Trucker's Convoy

West

When there's a leftwing protest on Parliament hill, we don't see the media going through every single name of the people who attend, trying to find one person that they can disparage the whole group with.

The CBC has been accused by its own employees of systemic racism, and yet we don't see the media here generalize that everyone who works at the CBC is a racist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRDjWjx5XX4

14 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Nobody can tell you how to feel on this issue.  These points are fair.  

This is saying that having boosters too frequently can weaken (not destroy) the immune system.  This is certainly something to consider/worry about, and I think if we're asked to take shot #4 or #5 anytime in the near future, you'd likely find a lot of support amongst the general population and the medical community. 

This is a reach.  Vaccinated people are much less likely to spread the virus, though anyone in the media saying they can't/won't don't know what they're talking about.  Biden's not saying it's impossible to spread.  He's saying get vaccinated so that you do not.  The distinction probably doesn't mean much to you, but it's similar to something like "Don't drink and drive so that you don't kill someone on the road."  By your logic, that'd be a lie or something because a sober driver could still kill someone driving.  

There's no context here, but at face value that's just a false/wrong/ignorant statement.  

I think the statistics are pretty clear now that the proportionality of covid cases is pretty well equal between vaccinated and not vaccinate. 

As for hospitalizations, the vast majority have multiple comorbidities. 80% of deaths from covid are from nursing homes. 

I'd say the focus should've been on helping people manage high blood pressure, diabetes, improving long term care (institutionalizing the elderly should be considered inappropriate).

This whole attack on the unvaccinated is an attempt by the government to deflect from their failures. We have been a very sick society for quite some time with many people unable to afford healthy diets, etc. Let focus there 

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not true at all.  I’m triple vaccinated and oppose mandates and restrictions, like many of the protesters.  The movement isn’t about the value of vaccination; it’s about government overreach and totalitarian approaches in a liberal-democracy.  

Vaccination when fully has proven to reduce ICU and hospitalization significantly. Those tiny minority who refused to vaccinate are filling up most of the beds. Therefore surgeries for heart and cancer patients as well as other diseases are being cancelled because of those tiny selfish minority. This is not acceptable.  And what I said is true. Majority of Canadians support mandatory vaccination,

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Vaccination when fully has proven to reduce ICU and hospitalization significantly. Those tiny minority who refused to vaccinate are filling up most of the beds. Therefore surgeries for heart and cancer patients as well as other diseases are being cancelled because of those tiny selfish minority. This is not acceptable.  And what I said is true. Majority of Canadians support mandatory vaccination,

It is not the unvaccinated, that’s nonsense.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sharkman said:

It is not the unvaccinated, that’s nonsense.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

There are almost equal number of ICU even though the number of vaccinated is 9 times higher and hospitalization only 3 times higher for vaccinated when their population is 9 times higher.

Conclusions:

It is 9 times higher to be in ICU and 3 times higher to hospitalize when unvaccinated, so what is nonsense?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is the medical world that decides who gets treatment and who does not, you can not blame this whole thing on the unvaccinated...And your right it is unacceptable for a G-7 nation to have huge gap in capabilities. Did you here that on any election platforms, did we hear the public out cry screaming to fix it...

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

asked to take shot #4 or #5 anytime in the near future, you'd likely find a lot of support amongst the general population and the medical community.

What is the logic here? The rationale for the booster (#3) was the new variant, cases, hospitalizations, "overloaded system", "continuity of services" etc. The protection is limited in time, outside of priority groups, some / many aren't even at six month after full vaccination. So what's going to change with #4? Will there be no new variants, and someone knows that? Or the same system now couldn't be overloaded etc? Or the slide would just keep moving yes we know for certain wait almost no wait oops.

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is sad that a lawful protest with a focused objective has been highjacked by a small group of people who are could spoil the message the truckers are trying to convey. On another thread, we discussed how China is trying to influence Canadians. Here, we have a massive overt attempt by a faction trying to exert American influence. This is far more damaging to Canada than anything China has attempted. We see some of these agitators advocating a "January 6" attack. They are flying the infamous American snake flag. Once again, another Kennedy is interferring in Canadian internal affairs, with support from Rogan and Qanon. 

While I don't agree with the objective of the original protest, they deserve to have their say, without the movement being poisoned by Qanon morons trying to force the GG to dismiss the government and advocating solving their problems "with bullets."

While Chinese activities are concerning, we cannot lose sight of the massive influence of the American propoganda machine.

This is just the right blowing off some steam, the are tired of not being heard, This is Canada , nobody is storming any gates regardless of what flag they are flying...This will come and go and be forgotten in a week it is how Canada roles... the liberals will of course make a big deal out of it, blame it on the conservatives... , Ottawa's traffic problem will remain for a while, justin will tighten the screws on the west and the oil patch and shit will be back to normal

And if Canadians wanted to storm the capitol with guns a blazing they would have done it long ago, Justin reign is not worth the effort......This is not the states we don't bring guns to fights, we bring beer, smokes, and dope maybe a hockey stick if things get out of hand...Now there may be one wingnut out of the bunch... but not going to storm the parliament, atleast not without getting shot by RCMP. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

This is just the right blowing off some steam, the are tired of not being heard, This is Canada , nobody is storming any gates regardless of what flag they are flying...This will come and go and be forgotten in a week it is how Canada roles... the liberals will of course make a big deal out of it, blame it on the conservatives... , Ottawa's traffic problem will remain for a while, justin will tighten the screws on the west and the oil patch and shit will be back to normal

And if Canadians wanted to storm the capitol with guns a blazing they would have done it long ago, Justin reign is not worth the effort......This is not the states we don't bring guns to fights, we bring beer, smokes, and dope maybe a hockey stick if things get out of hand...Now there may be one wingnut out of the bunch... but not going to storm the parliament, atleast not without getting shot by RCMP. 

We  change governments at the ballot box, hope this stays peaceful. January in Ottawa, enjoy. Been there, done that.

• Like 2

The premise that with sufficiently distracted population, and sufficient control over the agenda over sufficient time, the majority can be convinced to support pretty much anything has been proven multiple times in the last century. There's nothing new to be found here. Take out independent oversight, checks accountability, transparency and critical questioning and it will happen again, not could.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, myata said:

The premise that with sufficiently distracted population, and sufficient control over the agenda over sufficient time, the majority can be convinced to support pretty much anything has been proven multiple times in the last century. There's nothing new to be found here. Take out independent oversight, checks accountability, transparency and critical questioning and it will happen again, not could.

So true.  Big tech censors everything they read, the networks likewise stifle any views and stats that are contrary to their latest crusade, in this case Covid.  It’s subtle but very effective as we can plainly see in this thread.

There is a doctor in the US who has treated over 9500 Covid cases with zero deaths.  I’d mention what his treatment protocols are, but I’m sure the pitch forks would come out.

Edited by sharkman
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Again...SO WHAT ?

A "majority of Canadians" also supported the mandatory internment of Japanese-Canadians during WW2.  

What part of this tyranny by the majority do you not understand ?

You mean like a majority of Americans who supported the mandatory interment of Japanese Americans? I don't know why you keep bringing this up? BTW, where are all the truckers demonstrating in Washington?

Myata, I think you have a highly inflated view of the power of government. When I was planning to be Prime Minister, I thought I would be able to give an order and people would carry it out without question. I would have been like President Trump without his abilities.😁 

22 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Myata, I think you have a highly inflated view of the power of government. When I was planning to be Prime Minister, I thought I would be able to give an order and people would carry it out without question. I would have been like President Trump without his abilities.😁 

If I may...I think you should re-read your history. Man tends to hoard and abuse power. I also think you underestimate the power of media and government working in concert. 

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You mean like a majority of Americans who supported the mandatory interment of Japanese Americans? I don't know why you keep bringing this up? BTW, where are all the truckers demonstrating in Washington?

Again, as others have posted, you are missing the point entirely.   The WW2 internments, whether in Canada or the United States, were a fundamental violation of civil rights and freedoms...majority opinion polls be damned.

The truckers will have their convoy, which is also an exercise in freedom, to be supported by those who understand the principles at play, even for the sheeple in Canada.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not true at all. Plenty of vaxxed in the hospitals here. Pretty much proportionate. 

Plus it's not "the unvaccinated" ending up in hospitals. It's folks with four or more comorbidities. Both vaxxed and unvaxxed. 

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

There are almost equal number of ICU even though the number of vaccinated is 9 times higher and hospitalization only 3 times higher for vaccinated when their population is 9 times higher.

Conclusions:

It is 9 times higher to be in ICU and 3 times higher to hospitalize when unvaccinated, so what is nonsense?

But still a very tiny fraction of cases regardless of vaccine status. To blame the average "unvaccinated" person who takes care of themself and won't end up in hospital is ridiculous

11 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yes it will make the more staunch of the freedom haters go wild. I think that would be a good thing. I would encourage them to begin calling people horrid names and choking up visions of Nazi Germany, ASAP.

How's that been working out for you?

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Again...SO WHAT ?

A "majority of Canadians" also supported the mandatory internment of Japanese-Canadians during WW2.  

What part of this tyranny by the majority do you not understand ?

Covid has made them all irrational authoritarian fascists.  It’s a sickness worse then covid at this point.  Even worse is they don’t even recognize their insidious behaviour.  They actually think it’s noble.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Again, as others have posted, you are missing the point entirely.   The WW2 internments, whether in Canada or the United States, were a fundamental violation of civil rights and freedoms...majority opinion polls be damned.

The truckers will have their convoy, which is also an exercise in freedom, to be supported by those who understand the principles at play, even for the sheeple in Canada.

The truckers are having their convoy, no one is violating their civil rights and freedoms. In free countries, everyone gets an opinion, not just truckers. Polls give an idea what the majority thinks, that's all. 

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The truckers are having their convoy, no one is violating their civil rights and freedoms. In free countries, everyone gets an opinion, not just truckers. Polls give an idea what the majority thinks, that's all. 

Polls just reflect the irrational fear that has been successfully pushed into the heads of many Canadians by the mainstream media.  As has already been pointed out, a majority of Canadians have supported some very unsavoury policies in the past, also based on irrational fear.

• Like 1