Trucker's Convoy

West

44 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No political prisoners. The guy in jail cannot even find a lawyer to take his case....wonder what kind of dipshit he is that he cannot get a shystyer to help him get bail??

"Uh, he's not being held without bail, he just can't find a lawyer to pay it" ? 

You'd be silent if you weren't spewing propaganda. If you lived in Korea you'd still be telling people that Kim Jung Un shot 15 holes-in-one the first time he played golf. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Pretty sure Harper would have pushed Ford to do something about the Ambassador Bridge at least as fast as Trudeau.

And again - I don't like Trudeau, but I am forced to call out ridiculous claims for the good of non-embarrassing dialogue on here.

"Pretty sure" . . .  ?    You don't know that Mike.

Yeah, but . . . .  Yeah, but . . ..

Again, The Emergency Act . . . . . do you honestly think Harper or any other PM of any stripe would have hid out and sniped with Trudeau's quotes . . . for all the world to see and laugh at.

Do you think Harper or any other PM would refuse to meet with the convoy and try to address their concerns?  Try to find a solution to the situation?

Emergency Act . . . . . perfect for you and the  embarrassment of a PM that the rest of the country is saddled with.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Closing the Ambassador Bridge probably seems pretty cool to people like you but it's kind of a big deal.  

Closing the Ambassador Bridge cost 1/60th of what Trudeau did to the oil patch, and you think that's cool but FYI $120 billion is kind of a bigger deal than $2 billion.  So is having the whole world over Russia's barrel. 

Just for shits and giggles, who do you think really benefits from closing down Alberta's oil patch? Is it really the trees, and future generations, or is it Russia and Saudi Arabia? 

Please go on at length, I need a good laugh. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

"Uh, he's not being held without bail, he just can't find a lawyer to pay it" ? 

You'd be silent if you weren't spewing propaganda. If you lived in Korea you'd still be telling people that Kim Jung Un shot 15 holes-in-one the first time he played golf. 

Propaganda? Here is the real thing. He is sitting there looking for a lawyer and cannot get one.

Korea?? Trouble coming up with an argument and using some BS  about living in Korea???

Michael Woods
Published April 4, 2022 2:55 p.m. EDT
  •  
  •  

‘Freedom Convoy’ leader Pat King says he’s still searching for lawyers to represent him at trial more than six weeks after his arrest.

“I’m in the process of shopping for lawyers right now,” King told court on Monday. “Due to the importance of this matter, I want to make sure we have proper representation.”

King, 44, is facing 10 charges in relation to his role during the ‘Freedom Convoy’ protests that occupied downtown Ottawa for three weeks, including intimidation, obstructing police and mischief. A co-accused, Tyson George Billings, also appeared in court Monday from the Quinte Detention Centre in Napanee, Ont.

King has been detained at the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre since his arrest on Feb. 18. His case has been put over several times because he does not officially have a lawyer representing him.

King said on Monday Cal Rosemond, who represented him during his initial bail hearing, was “not my counsel.”

King does have two lawyers working on his bail review hearing, scheduled for later this month. But he does not have a lawyer on record for trial, and he spoke for himself in court on Monday.

Crown attorney Moiz Karimjee expressed concern that King’s matter has been ourstanding since February, and raised the possibility of King applying for legal aid if he wishes.

King and Billings are charged with two counts each of intimidation and obstructing police. They also face one count each of mischief, counselling to commit mischief, counselling to obstruct police, counselling to intimidation, disobeying a court order and counselling to disobey a court order.

Billings, 44, also appeared in court on Monday and will appear again on April 19. He is in custody at the Quinte Detention Centre in Napanee, Ont.

25 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Do you think Harper or any other PM would refuse to meet with the convoy and try to address their concerns?  Try to find a solution to the situation?

No PM should ever give in the blackmail. As to finding a solution, there was already a solution available. Get vaccinated.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

We all know that he was scapegoated.  He’s not violent and his views aren’t inciting hatred.  This whole affair is about government overreach and the attempt to mask it through even more overreach.  The attempt to paint the convoy as violent extremists is an international joke.  It actually downplays the danger of real extremism, because apparently our government thinks everyone who disagrees with them are fringe-racist-misogynist, even if that includes the characters from Sesame Street.  Trudeau: “Do the Conservatives walk with the swastikas?”   Oh the swastikas used to draw a comparison between Hitler and Trudeau?   We used to call that political commentary.

Edited by Zeitgeist

27 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Emergency Act

The only people affected by the proclamation of the Emergencies Act were the people breaking the law. The court found the occupation of downtown Ottawa and the blockades at the border were illegal. You have the right to protest but you do not have the right to break the law. When the court orders someone to leave, they must leave. Nobody there had any reason not to expect to be removed. The reason a woman was bumped by a horse is because she didn't move when told to. 

Just now, Queenmandy85 said:

The court found the occupation of downtown Ottawa... were illegal. You have the right to protest but you do not have the right to break the law. When the court orders someone to leave, they must leave. Nobody there had any reason not to expect to be removed. 

Care to source this claim? 

So you are saying a politician can just willy nilly declare an "emergency" to go after whomever he doesn't like? 

Sounds like what they do in China

8 minutes ago, West said:

Care to source this claim? 

So you are saying a politician can just willy nilly declare an "emergency" to go after whomever he doesn't like? 

Sounds like what they do in China

No, I am saying it was the court that found the occupation to be illegal. Politicians do not have that authority. Only the court. 

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, I am saying it was the court that found the occupation to be illegal. Politicians do not have that authority. Only the court. 

You still haven't sourced your claim specifically about the Ottawa protest. 

Trudeau called it an "Emergency" then put it to a debate where it looked like it would be shot down in the senate. Only then did Trudeau cancel the fake emergency

Edited by West
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, West said:

What claim is that?

2 minutes ago, West said:

Trudeau called it an "Emergency"

The Crown Proclaimed the Emergency when the Ottawa Police did not have the capacity to carry out the court's order. There is no provision to bring in reinforcements, especially the RCMP, under normal circumstances, so the Act allowed that to happen. It also expedited the suspension of funding to force the illegal occupation to end, in order to comply with the court order. 

Defiance of the court is not an offence against a politician. It is an offence against the Crown / Canada. A court order is not something you can debate. Once the order is issued, you must comply. Failure to comply with a court order is a criminal offence. I would cite the CCC but I returned my copy when I retired. 

26 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The only people affected by the proclamation of the Emergencies Act were the people breaking the law. The court found the occupation of downtown Ottawa and the blockades at the border were illegal. You have the right to protest but you do not have the right to break the law. When the court orders someone to leave, they must leave. Nobody there had any reason not to expect to be removed. The reason a woman was bumped by a horse is because she didn't move when told to. 

The blockades were gone and the court injunction against the honking had worked before the Emergencies Act was implemented.  Do we need to declare martial law when someone reports seeing people who make them feel uncomfortable?  Oppressive tactics by an oppressive government.  

14 minutes ago, West said:

Trudeau called it an "Emergency" then put it to a debate where it looked like it would be shot down in the senate. Only then did Trudeau cancel the fake emergency

That’s exactly right.  Trudeau made up a new story about the E Act working its magic two days after voting to extend it 30 days ONLY because he knew it wouldn’t get through the Senate.  He was warned and rescinded the order to control the narrative.  100%

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What claim is that?

The Crown Proclaimed the Emergency when the Ottawa Police did not have the capacity to carry out the court's order. There is no provision to bring in reinforcements, especially the RCMP, under normal circumstances, so the Act allowed that to happen. It also expedited the suspension of funding to force the illegal occupation to end, in order to comply with the court order. 

Defiance of the court is not an offence against a politician. It is an offence against the Crown / Canada. A court order is not something you can debate. Once the order is issued, you must comply. Failure to comply with a court order is a criminal offence. I would cite the CCC but I returned my copy when I retired. 

Which court order are you referring to? Third time. 

We also know the mayor LIED in a hearing claiming the convoy tried to burn down an apartment building. So he should be held responsible for spreading disinformation to crush a peaceful protest.

Edited by West

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The blockades were gone and the court injunction against the honking had worked before the Emergencies Act was implemented.  Do we need to declare martial law when someone reports seeing people who make them feel uncomfortable?  Oppressive tactics by an oppressive government.  

You forgot to mention all the businesses who had to close to prevent unmasked protesters from entering their property in defiance of public health orders. What about there freedom to make a living? If you own a business, you are required by law to protect your employees and customers. 

Nobody declared martial law. The Emergency Act is not martial law. The emergency Act did not infringe on anyone's charter rights.

Several posts back, I saw references to BLM.

WestCanMan wrote:

"Are you honestly pretending to not know why people ended up in jail at the BLM riots? I'll give you a bunch of hints, because somehow you need them:

-Assaulted civilians.

-People beaten to death.

-Buildings looted.

-Buildings burned down.

-Police officers assaulted. "

Where did this happen? I do not recall a single instance of this anywhere in Canada.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

prevent unmasked protesters from entering their property in defiance of public health orders. What about there freedom to make a living?

The government took away their ability to make a living, not the protesters. Businesses who stayed open made some very good money. The whole nonsense of businesses having to play the role of mask police was dumb

I seen people ripping around the mall all the time without masks on prior to restrictions lifting. They didn't need to close down. The only reason here was for show.

Edited by West

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Neither were 95% or more of the thousands of BLM protests involving tens of millions of peaceful protesters.

Did Trudeau order the police to destroy peaceful protests during the BLM rallies? No he actively participated despite going against health orders.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

When Trudeau became PM he chased away 3 companies that were investing in the Alberta oil patch, all of them were investing over $30 billion. In total Trudeau chased away around $120B from the oilfields in 2015.

Yes but what about the $130 billion a year that's estimated to have been snow-washed into Canada on Trudeau's watch? Conservatives can do even better?

Okay.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Propaganda? Here is the real thing. He is sitting there looking for a lawyer and cannot get one.

This is from your own article:

King said on Monday Cal Rosemond, who represented him during his initial bail hearing, was “not my counsel.”

King 1) does have two lawyers working on 2) his bail review hearing, scheduled for later this month. But he does not have a lawyer on record for trial, and he spoke for himself in court on Monday.

1) That doesn't mean "can't get one."

2) This means that his bail hearing review is set for later this month. This month being "April 2022", ie - 2 months after he was arrested. This means that by definition he is a political prisoner sitting in jail without bail

I thought that leftists considered putting people in jail during covid was bad, and they had to let out everyone they could. But I guess that doesn't include political prisoners.

Also from your article:

“I’m in the process of shopping for lawyers right now,” King told court on Monday. “Due to the importance of this matter, I want to make sure we have proper representation.”

Considering that the path to being a judge in Canada right now goes through the LPOC, for sure there are lawyers who won't work with an enemy of the state. It's like being a lawyer for some Jews in 1935 Germany. 

There's also the fact that the PM/Attorney General is the one who had him arrested, so the federal government will be pushing hard for a conviction, this is basically a guaranteed loss for any lawyer who takes the case, for a guy who doesn't have a crapload of money for legal fees. Hmmmm.

Still, nowhere does your article say that "he can't find a lawyer".  

Thanks for proving that he's a political prisoner though. 

3 minutes ago, West said:

Did Trudeau order the police to destroy peaceful protests during the BLM rallies? No he actively participated despite going against health orders.

Apparently there were thousands of protesters also crushed under the treads of tanks.

I'd post the youtube video I saw of soldiers hosing off entrails and blood but the msm/big tech/government agency responsible for what we're allowed to see took it down.   

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Apparently there were thousands of protesters also crushed under the treads of tanks.

I'd post the youtube video I saw of soldiers hosing off entrails and blood but the msm/big tech/government agency responsible for what we're allowed to see took it down.   

So our PM breaks the rules he put in place because he agrees with their cause. 

46 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You forgot to mention all the businesses who had to close to prevent unmasked protesters from entering their property in defiance of public health orders. What about there freedom to make a living? If you own a business, you are required by law to protect your employees and customers. 

Nobody declared martial law. The Emergency Act is not martial law. The emergency Act did not infringe on anyone's charter rights.

Several posts back, I saw references to BLM.

WestCanMan wrote:

"Are you honestly pretending to not know why people ended up in jail at the BLM riots? I'll give you a bunch of hints, because somehow you need them:

-Assaulted civilians.

-People beaten to death.

-Buildings looted.

-Buildings burned down.

-Police officers assaulted. "

Where did this happen? I do not recall a single instance of this anywhere in Canada.

There were many businesses happy to serve the protesters and who did so until the government made it illegal.  It’s a form of martial law when there’s no due process and laws are made up on the spot without Parliamentary debate then applied retroactively to “crimes” that were committed when they weren’t crimes.  How sick and Orwellian.  Would you like your previously legal activities to be declared illegal then be charged for crimes that didn’t exist?   How about we freeze your bank account and suspend your license to work as a consequence? No, the government gets no cover on this.  No way.  This is the behaviour of arbitrary totalitarian regimes.  If you want to pretend it’s a democracy, that’s one shit democracy.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1