Trucker's Convoy

West

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes, the city of Ottawa and the police were aware the convoy was coming - organizers communicated with and got permission to protest there.

I think what happened is that NO ONE - not the police, not the city -  expected the prime minister to slander and then completely ignore them.

Trudeau's rhetoric was out of line and completely non productive  but when you wheel into Ottawa and start off by demanding a PM"s head and a change in government, don't be surprised if no one will talk to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Probably shouldn't cite that, as there are few details and it doesn't make any sense.

They only froze 200 accounts, why would they pick hers out of thousands of others ?  I saw an unsupported explanation why this happens to her that makes WAY more sense but note that I am not going to post it here.  The MP who said this happens should just explain what the details are - he can do so without revealing personal info.  Let's see if he does.

Seems you are here to make excuses and apologies for what’s going on. You can believe the government when they change their message from one day to the next. I no longer have any faith or trust in them or their media outlets. And I am certainly not alone in losing that trust.

But I understand the need for people like yourself to have faith in this government. The alternative is rather uncomfortable, for those who are fully enfranchised...  ;) 

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Trudeau's rhetoric was out of line and completely non productive  but when you wheel into Ottawa and start off by demanding a PM"s head and a change in government, don't be surprised if no one will talk to you.

To be fair he could've dropped the nonsensical mandates instead.. 

Kinda like the vaxx or testing option... ?

Just now, OftenWrong said:

1. Seems you are here to make excuses and apologies for what’s going on.

2 I no longer have any faith or trust in them or their media outlets. And I am certainly not alone in losing that trust.

3. But I understand the need for people like yourself to have faith in this government.  

1. No - I am here to help us all have a reasonable conversation.   You might want to ask how, if they only froze around 200 accounts, this $50 donation was singled out.  Doesn't that seem odd ?  How good is your bullshit detector ?

For example, a Liberal MP apparently said that Honk Honk stands for 'Heil Hitler'.  Do you believe that claim ?

2.  Why did you 'trust' them to begin with ?  Do you trust Tom Quiggin and the blogs and YouTubers ?

3.  Why do you think you have faith in this government ?

You seem to want to connect the dots when there are no dots.

7 minutes ago, West said:

To be fair he could've dropped the nonsensical mandates instead.. 

Kinda like the vaxx or testing option... ?

Right, we should always let mobs dictate who will be PM and form governments.

Almost all the mandates are provincial. Dropping the border mandate would accomplish nothing because the US has the same mandate. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

But why is Trudeau persisting on this path? 

indeed

it's self destruction

I assume there is foreign influence involved, Americans behind the Liberals, Chinese behind those Americans

I assume the fiscal & economic situation is much more dire than they will admit

but even so

this is so crazy

I am starting to think he is a madman dictator in the literal sense, psychopath

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

???

Protesting against an elected official is part of Democracy. What are you on about?

You may call for an elected official's resignation. It is part of the game.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Almost all the mandates are provincial. Dropping the border mandate would accomplish nothing because the US has the same mandate. 

The problem extends across the border. They just haven’t felt as much impact.  The US Supreme Court mitigated mandates.  

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You might want to ask how, if they only froze around 200 accounts, this $50 donation was singled out.

Why are you wasting my time with this? I should figure something out?

The issue was brought forward by a member of parliament. You should ask them for clarification.

There are several other reports of accounts frozen without criminal charges. You might want to do some online research yourself.

Several leaders in government came out just a day ago to say they were going after people’s account, even retroactively before Feb 15. Now they’re saying they will back off and unfreeze some accounts.

Which version of their story do you want believe? Today’s, yesterday or the day before?

Their messaging is clearly out of control. 

14 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

indeed

it's self destruction

I assume there is foreign influence involved, Americans behind the Liberals, Chinese behind those Americans

I assume the fiscal & economic situation is much more dire than they will admit

but even so

this is so crazy

I am starting to think he is a madman dictator in the literal sense, psychopath

You know what’s going on.  The question is, how do we get out from under the tyranny?

Edited by Zeitgeist

Senate growing frustrated by pressure to rubber stamp Emergencies Act | National Post

The House of Commons voted on Monday night to extend the emergency measures that have been in place since last week. The NDP voted with the Liberals, arguing that it was a confidence vote and now was not the time to plunge the country into an election.

But that trick likely won’t work with Senators, who are growing increasingly frustrated that they feel forced to rubber stamp government legislation.

Julie Miville-Dechêne, from the Independent Senators Group, worried about the precedent this situation could create given that MPs and Senators are asked to make decisions on the basis of “secret information” for a crisis “that is not visible.”

Senator Dennis Glen Patterson, who left the Conservative Senators Group in protest over some members’ support of the so-called Freedom Convoy, said: “there is a certain amount of ‘trust us’ in the government’s justification of these extreme measures.”

Senator Patterson, who has since joined the Canadian Senators Group, worried that the joint parliamentary review committee would not have access to the unredacted security information to determine if the enactment of the Act was absolutely necessary.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Why are you wasting my time with this? I should figure something out?

2. The issue was brought forward by a member of parliament. You should ask them for clarification.

3. There are several other reports of accounts frozen without criminal charges. You might want to do some online research yourself.  Several leaders in government came out just a day ago to say they were going after people’s account, even retroactively before Feb 15. Now they’re saying they will back off and unfreeze some accounts. Which version of their story do you want believe? Today’s, yesterday or the day before?

1. I have had to retract claims, modify my thinking ... and have done the hard work that comes from being a conscientious and thinking member of 'the' public.  Our democracy demands this of every citizen but few do it.  

If someone has made a faulty claim then I expect you to call it so, even if it comes from someone you generally agree with.

2.  Ok - so I can just claim that 'Honk Honk' stands for 'Heil Hitler' by this principle right ?  

3. Back to the point - I spent my precious time exploring the egregious application of the account freeze to a single mother and found a lot of problems with the claim.   

As for 'freezing'... it's pretty normal and I am actually ok with accounts frozen without criminal charges, that does happen.  You might want to ask before you claim that something is extraordinary:

"

There are laws in Canada (under the Bank Act) that give these companies the rights to freeze an account: Banks: Your bank can freeze your account due to suspicious activity. If your bank suspects fraud, a quick call or visit can resolve the matter.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/advice-plus/features/posts.how-long-can-a-bank-account-be-frozen-in-canada-.html#:~:text=There are laws in Canada,visit can resolve the matter.  

21 minutes ago, Aristides said:

We did with covid restrictions.. no matter how ridiculous if the mob was scared that's whst we did. Individual liberty and collateral damage be damned

Edited by West

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I have had to retract claims, modify my thinking ... and have done the hard work that comes from being a conscientious and thinking member of 'the' public.  Our democracy demands this of every citizen but few do it.  

If someone has made a faulty claim then I expect you to call it so, even if it comes from someone you generally agree with.

2.  Ok - so I can just claim that 'Honk Honk' stands for 'Heil Hitler' by this principle right ?  

3. Back to the point - I spent my precious time exploring the egregious application of the account freeze to a single mother and found a lot of problems with the claim.   

As for 'freezing'... it's pretty normal and I am actually ok with accounts frozen without criminal charges, that does happen.  You might want to ask before you claim that something is extraordinary:

"

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/advice-plus/features/posts.how-long-can-a-bank-account-be-frozen-in-canada-.html#:~:text=There are laws in Canada,visit can resolve the matter.  

Why isn’t it okay to provide financial support for a political cause?  Most of the donations came in before the blockades as well.  The freezing of accounts, hack, and publication of names are huge problems.  It smacks of an excuse to attack people whose views are different from the government’s, even though they’re perfectly constitutional views.  It’s actually the government’s policies that are unconstitutional and require defence.  That defence does not pass muster.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There are laws in Canada (under the Bank Act) that give these companies the rights to freeze an account: Banks: Your bank can freeze your account due to suspicious activity. If your bank suspects fraud, a quick call or visit can resolve the matter.

This situation is different.

I've had my bank call me because of a charge from a foreign country and I explain, "It's okay, I'm in Puerto Rico right now."

Much different than the government using the power to freeze accounts because you attended a protest or donated to a cause they don't agree with.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

I doubt any of them serve anywhere near that long lol.

Pat King is probably the most likely imo. Why I say that is the other organizers distanced themselves once he was found on camera uttering threats toward Trudeau.

Tamara Leich will be out next week she just needed time to work on a plan home after the SS locked down her bank account. 

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You know what’s going on.  The question is, how do we get out from under the tyranny?

you're not going to like my answer, I suspect

see the biblical all around you

everything is happening as it is written

this is crucifixion

you bear the cross for as long as you can

then make your death count at the end

martyrdom in the name of Christ

you climb the hill to Golgotha, and from there, into the next world

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you're not going to like my answer, I suspect

see the biblical all around you

everything is happening as it is written

this is crucifixion

you bear the cross for as long as you can, then make your death count at the end, martyrdom in the name of Christ

you climb the hill to Golgotha, and from there, into the next world

I hear you.  We’ll do what we can and make peace with God, others, and ourselves.  

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I hear you.  We’ll do what we can and make peace with God, others, and ourselves.  

you are the one who invoked Vimy Ridge

many Canadian soldiers have heard this command

prepare for the forlorn hope, stand by to go over the top

at the going down of the sun and in the morning

they will remember you

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Aristides said:

He could get rid of the mandate that prevents unvaxxed people from flying. Currently I am a prisoner inside my own country even though I have broken no laws. I fully accept that JT can’t control what the US does but he could easily change the ban to a test and achieve the same results. 

When it comes to the US, someone needs to blink first. If the US opens it’s borders then Trudeaus other mandates are relatively ineffective as we can just drive to the US and fly from there