Trucker's Convoy

West

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG, so you're just acknowledging that you don't understand percentages. 

Scientific American's article, and your vaunted new catchphrase 'base rate fallacy', would have applied if I was saying "There are twice as many covid deaths among the vaxed, that's proof that the vax doesn't work!" and you came back with "Nearly 6x as many people are vaxed, so the number of deaths are way out of proportion to the number of unvaxed! You just belched out a base rate fallacy, magnificent one! I finally got one up on you!!!"

Here's the thing though, there are 5.666 times as many covid deaths among the multi-vaxxed and there are 5.666 times as many multi-vaxxed people. Do you get it? 85% vaxed and 85% of our deaths are among the vaxed. It's the exact same thing that you'd expect if you gave 85% of the people a Pflacebo. They die at the exact same rate as the unvaxed.

SIMPLE MATH. VERY, VERY SIMPLE percentages. Yet you still don't even understand it after having it explained to you twice. 

Please. The poor fellow only counts fishes. ;) 

• Haha 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

He doesn't understand what his acceptance and support actually means, just like he doesn't understand why the death by vax status stats started on Dec 14 of 2020. 

It's the same reason why he's a leftist in the first place. 

Ukraine has a bit of a history of going all in with the Nazis in the past.

https://www.realhistoryonline.com/soldiers/14thss-division-galicia/

While many Ukrainians eventually realized the horrible truth re: their position in the Third Reich (less than dog-do), many also sided with the invading Germans. Babi Yar (et al) is also a bit of a whoops...don't pay attention to THAT moment for Ukraine.

They'd prefer we all forget...NOW if possible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

They'd prefer we all forget...NOW if possible.

You don't have to ask leftists to ignore inconvenient facts. If it wasn't on CNN or CTV it doesn't exist to them, period.

Explaining quantum physics to an ant would be more productive than introducing facts to leftists. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Yeah, your opinion, but you're matching up your opinion against cold, hard facts. 

The Azovs are actual Nazis with Nazi tattoos. Zelensky did imprison opposition members and there is only 1 media allowed in Ukraine now. 

Zelensky is an actual fascist in charge of actual Nazis who committed actual war crimes.

You're a Nazi supporter whether you want to acknowledge it or not. 

Yeah right.

A flaky response from a flaky person.

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You don't have to ask leftists to ignore inconvenient facts. If it wasn't on CNN or CTV it doesn't exist to them, period.

Explaining quantum physics to an ant would be more productive than introducing facts to leftists. 

Who ignores real facts?

Some, like me, do not care about Ukraine.

46 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Physician, heal thyself.

Ha!, Nice retort...NOT Ha!

44 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You do. You call them 'banter' and you can't interpret basic graphs with the dates and numbers right on them. 

A lot of this is just over your head, sorry to say. 

Real facts are never over my head.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2022 at 1:36 PM, ExFlyer said:

Who cares?? Besides you and a few here.

Long gone, long over, long forgotten, blip in history. Get over it and move on..... if you can LOL

"the real trucker hero's" were the ones still working, keeping the economy flowing.

200 accounts and you have no idea who they are. LOL

"And you think that the convoy truckers", actually, I don't even give a thought about the convoy losers. Why? It's over and done with except for the few awaiting court dates LOL

Give up dude, I do not care and you keep blathering away at me. You cannot even learn you are losing your argument with me because I could not care less about the truckers convoy. All wasted effort. LOL

What the Marxist government in Ottawa did to those truckers and their supporters should never be forgotten. 

The other truckers who kept working were truckers who could careless about their own rights and freedoms. They were a bunch of wimps and cowards. 

What was done to those truckers and their supporters by having their bank accounts and credit cards frozen was a crime against all Canadians. Only communists would do something like that. But you are not bright enough to see the communism in all of this. Probably because you are a communist? 

I would sure love to see the day when the communists in Ottawa froze your bank account over something. I don't think that you would like that happening to you, eh? Because it happened to someone else that you do not care about, well that is okay with you. You are the loser alright. 

Well, if I keep blathering away at you well then why don't you just stop replying to my posts then? What is wrong with you? Are you a sucker and do you keep enjoying me kicking your butt? Shut the hell up and go away. Goodbye. ?  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, taxme said:

What the Marxist government in Ottawa did to those truckers and their supporters should never be forgotten. 

The other truckers who kept working were truckers who could careless about their own rights and freedoms. They were a bunch of wimps and cowards. 

What was done to those truckers and their supporters by having their bank accounts and credit cards frozen was a crime against all Canadians. Only communists would do something like that. But you are not bright enough to see the communism in all of this. Probably because you are a communist? 

I would sure love to see the day when the communists in Ottawa froze your bank account over something. I don't think that you would like that happening to you, eh? Because it happened to someone else that you do not care about, well that is okay with you. You are the loser alright. 

Well, if I keep blathering away at you well then why don't you just stop replying to my posts then? What is wrong with you? Are you a sucker and do you keep enjoying me kicking your butt? Shut the hell up and go away. Goodbye. ?  

By that standard I was a wimp too. I could have stopped closed up shop and driven from Langley to Ottawa and slept in my car for a few weeks. I just wasn't in any position to be able to do that. Kids, mtg, etc. 

The people who travelled a long way to Ottawa are exceptional, probably the best of our generation. They'll be remembered long after you and I are goners. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, taxme said:

What the Marxist government ....

....... Goodbye. ?  

So,the tens of thousands of truckers that kept working and did not play in the convoy fiasco pool are "wimps and losers"?

Yup, your argument gets more and more feeble and insulting to working Canadians every time you post. Sad, so sad you need to insult hard working Canadian truckers. :(

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

So,the tens of thousands of truckers that kept working and did not play in the convoy fiasco pool are "wimps and losers"?

Yup, your argument gets more and more feeble and insulting to working Canadians every time you post. Sad, so sad you need to insult hard working Canadian truckers. :(

His point was that it required courage and strength to really make a stand, yet it was a critically important stance.  Most people simply couldn’t afford the risk or were too scared to make the sacrifice.  I do think if it wasn’t for the protests we’d see more government controls in place.  Imprisoning the population and using surveillance and police to maintain it is an ancient form of oppression, but our technology and digital economy have brought new dystopian possibilities to totalitarianism.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

His point was that it required courage and strength to really make a stand, yet it was a critically important stance.  Most people simply couldn’t afford the risk or were too scared to make the sacrifice.  I do think if it wasn’t for the protests we’d see more government controls in place.  Imprisoning the population and using surveillance and police to maintain it is an ancient form of oppression, but our technology and digital economy have brought new dystopian possibilities to totalitarianism.

No, it required laziness and having nothing to do but to hang around for 3+ weeks drinking and partying.

The news crews (not all Canadian) asked a number of people what they were there for and the answers were like a comedy show. Most had no idea of the original intent (which had merit but was quickly lost).

The fact is, the only place that still speaks about it, court cases notwithstanding, is here, on this forum and by the few "beliebers" on this forum.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No, it required laziness and having nothing to do but to hang around for 3+ weeks drinking and partying.

The news crews (not all Canadian) asked a number of people what they were there for and the answers were like a comedy show. Most had no idea of the original intent (which had merit but was quickly lost).

The fact is, the only place that still speaks about it, court cases notwithstanding, is here, on this forum and by the few "beliebers" on this forum.

Totally disagree.  The Convoy was an internationally significant event that forced governments to back off of mandates and restrictions.  If you don’t see that, I can’t help you.  

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Totally disagree.  The Convoy was an internationally significant event that forced governments to back off of mandates and restrictions.  If you don’t see that, I can’t help you.  

Your have a right to disagree but fact is it is so long gone that one on cares any more (except by those awaiting court dates and a few here).

Be real about the mandates eh? They were reduced (by the provinces) and by the feds when they saw fit. The travel ones are just being dropped now (7 months after the convoy). The convoy did nothing to speed up the lifting of restrictions. You are dreaming if you think they did LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Imprisoning the population and using surveillance and police to maintain it is an ancient form of oppression, but our technology and digital economy have brought new dystopian possibilities to totalitarianism.

This technology has also brought the possibility of making totalitarianism impossible, all we need to do is turn the Telescreens around.

“The moral to be drawn from this dangerous nightmare situation is a simple one. Don't let it happen. It depends on you.”

George Orwell

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

This was a battle for rights and freedoms for all Canadians. Those convoy truckers lost plenty of money also. It would have been okay the other truckers had of joined the protest by staying away from work for at least two weeks. That would have helped out tremendously. But it is too late now. 

19 hours ago, taxme said:

This was a battle for rights and freedoms for all Canadians. Those convoy truckers lost plenty of money also. It would have been okay the other truckers had of joined the protest by staying away from work for at least two weeks. That would have helped out tremendously. But it is too late now. 

May very well have been but it became dog and pony show that was not acceptable to the Ottawa public. They got an injunction and the protesters at that point made a choice, unfortunate the wrong one. I dare say that of the ones that occupied the streets, very very few we actual truckers. Lots of hangar ons. Even the organizers were not truckers. And, real truckers were not there.

So, in the end, they were not glorified but vilified by the public at large. Yes, there were supporters but, they were small in number and belligerent and that did not endear them to the public.

Hence, it has become a blip in the year of  regular and  numerous protests and events in Ottawa and no one (with a few exceptions) really give a rats ass about the "truckers convoy" anymore.

It could have been a very useful and important protest but a few clowns screwed the purpose and intent.

This is not to start or continue and argument. This is my take on it (I live in Ottawa) . The only place I see or hear or read anything about the convoy is here, on this forum. Only when one of the organizers is going to court or gets extension to court dates is there any mention.

Edited by ExFlyer

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It's very frightening to see your own government being able to freeze ones bank account or credit cards. This is what they do in communist China. It's called the social credit score system, and if someone upsets the government in any manner, their bank accounts could/would be frozen.

We are entering dangerous territory here in Canada. If the government can freeze bank accounts what else will they do to anyone that they do not agree with? This Marxist thug in Ottawa needs to be arrested, charged  and thrown into some gulag for his crimes against Canadians and crimes against humanity. Those truckers were the real hero's here who risked everything to do what they did. ?