Another test for O Toole. What happened in the election ?

51 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

God didn't leave

we are simply not dolls

the existence of evil is not proof of God's absence

So i am simply going to have to take your word on it ? That almighty God was there but just choose to watch that day...... Not saying my experience is as bad as those that faced NAZI concentration  camps, but do you think god was in those places...

5 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

So i am simply going to have to take your word on it ? That almighty God was there but just choose to watch that day...... Not saying my experience is as bad as those that faced NAZI concentration  camps, but do you think god was in those places...

absolutely

God didn't stop Jesus from being crucified either

doesn't mean he wasn't there

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

absolutely

God didn't stop Jesus from being crucified either

doesn't mean he wasn't there

your not very convincing...and you don't have to be, your free to believe in what ever you want...as i am

Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole crucifixion thing was God's idea to pay for mans sins, he sacrificed his son.....I guess all those innocent people that lives were taken in war were to pay for what exactly.. and if he is just hanging around watching and not doing anything, what is the point of the whole religious thing...

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

your not very convincing...and you don't have to be, your free to believe in what ever you want...as i am

Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole crucifixion thing was God's idea to pay for mans sins, he sacrificed his son.....I guess all those innocent people that lives were taken in war were to pay for what exactly.. and if he is just hanging around watching and not doing anything, what is the point of the whole religious thing...

men aren't dolls

they have free will

including the free will to do evil

what is the point of doing good, if you are forced to do it by divine intervention?

it only means something if you choose to do it, and you could make another choice

45 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes, I think if liberals and NDP had their way, we would have no military at all and Canada would become part of China.  Almost all countries in the world have armed forces.  

As much as i really don't like the left, it was the conservative Government that cut Vets benefits, they also slashed the military budget to leave a surplus for the liberals... all parties have their finger prints all over todays military state of affairs.

For some reason Canadians are afraid of the military, they just don't want anything to do with it...they are fully aware of its poor condition, and have done nothing... it is very telling... 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

My perspective is based on the Bible teaching that man has a soul and a spirit and the soul does not die when man dies.  

Let's not forget we also are living in a corrupt, fallen world where there are innocent people who lost their lives in war, pandemics, cancer, etc.  Death is a central feature of this fallen world.

But this website explains more about why God allows death.

"First, death is a result of sin. Death was never a part of God’s plan for His creation. We live in a fallen world, and Paul reminds us in Romans 5:12 that the byproduct of sin in the world is death. But the good news is there is hope beyond the grave. The sickness that leads to death in the world will not always be here.

Second, sometimes the reason for death is to focus our hope on heaven. Death has a way of keeping us from putting our hope in this world. There is perhaps no greater object lesson than a funeral to remind us how brief our time on earth is. And many times, one reason for death is to remind us that this world is not all that there is, that something better awaits us. God allows death to remind us to fix our hope on heaven.

Third, God allows us to experience grief so we can comfort others. When we understand that we are here to minister to other people, we have a new perspective on the problems we go through, including the loss of a loved one. Paul says that God “comforts us in all our affliction so that we might be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” (2 Corinthians 1:4)."  The rest of this article is at this website:

Why Does God Allow Death? - Pathway to Victory (ptv.org)

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

What do we expect when Canada brings in millions of third world immigrants without any Judeo-Christian beliefs or culture and destroys our civilization created by our European founding fathers.

The first Nations had the same problem with all these Europeans coming in, stealing everything and imposing their wierd foreign religion on them.

31 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The first Nations had the same problem with all these Europeans coming in, stealing everything and imposing their wierd foreign religion on them.

No. The Europeans brought civilization to the aboriginals. Never stole anything.  Created jobs over a hundred years ago, set up fish canneries on the coast, started logging and sawmills, brought tools and knowledge to them, built homes out of lumber, brought all the conveniences of a civilized society, brought justice systems, education, medical care, etc. etc. and of course brought the gospel.  Also brought democracy and later human rights.  Now they use the courts to claim billions of dollars that government is forced to pay them.  People migrated into every place on earth and nobody was forced to pay compensation to anybody that live there before.  Only in brainless Canada.

Edited by blackbird

39 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

the religion was adopted willingly

not forced on them

in the vast majority of cases

Christianity sells

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Some missionaries would have taught them about the true God of the Bible versus the false gods some aboriginals were worshiping.  Most Canadians do not understand this because Canada is largely a heathen country today.  That is why I say Canada is becoming more like a third world country, a natural result of mass immigration from heathen nations.

Concerning north American aboriginal beliefs:

"Great Spirit and Worldviews

Many Indigenous peoples subscribe to the idea of a Creator, Great Spirit or Great Mystery — a power or being that has created the world and everything in it. These beings are often described as good or well-intentioned, though dangerous if treated carelessly or with disrespect.

Great spiritual power is also found in the spirits of all living things, natural phenomena and ritually significant places. In general, supernatural mystery or power is called Orenda by the Haudenosaunee, Wakan by the Dakota and Manitou by the Algonquian peoples. This power is a property of the spirits, but also belongs to transformers, tricksters, culture heroes, or other spirit figures, as well as shamans, prophets and ceremonial performers. Ritual objects such as the calumet, rattles, drums, masks, medicine wheels, medicine bundles and ritual sanctuaries are filled with spiritual power." Religion and Spirituality of Indigenous Peoples in Canada | The Canadian Encyclopedia 

Edited by blackbird

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

Some missionaries would have taught them about the true God of the Bible versus the false gods some aboriginals were worshiping.  

The basis of the NA native belief system is mother earth, father sky  . . . . they lived that everyday.  It could treat you good or kill you.

Then along come the pale people . . . telling about following a star, birth without copulation, burning in their hell, etc., etc., bla,bla bla.

Your post is so much elk shit.  How arrogant can you be . . . . 

4 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

The basis of the NA native belief system is mother earth, father sky  . . . . they lived that everyday.  It could treat you good or kill you.

Then along come the pale people . . . telling about following a star, birth without copulation, burning in their hell, etc., etc., bla,bla bla.

Christianity was clearly a big upgrade

hence why the natives willingly adopted it

2 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

We have lots of mother earth worshipers in the environmental movement who want to save the trees and whales, etc.  It's a false religion that is having consequences. 

If you don't want to believe in the virgin birth, etc. that's your choice.  Don't throw bull at those who believe it.  Nothing arrogant about holding Biblical beliefs.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, blackbird said:

We have lots of mother earth worshipers in the environmental movement who want to save the trees and whales, etc.  It's a false religion that is having consequences. 

If you don't want to believe in the virgin birth, etc. that's your choice.  Don't throw bull at those who believe it.  Nothing arrogant about holding Biblical beliefs.

You have no concept of the western NA native religions.  It's not about 'saving' everything . . . . Your religion is the false one.