Trucker's Convoy

West

10 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

1. You are incorrect.

2. Well, once. It was the Winnipeg general strike in 1919 when the strikers were suspected of being led by communists. Pretty much like the occupiers in Ottawa.

3. You hate Trudeau. Yes, we all know that. 

4. I watched the process and was impressed with the way they did it. It was a textbook exersise with the absolute minimum conflict. They were executing an order from the Court. The Court acted on evidence by the Crown.

4. I know a few retired RCMP officers. They said the horse incident should've never happened and was poorly secured by the officers. You can't just rip a horse through a crowd like that 1. For the protection of the protesters 2. The protection of the mounted rider and 3. The protection of the animal. 

That incident should've never happened.. this isn't the some sort of western movie. 

Edited by West

17 minutes ago, West said:

4. I know a few retired RCMP officers. They said the horse incident should've never happened and was poorly secured by the officers. You can't just rip a horse through a crowd like that 1. For the protection of the protesters 2. The protection of the mounted rider and 3. The protection of the animal. 

That incident should've never happened.. this isn't the some sort of western movie. 

When you have mounted police or police dogs approaching to enforce an order to clear the streets, the people are obligated to clear out. Go home. If they don't, they can't claim they were not aware of what was going to happen. The Police had to carry out the order by the court. 

I did have a laugh at some Americans who thought the Police were UN troops. ("They don't even speak English.") They even posted a photo of these UN Troops. When I enlarged the photo to show the SQ shoulder flashes, they still insisted they were "UN Troops."

After all these months, I still haven't heard an explanation for why the occupiers were flying American flags. They called it a "Freedom" convoy, yet they fly a flag of a country that is removing their citizens' freedoms.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What leader of Black Lives matter are you talking about. Where was this $10 billion damage done. Montreal? Vancouver? Toronto? I don't know what you are talking about.

I'm talking about the definition of a political prisoner.

How could I compare the definition of a political prisoner in Canada with the definition of a political prisoner in Canada? I used another country as an example. Do you understand that QM85?

So, in some countries, people are thrown in jail for things that are considered to be part of a healthy democracy in others.

For example, if Tamara Lich organized a protest in the US which was an affront to Donald Trump's policies, she definitely wouldn't have gone to jail. She wouldn't have been considered a loser for protesting against vax mandates if Trump initiated them in the US. She'd be considered a social justice warrior, and a hero. 

When Trump was president, and BLM actually was destroying entire communities, he never sent any jack-booted cops to beat people up after they surrendered peacefully on their knees. He didn't declare martial law. He never froze any bank accounts. No protesters were killed when they attacked the WH while the President was in it.

If there was a peaceful, friendly Freedom Convoy-style protest in the US, Trump would have gone to speak with them. 

Protesting is sacred right in the United States now by comparison to Canada.

By the standards of western democracies, what Tamara Lynch did was small potatoes. By comparison to what BLM did in the States, the Freedom Convoy wasn't even a real protest. It was more like a folk festival. 

If you insist that we can only compare it to something in Canada, compare it to the rail blockades. The CN mainline through Ontario was blocked, along with a lot of other blockades. CN had to lay off hundreds of employees. Via Rail laid off 1,000 at the beginning, then suspended operations entirely. Protesters blocked BC ferries main routes. They blocked bridges. They blocked roads. They blocked our main seaports. They destroyed rail infrastructure. 

When Andrew Scheer called for a response to keep our country running, Trudeau had a meeting with the other opposition parties and barred Scheer, the leader of the opposition. Fascist much? 

After all of that, who was charged criminally?

Some people were arrested and let out the next day. 200 FB accounts were temporarily suspended. That was it.

By every reasonable measure, Tamara Lich is a political prisoner. 

Edited by WestCanMan

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

When you have mounted police or police dogs approaching to enforce an order to clear the streets, the people are obligated to clear out. Go home. If they don't, they can't claim they were not aware of what was going to happen. The Police had to carry out the order by the court. 

I did have a laugh at some Americans who thought the Police were UN troops. ("They don't even speak English.") They even posted a photo of these UN Troops. When I enlarged the photo to show the SQ shoulder flashes, they still insisted they were "UN Troops."

After all these months, I still haven't heard an explanation for why the occupiers were flying American flags. They called it a "Freedom" convoy, yet they fly a flag of a country that is removing their citizens' freedoms.

Police have an obligation to ensure the safety. They are the professionals. They failed in their duties and should be held accountable for it. 

Just like you can't race a police cruiser through a crowd, you can't rip a horse through a crowd either. The officers involved should be put up on attempted murder charges... if this was a BLM protest I guarantee the officers would be in jail right now.

They were also taking truckers, arresting them with no intention of pressing charges, and doing the starlight tours bs, dropping them outside the city in minus 40. Those cops are disgusting humans and should be held to account

Edited by West

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm talking about the definition of a political prisoner.

How could I compare the definition of a political prisoner in Canada with the definition of a political prisoner in Canada? I used another country as an example. Do you understand that QM85?

So, in some countries, people are thrown in jail for things that are considered to be part of a healthy democracy in others.

For example, if Tamara Lich organized a protest in the US which was an affront to Donald Trump's policies, she definitely wouldn't have gone to jail. She wouldn't have been considered a loser for protesting against vax mandates if Trump initiated them in the US. She'd be considered a social justice warrior, and a hero. 

When Trump was president, and BLM actually was destroying entire communities, he never sent any jack-booted cops to beat people up after they surrendered peacefully on their knees. He didn't declare martial law. He never froze any bank accounts. No protesters were killed when they attacked the WH while the President was in it.

If there was a peaceful, friendly Freedom Convoy-style protest in the US, Trump would have gone to speak with them. 

Protesting is sacred right in the United States now by comparison to Canada.

By the standards of western democracies, what Tamara Lynch did was small potatoes. By comparison to what BLM did in the States, the Freedom Convoy wasn't even a real protest. It was more like a folk festival. 

If you insist that we can only compare it to something in Canada, compare it to the rail blockades. The CN mainline through Ontario was blocked, along with a lot of other blockades. CN had to lay off hundreds of employees. Via Rail laid off 1,000 at the beginning, then suspended operations entirely. Protesters blocked BC ferries main routes. They blocked bridges. They blocked roads. They blocked our main seaports. They destroyed rail infrastructure. 

When Andrew Scheer called for a response to keep our country running, Trudeau had a meeting with the other opposition parties and barred Scheer, the leader of the opposition. Fascist much? 

After all of that, who was charged criminally?

Some people were arrested and let out the next day. 200 FB accounts were temporarily suspended. That was it.

By every reasonable measure, Tamara Lich is a political prisoner. 

Yes they blame YOU for having your business looted and ransacked. 

That kid in the US, Kyle Rittenhouse, had to protect property being looted because the "men" in uniform refused to do what they were being paid to do. He gets arrested  ... the looters and violent rioters go unpunished. Leftist justice

• Like 1

SNCdid not get the  deferred prosecution they were asking for.

OMG, so there was no scandal? Who knew? I thought that the PM fired an AG for not using the DPA law, and appointed a lackey.

Oh yeah, I'm also right and you're an apologist for our fascist PM.

Justice was served,

Justice was thwarted. The lawful governance of our country was thrown under the bus. A first nations lady and stand-up Canadian was unceremoniously turfed for doing the right thing.

Your description of those events is entirely lacking in candor, to a disgusting extent.

but this has nothing to do with the occupation of Ottawa. Freedom Convoy

1) Fixed it for you.

2) In case you are actually unable to make the connection for some reason - the fact that Trudeau unlawfully exerts control over the AG and RCMP has a lot to do with why a judge turned Tamara Lich into a political prisoner.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You need to study geography. Seattle is an American city. It has nothing to do with Canada. Although, a lot of Ms. Lich's fellow occupiers were also confused about who's country this is, judging by all the American flags. 

You need to stop playing stupid like a world champion. 

You need to understand that the leader of BLM in America was responsible for over $10 billion worth of looting and destruction that is still a long way from being repaired. Two dozen murders. Thousands of assaults. Over 2,000 police officers were injured. The loss of revenue from the BLM riots was larger than the total economic impact of blocking the Ambassador bridge by orders of magnitude, but it's small potatoes compared to the damage from BLM's burning and looting. BLM's leader got rich as a result. She wasn't charged or convicted of anything.

The leader of the Freedom Convoy in Canada was responsible for zero assaults of civilians, zero murders, zero shops looted, zero cops assaulted, zero cops injured, zero statues torn down, zero statues defaced, zero buildings burnt down. She didn't get money at all. She did go to jail. 

So in America they allow lethal protests, which you support.

In Canada you go to jail for protesting peacefully, but only if your protest is against a cause that the PM is in favour of.

If your Canadian protest is far more damaging, but it's in favour of a cause that the PM likes to virtue signal about, you won't go to jail.

It's called "Political Prisoners 101".

The Nazis supported violent protests, like Kristallnacht, much in the same way that the dems and Libs supported the violence and carnage of BLM.  

Protesting against the Nazis got you beaten up, thrown in jail, bank accounts frozen, much in the same way that protesting against our Supreme Leader gets you beaten up, thrown in jail, bank accounts frozen. 

• Thanks 1

Why are you so obsessed with terrorism in another country. Whether it is Albania, the US or Zimbabwe has nothing to do with us.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

So in America they allow lethal protests, which you support.

You will have to back that up. I support the right to peaceful and lawful protests. I participated in the Amchitka nuclear protest. Nobody has the right to break the law. Ms. Lich was not jailed for protesting or for her political beliefs, inspite of being a member of a separatist party aimed at the destruction of Canada. She was charged with, "mischief,counselling mischief, obstructing police, counselling to obstruct police, counselling intimidation and intimidation by blocking and obstructing one or more highways". At least she hasn't been charged with trying to kill a Police Officer like the fellows in Alberta.

The evidence leading to the charges will be published in Court. We presume the Ms. Lich is innocent and will contest the Crown's allegations in Court. The alleged breach of her bail conditions may also be contested. However, when one is out on bail, it is best to comply with the conditions and when in doubt, seek advice from a good lawyer. If she received bad advice from her lawyer, she should fire her/ him.

Edited by Queenmandy85

45 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why are you so obsessed with terrorism in another country. Whether it is Albania, the US or Zimbabwe has nothing to do with us.

We get compared to other countries. We jail protesters for political reasons and most other western nations don't.

I guess the US actually does as well, but only the Jan 6th ones go to jail there. 

Edited by WestCanMan

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

We get compared to other countries. We jail protesters for political reasons and most other western nations don't.

I guess the US actually does as well, but only the Jan 6th ones go to jail there. 

Bidens America is Trudeau's blueprint. 

I hear the FBI is raiding the homes of congressman and their staffers, stealing property without a warrant, and throwing unfriendly journalists in prison as well. 

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You are forgetting Stokley Carmichael, Eldridge Cleaver, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, G. Gordon Liddy, E. Howard Hunt, and the demand to lock up Secretary Clinton.

Excellent interview with Tamaras lawyer. She's charged for taking a photo.. she never violated her bail conditions as the lawyers were there... lefties trying to provoke the protesters to violence no doubt.. 100% agree with that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If she didn't breach, she will be released. 

I have to say that, while separatism is not illegal, and it isn't pertinant to the charges against her, I do not understand why anyone would support someone who wants to destroy Canada.

Can you still buy into the kind of Canada our federal Liberals have crafted? 

29 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If she didn't breach, she will be released. 

I have to say that, while separatism is not illegal, and it isn't pertinant to the charges against her, I do not understand why anyone would support someone who wants to destroy Canada.

The punishment is the process. A week in jail, missing two weeks from work, probably misses a mortgage payment, and forks out more for legal fees. Why? She has a different view than the government. Because that's what Canada is now. And you are disturbed enough to jump on board with the vision 

Edited by West

17 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I don't have a problem with it. It is the same Canada MacDonald built for us.

No it isn’t.  By the way, MacDonald’s statues have been removed and eponymous schools have had their names changed.   You keep referring to a Canada that no longer exists.

Canada is run by leftist internationalists.  Identity politics and green fascism.  Nothing is as important to Trudeau than looking good in front of his elitist stakeholder capitalist control freak friends.  He’s trying not to restore pre-pandemic freedoms because he wants control.    “Climate change.”  “Dangerous speech.”  “Post-national state.”

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

You are forgetting Stokley Carmichael, Eldridge Cleaver, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, G. Gordon Liddy, E. Howard Hunt, and the demand to lock up Secretary Clinton.

Stokely Carmichael died in 1998. I didn't even look up all of those other people. Are you talking about a bunch of people who were jailed for protests before I was born, back in 1968? I don't really care about those people, we're not comparing ourselves to 1963 or 1491. There's nothing we can do about that now.

The demand to lock up the woman who lied to the FBI? The one who was known to have committed a felony? The one who then went on to destroy evidence after it was subpoenaed? That Hillary Clinton? Why would anyone lock her up?

Do you know that she's been interrogated twice by the FBI for crimes that she was allegedly involved in? Believe it or not, on both instances she had a head injury and couldn't remember anything. On the two days in her life when she suffered amnesia she was interrogated by the FBI both times. Such a huge coincidence. 

Most recently, during her 2016 election campaign, she famously "fell while going up the stairs and hit the back of her head" before she was interrogated, and she just said "I don't remember" to every single question. Then she had a miraculous recovery the next day and had perfect recall for the rest of her campaign. She even aced the first debate with Trump (she was actually caught cheating there, with Donna Brazille). Do you know that 5 of her associates were given immunity in that instance, even though they never gave the FBI any evidence or intel? Since when do the police give up something like that for nothing? It doesn't happen. 

I didn't expect Hillary to go to jail, but she was guilty by the simple definition of the crime and her obvious mishandling of confidential information. She should have been found guilty. 

Leftists are dumber than cows. It's unbearable trying to talk to such simple people. 

• Like 1

They are just statues. A united Canada is the best tribute to MacDonald. Prime Minister Trudeau's record includes forming a successful all party effort to protect NAFTA from a hostile US administration. It was also an all party effort that saved a lot of lives in the first two years of the Covid 19 pandemic. The US is 10 times our size. With that in mind, we can say that the response of the Canadian governments, federal and provincial, saved 60 thousand lives. Canada suffered 40 thousand deaths, the US us lost over a million. (That is the greatest catastrophe in US history.) Prime Minister Trudeau's mistakes have been minor. He visited a family friend who happens to be one of the great religious leaders of the world, when he should have paid his own way. Many years ago, he wore make up at a costume party dressed as a person of colour. I did the same in a high school play, but he admitted it was wrong. He asked the AG if a deferred prosecution was possible for one of the leading employers in Canada. The AG said no. The next AG said no as well, without even being asked. These were rookie mistakes. When you compare the Trudeau government with the government of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Mike Pearson, you get to see what a scandalous government really is. Pearson's government had the Spenser affair, the furniture scandal involving three cabinet ministers, the Rivard affair where Pearson's Parliamentary Secretary  offered the lawyer representing the US government $50,000 not to oppose bail for Rivard. All of these scandals were going on all at the same time. We haven't had a real scandal in years. 

I'm a Progressive Conservative. I only joined the CPC in the hope that we would get a leader that would excise the socred cancer and give us back the party of MacDonald.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I didn't expect Hillary to go to jail, but she was guilty by the simple definition of the crime and her obvious mishandling of confidential information. She should have been found guilty. 

What part of the presumption of innocence are you having difficulty understanding. We are all, you, me, Prime Minister Trudeau, Tamara Lich, Secretary Clinton, President Trump, everyone, is presumed to be innocent unless proven guilty in a Court. That is the most important aspect of our legal system. 

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Stokely Carmichael died in 1998. I didn't even look up all of those other people. Are you talking about a bunch of people who were jailed for protests before I was born, back in 1968?

I didn't know you were so young.