Trucker's Convoy

West

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

So what? People are taking screenshots of them being shut off along the way.

WTF does it matter who shuts them off?  I didn't say anything other than - they are being shut off.  Which is true.

Again - you know nothing beyond the spoon-fed pablum MSM "airplanes" into your mouth like a baby so maybe STFU, mmmmmkay?

I just checked Alberta highway cams and there is one out on Hwy 16 at Sherwood Park and and one on Hwy2 at the Dunvegan Bridge but that's on the road to Peace River. How are they getting to Ottawa, cross country?

So you don't bother to actually check the MSM articles yourself, you just believe any crap you are told about them. And you  call others sheep.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Join channels on telegram to see the worldwide protests.

This is not a deluded minority of "anti-vaxxers".

Tens of thousands were at protests in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal etc.

Not a peep from the MSM.

How would you know, you don't look at MSM

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I just checked Alberta highway cams and there is one out on Hwy 16 at Sherwood Park and and one on Hwy2 at the Dunvegan Bridge but that's on the road to Peace River. How are they getting to Ottawa, cross country?

So you don't bother to actually check the MSM articles yourself, you just believe any crap you are told about them. And you  call others sheep.

Let me get this straight - they're creating their own outrage event... creating all the hype around it... and now creating their own conspiracy theories ...

Here's the beneficial of all this... one Tamara Lich who is administer of $3M+ GoFundMe...

She's a fitness instructor, it seems, and part of something called The Maverick Party - so you are probably supporting... no Carbon Tax, Defund the CBC, Western Separatism somehow....

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Let me get this straight - they're creating their own outrage event... creating all the hype around it... and now creating their own conspiracy theories ...

Here's the beneficial of all this... one Tamara Lich who is administer of $3M+ GoFundMe...

She's a fitness instructor, it seems, and part of something called The Maverick Party - so you are probably supporting... no Carbon Tax, Defund the CBC, Western Separatism somehow....

So there you go. The account may be frozen until they find out where the money is really going. 

https://celebrilla.com/en/who-is-tamara-lich-maverick-party-wikipedia-bio-to-know#scroll2

I don't know how credible this source is but considering over 3 million is involved, you would want to make damn sure it was going where it is supposed to be going.

Edited by Aristides

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don't know how credible this source is but considering over 3 million is involved, you would want to make damn sure it was going where it is supposed to be going.

Well, they are casting aspersions on her which is not fair "as per Twitter users" is a dirty way to call her integrity into question IMO.

She could be a perfectly honest person.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, they are casting aspersions on her which is not fair "as per Twitter users" is a dirty way to call her integrity into question IMO.

She could be a perfectly honest person.

She may very well be but due diligence still applies. Regardless of whether I agree with them or not, people who are donating for a purpose should be confident their money is being used for that purpose.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

I still don't see how Canada giving US truckers an exemption to cross the border helps Canadian truckers.

Truckers, like hospital employees, just kept working through covid when there were no vaccines. 

No one thanked them. No one gave a shit about their 'sacrifice' or the risks that they all took.

Now they're being forced to take a vaccine that doesn't work, which comes with health risks of its own, and they're not knuckling under.  

So they're standing up for themselves and for other people. Good for them. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Truckers, like hospital employees, just kept working through covid when there were no vaccines. 

No one thanked them. No one gave a shit about their 'sacrifice' or the risks that they all took.

Now they're being forced to take a vaccine that doesn't work, which comes with health risks of its own, and they're not knuckling under.  

So they're standing up for themselves and for other people. Good for them. 

They were thanked a lot because they took risks when there were no vaccines. Now there are vaccines.

Personally, considering the supply chain issues we are having I think this mandate is poorly timed. But that is a separate issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Personally, considering the supply chain issues we are having I think this mandate is poorly timed. But that is a separate issue.

I agree.  Things will be calming down just as the supplies start to come in full...

But these convoys are about something else... it's populism triggers... just stand back and wait for it to pass IMO

5 minutes ago, West said:

There are vaxxed making the trek. I know many. Trudeau is a vile man and cannot be removed soon enough

I still don't see how Trudeau giving US truckers an exemption helps Canadian truckers. Why aren't US truckers protesting in the US? Where are the convoys?

Edited by Aristides

10 minutes ago, West said:

1. Just like the pass is red meat to the nutty lefties.

2. Could you imagine being so full of hate that you actually believe people who don't take a shot carry disease, hate black people, and dislike women? Must be pretty messed upstairs to buy into that

1. What are you talking about ?
2. What are you talking about ?

I should really check in with the conspiracy set more often, I'm losing track.  Hate black people ?  What ?

7 minutes ago, West said:

1. Trudeau uses dog whistles such as his bizarre claims that "anti vaxxers" as they are called are racist, mysoginists (bizarre).

2. People like you, unfortunately, are brainwashed which is why the country is going to hell

1. Hmmm.... well that seems pointless but also not surprising... do you have some examples - I can hear dog whistles
2. Riiiight... i'm brainwashed which is why I am asking you about it.  

Clearly you have never met anybody with an open mind, just an open fly...

42 minutes ago, West said:

Canadian truckers have to isolate for 14 days after coming back simply for refusing a shot. How do you support that? 

Unvaccinated Canadians can't go to the US period, truckers included. Actually last Saturday. The 22nd anyway.

Edited by Aristides

7 minutes ago, West said:

Pathetic. 

Well they won't be isolating when they return if they can't get into the US in the first place. Trudeau giving US drivers an exemption would be a win win for American drivers, they would get to cross the border and Canadian drivers wouldn't. Maybe that's why there are no protest convoys in the US.

Feel like a useful fool yet?

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Well they won't be isolating when they return if they can't get into the US in the first place. Trudeau giving US drivers an exemption would be a win win for American drivers, they would get to cross the border and Canadian drivers wouldn't. Maybe that's why there are no protest convoys in the US.

Feel like a useful fool yet?

You don’t get it.  The US mandate is wrong too.  Trudeau and Biden are bedfellows and both are letting totalitarian approaches erode rights.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You don’t get it.  The US mandate is wrong too.  Trudeau and Biden are bedfellows and both are letting totalitarian approaches erode rights.

Do you really think Biden would change his mind for Trudeau? Yes, both governments would have to do it together but so far there is no public pressure on Biden. 

But maybe just get vaccinated like almost 90% of the rest of the country and get on with their jobs. They aren't going to get much sympathy from the great majority of people who have done something they refuse to do. They are a small minority among drivers even.

Edited by Aristides

14 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Do you really think Biden would change his mind for Trudeau? Yes, both governments would have to do it together but so far there is no public pressure on Biden. 

But maybe just get vaccinated like almost 90% of the rest of the country and get on with their jobs. They aren't going to get much sympathy from the great majority of people who have done something they refuse to do. They are a small minority among drivers even.

You’ve missed the point on all of this.  Anyway don’t worry, dumb compliance is already the status quo.  You’ll probably see boosts added to the passports and maybe more in the years to come.  This is about individual discretion and freedom versus government mandated behaviour and controls over the populous.  I know you like social engineering.  There may be a lot more of it coming if voices like yours dominate.  So far they are.  I don’t know if pre-pandemic freedoms will ever be restored.  Good for you.