Trucker's Convoy

West

$1 million in Covid fines tossed out in major legal victory | True North (tnc.news)

I think this will open the way for businesses who were forced to close during lockdowns and during the convoy protest in Ottawa to sue the government for damages.

It means the government will finally be forced to provide the particulars of what experts or studies they were following in enforcing lockdowns, quarantining and forcing business closures.

In July, the Alberta Court of Appeals overturned fines for jailed Pastor Artur Pawlowski. 

A ruling by Justice Barbara Lea Veldhuis, Justice Michelle Crighton and Justice Jo’ Anne Strekaf ordered Alberta Health Services (AHS) to reimburse Pawlowski any fines or penalties he had paid for disobeying public health orders. 

“The Pawlowskis’ appeals are allowed. The finding of contempt and the sanction order are set aside. The fines that have been paid by them are to be reimbursed,“ the judges wrote.

“The chambers judge awarded costs to AHS payable by the Pawlowskis jointly in the amount of $15,733.50, calculated at 2.5 times column 1. That costs award is set aside and the Pawlowskis are awarded their costs payable by AHS in the proceedings below and in this Court calculated on the same basis.”

Now that much of it has been ruled unconstitutional, this changes a lot of things.  At the very least, I hope the government will think twice about imposing restrictions and rules that have no basis in science and are only politically and financially expedient for themselves. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Left wing US media influencer Beri Weiss has included this journalist in her Common Sense Substack platform (highly recommended for people interested in uncensored journalism):

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-subramanya-how-ottawa-exploited-our-fear-to-limit-our-liberties/wcm/1bf02519-6c31-4386-a234-260abfc74238/amp/

I like that Rupa admits that her thinking has changed and that it was the atmosphere of irrational fear that created her original beliefs on covid and the restrictions imposed.

Once that is acknowledged, it's hard not to question what else we've been lied to about or been psychologically fearmongered into accepting.

As a matter of principle, forcing people to get vaccinated against their will could only ever be justified, that too in extremis, when there’s a serious negative externality involved. If one person not getting vaccinated significantly increases the possibility of others getting the virus, one could make a public health argument for vaccination on that basis, weighing that against the deprivation of individual liberty. In retrospect, I’m sceptical that this made much sense even before Omicron, since we now know that a significant number of “breakthrough” infections were occurring. With Omicron, this argument is much less valid. 

That’s the rational explanation. But if I think back to last spring and summer as the Delta wave ravaged the country where I was born, India, like many others I had succumbed to a narrative of fear. We were told that unless we all got vaccinated immediately, the sky would fall in on us. And obviously mandates added teeth to this fear: choosing not to get vaccinated would mean you might be out of a job or unable to travel.

Fear does something to you, even to those of us who consider themselves to be rational and not swayed by hysteria.

A few weeks, later, the Freedom Convoy protests rolled into Ottawa. On my first day, walking the streets of Ottawa, I was amidst throngs of hundreds or thousands of protesters, all of them unmasked and in close proximity, and these people were not fearful. I realized myself that I had been living under a shadow of fear, which was no longer rational, given that I was triple vaccinated and had recovered from Omicron and possibly from even an earlier infection in 2020 when Covid hadn’t been officially identified in Canada. I asked myself, what then was there to be afraid of?

For honest people who were psy-opsed into irrational fear, they will one day feel very ashamed of the glee with which they gloated at receiving "special privileges" for obedient compliance with unscientific, clearly political restrictions and the cheerleading they did for them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Goddess said:

That's good news for me.

We have an acquaintance who's a travel agent and he told us that we could cross the border and just do a covid test when we got back and we'd be free and clear.

Nope, turns out that we are supposed to quarantine for 14 days now. This is day 4.

The amount of fines that the threaten you with is ridiculous. $5,000 is an entry-level fine, but they talk about $750,000 and million-dollar fines as well.

If you can believe this, you could go to orgies, sporting events and walk around in airports all over the world if you have the pseudovax, and then you can go anywhere and do anything when you get back. But if you don't play their game, and you drive 20 minutes south of the border and come back 4 hours later, you have to quarantine for 14 days.

Our gov't also let people fly in from Wuhan, before we even had covid here, and they could walk around and do anything that they pleased as well.

The only people who have to suffer any covid restrictions are the ones who didn't get sucked in by the bullshit Pflacebo.

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

For honest people who were psy-opsed into irrational fear, they will one day feel very ashamed of the glee with which they gloated at receiving "special privileges" for obedient compliance with unscientific, clearly political restrictions and the cheerleading they did for them.

I'm actually hoping that the jab causes zombification.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 12.08.51 PM.png

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm actually hoping that the jab causes zombification.

I'm just hoping that the censored doctors and scientists are incorrect about huge swathes of vaccinated people dying from various causes due to lack of immunity and being unable to fight off basic infections and diseases in the next 2-5 years. We are beginning the second year now of increased unexplained and sudden deaths in children and working age people all over the world.   The spike protein has already been shown to interfere with the receptors that block cancer cells from taking over and oncologists all over the world are reporting explosions of rapidly progressing aggressive cancers and returning cancers in vaccinated people long in remission.

I'm hoping they are incorrect, but so far they have been correct in predicting things like: the vaccines would not prevent spread or infection, heart issues and neurological functioning would be affected, and that governmental restrictions, lockdowns and mandates had no basis in science and were only being used to gain power and control.

This is all coming out now and I see the cognitive dissonance in full bloom in many on this forum.

• Sad 1

Plus that they wish to continue with mandatory boosters. Why? To make sure you're dead?

It would be crazy talk if not for the language coming-out of these leaders that ultimately mean eliminating billions of people. Useless eaters and such. Buying-up farmland and putting severe restrictions on anything in private hands. Can we go with 50% less food? 50% less heating? The various Trudeau supporters must think so. Well...they think YOU can, anyways.

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Six identical replies . . . . . drunk again?  

Not at all. I just figured if Nazis and commies we're threatening to take over North America there would have been a little resistance but apparently not. It's already happened without a single shot bring fired either way which is really surprising.

26 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Plus that they wish to continue with mandatory boosters. Why? To make sure you're dead?

It would be crazy talk if not for the language coming-out of these leaders that ultimately mean eliminating billions of people. Useless eaters and such. Buying-up farmland and putting severe restrictions on anything in private hands. Can we go with 50% less food? 50% less heating?

Maybe with 50% people?

a trucker pulled up to my dock at work today

fully customized rig, tight

I remembered him from the Convoy,

I saw him giving speeches on youtube up on the stage in Ottawa

so I says hello and we got to talking about the movement

man, he was cursing that Jagmeet Singh

for selling out to the Liberals

I told him who I was, and that V4F was behind him 100%

he grabs my hand to shake it, slaps me on the back

"proud of you" he says

God bless, says I

nice way to close out the week

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

$1 million in Covid fines tossed out in major legal victory | True North (tnc.news)

I think this will open the way for businesses who were forced to close during lockdowns and during the convoy protest in Ottawa to sue the government for damages.

It means the government will finally be forced to provide the particulars of what experts or studies they were following in enforcing lockdowns, quarantining and forcing business closures.

Now that much of it has been ruled unconstitutional, this changes a lot of things.  At the very least, I hope the government will think twice about imposing restrictions and rules that have no basis in science and are only politically and financially expedient for themselves. 

Yeah, not gonna believe True North. Will wait to see real information.
Having said that, I am not surprised if it is true. Always did say most will be thrown out.

Only 3 businesses in all of Ontario businesses. Not exactly and overwhelming victory LOL

Crown drops charges against seven Freedom Convoy protestors | Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (jccf.ca)

Bit of info from the bottom of the article:

The Justice Centre will be participating in the Emergencies Act inquiry, and will make evidentiary, factual and legal submissions, submit policy papers, suggest and cross-examine witnesses, and/or participate in policy roundtables and deliberations. The public hearing will be livestreamed starting September 19, 2022.

30 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Bit of info from the bottom of the article:

The Justice Centre will be participating in the Emergencies Act inquiry, and will make evidentiary, factual and legal submissions, submit policy papers, suggest and cross-examine witnesses, and/or participate in policy roundtables and deliberations. The public hearing will be livestreamed starting September 19, 2022.

I'm still a bit upset that the gov't kiboshed the Emergencies Act before the Senate got to do it to them.

Canadians would have been blown away if the Senate actually achieved something, and it would have been a huge black eye for our gov't if they were the only gov't in the last 100 years that had to be stopped by the Senate.

In the end, all that the Senate really go to do was have a few members excoriate the Libs for their ridiculous abuse of power.

Makes ya wonder though, could our Senate eventually throw a real monkey wrench into our gov't's constant overreach?

I wonder if the Libs will start a push to abolish the Senate now. 

Edited by WestCanMan

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I wonder if the Libs will start a push to abolish the Senate now. 

I used to think the Senate should be abolished.  They really don't accomplish much and the salaries are astronomical.

When I saw their response to the Act being invoked, I think now maybe....maybe....they are our failsafe when we have an out-of-control government.

I need to research more what powers they would have to get rid of a PM who is clearly going Postal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I used to think the Senate should be abolished.  They really don't accomplish much and the salaries are astronomical.

When I saw their response to the Act being invoked, I think now maybe....maybe....they are our failsafe when we have an out-of-control government.

I'm basically on exactly the same page.

I thought the Senate was just a rubber stamp club. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw them come galloping in on a white horse.  

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:29 PM, ExFlyer said:

Canadian trucker patriots were working. Vaccinated and crossing the borders.They kept the economy going. Kudos to the real true trucker patriots. I applaud them.

You have no idea as to what a real patriot is nor what real freedom is really all about. The truckers were being denied their rights because they were not vaccinated. That was what they were fighting about. And millions of Canadians supported them. I applauded all of them. 

There were tens of thousands of Canadians who were unable to fly or take a train in Canada because they were not vaccinated. That was criminal. So, are you going to now try and say that those Canadians who did not get vaccinated were unpatriotic and those who did get vaccinated are patriots? 

Anyway, I would say that most of those truckers that continued to work while other truckers were fighting for their rights and freedoms were to gutless to stand up with their trucker brethren. Those patriotic truckers lost plenty of income. But you could careless about real patriotism in Canada. But lefty liberal non-patriots like you are like that, don't we all know. If comrades like you do not support their fight for freedoms then they should all be denied their right to peaceful assembly. 

Now get out there when the next pro abortion rally comes along. But in my world, and if I were the dicktator of Canada, I would have you pro abortion baby killers all arrested and thrown in the gulag. Screw you and your rights and freedoms, comrade. ?

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:32 PM, ExFlyer said:

Ha! Is that all ya got. Pretty feeble.

What is even more feeble is you keep coming back to try and up me. Epic fail. Have you not noticed that by now?

You keep on keeping on and so will I.

I am one conservative that is not afraid to "up you" and take on a commie Turdeau loving loser like you. I know that I can make an ass of you anytime i want to, and I do, and it shows. But I still do not get it as to why you keep taking your well deserved kick up the ass? Your commie butt has to be pretty black and blue by now. When will you ever learn? After you cannot sit down anymore? Your replies are just so feeble. ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, taxme said:

The truckers were being denied their rights because they were not vaccinated. That was what they were fighting about.

The fact that you have to explain that to someone might be a clue that there's not much point talking to them.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, ExFlyer said:

Yup, they sure did. Sucks to be them.

I am with the story... my story.

It takes a buffoon to recognize one if their own :)

Keep em coming taxboy :)

I think that it really sucks to be you. All you lefty liberals are nothing more than a bunch of Marxist Turdeau sucks. Your story really sucks. All lies and hoaxes that are easily proved wrong all the time. 

It looks like another lefty liberal buffoon like you has just bit the MSM dust. His lefty name was Brian Stelter. So, what are you going to do now without old fat dough boy gone? Are you going to have a Krispie Kream donut party for the fat boy? 

Taxme will keep them coming. Keep bringing your lefty liberal shit on, man. I love it. ?

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The fact that you have to explain that to someone might be a clue that there's not much point talking to them.

Real truckers were vaccinated and working and helping the economy. Full stop, period, fact.

Wannabes, with nothing to do, hung around.

Edited by ExFlyer

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

I am one conservative that is not afraid to "up you" and take on a commie Turdeau loving loser like you. I know that I can make an ass of you anytime i want to, and I do, and it shows. But I still do not get it as to why you keep taking your well deserved kick up the ass? Your commie butt has to be pretty black and blue by now. When will you ever learn? After you cannot sit down anymore? Your replies are just so feeble. ?

I don't like Trudeau but I don't like panic artist conspiracy theorists like you even more.

All you have left is to demean, besmirch and call names. Pretty sad for you to be in such a low state :)

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

I think that it really sucks to be you. All you lefty liberals are nothing more than a bunch of Marxist Turdeau sucks. Your story really sucks. All lies and hoaxes that are easily proved wrong all the time. 

It looks like another lefty liberal buffoon like you has just bit the MSM dust. His lefty name was Brian Stelter. So, what are you going to do now without old fat dough boy gone? Are you going to have a Krispie Kream donut party for the fat boy? 

Taxme will keep them coming. Keep bringing your lefty liberal shit on, man. I love it. ?

Aha, Ha Ha Ha.

You really gotta keep on.

Must be getting tired of the same old routine and not getting anywhere with changing my mind or tune? Go ahead, keep wasting your breath. Even your cohorts are telling you that you are barking up the wrong tree :)

Some people, like you, just don't learn when they are defeated in their cause :)