Trucker's Convoy

West

17 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sadly surveillance was already underway with Facebook.   Creepy stuff.

Surveillance of Facebook?

Creepy? Don't you think that people that post on Facebook  and other social media are doing it to be noticed and are susceptible to be seen and read by all ? Social media is not private and if you say or do something stupid and illegal on them, you will be either reported or caught.

You use social media and you are now public.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Surveillance of Facebook?

Creepy? Don't you think that people that post on Facebook  and other social media are doing it to be noticed and are susceptible to be seen and read by all ? Social media is not private and if you say or do something stupid and illegal on them, you will be either reported or caught.

You use social media and you are now public.

The FBI literally gave Zuckerberg an award.  They basically turn everything over to the FBI.   What’s more, Zuckerberg is trying to profit off locking everyone down through Meta.  You get a virtual office and an avatar so you can sit in front of a computer and live your life apart from the other biohazards and carbon footprints.  He also wants education in this format.  Stop exercising, watch a screen, stay away from humans, take pharmaceuticals to cope, and die.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Stop exercising, watch a screen, stay away from humans, take pharmaceuticals to cope, and die.  

well, I get plenty of exercise at work, lifting steel all day

the screen is the only place I can connect with like minded fellow travellers like you

I don't go to the pubs to meet humans anymore, since you can't smoke there in this nanny police state

I'm getting old now, the arthritis is in my hands & knees, so I do pop some painkillers to work, I'll admit

I'm not on Facebook tho, I only come here to post

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

well, I get plenty of exercise at work, lifting steel all day

the screen is the only place I can connect with like minded fellow travellers like you

I don't go to the pubs to meet humans anymore, since you can't smoke there in this nanny police state

I'm getting old now, the arthritis is in my hands & knees, so I do pop some painkillers to work, I'll admit

I'm not on Facebook tho, I only come here to post

I hear you, but we have to get out and join the land of the living, rub elbows with a variety of folks and opinions, and be in nature for restoration.  The computer only takes us so far.  

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The FBI literally gave Zuckerberg an award.  They basically turn everything over to the FBI.   What’s more, Zuckerberg is trying to profit off locking everyone down through Meta.  You get a virtual office and an avatar so you can sit in front of a computer and live your life apart from the other biohazards and carbon footprints.  He also wants education in this format.  Stop exercising, watch a screen, stay away from humans, take pharmaceuticals to cope, and die.  

Do not ever take off that tinfoil hat LOL

Look, Facebook and social media in general is an open book Anyone and every one can find things about you and if you have some computer and maybe programming smarts, you get more.

You can complain all you want about Zuckerberg (most is untrue) and Facebook but the fact is that people are using it on their own free will.

Zuckerberg is a business man, he sees what people are doing, offers stuff and they eat it up. Can't blame him for giving folks what they want. As the great man once said, "There is a Zucker born every minute"  :)

37 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

oi, look at what it says on the DeSantis podium

yeehaw

YKLB664MYFG6RKLUBVIFYML3AI.jpg?_a=ATO2BA

Yeah, here it is. He supports Canadian truckers protest but... NIMBY..... LOL

"If such a protest took place in Florida, the protesters would be removed and charged in violation of Florida’s new “Combating Public Disorder” law, HB 1. Among its many definitions of public disorder, the law prohibits: 

• Willfully obstructing the free, convenient and normal use of a public street, highway or road by impeding, hindering, stifling, retarding, or restraining traffic or passage by standing on or remaining in the street, highway, or road."

Hee Haw LOL

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/opinion/2022/02/12/desantis-against-florida-protests-but-backs-canadian-truckers/6724606001/

Edited by ExFlyer

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yeah, here it is. He supports Canadian truckers protest but... NIMBY..... LOL

"If such a protest took place in Florida, the protesters would be removed and charged in violation of Florida’s new “Combating Public Disorder” law, HB 1. Among its many definitions of public disorder, the law prohibits: 

• Willfully obstructing the free, convenient and normal use of a public street, highway or road by impeding, hindering, stifling, retarding, or restraining traffic or passage by standing on or remaining in the street, highway, or road."

Hee Haw LOL

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/opinion/2022/02/12/desantis-against-florida-protests-but-backs-canadian-truckers/6724606001/

DeSantis should definitely crack down on protesters in Florida

because those will be Democrats

support the Canadian freedom movement

crush the Democrat traitors to the republic

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

DeSantis should definitely crack down on protesters in Florida

because those will be Democrats

support the Canadian freedom movement

crush the Democrat traitors to the republic

Chuckle....  support truckers as long as they don't come to my house LOL

Weren't the truckers conservatives??

DeSantis is a farce. On his knees in front of Trump.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Weren't the truckers conservatives??

I don't think they were particularly conservative on the aggregate

seemed to be a coalition of conservatives & liberals against the extreme government overreach of Trudeau

I would say that most of them would have been Liberals in the past probably, Chretien Liberals

Trudeau has simply taken the party so far to the lunatic left, that he is leaving the centre wide open

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trudeau, convoy leaders expected to testify at inquiry into use of Emergencies Act

"The public inquiry into the federal government’s unprecedented use of the Emergencies Act during 'Freedom Convoy' protests last winter begins on Thursday, Oct. 13 and dozens of witnesses, including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and high-profile convoy organizers, are expected to testify.

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/local-news/trudeau-convoy-leaders-expected-to-testify-at-inquiry-into-use-of-emergencies-act-5934565?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AutoPilot

Edited by ExFlyer

Five things to know as the Emergencies Act public inquiry gets underway

The inquiry into the federal government’s unprecedented use of the Emergencies Act during 'Freedom Convoy' protests last winter will start public hearings on Thursday. Here are five things to know about it: 

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/local-news/five-things-to-know-as-the-emergencies-act-public-inquiry-gets-underway-5934890?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AutoPilot

17 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Five things to know as the Emergencies Act public inquiry gets underway

The inquiry into the federal government’s unprecedented use of the Emergencies Act during 'Freedom Convoy' protests last winter will start public hearings on Thursday. Here are five things to know about it: 

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/local-news/five-things-to-know-as-the-emergencies-act-public-inquiry-gets-underway-5934890?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AutoPilot

Here are the main takeaways from the article, actually:

1. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau named Ontario Appeal Court Justice Paul Rouleau as the inquiry’s commissioner. 

2. Over the summer, individuals and groups could apply for standing in the inquiry, and Rouleau determined the final list.

3. The commission’s public hearings are expected to last six weeks, ending on Nov. 25.

In other words, Trudeau's own hand-picked judge will steer the process, and it will be done hastily. The term 'politically expedient' comes to mind...

expedient
ADJECTIVE
If it is expedient to do something, it is useful or convenient to do it, even though it may not be morally right. [...]

DING DING DING!!!!! That suits Trudeau almost perfectly!

The only improvement would be if it ended with "even though it is morally atrocious."

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Here are the main takeaways from the article, actually:

1. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau named Ontario Appeal Court Justice Paul Rouleau as the inquiry’s commissioner. 

2. Over the summer, individuals and groups could apply for standing in the inquiry, and Rouleau determined the final list.

3. The commission’s public hearings are expected to last six weeks, ending on Nov. 25.

In other words, Trudeau's own hand-picked judge will steer the process, and it will be done hastily. The term 'politically expedient' comes to mind...

DING DING DING!!!!! That suits Trudeau almost perfectly!

The only improvement would be if it ended with "even though it is morally atrocious."

Boo Hoo  

LOL

Just now, WestCanMan said:

You live on the wrong side of history just running your mouth and then you talk about other people being small lol.

History??

I live with history in my rear view mirror, that is why I can move forward as opposed to you, stuck on the little trucker pimple on historys ass. LOL

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I live with history in my rear view mirror, that is why I can move forward  

History is pointless without context.... People be like "You mow your lawn ?!? THE NAZIS DID THAT !"

Yes we arrest protestors sometimes, but that doesn't make this Stalin's USSR folks....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think in democracy this is called an 'oopsie'.   Anyway she was fine and anyone who engages in discussion via photo is betting that an emotional response might overtake an intelligent one.

Keep posting those pics if you have nothing else.

Not Staliny enough for you, hey? Did you cheer at the time?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

History??

I live with history in my rear view mirror, that is why I can move forward as opposed to you, stuck on the little trucker pimple on historys ass. LOL

The stupid things you say today become part of history. 

You're always on the wrong side of it, that's why you're actually "the pimple on the ass of society". 

EG, you supported vax-Naziism, and now that you know the vax is a flop, you're trying to weasel out of it by pretending that you were/are a 'live and let live' guy. 

When you say "I wasn't a vax-Nazi, I supported people's right to informed consent" that's an example of you trying to get on the right side of history.

Now ya know. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think in democracy this is called an 'oopsie'.   Anyway she was fine and anyone who engages in discussion via photo is betting that an emotional response might overtake an intelligent one.

Keep posting those pics if you have nothing else.

It's not a "pic", it's evidence of just how fascist our gov't actually is.

Inconvenient for some ?

• Like 3