Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

And if you expected to be taken credibly you'd put them up without anyone having to ask you.

That said, and if it's not to much trouble ma'am, could you please give me a link to a source that's skilled at distilling and interpreting complicated scientific information for people such as you and me?

Above all else that source needs to be acceptable to both of us or we might as well try to carry on this discussion using a language that neither of us understand.

Why would I?

You have no interest in reading anything scientific. You have no interest in understanding the science behind anything covid.

You are content to be spoon-fed by the CBC and Global.

You are  an intellectual infant who wants the government to dumb things down for you.  And that is a very dangerous position to be in.

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't know if you are deliberately pretending to be unintelligent or if you truly are.  I'm starting to suspect the latter.

I was comparing the coercion, the threats and the bullying.

Yes, I saw your analogy.  It was hyperbole and extreme paranoia, which seems to be the hallmark of anti-vaxxers.

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So it’s illegal for police to break up a blockade of a city?  You think this was a a legal protest?

Some people (the ones in parked trucks or otherwise blocking the streets) were protesting illegally.  I don't agree with that.

Most of the people left out there are pedestrians protesting peacefully.  I support their right to peaceful protest, and I support their cause.  They aren't a threat to democracy, they are exercising democracy.  You should join us!

Why are the police in riot gear bothering these peaceful protestors downtown who are on foot?  The police should get rid of the blockade and let the peaceful protests continue.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So it’s illegal for police to break up a blockade of a city?  You think this was a a legal protest?

Again this is painting everyone with the same brush.  The blockades were the extreme end of the protest, but no property was damaged.  It needed to end and it did without the Emergencies Act.  People walking around protesting in Ottawa is a constitutional and important citizen right.  Freezing the bank accounts of protest supporters and laying criminal charges against protesters is pretty heavy handed stuff.  There may have been some justifiable charges, but the public generally doesn’t have enough information to make accurate assessments right now.  The weapons bust in Alberta was already explained by police.  Those people grafted themselves onto the protest at the 11th hour.  People are individuals and accountable for their own actions.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

True, i mean join the support of the cause.

everybody who supports the cause is together

all the truckers asked us to do, was whatever we could do for them in any capacity

as a decorated veteran, I could shield them from the state propaganda smearing them as "desecrating" military honour

but knowing that you are secretly inside the government supporting us, that honestly helps

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Again this is painting everyone with the same brush.  The blockades were the extreme end of the protest, but no property was damaged.  It needed to end and it did without the Emergencies Act.  People walking around protesting in Ottawa is a constitutional and important citizen right.  

The cat’s out of the bag.  The protest will simply morph into the lawlessness that it was if they are left to their own devices.  Time to end it.  

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

as a decorated veteran

You sure mention this a lot….  Given you think the CIA is propping up the Liberal government.  Given that you think the Republican Party of America, which you say you are a card carrying member of, will take over Canada….   Given all the other obvious bizarre, and frankly, bat shit crazy stuff you say….

Why should anyone believe that you are a Canadian veteran?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

You must have researched it thoroughly.  Please share how you came to that conclusion. Or did you just get the "safe and effective" phrase from a Global headline?

No.  I am not interested in discussing vaccinations with anyone who is hysterical, paranoid and intentionally ignorant about modern medicine and medical science.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Above all else that source needs to be acceptable to both of us

Well, that's the problem, eyeball.

Unless a source agrees with your CBC headlines, you reject it outright.

It's as frustrating to me as the many doctors  and scientists across Canada who have asked to see the science that our public health officers are following and been denied that information.

Why do you think Canada's public Health system refuses to share that information with doctors and scientists?

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think illegal protestors get to declare when the protest is legal again?  The police should now go home since the protestors remaining are only blocking a few streets?  

That’s a recipe for them to go back to exactly how it was, doesn’t it?

No i think people breaking the law should be punished and arrested if necessary, while those not breaking the law should be left alone.

But they have declared downtown ottawa a "no protest zone", meaning Charter Rights do no apply there.