Trucker's Convoy

West

45 minutes ago, West said:

He's not. Leftists believe that their political opponents are truly evil people for the crime of wanting less government and should be punished by law enforcement. 

I just think most of you guys are monumentally stupid is all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West said:

1. Leftists believe 
2. ... wanting less government and should be punished by law enforcement. 

1. Error.  I'm conservative.
2. Error.  The protest was about mask mandates.  The leaders were idiots who didn't understand the law, hence they went to jail.  If you want to protest government maybe talk to a lawyer first.  Or don't.  Violate conditions of release and back to the hole for Tamara the Maverick...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Error.  The protest was about mask mandates.  The leaders were idiots who didn't understand the law, hence they went to jail.  If you want to protest government maybe talk to a lawyer first.  Or don't.  Violate conditions of release and back to the hole for Tamara the Maverick...

1. I doubt that. 

2. The protests were about government intrusion into personal health decisions. Specifically vaccine mandates which would've been unnecessary regulation over vital industry that brings goods and supplies into Canada. 

Edited by West

10 minutes ago, West said:

1. I doubt that. 

2. The protests were about government intrusion into personal health decisions. Specifically vaccine mandates which would've been unnecessary regulation over vital industry that brings goods and supplies into Canada. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's frightening that bank accounts of peaceful protesters were frozen as has been testified by the RCMP.

31 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Was it like 700 accounts that were targeted.  That must be ALL the truckers that were there.

Reports were that the cops were photographing license plates at the protest.

I know the government SAYS they did not use the stolen GiveSendGo list of donors to target others, but I don't believe it.  I know someone who had their bank account frozen who had merely donated, and never attended the protest in Ottawa.

I also saw photos posted of Ottawa residents who stuck posters all around their neighbourhood, with the title "Know Your Neighbour!!!!!" listing the names of those in the area who donated to the convoy.

And they wonder why they are compared to the German citizens who turned in their Jewish neighbours......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Reports were that the cops were photographing license plates at the protest.

I know the government SAYS they did not use the stolen GiveSendGo list of donors to target others, but I don't believe it.  I know someone who had their bank account frozen who had merely donated, and never attended the protest in Ottawa.

I also saw photos posted of Ottawa residents who stuck posters all around their neighbourhood, with the title "Know Your Neighbour!!!!!" listing the names of those in the area who donated to the convoy.

And they wonder why they are compared to the German citizens who turned in their Jewish neighbours......

Orwellian and shows are true enemies are the Deep State.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

It was amazing how quickly the freedumb people switched to all-out pro-Putin disinformation.  Weird how that works.

Curious what your chants are for more restrictions? Lock me down harder daddy? More state control? Lockdowns are freedom? Freedom is actually nazism?

Edited by West

3 minutes ago, West said:

Curious what your chants are for more restrictions? Lock me down harder daddy? More state control? Lockdowns are freedom? Freedom is actually nazism?

I don't chant at all because I don't give a shit. 

But I like to watch to see how low you guys will go. As of this week, watching you on facebook, you're suddenly all extreme Putin loyalists. Why is that?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

My suspicions is: they're anti-everything.  

This assumes they're not bots though ?

They clearly aren't anti-Russia. The dumb Mennonite kid on my block growing up literally has memes about how Putin got the Nobel prize for curing covid. Last week it was all anti-vax. Crazy times.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

But I like to watch to see how low you guys will go. As of this week, watching you on facebook, you're suddenly all extreme Putin loyalists. Why is that?

There are no Putin loyalists here, some of us just aren't muppets.

The MSM's bias filter can play you like a chump time after time but some of us jumped off that merry-go-round of stupidity a long time ago.

FYI, much like Kennedy made a stand against nukes in Cuba in the '60s which basically everyone in NA seems to applaud, Putin made a stand against biological warfare agents, chemical weapons, strategic nukes, stealth fighters, cruise missiles and tanks right on his western border in 2021/22.

If you're so stupid that you think Putin should welcome a massive army to his front door, led by a senile dolt like Biden or possibly the mother of all evil, Hillary Clinton, that's your problem. All Zelensky had to do was stop trying to join NATO and his country would still be at peace now. He was stupid, his citizens are dying, and western leaders who stand to profit from war are still egging him on

Long story short - not everyone who supported the Freedom Convoy has the sense to support sanity, but most of the people who don't are just in favour of war for whatever reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Putin loyalists the new attack eh. Heard that one on CBC?

13 minutes ago, West said:

Putin loyalists the new attack eh. Heard that one on CBC?

Ooh oohh oooohhh I can't wait to hear Trudeau's new slander against non-lackeys now. 

My guess:

“We all know people who are deciding for themselves whether or not to blindly hate Russia and pray for war, and we will do our very best to try to convince them. However, there is still a part of the population (that) is fiercely against it. 

They don’t believe in the state's freedom to grant them their opinions/talking points and are very often virophiles and anarchists. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space. 

This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate their freedom of thought, or do we have them beaten by cops, trampled by horses, locked up without bail, and freeze their bank accounts? 

That was a rhetorical question: I will do what I want and the media will be silent. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I'm just saying what I see. You honestly haven't noticed it yourself?

I know after the past 6 or 7 years many have a distrust of the media and don't blindly follow whatever they say. That shouldn't be confused with being a Putin apologist

Edited by West

20 minutes ago, West said:

I know after the past 6 or 7 years many have a distrust of the media and don't blindly follow whatever they say. That shouldn't be confused with being a Putin apologist

I'm saying a significant number of the convoy social media has shifted to pro-Putin memes. Have you noticed this as well?