Jump to content

Trucker's Convoy


West

Recommended Posts

It’s incredible that our government now has the power to shut down the right to assembly.  The Charter protections were taken from citizens.  When citizens demanded their restoration after two years, the government took away their right to protest.  Treating people who donated to this cause as though they’re funding terrorists sets such a dangerous precedent.  Basically if the government declares your opinion as dangerous you can be defunded and silenced.  I hope the whole country goes out to show their support.  Would they try to put everyone under house arrest?  Oh wait, we’ve done that already…Freedom apparently is a dirty word in Canada, only spoken by extremists.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you have an actual cite for this?

The Vaccine Injury Support Program was first announced in December 2020 and officially launched in June 2021. While serious reactions to vaccines are extremely rare -- approximately one in 10,000, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) -- they have happened.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/coronavirus/2021/12/16/1_5709786.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

According to Alberta stats, 96% of Covid deaths happened in people with one or more pre-existing conditions. I have not seen any similar stats on vaccine injury but it sure would be terrible to suffer a severe vaccine injury especially if you had no preexisting conditions.  

Yes, like my sister, a previously healthy 45 year old who is now disabled for life and had an almost 0% chance of dying of covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

You bring disrespect to the Canadian Forces veterans.  I'm sure none of them would agree with you.

I came to their aid when they called for help,  a stand to, of my own free will

but that doesn't mean I answer to any of them

I am individual, I really don't care what people say about me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You are the only person here going on about one. It seems you don't care much about people who do have children.

You are the one who doesn't care about them

and want to subject the children to government tyranny

quit throwing stones from your glass house

you are on the moral low ground, not the moral high ground

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I don't favor blockades, Trudeau is 100% to blame and created this mess on purpose. You don't thumb your nose at ordinary Canadians and call them racists, misogynists, un-Canadian, etc. As PM of a democratic nation it's your duty to represent all Canadians, not just those strictly within your party's ideology. The working class has legitimate gripes about COVID restrictions. Especially as they were shown to have practically no benefit by John Hopkins.

Equally as disgusted with the NDP. They didn't run on this kind of platform at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I care about them, but I won't be able to restrain them when they come for you

 

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You are the one who doesn't care about them

and want to subject the children to government tyranny

quit throwing stones from your glass house

you are on the moral low ground, not the moral high ground

I have kids and grand kids and there is no damn way I would wish a war on them, not over something as stupid as this. Anyway they have all been vaccinated except for the four year old. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Well that's good because the government doesn't decide.  The Courts do, and they're not elected officials that have to worry about placating voters.  

 

Governments do make laws in fact most laws we have in Canada has passed through parliament, while others pass through the minister of justice.. who is an elected official 

Quote

 

The Parliament of Canada and the provincial and territorial legislatures both have the authority or jurisdiction to make laws. Parliament can make laws for all of Canada, but only about matters the Constitution assigns to it. A provincial or territorial legislature can only make laws about matters within the province's borders.

The Minister of Justice is responsible for the Department of Justice, which provides legal services such as drafting laws and providing legal advice to the government and its departments. The department also develops criminal law and public law, as well as policies and programs for victims, families, children and youth criminal justice. The Minister of Justice is also the Attorney General or chief law officer of Canada

 

The Canadian Constitution - About Canada's System of Justice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, West said:

The vaccine mandates have nothing to do with public health. They are driven largely by a few loud mouths who want control over people. 

If it was about health you wouldn't be forcing people to choose between adverse side effects of a vaccine/emotional anguish associated with coerced medical procedures or feeding their families. 

If it was about health, they would recognize natural immunity.

But they don't, because this has nothing to do with health or science.

It's about Trudeau getting ultimate power, which he just gave himself.

Edited by Goddess
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

The courts determine what is law whether you like it or not. Canadian courts are not politicized to the same degree as the US because our selection process is much different. 

Courts or judges do not make law, but rather interrupt it. Parliament makes laws along with the minister of justice. According to the link...

 

The Parliament of Canada and the provincial and territorial legislatures both have the authority or jurisdiction to make laws. Parliament can make laws for all of Canada, but only about matters the Constitution assigns to it. A provincial or territorial legislature can only make laws about matters within the province's borders.

The Minister of Justice is responsible for the Department of Justice, which provides legal services such as drafting laws and providing legal advice to the government and its departments. The department also develops criminal law and public law, as well as policies and programs for victims, families, children and youth criminal justice. The Minister of Justice is also the Attorney General or chief law officer of Canada

The Canadian Constitution - About Canada's System of Justice

 

Our Constitution also includes provisions relating to the judicial branch of government, composed of judges. The judiciary must interpret and apply the law and the Constitution, and give impartial judgments in all cases, whether they involve public law, such as a criminal case, or private law, such as a dispute over a contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

have kids and grand kids and there is no damn way I would wish a war on them

You just doomed your children and grandchildren to life in a dictatorship.  Hope they love living like the Chinese do, Trudeau that was his ultimate inspiration - the control China had over its people.

Remember - this is what you wanted and doomed all Canadians to because you can't get over your psychopathic fear of a virus with a 99.5% survival rate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Courts or judges do not make law, but rather interrupt it. Parliament makes laws along with the minister of justice. According to the link...

 

The Parliament of Canada and the provincial and territorial legislatures both have the authority or jurisdiction to make laws. Parliament can make laws for all of Canada, but only about matters the Constitution assigns to it. A provincial or territorial legislature can only make laws about matters within the province's borders.

The Minister of Justice is responsible for the Department of Justice, which provides legal services such as drafting laws and providing legal advice to the government and its departments. The department also develops criminal law and public law, as well as policies and programs for victims, families, children and youth criminal justice. The Minister of Justice is also the Attorney General or chief law officer of Canada

The Canadian Constitution - About Canada's System of Justice

 

Our Constitution also includes provisions relating to the judicial branch of government, composed of judges. The judiciary must interpret and apply the law and the Constitution, and give impartial judgments in all cases, whether they involve public law, such as a criminal case, or private law, such as a dispute over a contract.

Legislatures make laws and courts interpret them, so in effect, the courts also make law. Nothing is unconstitutional until a judge says it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Goddess said:

You just doomed your children and grandchildren to life in a dictatorship.  Hope they love living like the Chinese do, Trudeau that was his ultimate inspiration - the control China had over its people.

Remember - this is what you wanted and doomed all Canadians to because you can't get over your psychopathic fear of a virus with a 99.5% survival rate.

Good god, what a drama queen. Trudeau is just another prime minister. They come and they go thank goodness.

Stop quoting 99.5% like every person on the planet has been infected. You can't survive a disease you never had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aristides said:

Good god, what a drama queen. Trudeau is just another prime minister. They come and they go thank goodness.

Stop quoting 99.5% like every person on the planet has been infected. You can't survive a disease you never had.

You're a total idiot.

Remember you wanted a dictator.

Don't forget to tell your grandchildren that you wanted this.

Idiot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

What veterans, surely you don't expect anyone to believe that a majority of them refuse to wear masks.

Since there has not been a poll i think that would be impossible to prove, but they are represented in all the protest sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

The great majority of truckers (over 90%) are vaccinated and are doing their job.  They are not using their trucks for illegal blockades and occupation, which is harming many other people. 

This might shock you, but not everyone can afford to take time off work and drive all the way to Ottawa, and then sit there for two weeks.

I can't even believe that I have to explain that to an adult.

Truckers have mortgages. They have dependents. They have legitimate reasons why they can't leave their work. 

This might blow your mind, but there are unvaccinated truckers still working, they just can't cross the border.

There are also vaccinated truckers taking part in the protests. They're doing it because they care about other people. It's wild, right?

Quote

Many of these occupiers and blockaders are not truckers but are hooligans, thugs, and anarchists, from Canada and even from the U.S.

Many of the people are hooligans? Really? Why isn't CTV able to find evidence of that? They'd like nothing more than to support Trudeau's hate mongering but they just can't get the footage that they need. 

The truckers never said that only truckers could protest. They're not like the vax-Nazis, just trying to keep the others away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,717
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Watson Winnefred
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...