Trucker's Convoy

West

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

indeed, praise the Lord

and by the way

I am Master Corporal ( retired ) A.R. Smith, CD

I served with The Royal Canadian Regiment & The 48th Highlanders of Canada

my name is Andrew, but everyone calls me Smitty

I met one of those guys in Toronto one year at the Grey Cup!   When I was travelling I used to take pictures of this giraffe at all the sights - London Big Ben, Stonehenge, the clay soldiers in China, etc.

I asked this guy for a pic with the giraffe and he happily obliged and we had a great little laugh and visit.

He told me he was 48th Highlander division.

to guy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I met one of those guys in Toronto one year at the Grey Cup!   When I was travelling I used to take pictures of this giraffe at all the sights - London Big Ben, Stonehenge, the clay soldiers in China, etc.

I asked this guy for a pic with the giraffe and he happily obliged and we had a great little laugh and visit.

He told me he was 48th Highlander division.

to guy.jpg

The 48th Highlanders of Canada

raised as 48th Battalion ( Highlanders ), Canadian Volunteer Militia

by Leftenant Colonel John Irvine Davidson, on 16 October 1891

the regimental motto is Dileas Gu Brath

"Faithful Forever"

although actually, in Scots Gaelic, the literal translation is Faithful Till Judgement Day

the birthplace of the regiment is Saint Andrew's Church on King Street West

Cf3GNjpWsAATTlZ.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Trudeau plans on invoking the Emergencies Act: sources

Funny how quickly and smoothly this moment has arrived. Extraordinary, dictatorial powers to suppress peaceful protest of citizens. This is called what? And it happens where?

Exactly. Democracy is never a given and never has been. This is the price of the two centennial social slumber. And it cannot be deferred indefinitely.

But practically, a very interesting and absolutely necessary experiment: is there something to stop an aspiring dictator in Canada, anything? Well, we shall see and soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Funny how quickly and smoothly this moment has arrived. Extraordinary, dictatorial powers to suppress peaceful protest of citizens. This is called what? And it happens where?

Exactly. Democracy is never a given and never has been. This is the price of the two centennial social slumber. And it cannot be deferred indefinitely.

But practically, a very interesting and absolutely necessary experiment: is there something to stop an aspiring dictator in Canada, anything? Well, we shall see and soon.

The only state of emergency here is that someone bruised sock boys ego and he looks weak on the world stage. His polls are in the tank.. 16% approval. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, myata said:

The brainwashing has been somewhat successful and the population is terrified of a virus and who might carry this boogeyman. So calling in the military to crush your fellow citizens isn't a stretch...the people demand safety above all and these truckers are scary...with their kids and playground gear. 

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Three quarters of Canadians say protesters have made their point and should go home. They also think politicians in general and Trudeau in particular have made things worse. They are now losing support the longer they stay.

Angus Reid poll

even if the truckers are arrested

we veterans will keep coming

you will have to kill us all to stop us

• Like 1

A proven procedure used by governments/authorities to rid themselves of any group/individual they deem unacceptable:  Demonize the group/individual in the press and on the airwaves, inflame the situation with innuendo and falsehoods . . . . . . let simmer, then offer 'the solution'.

Elect a clown . . . expect a circus.

• Like 2

The mayor of Ottawa claimed he made a deal with the trucker and occupiers to leave some residential areas.  What a joke.  They are still there this morning.  What alt reality is the mayor living in?  Does he not realize he is dealing with anarchists and criminal minds?

Edited by blackbird

It is astounding to watch the unraveling of the great Canadian democracy (or is it, the myth of it?) in live stream.

First, the political system is pretty much useless to find a reasonable, peaceful and intelligent solution to a serious social crisis. Representatives-employees, caucus-circuses, senile Senate, judicial lost somewhere on the way, and please just don't mention GG and the Queen. All of it worked only and exactly for as long as there wasn't anything important for it to do. Only when and where there's nothing to do it can work, successfully. OK. That much is clear. What else is there?

What else is left, anything at all? How would we find out?

Edited by myata

Just now, blackbird said:

The mayor of Ottawa claimed he made a deal with the trucker and occupiers to leave some streets.  What a joke.  They are still there this morning.  What alt reality is the mayor living in?  Does he not realize he is dealing with anarchists and criminal minds?

You honestly believe the mayor of Ottawa? Guys a clown

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

whenever you are ready to stop talking and take action

we await you in the streets

Why, you are no longer wanted in the streets. It should be pretty clear by now that a majority of Canadians are tired of a bunch of protesters telling them what’s good for them and holding them hostage.

You have made your point and are turning people who sympathized against you. Quit before you dig a bigger hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, myata said:

What else is left, anything at all? How would we find out?

the enemy is at the gates

the Imperial Hegenomy in Washington in league with the Chinese Communists in Beijing

staging a coup de'tat against the Crown of Canada

this is it, this is the breach

this is where we find out : what is left of Canada and her true patriot sons

Anarchists and law-breakers will face the judgment of God.  

"“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”  Hebrews 9:27 KJV

There is a heaven and there is a hell;  those are the only places one goes for eternity.  There is no such thing as purgatory in the Bible.  That is a man-made invention.  Anybody putting their hope on paying for their evil behavior in purgatory is only fooling themselves.  One needs to repent be born again.  

54 minutes ago, West said:

Bring in the tanks to clear out the bouncy castles eh.

What's wrong with you people?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Where the hell did I or anyone said anything about roiling in tanks?. I have suggested about the use of military machinery to tow away the large number of trucks in downtown Ottawa (in the same post I clearly rejected the use of assault military), but nobody suggested remotely what you accuse us of. And the other one accusing us of mass murdering Canadians because we have to disagree with her views in this debate!!!!!. I wonder about highly extremist views hold by you guys to even think of such evil things.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Anarchists and law-breakers will face the judgment of God.  

"“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”  Hebrews 9:27 KJV

There is a heaven and there is a hell;  those are the only places one goes for eternity.  There is no such thing as purgatory in the Bible.  That is a man-made invention.  Anybody putting their hope on paying for their evil behavior in purgatory is only fooling themselves.  One needs to repent be born again.  

I don't preach

I am but a simple pilgrim on the road to Calvary

no man nor office between me and the Almighty

Christ is with me, like a mountain at my back, no man can speak for the Lord

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the enemy is at the gates

the Imperial Hegenomy in Washington in league with the Chinese Communists in Beijing

staging a coup de'tat against the Crown of Canada

this is it, this is the breach

this is where we find out : what is left of Canada and her true patriot sons

Wow...um...Oh boy.  Not really sure what to say to this.  

microwave brain.jpg