Trucker's Convoy

West

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well there’s two ways to manage this.  Either we say that the state must not play such an overbearing role deciding what is moral and appropriate, interfering with parenting, or we say, okay, if the state thinks it has the answer on morality above parents, what is that morality?   We could have an all out culture war of the traditionalists (promoting male and female role models where possible, recognizing the biological reality of two genders as central markers of gender identity, XY and XX, requiring educators to leave talk of sexuality out of primary education, encourage values-based education based on ancient wisdom like the “virtues”, etc.) versus those who want to scrap all canonical western cultural beliefs (ancient wisdom texts, religion, science-based gender, two-parent and two-gender families, parental discretion over child-rearing, etc.).  If we want the state to dictate upbringing, we can have an all out culture war between the woke revolutionaries (all identity is a social construct, the family structure is sexist, country must be scrapped due to patriarchy and colonialism, money must be redistributed from earners based on designated identities, etc.) and those who believe in human agency/free will, that there is value in ancient wisdom, that gender isn’t entirely a social construct but has important roots in biology, that parents matter and individual beliefs matter, there is much to celebrate about history and culture, including the so-called “dominant” culture, etc.   

I think we’re entering a time where the lunatics can no longer be trusted to run the asylum.  Biden and Trudeau are letting the radicals have at it because they’re so scared of asserting anything that might be construed as patriarchal or colonial.  Of course inflation is teaching most people that morality matters and we reap what we sow.  Overspending creates moral hazard.  Erasing people’s individual rights and views is the hallmark of dictatorship and the loss of free speech.  Our mainstream media is clearly too beholden to government through state funding and attempts at censorship.  Canadians have been made to feel through the pandemic that many basic human rights are expendable for dubious reasons of so-called safety.  Drug use, addiction, depression, anxiety, and suicide have increased.  People are paying punishing prices for basic necessities and carbon taxes on fuel that has doubled in price in a year.

The woke-green ideological experiments of an overbearing government aren’t working.  

Yup these whackos are creating very real problems for many. It's no longer about politeness and has gone into the realm of totalitarianism by the wokies

It's apparent that the device of guilt by association is now to be openly used by the CBC.  It's a significant development in the devolution of national politics in that the status quo is moving to adopt a culture war stance.

"Online campaign backed by groups associated with Freedom Convoy, fuelled by anti-LGBTQ rhetoric"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/libraries-threats-all-age-drag-1.6501247?cmp=rss

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's apparent that the device of guilt by association is now to be openly used by the CBC.  It's a significant development in the devolution of national politics in that the status quo is moving to adopt a culture war stance.

"Online campaign backed by groups associated with Freedom Convoy, fuelled by anti-LGBTQ rhetoric"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/libraries-threats-all-age-drag-1.6501247?cmp=rss

Mike...that article begins with the following phrase...

"Family-friendly drag events"

As far as I'm concerned, any parent who would take their child to a drag event, is guilty of child abuse. Drag queens are sexual deviants and have no business promoting their deviant behaviour to little kids.

This is a disgusting and just another example of why "Gay Pride" has abused the privilege it's been given.

GettyImages-478924262.jpg

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, Goddess said:

Who the F is Susan Dunham and why is her opinion any different than several of you on this forum?

"Only weeks ago, it was the admitted goal of our own leaders to make life unlivable for the unvaccinated. "??? Really? Admitted by who?? Another BS unfounded claim.

Anyway, hers is just another opinion and worth exactly as much as a pro vax opinion.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:41 PM, Goddess said:

So? Her salary is not out of line for top medical professionals.

Ottawa hospital CEO makes over $600K per year for just running a city hospital.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ottawa-hospital-ceo-tops-sunshine-list-in-ottawa

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hospital and health administration costs are taking wages from front line workers.  No one should be making $600,000 for running a hospital.  $300,000 is still too much.  

You may be right but, like the house prices, the market and what someone is willing to pay determines worth.

Also may not like it but there is a definite hierarchy within work and a salary commensurate with it.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

As far as I'm concerned, any parent who would take their child to a drag event, is guilty of child abuse.

Ok - well your view is noted but it's a separate point from my post.  I don't see anything wrong with drag queens reading stories to kids, at all.  We used to watch Uncle Miltie on TV and we turned out great.  But anyway - side chat.  

This is about how a decentralized populist movement should be/is depicted in the public press.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Ottawa hospital CEO makes over $600K per year for just running a city hospital.

Is that a lot ?  They have 12,000 employees and are bound to multiple public stakeholder groups with probably the highest level of importance.  I would ask what similar positions pay in similar communities.  

California example: https://www.seiu-uhw.org/press/healthcare-workers-unveil-billboard-against-pomona-hospitals-high-prices-excessive-ceo-pay/

57 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hospital and health administration costs are taking wages from front line workers.  No one should be making $600,000 for running a hospital.  $300,000 is still too much.  

Based on.... ?

I'm not disagreeing but you end up in a sticky wicket when you talk about what people 'deserve'.... NBA players know this.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Is that a lot ?  They have 12,000 employees and are bound to multiple public stakeholder groups with probably the highest level of importance.  I would ask what similar positions pay in similar communities.  

California example: https://www.seiu-uhw.org/press/healthcare-workers-unveil-billboard-against-pomona-hospitals-high-prices-excessive-ceo-pay/

Only responding to another poster whining about Tam getting a raise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok - well your view is noted but it's a separate point from my post.  I don't see anything wrong with drag queens reading stories to kids, at all.  We used to watch Uncle Miltie on TV and we turned out great.  But anyway - side chat.  

This is about how a decentralized populist movement should be/is depicted in the public press.

Uncle Miltie did that for laughs.

The trucker convoy was not violent. Pixie-Dust ran and hid when the trucks rolled in and refused to talk with them. He's a chicken-shit little tweenkie who needs to be disposed of. Had he simply had talks with the truckers, like a man with some principals and a spine, the protest would likely have ended much sooner.

As for what you call "the press" here in Canada...I do not trust nor believe a single word they spew forth anymore. Not a word.

Edited by Nationalist

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. Uncle Miltie did that for laughs.

2. The trucker convoy was not violent.

3. Pixie-Dust ... 

4. As for what you call "the press" here in Canada...I do not trust nor believe a single word they spew forth anymore. Not a word.

1. Let me assure you that Drag performances are not a sombre affair, in case you haven't been to one.
2. Huh ?  Relevance ?
3. More Auntie Trudeau stuff... yawn.
4. I get it, but your desire to talk to me overpowers your ability to come up with something relevant to my point.  Fair enough, I'm probably talking to an audience of people who normally defend the CBC at this point, or perhaps people with a perspective on the challenges to Democracy over the eras of different media, pluralism etc.

I value your perspective - thank you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Let me assure you that Drag performances are not a sombre affair, in case you haven't been to one.
2. Huh ?  Relevance ?
3. More Auntie Trudeau stuff... yawn.
4. I get it, but your desire to talk to me overpowers your ability to come up with something relevant to my point.  Fair enough, I'm probably talking to an audience of people who normally defend the CBC at this point, or perhaps people with a perspective on the challenges to Democracy over the eras of different media, pluralism etc.

I value your perspective - thank you.

1. Don't be a twit Mike. We both know that what Berle did was completely different that what's going on in some libraries. Don't believe me? Go to one of these abhorrent scenes, point at the drag-queen and laugh at them.

2. It shows these folks were not criminals but peaceful protesters. Pixie-Dust, the press and a bunch of pampered bureaucrats, lying endlessly, does not make what they did illegal. Hence Pixie-Dust had to end his little tempy-tantrum right away.

3. He gets wut he pays fer. I have nothing but disdain for the little shit.

4. Good. Because the Canadian press is nothing more than a bunch of Libbie liars.

34 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well our highest paid politicians make half that.   Our General Practitioner doctors make half that.  I think we can find competent people to do hospital admin jobs for a lot less. 

36 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Based on.... ?

I'm not disagreeing but you end up in a sticky wicket when you talk about what people 'deserve'.... NBA players know this.

NBA players have an average of 10-15 year long careers.  They bank what they can on an intense, competitive work schedule.  The multi-mill salaries are exceptional and these players sell tickets for franchises.  Still nothing on a Bezos.  

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1.  Go to one of these abhorrent scenes, point at the drag-queen and laugh at them.

2. It shows these folks were not criminals but peaceful protesters.

3. Pixie-Dust...   I have nothing but disdain for the little shit.

4. Good.  

1. I'm pretty sure that would be ok.
2. Not relevant to my point though.
3. Ad hominem... you hate Trudeau so much you can't discuss much else it seems.
4. " I get it, but your desire to talk to me overpowers your ability to come up with something relevant "  And you say... "Good." ?   Ok then.