Trucker's Convoy

West

6 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it's not reasonable because it shouldn't be a condition of employment

Its reasonable because the vast VAST majority of health experts, specifically on the topics of epidemics and vaccine, say it's reasonable given the very slight risk vs the very considerable benefit of being vaccinated.

So would you want people to use their own sense of what's reasonable when driving - following rules only when and if they feel like it?  Or would you rather that your fellow drivers be forced in spite of any objections they might have to...follow the herd so to speak?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

WTF do you think that the pseudovax actually does if it doesn't stop people from spreading the virus or dying from it, genius?

What COVID vaccine does is prevent people from dying and spreading disease.  I'm pretty sure the experts have determined that without vaccine and other measures that levels of sickness and death would be much much higher.   

I think you must live in some fantasy la la land where you expect experts, governments and of course vaccines to be like you, 100% infallibly correct 100% of the time.  As for whatever else your senses may be telling you I'm quite convinced its the ridiculously warped sense you have that you live in a totalitarian state that's set the tone for everything else. It's no wonder you can't think straight about anything else.

As for Trudeau coming down with COVID again I suspect he probably comes into contact with as many different people in the course of a day as many of us do in a whole month so, go figure.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

ha ha ha ha !

eyeball totally trusts the government, so long as the Liberals & NDP are in charge

No, I don't totally trust the government, especially when Liberals are in charge of it and you full well know that too. 

How many times have you heard me talk about outlawing in-camera lobbying of politicians?

Do I really sound like someone who totally trusts the government? Give your head a shake man...ffs.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Its reasonable because the vast VAST majority of health experts, specifically on the topics of epidemics and vaccine, say it's reasonable given the very slight risk vs the very considerable benefit of being vaccinated.

So would you want people to use their own sense of what's reasonable when driving - following rules only when and if they feel like it?  Or would you rather that your fellow drivers be forced in spite of any objections they might have to...follow the herd so to speak?

taking the vaccine might be reasonable

getting people fired who don't take it is not

your analogy is stupid, it totally apples and oranges

26 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

taking the vaccine might be reasonable

That's right.

getting people fired who don't take it is not

Yes it is.  For the same fundamental reason everyone obeys traffic laws - for everyone's benefit and safety.

It's not just all about you IOW.  

your analogy is stupid, it totally apples and oranges

No it's the very same herd of humans.

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That's right.

Yes it is.  For the same fundamental reason everyone obeys traffic laws - for everyone's benefit and safety.

It's not just all about you IOW.  

No it's the very same herd of humans.

it has nothing to do with everyone's safety

just their own

it is just all about them

your traffic analogy does not apply

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it has nothing to do with everyone's safety

just their own

it is just all about them

your traffic analogy does not apply

How can it not apply given how much disregard you have for taking individual action for everyone's benefit?

I bet you even stop at red lights when there's no cross traffic coming. Now why on Earth would you do that?  

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

How can it not apply given how much disregard you have for taking individual action for everyone's benefit?

I bet you even stop at red lights when there's no cross traffic coming. Now why on Earth would you do that?  

it's not for everyone's benefit

it's for their own benefit

vaccinated people still get and spread covid

just like unvaccinated people

it's not about everyone else

everyone else can choose to get vaccinated or not too

nothing about you getting a covid vax makes me safer

nothing about me getting a covid vax makes you safer

it's not that kind of vaccine

the unvaccinated are no more of a threat to the vaccinated than the vaccinated are to the vaccinated

yet you still want people fired over not getting vaccinated

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

So why do you stop at red lights even when there's no one else around?

Who benefits?

enough of the traffic analogy

it is not applicable to this situation

if you think people should be fired

for running a red light when it's obvious there is no one around

your opinion should be dismissed as stupid on the face of it

you just want to punish people who makes choices that you wouldn't make and are choices you don't like

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, I don't totally trust the government, especially when Liberals are in charge .

nobody trusts the lunatics of the NDP

hence why they've never won an election and never will

they best they can do is be lick spittle toadies for Justin Trudeau

pathetic

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you just want to punish people who makes choices that you wouldn't make and are choices you don't like

I definitely think people who refuse to get with the program should face consequences. Punish is too strong a word for all that's happening though.  As I said there are plenty of jobs to be had, just choose one that doesn't require a vaccination.

You could also create your own job, roll up your sleeves, sharpen your pencils...you know, all the things you people like to advise when someone finds themselves in an employment pickle.

What, you figure the world owes you something?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I definitely think people who refuse to get with the program should face consequences. Punish is too strong a word for all that's happening though.  As I said there are plenty of jobs to be had, just choose one that doesn't require a vaccination.

You could also create your own job, roll up your sleeves, sharpen your pencils...you know, all the things you people like to advise when someone finds themselves in an employment pickle.

I agree 100%

They complain when the government makes public health decisions and complain when the government does not give them something.

Boo Hoo, they cannot decide and take their consequences of their decisions.

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

being fired is a punishment

that is not too strong of a word

get a job that doesn't require vaccination

is just more learn to code/let them eat cake bullshit

11 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it's not for everyone's benefit

it's for their own benefit

If a vaccine keeps me out of hospital, it benefits someone else who needs that hospital care at a time when our health care system is in danger of collapse. Getting vaccinated is for the benefit of others.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I agree 100%

They complain when the government makes public health decisions and complain when the government does not give them something.

Boo Hoo, they cannot decide and take their consequences of their decisions.

wanting to take away jobs because someone made a decision you don't like that only effects themselves

is just being vindictive douche

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

If a vaccine keeps me out of hospital, it benefits someone else who needs that hospital care at a time when our health care system is in danger of collapse. Getting vaccinated is for the benefit of others.

getting vaccinated is for the benefit of yourself

you just want to be seen as selfless for being selfish

and want to punish those who don't virtue signal in the same way

the health care system sucking is not an excuse to blame the unvaccinated

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Does anyone else recall when conservatives used to preach that people should be virtuous for the good of society while frowning on selfish outliers? 

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the health care system sucking is not an excuse to blame the unvaccinated

Sure it is for myself, it will keep me out of hospital. But a fortunate side effect of me not being in hospital is the pressure I don't put on the health care system and the impact that has on others who really need it.

That isn't virtue signalling, it is simple reality.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1