Trucker's Convoy

West

27 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So why aren't they demonstrating at home to get the US mandate lifted?

You playing the useful fool as well?

What?  There’s more resistance to mandates and restrictions in the US than in Canada.  It’s the main reason we’re still living under them while many states have dropped them.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

What?  There’s more resistance to mandates and restrictions in the US than in Canada.  It’s the main reason we’re still living under them while many states have dropped them.  

Why aren't American truckers protesting and convoying in their own country to get their own mandate lifted? Why are they coming to Canada, they have to be vaccinated to get here anyway? It's a simple question.

Another useful fool?

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

So there you go. The account may be frozen until they find out where the money is really going. 

https://celebrilla.com/en/who-is-tamara-lich-maverick-party-wikipedia-bio-to-know#scroll2

I don't know how credible this source is but considering over 3 million is involved, you would want to make damn sure it was going where it is supposed to be going.

Celebrilla - the trusted news site that deals with such in depth journalistic investigations such as:

What is Pam Trotter nationality?  (That's not even grammatically correct, BTW)

What is Close Your Rings mean on TikTok? (Again, grammar)

What is Susan Ortiz age?

Where is Corey Batey today?

From the website:

Disclaimers for CelebRilla

All the information on this website – https://celebrilla.com – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. CelebRilla does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (CelebRilla), is strictly at your own risk. CelebRilla will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

Well, Aristedes....you caught Michael Harder on that one.  He jumped all over your "research."?

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Celebrilla - the trusted news site that deals with such in depth journalistic investigations such as:

What is Pam Trotter nationality?  (That's not even grammatically correct, BTW)

What is Close Your Rings mean on TikTok? (Again, grammar)

What is Susan Ortiz age?

Where is Corey Batey today?

From the website:

Well, Aristedes....you caught Michael Harder on that one.  He jumped all over your "research."?

I just posted that to show there are questions that need to be answered about where this money is going but I suppose you would hand 3 million no questions asked to anyone who fed you a story that fit your bias. If you donated I would think you would want to be sure your money was going to the truckers involved. Maybe not.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't know how credible this source is but considering over 3 million is involved, you would want to make damn sure it was going where it is supposed to be going.

I'm supposed to make "damn sure: I know where the money is going?

Did you make "damn sure" before you injected yourself with an experimental vaccine?

Seems to me that making sure you know something about an experimental product before you take it would be more important than losing a bit of money.

But hey, you do you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I just posted that to show there are questions that need to be answered about where this money is going but I suppose you would hand 3 million no questions asked to anyone who fed you a story that fit your bias. If you donated I would think you would want to be sure your money was going to the truckers involved. Maybe not.

Yes, the whole 3 million all came from me.?

I'm actually short of money right now because I donate to my chosen charities every year in January.  Which is why I donated my time and a bit of money to buy water and other things for the truckers.

Thank you for your concern.

I'll let you get back to your "research" on Celebrilla now.

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I just posted that to show there are questions that need to be answered about where this money is going

No.  If that was true you would have just asked, "Do you know where the money is going?"

You went out of your way to find some dirt on Tamara and came up with.......Celebrilla!! ?

I bet Michael Harder is going to add it to his list of "trusted sources" now.

16 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No.  If that was true you would have just asked, "Do you know where the money is going?"

You went out of your way to find some dirt on Tamara and came up with.......Celebrilla!! ?

I bet Michael Harder is going to add it to his list of "trusted sources" now.

Whatever. Apparently I am more important to you than where the money is going. I don't know Celebria from a hole in the ground. Never heard of it before today but be honest now, what do you know about Lich?

Was trying to post a TikTok that an Ottawa police officer made in support of the truckers.  The link didn't work here.

She said she will be meeting the truckers in Ottawa and speaking on behalf of Police on Guard.
She said "You guys are incredible.  I know it feels a little like we are at war here and our rights and freedoms are at stake. So you guys are honestly true heroes."
Sounds like they are a police group throwing their support in, too.
I never heard of them but here are some links I found

Edited by Goddess

45 minutes ago, Goddess said:
Was trying to post a TikTok that an Ottawa police officer made in support of the truckers.  The link didn't work here.

She said she will be meeting the truckers in Ottawa and speaking on behalf of Police on Guard.
She said "You guys are incredible.  I know it feels a little like we are at war here and our rights and freedoms are at stake. So you guys are honestly true heroes."
Sounds like they are a police group throwing their support in, too.
I never heard of them but here are some links I found

Ya, there are antivax cops as well but again, a small minority.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:11 PM, OftenWrong said:

Never mind the bollocks, man, what are you going on about with this all the time?

You're not stupid, figure it out yourself. Here's a clue, in-camera is a latin legal term that means in-chamber.

Look, this here is about trucks. Trucks are for land lubbers, so of course you have no idea.  ;)

No, I load my fish out by helicopter so....

Here's a good one. Trucks are already amassing in small towns around here in Eastern ON and heading for the highway, just like I knew they would!
Link

The web site is hacked, here's what I coped.

A small convoy of a dozen passenger vehicles supporting protests by some Canadian truckers of pandemic regulations left 10 Acre Truck Stop and slowly rolled through Belleville's major streets on Sunday.

The vehicles decorated in Canadian flags and signs left the truck stop on Wallbridge-Loyalist Road followed by a Belleville Police vehicle.  They headed south to Dundas and Pinnacle Streets. It moved up North Front Street and to Bell Blvd before heading back to the truck stop.  The convoy was in support of the Freedom Convoy 2022 that will see thousands of truck drivers and citizens leave British Columbia and Prince Edward Island for Parliament Hill Sunday.  Many more truck drivers and civilians are expected to join the convoy at various access points across the country, including Highway 401 at Glen Miller in Trenton around 3 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. The convoy is expected in Ottawa on Friday.

A dozen trucks from just the Belleville area is a lot of trucks. It's like, all of them!
Go Truckers!  :D

Go where? The US has closed their borders to the unvaccinated too so is this convoy is now a general anti-measures/vaccination movement?  ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

just stand back and wait for it to pass IMO

Better stand WAY back, if they get as many trucks as some predict. A few tens of thousands? Even Americans are joining the convoy.

I checked the gofundme. Just crossing $4M right now. It went up $300,000 since I got home from work. It's about 100,000 dollars/ hr.

The biggest donors are actually companies, concrete and trucking. Some donating over $10k.

This could be a historic event in the making.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You're not stupid, figure it out yourself. Here's a clue, in-camera is a latin legal term that means in-chamber.

I know what it is, just that you think it's some kind of universal remedy for all that ails ya. But then, maybe you are right. Those meetings should be on the record.

->  so is this convoy is now a general anti-measures/vaccination movement?  ?

Yes, they are 100% anti federal government over-reach. Should be right up your alley, I think.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

So why aren't they demonstrating at home to get the US mandate lifted?

You playing the useful fool as well?

Who cares, I don't speak for anyone else, US truckers or otherwise. Maybe they are still working on organizing their protest, maybe because it hasn't kicked in yet or maybe they have more difficulty organizing themselves across state lines. Maybe the small amount of imports between Canada and the US doesn't affect them in the wallet as much as it does Canada. Pick your poison, fill your boots.

Larger point is this almost explosive outpouring of support indicatives this means more to people than just the truck driver's vaccine mandate. I get the sense many are just begging for an opportunity to speak out, get the government to back down and put restrictions on the extent of their power to mandate.

There is anger at Mr. Trudeau as well.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

I know what it is, just that you think it's some kind of universal remedy for all that ails ya. But then, maybe you are right. Those meetings should be on the record.

Any discussion that touches on a public interest should be open.  I figure it's a good place to start and it wouldn't require any constitutional changes. Making it a principle of the Lobbying Act and adding/making a few changes to the Act might make a big difference.

It also needs to be said the main resistance to the idea or more to the point the reason for keeping things the way they are is to maintain a safe space for having frank talks away from an apparently easily excitable public.  

>  so is this convoy is now a general anti-measures/vaccination movement?  ?

Yes, they are 100% anti federal government over-reach. Should be right up your alley, I think.

Over-reach could mean anything really. I know people who came unglued over area planning commission meetings being held on Zoom - not meeting in person to discuss by-law variances for things like property line setbacks was a sure sign the Red Dawn was upon us.  This was back in April 2020.

Edited by eyeball

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Better stand WAY back, if they get as many trucks as some predict. A few tens of thousands? Even Americans are joining the convoy.

2. I checked the gofundme. Just crossing $4M right now. It went up $300,000 since I got home from work. It's about 100,000 dollars/ hr.

3. The biggest donors are actually companies, concrete and trucking. Some donating over $10k.

4. This could be a historic event in the making.

1. Sure, but the people predicting the highest numbers are also saying that the shelves are empty NOW.  I mean it might be bad, but there's a lot of hype here.  We went through it with United We Roll... 

2. 3. 4. Yeah maybe.

Help me out here: I get that the Canadian government decided to impose a mandate very late in the game and I understand why people would protest that... but I'm also seeing that the US government is also now blocking unvaxed truckers from entering?  So the Canadian law is only going to impact the folks who got stuck over there by entering before Jan 15 and leaving after Jan 22?  That also seems like a small number of impacted people to devote a protest to?

11 hours ago, PIK said:

Never in my 60 yrs have i seen my country so divided or so full of hate.

Think of it this way: approximately six months back, vaccines promised a huge relief to the vulnerable people, folks were lining up, supplies were short, getting it was a happy moment, something to share and celebrate. Doesn't it show what six months, less actually starting in earnest in late summer - early fall could do to the public psyche, in a society of mostly, a vast majority of dependent people, "employees"? There's no basis, foundation anymore for critical independent thought - whatever comes down from the top has to be the final, ultimate truth, and good.

Are we all screwed? Is it bright new dawn ahead or dark authoritarian 1984 under the drums of togetherness? Could we even tell anymore?

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Help me out here: I get that the Canadian government decided to impose a mandate very late in the game and I understand why people would protest that... but I'm also seeing that the US government is also now blocking unvaxed truckers from entering?  So the Canadian law is only going to impact the folks who got stuck over there by entering before Jan 15 and leaving after Jan 22?  That also seems like a small number of impacted people to devote a protest to?

I am not the spokesman for the Freedom Convoy, if there even is one.

The government flip-flopped more than once in their "decision". When at the last minute it was announced they were not going to do it, then we heard something else the next day. We all know what this is, what it sounds like. Political interference. Someone got a phone call. People are not that naive. I say that adds to the anger.

That's why I say this issue is now about more than just the trucker mandate. The gofundme states a broader objective. Will it attract many protesters? Will it matter? Time will tell.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. I am not the spokesman for the Freedom Convoy, if there even is one.

2. Someone got a phone call. People are not that naive. I say that adds to the anger.

3. That's why I say this issue is now about more than just the trucker mandate. The gofundme states a broader objective. Will it attract many protesters? Will it matter? Time will tell.

1. I get it but you are more lucid then most of them.
2. Yes, bad comms.  Who was the phone call from - the US state dept. then ?
3. Right but is my assessment of the temporality of the situation accurate ?

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I get it but you are more lucid then most of them.
2. Yes, bad comms.  Who was the phone call from - the US state dept. then ?
3. Right but is my assessment of the temporality of the situation accurate ?

1. Why thanks, but who is them? Every person is a person, after all.

2. Why not. The question isn't just what can be done now, since it may be too late to reverse this deal. Did the Canadian government negotiate in good faith on this with US officials?

If not, the government certainly deserves to be told. Perhaps at last Mr. Trudeua has expended his good-faith political capital.

3. You have a point but it's too late for that now. Even if there's nothing to be gained, people still want to give the government a wuppin.

Stock up on the popcorn.

• Like 1