Trucker's Convoy

West

15 minutes ago, Goddess said:

This discussion has been going on over 400 pages, since January and inspired similar convoys all over the world, including farmers now.

Where all the peeps at who commented around the first page, that this would all be forgotten within days?

400 pages on this forum. The rest of the country and world cares very little. They care even less about a trucker debacle in Ottawa.

It is frgotten by all except for a dozen or so on this forum.

The farmers issues in Netherlands is completely different. It is the government imposing restrictions on fertilizers and cow shit to save their ecologically damaged waterways.

57 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OK so...WestCanMan is right. But the problem I think ExFlyer has is...apathy. 

There isn't any doubt the measures ol' Pixie-Dust used were over the top, likely illegal, and of course...cowardly.

As for the vaccines...many of us suspected they weren't really safe or necessary. Now we know that our suspicions were generally correct.

Apathy toward this issue only tells the government that they can do whatever they want...to whomever...whenever suits them.

That would be a shitty result.

No?

Actually, apathy towards this issue is exactly that, "lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern." by most of the world except for a marginal few here on this forum.

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The rest of the country and world cares very little.

It is frgotten by all except for a dozen or so on this forum.

The farmers issues in Netherlands is completely different. It is the government imposing restrictions on fertilizers and cow shit to save their ecologically damaged waterways.

You don't speak for everyone.  LOL  You don't even speak for yourself, since here you are - 400 pages later.  ?  If you really didn't care, why are you anywhere on this thread?

Yes, I'm well aware of the Netherlands and Germany and all the other countries - which is why I said it inspired similar convoys all over the world.

Sometimes when you wanna just be contrary for contrariness sake, you end up looking.....foolish.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You don't speak for everyone.  LOL  You don't even speak for yourself, since here you are - 400 pages later.  ?  If you really didn't care, why are you anywhere on this thread?

Yes, I'm well aware of the Netherlands and Germany and all the other countries - which is why I said it inspired similar convoys all over the world.

Sometimes when you wanna just be contrary for contrariness sake, you end up looking.....foolish.

I certainly do not speak for everyone but, this forum is not my world either as it seem to be for a dozen or so of you :)

I do not think you are aware of the ecological bun fights in Netherlands and Germany, otherwise you would not try to make comparisons with it.

I am on this thread to step on incorrect claims and statements and to piss of the belibers :)  Otherwise the thread would be nothing but butt stroking of each other :)

Never been contrary for contrary sake, just keeping your claims in scale. making incorrect statements is a forte of yours and a few others.

I only look foolish to those I call out and prove wrong.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

I certainly do not speak for everyone but, this forum is not my world either as it seem to be for a dozen or so of you :)

I am on this thread to step on incorrect claims and statements and to piss of the belibers :)  Otherwise the thread would be nothing but butt stroking of each other :)

Never been contrary for contrary sake, just keeping your claims in scale. making incorrect statements is a forte of yours and a few others.

I only look foolish to those I call out and prove wrong.

Riiiiiiggghhhht.

That's why 98% of your posts are just insults, devoid of information.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Actually, apathy towards this issue is exactly that, "lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern." by most of the world except for a marginal few here on this forum.

It not a marginal few though.

What I find interesting is those who care seem to be less "urbanized". Less apt to be swayed by the "in" thing. The truckers, the red-necks and now...the farmers.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The second statement is the most honest thing you said.  You’re like that woman at the convoy counter-protest with the “Gas the unvaccinated” sign.  

No I'm more like the guy who's becoming more pissed off the longer COVID is complicating my wife's recovery from surgery.

6 weeks she's been in the hospital now.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

... because the problem is "not enough people took the worthless jab with all the serious side-effects" ?

It's one thing for you to continue to refuse to acknowledge all of the lies from our health officials and MSM about the pseudovax, and the pseudovaxes' abject failures, it's quite another to think that the solution is just to kill everyone who was smart enough to pay attention to it. 

You've reached a new level of WTF-ever your problem is

Fuck you too asshole.

• Sad 1

Needless to say, the reason we needed to protect our health care system from being overwhelmed is more painfully obvious.

But of course years of right wing complaining about having to bear the cost of public health put us behind that eight ball long before COVID made things worse. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

6 weeks she's been in the hospital now.

I don't pray to the Lord often

He has already given me so much

He has protected me all my life

but I will take to my knees to pray for your wife

sacred marriage takes precedence over any conflict we me have with each other

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Here are my main thoughts about the trucker convoy: 

- They have every right to protest.
- I suspect the government might have had classified information that the funding at the very top is coming from overseas. With tense relations that we have with China and Russia now, who knows where the money came from. 
- Protest turned into something else in my view. I agree with the decision to clear the streets, it was turning into a circus and an embarrassment, don't care if that is authoritarian or that I am not a "real" Canadian as some "nationalists" are probably going to accuse me of. 
- I don't agree with the decision of the government to just start freezing bank accounts, especially in such a fast time, this reminded me of the FISA courts story in the US . Without a bank account and digital payment you are basically in a prison. 

I sympathized with the truckers

but I believe that vaccine mandates are in fact constitutional

but when the government invoked martial law against a protest under false pretenses

then seized property without court order

that was treason

no quarter, no mercy, no succour for traitors against our Crown

• Like 1

- I suspect the government might have had classified information that the funding at the very top is coming from overseas. With tense relations that we have with China and Russia now, who knows where the money came from. 
- Protest turned into something else in my view. I agree with the decision to clear the streets, it was turning into a circus and an embarrassment, don't care if that is authoritarian or that I am not a "real" Canadian as some "nationalists" are probably going to accuse me of. 
- I don't agree with the decision of the government to just start freezing bank accounts, especially in such a fast time, this reminded me of the FISA courts story in the US . Without a bank account and digital payment you are basically in a prison. 

Agree. If i remember Trudeau said he could do nothing about the horns, but yet a 21 yr old student went to court and stopped it. If Tru, makes you wonder if he wanted it to continue to blame it on the right.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:03 PM, Dougie93 said:

which is far more democratic than Canada, which is a monarchy

none the less, Parliamentary Supremacy, the authority of the monarch, is not an entitlement

there is no requirement for an election to bring a government in Canada down

hence why the tyrant Trudeau falsely invoked martial law to attack peaceful protesters violently

not only a betrayal of those protesters fundamental Charter rights

but a violation of Trudeau's solemn oath to "be truthful & bear faithful allegiance"

unlawful use of military force against HM subjects

making war upon loyalist patriotic Canadian citizens exercising their fundamental Charter rights

that is making war upon Canada itself

which is the definition of High Treason

under Section 46b of the Criminal Code

b) "levies war against Canada or does any act preparatory thereto"

God save the Queen from this Bolsehvist Quisling

Pro Patria

Edited by PIK

10 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes but it makes sense politically if this scenario/speculation is true. 

The trucker convoy was losing public support, so why stop the circus if it wants to keep playing? 

the trucker convoy was just the tip of the iceberg

ultimately, those on the Canadian left will be hunted down and branded the traitors that they are

the populist right will turn all these mechanisms of state power against the left, many times over

I don't even want that, but there is nothing that will stop it now

the left has declared war against the right, a war which they have no chance of winning

bear in mind, I was raised to be a leftist

and one thing we understood

is that things must never come to a binary

the left can only win by consensus

if it comes down to force, the right has already won by default

and now that I am on the right

rest assured, there will be no mercy

we will crush you, with you own draconian laws

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

1. - They have every right to protest.

1. Unless it inconveniences you, or they outstay their welcome because the right to protest has a start and finish time assigned to it right? The whole point of a protest is to make some life unbearable right,   

2. That was already proven false most of that money came from Canadians with some American donors as well, now your just reaching. who cares where the money came from, the fact it had support here in Canada has to mean something. 

3. The government's handling of it all is what was embarrassing, both city, provincial, and federally. And some citizens of Ottawa exaggerate about everything... along with the media, and the federal ministers that outright lied to make it seem we needed the emergency act to disperse them.

if the left knew what was coming

they would kill us all now, while they had the chance

but knowing the left as I do

I know they won't do it

and that will be their undoing

no quarter, no mercy, for these Bolshevist traitors against our Crown

they have sown the wind, now they shall reap the whirlwind

the wrath of the right, is the terrible wrath of God himself

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

As far as I am concerned they were no better than the fanatics from the left which damage historic statues.

the left can never win a war of fanaticism

fanaticism inherently favours the right

if it comes to a war of fanaticism in the end, the left will end up hung from the lampposts

the arc of history is clear

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

3. They overexagerate about everything?

So Ottawa should roll out the red carpet for the truckers now? and now only that they should keep the red carpet on so people can live there?  No limit on the protest? How long should people be allowed to live downtown Ottawa? 

Why not? People drinking in mobile hot tubs and harrassing federal workers, that should be ignored now because the right is protesting. 

As far as I am concerned they were no better than the fanatics from the left which damage historic statues. Oh wait they did that too, search it. It happened downtown Ottawa and I believe a statue was one of soldiers. Might have been Soros's agents undercover. ?

Did you watch the media, some describe it as a war zone...complete hell, so ya over exaggerate, to mention the safety minister's outright lies, which he later backtracked. 

Well if you have a problem with the federal government where do you want them to go, do you think they would have gotten any attention if they went to some farmer's field in Saskatchewan?  Is there a time limit on protesting in our laws or constitution, or freedoms? 

So there are rules about protesting no hot tubs allowed, must be in the by-laws for Ottawa, or perhaps it was a massage we are here to stay. Harassing federal workers, that's not what everyone saw, I not saying it is not true, but there are many interviews of citizens of Ottawa having a pleasurable visit, with convoy people, I did not hear of any Conservative MPs getting harassed  

Are you talking about the women who stood on the tomb? while disrespectful, did they really damage it, i doubt it, the police did talk to her charged her, and it was dismissed I believe. The tomb has been shit on, pissed on, and slept on by many citizens of Ottawa...and all of that did not stay in the media as long as the women standing on it for a few seconds.  

3. They overexagerate about everything?

So Ottawa should roll out the red carpet for the truckers now? and not only that they should keep the red carpet on so people can live there?  No limit on the protest? How long should people be allowed to live downtown Ottawa? 

Why not? People drinking in mobile hot tubs and harrassing federal workers, that should be ignored now because the right is protesting. 

As far as I am concerned they were no better than the fanatics from the left which damage historic statues. Oh wait they did that too, search it. It happened downtown Ottawa and I believe a statue was one of soldiers. Might have been Soros's agents undercover. ?

You were clearly raised on state-funded propaganda and didn’t see how tainted the coverage of the protests were in mainstream media.  There was no desecration of memorials by protesters, unless you consider putting a flag by Terry Fox or dancing by a memorial desecration.  The veterans guarded the memorial.  A court injunction stopped the honking.  The barricades were removed before the Emergencies Act was imposed.  We’re sick of having to repeat these facts over and over.  Oh and there was almost no coverage of the beating of peaceful protesters that was caught on camera.  The Indigenous older lady who was trampled by a horse was almost ignored.  Millions supported the protests.  Freezing the bank accounts was a total violation of constitutional rights, though there were many violations.  Trudeau didn’t meet any of the protesters and maintained the vaccine mandates.  He also called the protesters misogynists and racists and said, “Should we tolerate these people?”   Even Democrat commentators like Bill Maher and Beri Weiss were disgusted.

The convoy was a movement of international significance.  It provided an important counter to government overreach.  These protesters took personal risks to the extent of losing their business licenses or having their assets seized.

The Trudeau government acted cowardly and totalitarian.  I learned that our rights are not well protected and our government isn’t really accountable to the people.  In fact, it takes a lot of direction from unaccountable international bodies.

I’ve never seen such poor federal leadership.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Actually lots of people feel this way. My issue is the legality of Pixie-Dust's reaction...and his blatant cowardice.