Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

A CTV News special on the Truckers and it's consequences "THE CONVOY: Reporter's Notebook by Glen McGregor." will be on Monday night.

I know some of will cry MSM propaganda but, it is supposed to be one reporters point of view.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ctv-news-glen-mcgregor-looks-back-on-the-ottawa-protests-in-special-reporter-s-notebook-1.6008848

https://www.ctvnews.ca/editorial-standards-and-policies#anchor12

Im more interested in whats actually going on in the government and courts. One opinion is like an asshole. Everybody got one.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yeah but, he lost, almost 2 years ago and his containing antics, supported by Fox has turned my stomach. I call Fox the Trump network.

I find that Fox is the most Trump biased and Trump singular news ever.

In Canada, Trudeau won and O'Foole accepted the loss, not inciting riot and continually whining.

In the US they call district manipulation to give certain parties more votes "gerrymandering". We do the same thing. Almost every winning party manipulates the ridings to their benefit for future elections.

There is more discussion about Trump on CNN than Fox it seems. The web site for sure. They cannot let it go because Trump is not out of the picture yet. 

He “threatens” to return, which has liberals completely mortified.

Like when the bogey man came out of closet last night. :o

Will he come out again, tonight?

;) 

Edited by OftenWrong

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yeah but, he lost, almost 2 years ago and his containing antics, supported by Fox has turned my stomach. I call Fox the Trump network.

I find that Fox is the most Trump biased and Trump singular news ever.

In Canada, Trudeau won and O'Foole accepted the loss, not inciting riot and continually whining.

In the US they call district manipulation to give certain parties more votes "gerrymandering". We do the same thing. Almost every winning party manipulates the ridings to their benefit for future elections.

well, unlike those on the left, I respect your right to dissent as you please

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Im more interested in whats actually going on in the government and courts. One opinion is like an asshole. Everybody got one.

I just look at the constitutional particulars

Section 1 of the Charter being invoked to negate all your other rights after

the Emergencies Act being invoked to crush protests with martial law and seize property without court order

there's really nothing the media can say to alter my view of those facts

bear in mind

I took the vaccine in good faith

I was not opposed to vaccine mandates per se

can a private business demand that you be vaccinated for a job ?

I would say yes

can the school system demand that your children be vaccinated to attend school ?

I would say yes

I was not that interested in the Freedom Convoy at first, as a vaccine mandate protest

I would not actually protest the vaccine mandates

it was only when the protests themselves were declared to be "illegal" that I started to protest

there is no such thing as an "illegal protest" in a free & democratic society

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I just look at the constitutional particulars

Section 1 of the Charter being invoked to negate all your other rights after

the Emergencies Act being invoked to crush protests with martial law and seize property without court order

there's really nothing the media can say to alter my view of those facts

What constitutional particulars? I keep asking and no one can provide any constitutional breaches. A lot of opinion but no actual evidence.

The people arrested and fined were done so under existing laws.

Property seizure? What and when? If you are talking about towing vehicles, there were towed for breaking existing laws and by laws. I will admit, the issuance of the Emergency Measures Act did empower authorities but in the end, none of those powers were needed.

Oh, and you may wish to call it martial law but, t was not. martial law is something completely different.

Just now, ExFlyer said:

What constitutional particulars? I keep asking and no one can provide any constitutional breaches. A lot of opinion but no actual evidence.

it's not about breaches, I simply find the Charter to be so weak that it doesn't actually protect our rights in the end

I believe that protesters have the right to impede the government, to bring it to a stand still

if not, there would be no Civil Rights Act

if not, South Africa would still be ruled by Apartheid

the whole point of protests is to bring things to a halt

otherwise, they have no effect

the idea that the only thing you're allowed to do is wave a placard

where and when the government allows you to ?

that is not a free country, that is an authoritarian state like Russia or China

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There is more discussion about Trump on CNN than Fox it seems. The web site for sure. They cannot let it go because Trump is not out of the picture yet. 

He “threatens” to return, which has liberals completely mortified.

Like when the bogey man came out of closet last night. :o

Will he come out again, tonight?

;) 

Just informing that there will be a TV report. Don't like it? Don't believe it? Don't care? Then don't watch. Certainly would not want anyone to watch or hear something that goes against their own narrative or beliefs.

There is little or no discussion about Trump on CNN unless he makes public statements. Admittedly which is quite often as he just cannot stop speaking about himself LOL

I think the Republicans are becoming more and more concerned about his potential return. More and more of congress and the senate is worried as he has been attacking and demeaning anyone not agreeing with him. even his rallys are gathering few people.

I am not sure how the US system works but I think Trump is still the Republican leader and I do not know how they will either keep him or dump him. I think they will wait till mid term elections are over.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I am not sure how the US system works but I think Trump is still the Republican leader and I do not know how they will either keep him or dump him. I think they will wait till mid term elections are over.

it's clear that Trump is at least the kingmaker in the GOP

it's very plausible that a Ron DeSantis could outflank him in a primary

but in the meantime, no GOP candidate is able to win without Trump's endorsement

more importantly for Canada tho

I would assert that it is a very desperate & reckless strategy

for the Government of Canada to choose sides in the American conflict

making themselves proxies for the Democrats

declaring the Republicans to be enemies of Canada

that is a very dangerous place for Canada to be

the Republicans can do massive damage to Canada, with a flick of their wrists

like Meng Wanzhou, the Republicans did that

or the 300% duty on Bombardier

that's just a little taste of how this could go

the GOP views Canada as a competitor dumping in the US market

the GOP views Canada as being a fifth column for China

Canada cannot afford to make an enemy of the GOP

and I don't think DeSantis is a soft touch

DeSantis will probably be much more ruthless & effective than Trump

because is DeSantis is going to replace Trump

he would have to be, to prove his bona fides to the base

the Liberals are setting Canada up to be a whipping boy the GOP would make an example of

they can also easily create a situation which would incite the Chinese to start whipping too

Canada could end up caught in no man's land between both America & China

Edited by Dougie93

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Just informing that there will be a TV report. Don't like it? Don't believe it? Don't care? Then don't watch. Certainly would not want anyone to watch or hear something that goes against their own narrative or beliefs.

No no, perhaps you dont read too goodly. Im interested in the legal arguments. What you are peddling is one man’s opinion. You said so, yourself.

So that is your narrative and belief.

I’m sorry if I don’t want to absorb your brainwashing...

;) 

38 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I believe that protesters have the right to impede the government, to bring it to a stand still

if not, there would be no Civil Rights Act

if not, South Africa would still be ruled by Apartheid

the whole point of protests is to bring things to a halt

otherwise, they have no effect

the idea that the only thing you're allowed to do is wave a placard

where and when the government allows you to ?

that is not a free country, that is an authoritarian state like Russia or China

Perhaps but they did not impeded anything except local traffic and local residents peace.

Parliament just went on as usual.

46 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

bear in mind

I took the vaccine in good faith

I was not opposed to vaccine mandates per se

can a private business demand that you be vaccinated for a job ?

I would say yes

can the school system demand that your children be vaccinated to attend school ?

I would say yes

I was not that interested in the Freedom Convoy at first, as a vaccine mandate protest

I would not actually protest the vaccine mandates

it was only when the protests themselves were declared to be "illegal" that I started to protest

there is no such thing as an "illegal protest" in a free & democratic society

The protest was never deemed or said to be illegal.

The street blockades, the noise, the camping on the street s were declared illegal under existing laws and bylaws.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Perhaps but they did not impeded anything except local traffic and local residents peace.

Parliament just went on as usual.

exactly

which is why declaring this to be an "illegal protest" warranting the Emergencies act

is authoritarian like Russia or China

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

No no, perhaps you dont read too goodly. Im interested in the legal arguments. What you are peddling is one man’s opinion. You said so, yourself.

So that is your narrative and belief.

I’m sorry if I don’t want to absorb your brainwashing...

;) 

Man, you certainly are on your own planet.

I am a informing that there will be a TV report. You make up your own mind whether you want to watch it or not. If it does not fit your ideology or narrative, then don't. If you want to be open minded and see all sides, then watch it.

I personally do not care what you believe in or what you do.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

you cant read the riot act and sic the RCMP tactical teams on protesters for violating a bylaw

Actually, Wellington Street is NCC property so by default, the RCMP have control of it. Normally, the Ottawa police take care of it but when there are protests (lots of them), RCMP are always there.

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Actually, Wellington Street is NCC property so by default, the RCMP have control of it. Normally, the Ottawa police take care of it but when there are protests (lots of them), RCMP are always there.

they are not empowered to beat people up on the street for any reason

the level of violence employed by the police was criminal

you can't violently assault protesters for refusing to stop protesting

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

they are not empowered to beat people up on the street for any reason

the level of violence employed by the police was criminal

you can't violently assault protesters for refusing to stop protesting

I am not going to get into that. Too may personal and emotional opinions. I live in Ottawa and watched the day long live broadcasts flicking form one network to another and there were all networks there including Fox and CNN, even BBC. To me, CNN and Fox were very opposite takes on what was going on. One very pro and one very con even though the live pictures were being shown.

Yes there were videos showing things but, as I have said all along, there is always a beginning, middle and end to every situation and video and if only the end is seen, a lot of opinion and conjecture can occur.

I am quite sure no one was assaulted for just protesting. Maybe, just maybe, some were forced to vacate once given warning to leave the premises peacefully (which apparently many did).

They were given 24 hours notice that the authorities were going to clear Wellington and other occupied streets and to peacefully leave. Many did, some did not and sufferer the consequences of their non compliance.

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I am not going to get into that. Too may personal and emotional opinions. I live in Ottawa and watched the day long live broadcasts flicking form one network to another and there were all networks there including Fox and CNN, even BBC. To me, CNN and Fox were very opposite takes on what was going on. One very pro and one very con even though the live pictures were being shown.

Yes there were videos showing things but, as I have said all along, there is always a beginning, middle and end to every situation and video and if only the end is seen, a lot of opinion and conjecture can occur.

I am quite sure no one was assaulted for just protesting. Maybe, just maybe, some were forced to vacate once given warning to leave the premises peacefully (which apparently many did).

They were given 24 hours notice that the authorities were going to clear Wellington and other occupied streets and to peacefully leave. Many did, some did not and sufferer the consequences of their non compliance.

well I certainly am emotional : human being

but in this case I am not following emotion, but rather logic

annoying as the protest may have been for some, it was not in any way a riot

yet the government read the riot act and sicced the riot squad on them

that is what the Russian MVD does to protesters in Moscow

in order to have the right, you have to have the means

so Justin Trudeau says you don't have a right to use a gun for self defence in Canada

that means you don't really have an effective way of defending yourself

thus you in effect have no right to self defence at all

in terms of protesting, if the government can declare an effective protest to be a "riot"

then you have no effective way of protesting

thus you in effect have no right to protest

50 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

To me, CNN and Fox were very opposite takes on what was going on. One very pro and one very con even though the live pictures were being shown.

Do you find it weird that CNN was calling the violent riots in the US "mostly peaceful" and then advocating for an abrupt end to the Freedom Convoy and their dastardly bouncy castles of death? 

Is it weird that CNN didn't cover the story of a peaceful protester who surrendered on his knees and then got beaten severely by the shrouded cops without bodycams? I'm pretty sure that if a Floyd Protester had surrendered on his knees and then got beaten up by cops, CNN would have made that headline news for a month. "Rodney King v 2.0!!!"

Showing "things"?

They showed Vizi get out of his truck, get on his knees with his hands behind his head, then instantly get thrown down to the ground and 4 cops beat him. They drove their knees into him from both sides. It was a vicious beating and our cancerous MSM ignored it.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

They showed Vizi get out of his truck, get on his knees with his hands behind his head, then instantly get thrown down to the ground and 4 cops beat him. They drove their knees into him from both sides. It was a vicious beating and our cancerous MSM ignored it.

yeah, that was the final straw for me too

that was not law enforcement, that was punitive retaliation for daring to defy the government

• Like 1

growing up in Canada, I never felt any fear of the Canadian government, nor the Ontario government

I was a Liberal then, Pierre Trudeau was an heroic figure

Bill Davis was the best Premier

I have never been charged with an offence, never arrested for a criminal offence

I even trusted my chain of command in the armed forces

my CO, my RSM, I truly looked up to them, I emulated them

but I really do fear Canada now

this is like an Orwellian dystopic Canada out of a dark science fiction future

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Man, you certainly are on your own planet.

I am a informing that there will be a TV report. You make up your own mind whether you want to watch it or not. If it does not fit your ideology or narrative, then don't. If you want to be open minded and see all sides, then watch it.

I personally do not care what you believe in or what you do.

Thank you for being an informer. Access denied, access denied.