Trucker's Convoy

West

31 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

So what is the bottom line, the insurgency failed. and the anniversary only featured a few people in Ottawa? Pat King as @ExFlyer mentioned was not allowed. 

I guess is time to count it as a win for the status quo. The status quo won, and all is left are some forum rantings?

So, the house won, populism lost, what else is new?!

Saw on the news tonite that there were only a few dozen at the Trucker Protest Reunion.

Truckers 2.0 was a huge bust LOL

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Saw on the news tonite that there were only a few dozen at the Trucker Protest Reunion.

Truckers 2.0 was a huge bust LOL

The organizers probably realized there was no profit in it?  

What were the millions of dollars raised by the few organizers actually used for?  I wonder where this money ended up…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

This isn't a religious question, nobody has invoked religion.  This is about ethics of body autonomy.

It's a religious question, or a philosophical question.  You take your pick.  It makes little difference to me.  

Judges don't make a fetus less human.   Ending a human life is ending a human life. 

Your definition of what is or isn't considered human life is fortunately not held above our legal and health care systems.  ?‍♂️

People invoke "women should have control over their bodies" except when it comes to vaccines where many seem perfectly happy to deny their control over their own body and health decisions, including our prime minister and his government.

People invoke "my body my choice" when it comes to vaccines, but then are perfectly happy to deny a women control over her own body when it comes to unwanted pregnancy.  If you were arguing in favor of abortion rights AND against vaccine mandates, then at least you'd be consistent, but you're not, are you?    

The monumental false-equivalence you draw between the two is blinding, at any rate.  Pushing folk to get a vaccine to protect themselves and their fellows during a health crisis is not even in the same realm as literally forcing women to bring their pregnancies to term, considering the health risks and impacts they're guaranteed to experience (not to mention the future obligations that come with it).  

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Oh well, I guess they figured it was enough of an emergency to warrant doing so. Sometimes it seems truckers are cast as being were like some hapless religious sector of the population singled out for special persecution - as I recall that they were already voluntarily 90% or better vaccinated even before the stupid convoy got started.

Seems there will always be an element of truth to that alright.  Apparently we live under a responsible government not a representative democratic one, or so I've been told.

Although it sucks COVID has provided some real insights into a number of important deficiencies on multiple often intertwined levels in our world.

Dude, our gov't went full fascist back when we all had legitimate questions about vax safety and efficacy, now we're 85% vaxed, deaths are up, and the gov't is paying out millions of dollars to people who were injured by the vax.

So tell me, Machiavellian one, did the end justify the means? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

It's a religious question, or a philosophical question.  You take your pick.  It makes little difference to me.

There sure is a difference since one is based on logic and ethics and the other is based on superstition backed by zero evidence.

Your definition of what is or isn't considered human life is fortunately not held above our legal and health care systems.  ?‍♂️

Science says a fetus is a human life.  The laws have decided its not legally "a person" with rights.

People invoke "my body my choice" when it comes to vaccines, but then are perfectly happy to deny a women control over her own body when it comes to unwanted pregnancy.

People invoke "my body my choice" when it comes to abortions, but then are perfectly happy to deny a woman control over her own body when it comes to unwanted vaccines.

The difference is that with a pregnancy there are 2 human bodies involved, and one is taking willful action to intentionally end the life of the other.

My best guess as to why you and others support mandatory vaccines and abortion rights despite the inherent contradictions is because both benefit you and you don't care about the rights of minorities in these cases.

The monumental false-equivalence you draw between the two is blinding, at any rate.  Pushing folk to get a vaccine to protect themselves and their fellows during a health crisis is not even in the same realm as literally forcing women to bring their pregnancies to term, considering the health risks and impacts they're guaranteed to experience (not to mention the future obligations that come with it).

Its not an employers responsibility to make general medical procedure choices for an individual, especially if it has absolutely nothing to do with their job.  It shouldn't even be in their rights to ask an employee about private medical questions like "what medical procedures have you had done".

You're the one advocating the right for someone to be able to kill an unborn child and the right for employers to require medicine to be injected with a needle into someone's bloodstream that they don't want.  The violence involved here that you're advocating is unfathomable.  I'm the one who doesn't think unborn babies should be killed or people inserted with needles if they don't want it.  Think about that for a sec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

But not my business...

Do you think you should have to fork over your medical records as a condition of employment?  And if you haven't undergone a medical procedure they want you to undergo, that this should be a requirement?  Even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the job?  Even if you work inside an isolated truck cab alone all day?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, our gov't went full fascist back when we all had legitimate questions about vax safety and efficacy, now we're 85% vaxed, deaths are up, and the gov't is paying out millions of dollars to people who were injured by the vax.

So tell me, Machiavellian one, did the end justify the means? 

New Dos Equis Guy Memes | Meme Memes, Beer Memes, Most-Interesting-Man Memes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

There sure is a difference since one is based on logic and ethics and the other is based on superstition backed by zero evidence.

Philosophy is logic based, but only sometimes evidence based - dealing more often with the unanswerable.  Whether or not a fetus is a human being with rights from the moment of conception onwards is one such question.  

Science says a fetus is a human life.  The laws have decided its not legally "a person" with rights.

No, that's not what "science says".  That's what some scientists say, and then some scientists don't.  

People invoke "my body my choice" when it comes to abortions, but then are perfectly happy to deny a woman control over her own body when it comes to unwanted vaccines.

We are going in circles here.  You're either pro-choice vaccines AND pro-choice abortion, or you're contradicting yourself.  You decide.  For me, I'd say the whole line of reasoning is junk.  The circumstances, risks and implications not even remotely comparable.  

Its not an employers responsibility to make general medical procedure choices for an individual, especially if it has absolutely nothing to do with their job.  It shouldn't even be in their rights to ask an employee about private medical questions like "what medical procedures have you had done".

Usually you're right, but It's the employer's responsibility to ensure a safe workspace.  During a public health crisis, that safety can certainly come into question and thus the Charter and the Law reasonably supports everything you're complaining about here.  As I've mentioned before, the Courts have resoundingly rejected the overwhelming majority of arguments against this.  

You're the one advocating the right for someone to be able to kill an unborn child

I don't consider an early-stage fetus a child, or a life, so I'm fairly comfortable in my logic here.  

and the right for employers to require medicine to be injected with a needle into someone's bloodstream that they don't want. 

In a dangerous pandemic environment?  Yep!

The violence involved here that you're advocating is unfathomable.  I'm the one who doesn't think unborn babies should be killed or people inserted with needles if they don't want it.  Think about that for a sec.

The ignorance and hysterics you're promoting are boring, tedious and played out.  I'm the one saying that women shouldn't be forced to risk their lives, bodies and futures for a baby they don't want to carry in their body.   Freeeedom (except for abortions) right?  

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Do you think you should have to fork over your medical records as a condition of employment?  And if you haven't undergone a medical procedure they want you to undergo, that this should be a requirement?  Even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the job?  Even if you work inside an isolated truck cab alone all day?

"Medical records" being proof of vaccination, sure.

Not if you work in isolation, but I don't know why Canada and the US cared about cross border trucking.  I assume that they wanted to lock down the border.

But the question about employment domain has been answered here.

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Tulsi sums up the anti-democratic nonsense underway in Canada quite well:

LOL

“Canada doesn’t have a 1st amendment.  USA is the best country in the world because we have a first amendment”.  

Grade school level arguments being made in that video.    That is what passes for “summing it up quite well” with you?   You have very low standards. 

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

LOL

“Canada doesn’t have a 1st amendment.  USA is the best country in the world because we have a first amendment”.  

Grade school level arguments being made in that video.    That is what passes for “summing it up quite well” with you?   You have very low standards. 

Only Canadian leftists like you are in denial of what most Americans and freedom-loving people around the world have seen unfold in Canada in the last couple of years.  It’s not too late for Canada to correct course, but I don’t see left-wing radicals like you changing your spots in this lifetime. 

14 minutes ago, West said:

"Using protests to demand change to public policy is something I think is worrisome"

-Justin Trudeau

Trudeau actually understated things.  Hardcore convoy protesters clearly hoped to use their protest to force change.  They had a manifesto calling for the resignation of the federal government and had no intention of leaving until the government agreed.

The so-called Freedom Convoy was never about truckers, or border mandates

https://www.trucknews.com/blogs/the-so-called-freedom-convoy-was-never-about-truckers-or-border-mandates/

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Only Canadian leftists like you are in denial of what most Americans and freedom-loving people around the world have seen unfold in Canada in the last couple of years.  It’s not too late for Canada to correct course, but I don’t see left-wing radicals like you changing your spots in this lifetime. 

The temporary COVID measures are gone.  Just like everyone, other than hysterical conspiracy nuts, said they’d be.  No one is allowed to set up camp and shut down a city…. do you think protestors in the USA have freedom to shut down cities?

24 minutes ago, West said:

"Using protests to demand change to public policy is something I think is worrisome"

-Justin Trudeau

He says dumb things all the time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, West said:

So what? 

Trudeau lost thr moral authority to lead when he started sounding like Adolf Hitler in the press. 

You lost any credibility when you fell into this sort of hysterical nonsense.  You seem to think this sort of over-emotional hyperbole is convincing.  

"Trudeau sounds like HITLER"

"CBC is FILTH"

"The leftwing LOOONS"

etc etc...I've no doubt you think this is compelling communication.  

What the rest of us are seeing is this:
Baby Tantrum GIFs | Tenor

Go get a job.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Most Canadians are so steeped in radical left identity politics groupthink that they don’t see how narrow the “acceptable” public discourse is now in Canada.  Most Canadians are scared to question or think for themselves.  They think government should take care of them like helpless babies and government happily treats them as such.  Canada has the government it deserves.  Want more pluralism and freedom of thought?  Sorry, you’ll probably need to leave the country for that.

The solutions to failed healthcare are more assisted suicide and legalization of hard drugs.  The solution to political criticism of government is to say the opposition has “unacceptable views”.

Liberals will likely get re-elected and rights will be further watered down.  Want to push back?  Expect to lose your job or face a “human rights” tribunal.  Trudeau’s Canada is Cuba North.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Most Canadians are so steeped in radical left identity politics groupthink that they don’t see how narrow the “acceptable” public discourse is now in Canada.  Most Canadians are scared to question or think for themselves.  They think government should take care of them like helpless babies and government happily treats them as such.  Canada has the government it deserves.  Want more pluralism and freedom of thought?  Sorry, you’ll probably need to leave the country for that.

The solutions to failed healthcare are more assisted suicide and legalization of hard drugs.  The solution to political criticism of government is to say the opposition has “unacceptable views”.

Liberals will likely get re-elected and rights will be further watered down.  Want to push back?  Expect to lose your job or face a “human rights” tribunal.  Trudeau’s Canada is Cuba North.

there is no escape from this collapse, as it is happening everywhere at once

America, Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand & Europe

because at the core, it is a global financial & economic crisis

the collapse has in fact already happened, in 2008

the entire global financial system was revealed to be completely fraudulent

the banks & financial institutions were so corrupt, they couldn't even prevent themselves from going bankrupt

the collateral debt obligations on trillions of dollars of debt caused the money supply itself to seize up

a global economy which is based entirely on a massive credit bubble, was too afriad to lend any money at all

it was the brink of a deflationary spiral on the scale of the Great Depression or worse

cascading defaults were already in progress, global corporations went insolvent overnight

even the money market funds were locked up

people would have gone to pay for things, or to withdraw money,  and the money wouldn't have been paid

it would have been mass panic, bank runs, currency collapses, sovereign defaults

the entire global economy would have deflated in lockstep

like the Wiemar Republic, except in every country at the same time

the "solution" was for the central banks to flood the system with trillions of new dollars, to restore liquidity

but this did not solve the problem, it simply staved off the consequences temporarily

in the meantime, governments and associated entrenched interests have been preparing for the next phase

the crisis can return at any moment without warning

so the governments & associated entrenched interests have two priorities

one is to deflect the blame, they need scapegoats to be blamed for the crisis, other than themselves

the other is to stave off the inevitable populists revolts

on the margins, they can see that this has already begun, in places like Kazakhstan & Sri Lanka

they know that will spread to the first world rapidly upon the resumption of crisis

so the political imperatives of this era have simply become divide & conquer

even Putin's war in Ukraine has been incited by the crisis

the Russian economy was already teetering into deflation back in 2014

so Putin's solution was to start a war, so he could blame the war for any hardships to follow

governments in the West have now jumped on this bandwagon, also blaming the war in Ukraine for same

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/michael-higgins-clueless-union-demands-47-raise-from-clueless-liberals

here we see PSAC demanding a 47% increase in compensation over three years

the headline is that such a demand is "totally unreasonable"

but in actual fact, 50% probably does represent the precipitous loss in spending power in just a few short years

what happened ?

what is the difference ?

the difference is that from 2008-2018 the crisis was contained to the banks

the monetary stimulus was going entirely to prop the banks up, that money was not flowing unto the streets

but in 2019 governments initiated massive fiscal stimulus

the central banks started pumping trillions of new dollars into the retail economy

and that has broken the dam, the crisis has escaped from the banks unto the streets

so more than ever, keeping control of the population, keeping the populist revolt in check, is the imperative

people are being forced to pay $3000.00 a month to rent a semi-detached

that's like paying a mortgage on a fully detached home at 18% interest

asset holders are being protected by the central banks, so the renters are being made to pay the piper

homeless encampments are growing, tent cities springing up all over

the Silent Depression is already in progress

• Like 1