Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, cougar said:

Those that are non-democratic, I assume?

So your expectations were, we are one of them?

I would say what is currently done, infringes on the rights of peaceful assembly and protest.

It was not peaceful. They were hurting fellow Canadians. Hundreds of thousands of their fellow Canadians lost their jobs as a result of just one week blockade. A peaceful protest is to gather somewhere for a limited time, say what they wish to say and then LEAVE. This was not peaceful by any measure.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, cougar said:

Trudeau said authorities are prepared to hit protesters where it hurts the most by suspending commercial trucking licenses and pursuing charges that could result in jail time.

This is a path of an aspiring dictator, in essence if not the letter. The society, a significant part of it rose an essential or even critical issue; as a democratic leader he did not respond in good faith, in honesty and with competence but chose to dismiss it out of hand. This is what dictators do. Assuming onto themselves to speak on behalf of the people too. He is a clear threat to whatever left of Canadian democracy, or was in the first place.

This may line up as a crucial test of the country's democracy right here. To arrest and cease authoritarian aspirations; to create effective checks and oversight over the governments; or to slide to the level of third world. Our choice, our place, our time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So far over 50% have taken the booster in two months since it became available and every day more people are taking it. Last I heard over 70% of Canadians support mandated vaccination and close to 90% have taken it. By any counts you lose.

And you trust the numbers you are given?  

I don't.    I don't believe a single thing I hear on CBC, NOT A THING !

And even if the numbers were true this means that between 30% and 50% of Canadians do not intend to get boosters voluntarily and will not support "passports" (for lack of a better word) and vaccine mandates.

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It was not peaceful. They were hurting fellow Canadians. Hundreds of thousands of their fellow Canadians lost their jobs as a result of just one week blockade. A peaceful protest is to gather somewhere for a limited time, say what they wish to say and then LEAVE. This was not peaceful by any measure.

Those did not lose their jobs !   They were unable to work, because of their own stupidity to support a vaccination mandate that goes against the charter of rights of their own country!

Those who really lost their jobs are all unvaccinated people who were sacked as a result of the mandates.

Edited by cougar

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No... Not with the low level of support we are talking about.  And now with no party behind it.

What low level of support, Can you give a cite? Here's one from me.

46% of Canadians sympathize with trucker convoy
Global News, Posted February 11, 2022

An Ipsos poll published Thursday and conducted exclusively for Global News showed that nearly 46 per cent of Canadians say they “may not agree with everything” the trucker convoy says or does, but the frustration of protesters is “legitimate and worthy” of sympathy.

This sympathy has risen to 61 per cent particularly among Canadians aged 18 to 34, according to the poll.

Looks like pretty good support. it makes sense that Canadians wold feel this way. Turdeau has done nothing to try and calm the situation, only fanned the flames with his dismissive, divisive comments.

Canadians are taking note. (see poll)

• Like 4

Every day that Trudeau acts like a fascist dictator is going to cost him dearly.

Only Trudeau cultists and commies who want tanks to crush fellow Canadians will be left defending him. Support is shedding daily as people ask themselves who is the baddie?...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What low level of support, Can you give a cite? Here's one from me.

46% of Canadians sympathize with trucker convoy
Global News, Posted February 11, 2022

An Ipsos poll published Thursday and conducted exclusively for Global News showed that nearly 46 per cent of Canadians say they “may not agree with everything” the trucker convoy says or does, but the frustration of protesters is “legitimate and worthy” of sympathy.

This sympathy has risen to 61 per cent particularly among Canadians aged 18 to 34, according to the poll.

Looks like pretty good support. it makes sense that Canadians wold feel this way. Turdeau has done nothing to try and calm the situation, only fanned the flames with his dismissive, divisive comments.

Canadians are taking note. (see poll)

Nonsense.  The majority of Canadians oppose the illegal occupation of Ottawa and blockading of vital border and trade crossings.  The protesters in Ottawa are a hard core group of anarchists who want to over throw the democratically-elected government.  The more radical ones have been attracted there from everywhere, but they risk encountering serious consequences at some point.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Nonsense.  The majority of Canadians oppose the illegal occupation of Ottawa and blockading of vital border and trade crossings.  The protesters in Ottawa are a hard core group of anarchists who want to over throw the democratically-elected government.  The more radical ones have been attracted there from everywhere, but they risk encountering serious consequences at some point.

Cover your eyes then. There's the Global link for you to ignore. Pray it away.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

As I said before:

You have to live in other countries to know what a not peaceful end to protest is really. And then begin to appreciate what it is to live in a democracy before trying to destroy that democracy.

The truckers' demonstration started over the vaccination issue. I happen to be pro-vaxx. It later embraced lockdowns and masking. I am with the truckers on lockdowns and masking. To me, vaccinations are 30 minute affairs, three times over a five or six month period. I'm fine with that. I'm not fine over continuing dictatorial powers and restrictions.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Cover your eyes then. There's the Global link for you to ignore. Pray it away.

From that same poll.

On the other hand, 54 per cent of Canadians who participated in this poll believe that people taking part in the protests do not “deserve any of our sympathy” and that what they “have said and done is wrong.”

1 minute ago, jbg said:

The truckers' demonstration started over the vaccination issue. I happen to be pro-vaxx. It later embraced lockdowns and masking. I am with the truckers on lockdowns and masking. To me, vaccinations are 30 minute affairs, three times over a five or six month period. I'm fine with that. I'm not fine over continuing dictatorial powers and restrictions.

The restrictions are to protect citizens.  Why are you so self-centred?

48 minutes ago, cougar said:

When Police are around threatening arrests and intimidating the protesters , I no longer consider it peaceful.

If people have the right to protest, they cannot be threatened, harassed , defunded, intimidated with the power of authority and so on.

Protesting doesn't give you license to break any laws you choose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

So what. They are slicing this up by age group and gave that statistic without details or qualification.

When you have 60% of young people supporting it, that little factoid stands out as statistical lies. Enjoy.

That's 54% of the total number of those poled. You don't get to decide who's opinions don't count. Either recognize the whole poll or stuff it.

Edited by Aristides

Just now, eyeball said:

So police are simply walking towards protestors in Windsor and protesters are simply backing up.

Oh the humanity.

Maybe you'd like to join the fight, get told you'lll face $100k in fines and 1 year in jail. Lose your rights to travel to the USA, and a criminal record.

That is what you call exceedingly visceral and overly punitive measures. Let's hope it really backfires right in old PM Blackface's face.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So police are simply walking towards protestors in Windsor and protesters are simply backing up.

Oh the humanity.

Yeah, well the truckers and allies don't have machineguns and armored cars while the police/army do. Might be the reason...

46 minutes ago, myata said:

This is a path of an aspiring dictator, in essence if not the letter. The society, a significant part of it rose an essential or even critical issue; as a democratic leader he did not respond in good faith, in honesty and with competence but chose to dismiss it out of hand. This is what dictators do. Assuming onto themselves to speak on behalf of the people too. He is a clear threat to whatever left of Canadian democracy, or was in the first place.

This may line up as a crucial test of the country's democracy right here. To arrest and cease authoritarian aspirations; to create effective checks and oversight over the governments; or to slide to the level of third world. Our choice, our place, our time.

Bla Bla Bla. There is sure a shortage of good faith on your part. All you do is whine and complain with nothing else to offer.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

That's 54% of the total number of those poled. You don't get to decide who's opinions don't count.

The poll shows good support for this cause among different groups of Canadians. See headline.

Canadians from all walks of life and all ages, not just white supremacists, as the Prime Turd wants people to believe. You liberals can spin lies about who they are all you want, if it makes you sleep better. I don't give shit. It is what it is.

I'm just waiting for keystone cops to move in and do their thing... will look so good on Canada's government.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Maybe you'd like to join the fight, get told you'lll face $100k in fines and 1 year in jail. Lose your rights to travel to the USA, and a criminal record.

That is what you call exceedingly visceral and overly punitive measures. Let's hope it really backfires right in old PM Blackface's face.

You can see why the Yanks are keen on that 2nd Amendment. 

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yeah, well the truckers and allies don't have machineguns and armored cars while the police/army do. Might be the reason...

Good god, you have got away with this crap for over two weeks and the authorities haven't lifted a finger. In many other countries the tear gas and water cannons would have been pulled out weeks ago.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

You first find out the percentage of those who will take the booster shot.  Then the percentage of those who approve of mandatory vaccinations.   Your "rest of Canada"  may be a minority of sheep.

You keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to cope.  

Just now, Aristides said:

Good god, you have got away with this crap for over two weeks and the authorities haven't lifted a finger. In many other countries the tear gas and water cannons would have been pulled out weeks ago.

You're just another fascist, bud.

• Like 1