Trucker's Convoy

West

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Again this is painting everyone with the same brush.  The blockades were the extreme end of the protest, but no property was damaged.  It needed to end and it did without the Emergencies Act.  People walking around protesting in Ottawa is a constitutional and important citizen right.  

The cat’s out of the bag.  The protest will simply morph into the lawlessness that it was if they are left to their own devices.  Time to end it.  

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

as a decorated veteran

You sure mention this a lot….  Given you think the CIA is propping up the Liberal government.  Given that you think the Republican Party of America, which you say you are a card carrying member of, will take over Canada….   Given all the other obvious bizarre, and frankly, bat shit crazy stuff you say….

Why should anyone believe that you are a Canadian veteran?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

You must have researched it thoroughly.  Please share how you came to that conclusion. Or did you just get the "safe and effective" phrase from a Global headline?

No.  I am not interested in discussing vaccinations with anyone who is hysterical, paranoid and intentionally ignorant about modern medicine and medical science.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Above all else that source needs to be acceptable to both of us

Well, that's the problem, eyeball.

Unless a source agrees with your CBC headlines, you reject it outright.

It's as frustrating to me as the many doctors  and scientists across Canada who have asked to see the science that our public health officers are following and been denied that information.

Why do you think Canada's public Health system refuses to share that information with doctors and scientists?

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

No.  I am not interested in discussing vaccinations with anyone who is hysterical, paranoid and intentionally ignorant about modern medicine and medical science.  

Ah you’re the voice that knows what’s good for everyone.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think illegal protestors get to declare when the protest is legal again?  The police should now go home since the protestors remaining are only blocking a few streets?  

That’s a recipe for them to go back to exactly how it was, doesn’t it?

No i think people breaking the law should be punished and arrested if necessary, while those not breaking the law should be left alone.

But they have declared downtown ottawa a "no protest zone", meaning Charter Rights do no apply there.

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Which cause?

Anti-vaxx?  Overthrow the government?

Neither cause is rational.  Both consist of paranoia and conspiracy theories.  

It's an anti-mandate protest, not an anti-vax protest.  I'm fully vaxxed.  I'm anti-mandate.  I got vaxxed because I chose to.  I had full informed consent.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

No i think people breaking the law should be punished and arrested if necessary, while those not breaking the law should be left alone.

But they have declared downtown ottawa a "no protest zone", meaning Charter Rights do no apply there.

When police stop me from walking into a crime scene, should I holler about my Charter Rights being violated?    

It seems like there are reasonable limits to rights when things like illegal blockades happen and things need to be secured until they can get back to normal. Do you agree?

Do citizens there have a right to a peaceful existence and to go to their jobs and restaurants and run their businesses?

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Lol

You haven’t seen any anti-vaxx sentiments from protestors?

Do you think the unvaccinated should be allowed to get on a plane freely?

Yes I think they should be allowed to get on a plane freely and enjoy the same rights as vaccinated people.  

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Lol

You haven’t seen any anti-vaxx sentiments from protestors?

Do you think the unvaccinated should be allowed to get on a plane freely?

Planes owned by a private business can have whatever requirements they want.

WTF is the point of going to ottawa to protest vaccines?  They don't make the vaccines in Ottawa.

You even have a few Nazi flags at the protests, but it's not a pro-Nazi protest.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Planes owned by a private business can have whatever requirements they want.

That’s not what I asked.  It was a very simple question.  Why avoid it?

Do you think the unvaccinated should be allowed to get on a plane freely?