Trucker's Convoy

West

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

once I view the opposition as a mortal peril sworn enemy, it is not exaggeration

if the enemy is not aware that he has incited a war, more fool him

That's a such a radical statement that I will blame on alcohol and tiredness. You should get a rest man.

5 minutes ago, West said:

So the government can now block your bank account without a court order if they don't agree with your views. Welcome to communism folks

There are a lot of things we may be but communism is not one, but our rights and freedoms are or can be fragile and invoked by government at any time. The government has been blocking or seizing accounts for years, like drug dealer assets, etc...

• Like 2

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I am radicalized at the threshold of martial law employed against peaceful protests

of course I am, I mean duh

It's not a civil war. Most people supporting your views about the convoy are good people living their lives, so do most of the Liberals. It is not a civil war, it is by far an overreach, but I don't see how shooting your political opponents will change any of that for the better.

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

There are a lot of things we may be but communism is not one, but our rights and freedoms are or can be fragile and invoked by government at any time. The government has been blocking or seizing accounts for years, like drug dealer assets, etc...

By a court order. Not just because Trudeau doesn't like their views 

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

It's not a civil war. Most people supporting your views about the convoy are good people living their lives, so do most of the Liberals. It is not a civil war, it is by far an overreach, but I don't see how shooting your political opponents will change any of that for the better.

I'm not going to shoot anybody

there are many ways to fight a war

I don't have to do anything violent nor even illegal, to be a force multiplier

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

No the first time you used the source you just sort of outlined what the Ministry of Justice is responsible for.  As far as I could tell it didn't even touch on the SoC, which is the highest legal authority in Canada and where the buck ultimately stops for appeals and challenges.  The government and the Minister of Justice can draft and legislate all they want, but even with Senate approval the SoC can still strike down legislation it deems unconstitutional etc.  

I'm not a lawyer but I did enough law and philosophy courses in university to at least have a basic understanding of how our legal system works, which unfortunately is not true for too many posters here.  

My bad for not articulating well enough, and i did not touch on the SCOC becasue i can not find any source with them in it..The highest legal authority in Canada is the justice minister according to the source. Again i may have read that wrong...

I'm not saying your wrong I'm asking you to give me a source that shows me the way. as i may have misunderstood what i was reading.

The Minister of Justice is responsible for the Department of Justice, which provides legal services such as drafting laws and providing legal advice to the government and its departments. The department also develops criminal law and public law, as well as policies and programs for victims, families, children and youth criminal justice. The Minister of Justice is also the Attorney General or chief law officer of Canada

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not going to shoot anybody

there are many ways to fight a war

I don't have to do anything violent nor even illegal, to be a force multiplier

Another way to convince and make your voice heard is by thoughtfully criticizing the ideas you find wrong and not get too personal. Saying it is civil war... lol.

Your Liberal cashier is no more dangerous than your Tory Truck driver. 

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Another way to convince and make your voice heard is by thoughtfully criticizing the ideas you find wrong and not get too personal. Saying it is civil war... lol.

Your Liberal cashier is no more dangerous than your Tory Truck driver. 

I'm not getting personal

the lawless tyrants are crushing peaceful protests with martial law

martial means what it says, that's war

7 minutes ago, West said:

By a court order. Not just because Trudeau doesn't like their views 

No, there is several ways he can accomplish this , make new laws, or declare an emergency and put in place emergency measures act which gives him more power, or have the majority to pass any action that is deemed reasonable. 

It should be noted this policy has been modified  to reduce the amount of power a PM can wield , before this power gave him almost unlimited power he go go to war on the truckers tommorrow if he decided...today he needs a majority in parliament to do anything serious...

Edited by Army Guy
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I'm not saying your wrong I'm asking you to give me a source that shows me the way. as i may have misunderstood what i was reading.

You're not distinguishing between the Judicial and the Legislative systems.  That's what you're misunderstanding.  I explained the difference in my previous post where I mentioned you @Army Guy.  Hope that helps.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

No, there is several ways he can accomplish this , make new laws, or declare an emergency and put in place emergency measures act which gives him more power, or have the majority to pass any action that is deemed reasonable. 

It should be noted this policy has been modified  to reduce the amount of power a PM can wield , before this power gave him almost unlimited power he go go to war on the truckers tommorrow if he decided...today he needs a majority in parliament to do anything serious...

You comfortable with a PM being able to call up your bank and freeze it on you for protesting his policy?

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

if you are not going to man up when the Americans are crushing peaceful Canadians in the streets ?

go and look in the mirror

try to tell yourself you are not a coward

good luck with that

lol what the hell are you talking about american money  is half the money causeing these protests in the first place lol. stop with the nonsense.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

@Army Guy
I don't think you have a great understanding of the differences between Legislation and our Court system.  

Parliament drafts and implements legislation.  The Senate reviews and approves it.  The Governor General is mostly ceremonial and rubber-stamps the Legislation.  After that it's up to the Courts to decide on how these Laws are to be interpreted, enforced or struck down. 

The Supreme Court of Canada is the highest Court in the land and their decisions are the ultimate application of Canadian Law.  Parliament can write new laws, scrap old ones or update them if they want, and the Supreme Court would then have to interpret and then apply those new laws, but only insofar as they're Constitutional.  If the Supreme Court deems new laws or revisions violate the Constitution, they can strike them down, and that's it.  That's the end of it.  

The separation of Canada's judicial and legislative systems is a vital part of our society.  

Your right i don't , and what i am reading so far from i might add the government of Canada web site...i would have hoped that if one person understood it it would be them...

So i'm curious why would they leave the entire court process be left out of "how to make laws"..

this is what i found " that the SCOC does not have final approval, they're role comes in when that law is challenged in court in this case right up to the SCOC, they can deem it unconstitutional, in which it will be suspended which would send that back to parliament for review to be canceled or reworked...  

How new laws and regulations are created (justice.gc.ca)

Once the bill has been passed in the same form by both Chambers, it goes to the Governor General for Royal Assent and then becomes Canadian law.

The law becomes enforceable once it comes into force. Laws can come into force in the following ways:

when they receive Royal Assent;

on a day or days specified in the Act; and

on a day or days set by the Governor in Council (the Governor General, on the advice of the federal Cabinet).

The entire process is laid out on this web site as well. it does not say anything about the SCOC , 

Once both the Senate and the House of Commons have passed the bill in exactly the same wording, it is given to the Governor General (or his or her appointed representative) for Royal Assent (final approval), and it can become law.

The Process of Passing a Bill | Our Country, Our Parliament

26 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I added another source that spells it out step by step on how laws are processed....I may be wrong but i don't see the SCOC in there, did i miss anything...?

THE LEGISLATIVE PROCESS

Legislation is a written law that provides rules of conduct. To become law, legislation must be approved by Parliament. Proposed legislation is introduced in Parliament in the form of a bill which provides the basis to amend or repeal existing laws or put new ones in place.

Canada’s legislative process involves all three parts of Parliament: the House of Commons (elected, lower Chamber), the Senate (appointed, upper Chamber), and the Monarch (Head of State, who is represented by the Governor General in Canada).

These three parts work together to create new laws.

How new laws and regulations are created (justice.gc.ca)

Legislature (ie the politicians elected to sit in parliament) writes and passes laws by introducing them to parliament and then voting on them. The party that won the most parliament seats in the last election can typically get their way over the other parties in parliament because having more seats mean they have more votes (in the case of a minority government like we have now, they have to make a deal with another party in the legislature to get them to vote the same way). The laws that parliament makes must abide by the constitution. If the court rules they are unconstitutional then the law is effectively null and void. 

Think about it:  the attorney general/Minister of Justice is a member of the Prime Minister’s party and is appointed to his job by the Prime Minister. The people appointed by the Prime Minister to run the various government departments and agencies are called Cabinet Ministers and the Minister of Justice is one of them.Pretty much all laws passed by parliament are introduced by a Cabinet Minister, often the Minister of Justice was directly involved in writing the law or is even the one intending it. Why would they rule their own laws unconstitutional?  

The courts (aka the Judicial branch of government) is independent from the elected (legislative) branch and it is also independent from the the Prime Minister, Cabinet and the departments they control (collectively called the executive branch).  That means the Prime Minister cannot fire judges or tell the courts what to say or do, a general cannot have judges arrested, and government agencies and departments cannot ignore judges rulings.  You are correct that the courts interpret the law, this includes the constitution. 

Heres an explanatory video 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, West said:

You comfortable with a PM being able to call up your bank and freeze it on you for protesting his policy?

No i 'm not but that is what has happened for years, maybe not to truck drivers but criminals etc...not just your bank accounts everything, your house , your car, everything... you or we don't have property rights here in Canada.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

28% is a massive cohort, most insurgencies only need 5% to win

the insurgents don't need a majority to grind Canada to a halt, the Mohawks is a tiny cohort

Yes dictators and military junta leaders and murderous far right extremists  who wish to impose dictatorship or a fascist state indeed do not need a majority. They take over, massacre the opposition and establish their rule by force. We have witnessed that in many regions of the world but it will not happen in Canada. Not in my Canada.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not in my Canada.

whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

but this is Joe Biden ordering Canadian paramilitary forces to crush peaceful Canadians in the streets

women, children, families

set upon by a foreign power under martial law, martial meaning military, as in war

so it has already happened

if you won't fight to defend Canadian families from a foreign tyrant running your PM as his tyrannical puppet ?

what is the point of being Canadian then ?

16 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

So i'm curious why would they leave the entire court process be left out of "how to make laws"..

It's deliberate.  The separation of legislative and judicial systems is very important for maintaining impartiality and ensuring the Rule of Law rather than the Rule of Public Opinion.  If it wasn't set up this way, then the Law would end up swaying back and forth at the whims of whatever Party was in power at the time, which has obviously bad implications. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not getting personal

the lawless tyrants are crushing peaceful protests with martial law

martial means what it says, that's war

The only lawlessness is by truckers who are illegally blocking streets of our Capital and harassing the residents who are now fighting back. The only tyrants are those who with a minority support of far right wanting to overthrow the democratically elected government. Not sure if it is out of ignorance or any other reason but martial law when the army takes over and shoots people in streets is not same as state of emergency.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 2