Trucker's Convoy

West

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, marcus said:

You're either not looking at the info hard enough to understand, or you are purposely trying to deceive people.

Since close to 80% of Albertans are vaccinated, and the number of doses change based on age, it's dumb to try to compare the numbers, unless you show what the per capita numbers are.

Here is a table, from the same page, where you pulled your info from:

image.thumb.png.13a964d6bfb10c68af2c81cf1191dca2.png

Look at the age group, number of doses (including unvaccinated),the hospitalization rate, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, rate per 100K.

Ref: https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-19-alberta-statistics.htm#vaccine-outcomes

We've already been over why the "per capita" statistic is nonsense in the debate. Furthermore that may have been the propaganda put out to get everyone to vaccinate but enough vaccinated are dying of covid to cause concern of effectiveness 

1. We have a large portion of young adults whove been vaccinated because universities have mandated it. They were at basically no risk of hospitalization or death. This demographic would skew in favor of vaccine effectiveness. 

Under 60s have low risk of ever going to hospital with the bug. Of course the less healthy you are, the more at risk you are. A large portion of this demographic were mandated to vaccinate by employers despite no real risk of hospitalization or death.

2. The more telling statistic is the number of people already seriously ill with other health issues ending up in hospital. The average person ends up staying home with a bowl of chicken noodles soup for a few days and is fine. 

Edited by West
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Goddess said:

Still believe the claim that vaccines are effective?  Real world evidence says otherwise.

Deaths almost doubled in a week and hospitalizations in third dose went up by 10%. But third dose vaccinations in the population went up by less than 0.9% (from 36.17% to 37.07%) THAT IS LESS THAN 1% increase in Dose 3 but a 10% increase in hospitalizations in that group.

It's because people haven't taken enough vaccines. 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, Zeitgeist said:

I’ll go along with the take that vaccines offer some protection, albeit with some risk.  We shouldn’t have vaccine mandates, however.  The science doesn’t justify them.  

I took the vaccine, in good faith

but once it was quickly hijacked by the state corporate elites as an instrument of control over the working classes

I had no choice but to side against those who propagate such totalitarianism

down with traitors against the Crown of Canada

traitors against the Westminster Parliament of Canada born of the Glorious Revolution of 1688

Vive la Canadienne

true north strong & free of these ignominious elites and their tyrannical dictatorship

remember your oaths & affirmations

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ll go along with the take that vaccines offer some protection, albeit with some risk.  We shouldn’t have vaccine mandates, however.  The science doesn’t justify them.  

The libertarian side of me wants to say that no amount of science justifies mandatory vaccines. With perhaps the exception of babies and young children, from very fatal diseases. But even then the focus should be on education not coercion.

• Like 1

So banks are now refusing to do business with freedom convoy organizers over their political views. A service that was "essential" can now deny you service. 

Would be like the hydo company cutting off your power because they don't like your views

8 hours ago, West said:

So banks are now refusing to do business with freedom convoy organizers over their political views. A service that was "essential" can now deny you service. 

Would be like the hydo company cutting off your power because they don't like your views

it's really the banks doing themselves egregious harm

undermining confidence in not only the banking system, but banks themselves as a place to store money

banks as institutions are imploding along with every other institution in Canada

this widespread betrayal of confidence in the institutions in Canada, and the institution of Canada itself

is inevitably on trajectory to catastrophic consequences

this is a societal collapse in progress

a collapse of the Western Enlightenment values which founded Westminster itself in 1688

the founding of the modern British liberal state

that is collapsing all around us, in real time

a quick perusal of the historical record will show, that this is the stuff civil wars are made of

this is how all Latin American Banana Republic Basket Cases were made

Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru

this is the fate that Canada is degenerating towards now

as a Canadian soldier, I never thought of myself as defending Canadian freedom

reason being, I took Canadian freedom for granted

I took it as a given, the Charter of Rights & Freedoms under the supremacy of God and the rule of law

I was expected to kill, I was expected to die, to defend & uphold the Crown, I swore that oath

but not on Canadian soil, there would be no need for that in such a civil society

I was defending the free world, from the Soviets on the Inner German Border

we only fight other people's wars, never our own

I never thought I would see the day, when the Liberal Party of Canada would overthrow its own Charter

this truly is a dark & dystopic future, surreal in fact

Canada Bereaved

VIMY-Mother-Canada.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

On 4/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, Zeitgeist said:

His relevance is his gullibility and need for attention. Waving flashy socks and a public assembly in front of him is like a red cape to a bull. If he didn’t have the PM job no one would care. He has the PM job mainly because of daddy’s name and good hair.  

I of course expected a very weak PM

with Gerald Butts as the brains of the operation

I expected Kathleen Wynne in Trudeau form

even I never expected him to become a madman dictator reviled around the world for crushing Canadians under jackboots

34 minutes ago, West said:

Why would his personal social media page not be a reliable source for his personal affairs?

Seriously? If Chris Barbers tictok is a  reliable sources, then why is my opinion not considered to be reliable source?

Edited by ExFlyer

46 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Seriously? If Chris Barbers tictok is a  reliable sources, then why is my opinion not considered to be reliable source?

It's not an opinion. It's a factual account of no longer having access to his TD account and Brigitte Belton (another Convoy organizer) being told by the RBC they were no longer going to provide her service

3 minutes ago, West said:

It's not an opinion. It's a factual account of no longer having access to his TD account and Brigitte Belton (another Convoy organizer) being told by the RBC they were no longer going to provide her service

I guess private businesses can do what they like. 

7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I guess private businesses can do what they like. 

They are the main mediary for our money supply. A little different than a hardware store. 

As for your a comment as long as they aren't a Christian baker refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding eh

12 minutes ago, West said:

OK, mine are all factual as well as far as I am concerned :)

Just now, West said:

They are the main mediary for our money supply. A little different than a hardware store. 

As for your a comment as long as they aren't a Christian baker refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding eh

They can still do as they wish and yes, they are the same as a hardware store. They do not want their business so, that is that.

Regardless, going off your own topic again I see :)

1 hour ago, West said:

They should sue and launch a constitutional challenge.  Denying service because of a political view is highly discriminatory.  We need a guy like DeSantis to stick it to corporate ideologues who politicize their businesses.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

They can still do as they wish and yes, they are the same as a hardware store. They do not want their business so, that is that.

Regardless, going off your own topic again I see :)

Businesses can't do "as they wish". 

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

They should sue and launch a constitutional challenge.  Denying service because of a political view is highly discriminatory.  We need a guy like DeSantis to stick it to corporate ideologues who politicize their businesses.  

I can't get over how many people think it's OK to turn off ones ability to purchase essential goods simply because of politics. 

Our society is very sick right now.