De Santis vs Trump 2024

16 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Who would win the primaries?

I'd personally opt for De Santis.

What about those who vote Dems or are Independents, who would you vote for?

I know there are some truly moderate Democrats out there(like Joe Manchin) but they get attacked by the media for not being progressive enough. The Dems getting the most press coverage are also some of the worst candidates out there, like AOC and the squad. Biden won't run in 2024 because he is clearly not up to the job mentally. It's scary to think that the Dems can easily field many candidates that would be even worse than  Biden.

Yes De Santis might be a very strong candidate.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I know there are some truly moderate Democrats out there(like Joe Manchin) but they get attacked by the media for not being progressive enough. The Dems getting the most press coverage are also some of the worst candidates out there, like AOC and the squad. Biden won't run in 2024 because he is clearly not up to the job mentally. It's scary to think that the Dems can easily field many candidates that would be even worse than  Biden.

Yes De Santis might be a very strong candidate.

Manchin is neither moderate, nor is his party name is irrelevant.  We here can see what he supports.  Looking forward to the Don versus Ron reality shit show though.

I don't think DeSantis is going to run right now, because if he runs against Trump he could alienate himself from a lot of Trump supporters.

DeSantis's star is still on the rise, he's young, he can wait til 2028.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz already ran against Trump, they can run against him again without ruffling any feathers, and if covid is still a big deal the fact that Paul is a Dr. gives him a lot of credibility this time around. 

Ted Cruz is a bit of a heavyweight right now and he might be an option for people who don't want to risk giving the DNC nominee a 70M vote head start. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't think DeSantis is going to run right now, because if he runs against Trump he could alienate himself from a lot of Trump supporters.

DeSantis's star is still on the rise, he's young, he can wait til 2028.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz already ran against Trump, they can run against him again without ruffling any feathers, and if covid is still a big deal the fact that Paul is a Dr. gives him a lot of credibility this time around. 

Ted Cruz is a bit of a heavyweight right now and he might be an option for people who don't want to risk giving the DNC nominee a 70M vote head start. 

Ayn Randy Paul is an ophthalmologist who doesn't even practice that anymore, he's no authority on anything but caterwauling and hissyfitting.  Cruz is such a Trump cuck that he sold out his own father and wife to grovel after Don.  I'm very much looking forward to another freak fest with all these confederate white supremacists/nationalists attempting to whip up another "the poor fragile white male is being replaced" fear based "we have the right to rule" mindfuck.  And then reacting violently if they lose the election.  They have nothing else to sell the people.

20 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

Ayn Randy Paul is an ophthalmologist who doesn't even practice that anymore, he's no authority on anything but caterwauling and hissyfitting.  Cruz is such a Trump cuck that he sold out his own father and wife to grovel after Don.  I'm very much looking forward to another freak fest with all these confederate white supremacists/nationalists attempting to whip up another "the poor fragile white male is being replaced" fear based "we have the right to rule" mindfuck.  And then reacting violently if they lose the election.  They have nothing else to sell the people.

I just noticed that your account has been suspended. Toodles. 

• Haha 1

Although Governor DeSantis says this:

“All the speculation about me is purely manufactured,” DeSantis said. “I just do my job. We work hard. Obviously, our state has led on a lot of things, including on this [monoclonal antibody treatment] now. Other states are copying us. But that’s what it’s really all about, just helping folks here. I hear all this stuff and, honestly, it’s nonsense.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article254064403.html#storylink=cpy

I think Ron will Run. I'm fine with either of them but if I had a primary vote, at this moment, I think I'd take DeSantis for the win.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Although Governor DeSantis says this:

I think Ron will Run. I'm fine with either of them but if I had a primary vote, at this moment, I think I'd take DeSantis for the win.

Yeah, me too.

Trump has the huge negative of rallying the Dems to vote against him, and DeSantis has the obvious positive of helping to take the latino vote away from the Dems. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I think a Trump/Desantis ticket would be unbeatable.

Either way. Doubt The Donald would take second billing though.

He'd be great as a VP though. That's the ideal spot for him. He could agitate and counter-troll below the waterline. I'd hear shark music every time the bad guys were enjoying themselves calling names from the shallow end of the tidal pool.

Edited by Infidel Dog

24 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Either way. Doubt The Donald would take second billing though.

He'd be great as a VP though. That's the ideal spot for him. He could agitate and counter-troll below the waterline. I'd hear shark music every time the bad guys were enjoying themselves calling names from the shallow end of the tidal pool.

I'll be surprised if Donny-Boy runs. We'll see though.

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, Phoenix68 said:

Not very-likely.

DeSantis is trying to put as much space, as is possible, between him and Spanky Trump.

That's cute. A has been calls Trump "Spanky" for Zucker...who has been dethroned at CNN. 2 criminals and a man who whacks himself online, fighting over who can slag Trump best for Zucker...who has been dethroned at CNN. A failed late night host who's been dethroned as most watched late night show, by a FOX NEWS program. And CNN...which is bleeding both leaders and ratings.

Lol...ok ya got me...

LOL.

• 2 months later...

During the four-day Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Trump reminded those who want to move on that he remains the most powerful voice in Republican politics.

In a straw poll of 2,574 conference attendees asking who they would vote for in the 2024 Republican primary for president, Trump earned 59% support, followed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis with 28%. No one else had more than 2%.

When asked for their preference should Trump not run in 2024, DeSantis earned 61% with no one else earning more than 6% of the vote. The straw poll only measured the opinion of those at the conference, not broader Republican sentiment.

Thats what we here in America think. Personally, I would be happy with either one as president.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, ironstone said:

I know there are some truly moderate Democrats out there(like Joe Manchin)

You don't know Jack. The former party of JFK and Harry Truman is now a full blown Marxist authoritarian party. Manchin is an outlier. Any old folks in the old folks home who are old school democrats have no say in what is going on, and probably no clue either. The power brokers of the democrat party are out to destroy my country. We will not let that happen.

Edited by Great American

24 minutes ago, Great American said:

Personally, I would be happy with either one as president.

agreed

although DeSantis is the doom of the Democrats

as so many Democrats would flip for DeSantis

it would be like 1980 all over again

DeSantis Democrats like the Reagan Democrats before them

MAGA

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

as so many Democrats would flip for DeSantis

it would be like 1980 all over again

DeSantis Democrats like the Reagan Democrats before them

MAGA

That is actually a pretty good point I had not thought of. Not bad for a Canadian LOL. ? (just joking.)

1 hour ago, Great American said:

1. Personally, I would be happy with either one as president.

2. You don't know Jack. The former party of JFK and Harry Truman is now a full blown Marxist authoritarian party. 

1. You have poor judgment. Among the lowest approval ever, giant deficits through good economic times, morally reprehensible.... A sad comment on what happened to democracy in a coddled culture cancelled intelligence.

2. FOX news talking points noted.