadian military decided?

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

When the choices totally restrict basic freedoms or go beyond that like making unvaccinated pay medical fees or higher taxes, rounding them up putting them in jail or camps or any of the other retarded things that have been suggested then i'm on your side...but nobody gets it both ways...

The fundamental question comes down to, is the threat of force or the death used to demand compliance? If yes, then any idea of personal "choice" is removed, it is an instinctual behavior, not free will choice. 

13 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

No, not everyone, that's bullshit and you've just indicated that you refuse to read and grasp the primary peer-reviewed research.  It (vaccination) also retards the spreading thereof.  Fool proof?  No.  Who ever told you that?  And why were you sucked into that mindfuck?  What happened was, as with now, you are relying upon someone else to do your due diligence.  The media?  And as anyone who even remotely understands how the scientific method works knows, we (well some of us) are learning about a NOVEL, EMERGING retroviral pandemic in real time, which is lag time.  And so long as we endeavor to keep COVID alive, each new variant spun off will be a new beast with its own learning curve.

I know what the US military has decided on this "issue" Army Guy.  What has the Canadian military decided?

Joe Biden in the recent past has said vaccines are foolproof.

AP FACT CHECK: Biden goes too far in assurances on vaccines (yahoo.com)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 6:07 PM, West said:

If someone has violated the Charter, isn’t the remedy for this the courts?  

Or are you just going to tell us that the courts are corrupt too?

I guess the only thing left for you is to lead a violent revolution.  Let us know how that goes, ok?

• Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 4:37 PM, West said:

Multinational Corps are being used to circumvent the Charter and impose sick new policy on society such as vaccine ID. Your employer is trying to take on the role of your doctor which is messed in and of itself. 

Add to that corporations are making their employees pledge allegiance to woke ideology through "diversity training" and other nonsense like that. 

A marriage between sick politician, business and institutions such as university holding those who don't bow at their feet hostage.

This is a description of Fascism.

Solution: Taking imposing governments, businesses and institutions to court over specific civil liberties violations generates electoral support for freedom and the visibility of new leaders capable of defending civil liberties.

Edited by 500channelsurfer

On 1/22/2022 at 1:37 PM, West said:

Should we tolerate these sick politicians like Trudeau and others? 

Lack of tolerance is becoming a huge problem in this country over the past few years. That's not just my opinion, it's evidenced in the vax-Nazi sentiments here and the PM's paranoid, hate mongering rants.

Ever since 2015 western separation and Quebec separation have become actual issues, and now vaccine mandates have become a rigid, government-enforced version of intolerance as well.

If things don't start getting better soon we're going to start seeing a lot of un-Canadian things happening. 

Edited by WestCanMan

14 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I guess the only thing left for you is to lead a violent revolution.  Let us know how that goes, ok?

That threat is taken so frivolously by police that their response is to let the demonstration take place and wait for them to leave.  See Ottawa or Coutts Alberta.  

The people, I find, who believe violent revolution is at hand tend to be older men who don't have a wide perspective on changes that are happening today, and feel threatened.  They expect others are as upset as they are, but we are just getting on with our lives.