Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

I didn’t say they were all racist or privileged. I said it’s funny that when protesters are conspicuously non-white,  conservatives are outraged that anyone would dare disturb polite society and interfere with commerce for their personal issues….and yet now   for some reason conservatives are claiming that for this mostly white group - which only has a small amount of Nazis and racists -  disturbing polite society and interfering with commerce is a beautifully patriotic duty.

most of the BLM and antifa protestors are white too

dummy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

but it's an order that has a connotation that every soldier knows very well

OK I've no military background but I take the message in a broader context: our freedoms are being taken away, piece by piece and crumb by crumb and we have no say or control over it. The ruling caste has grown into just watch us and just do it mode of operation. So it's now or maybe not for a long time or very long time. And that's the only meaning I got from it.

16 minutes ago, myata said:

OK I've no military background but I take the message in a broader context: our freedoms are being taken away, piece by piece and crumb by crumb and we have no say or control over it. The ruling caste has grown into just watch us and just do it mode of operation. So it's now or maybe not for a long time or very long time. And that's the only meaning I got from it.

Historically when this happens it leads to violence. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it did. You can only whip the dog so long until it bites back

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, West said:

Historically when this happens it leads to violence.

I hope not from the protesters. But violent arrests? Again how much control we as citizens have over this possibility? Can we say, and be confident that it cannot and won't happen in the country? I'm not and can't.

12 minutes ago, myata said:

Collins dictionary says this: c. 

(of soldiers) to keep formation, as when under fire

He was speaking directly to soldiers, this is the meanig according to Collins online dictionary. 

I wish that he wouldn't have said it for a couple od reasons

1) some soldiers might think of it in military terms, which isn't good. If they say 'til Valahalla it's gonna be a shitshow and don't try to reason with them at that point.

2) leftists are desperate to paint this Freedom Convoy as an insurgence, and they're well aware of the connotations of terms when it suits their fancy. That's exactly why the people at CNN and posters here, like BeaverFever, tried to put the words "march on Washington" into Trump's mouth. If there's any resistance at all, 'hold the line' will be the new buzzword for the next year and it will haunt the Freedom Convoy forever. 

I just wish he would have appended that with, 'until you're arrested', or 'until the police come with an order to ___________', IE some bullshit that sounds official and means that they can use force to remove you. 

He definitely should have specified exactly what he meant by 'hold the line'. It's very meaningful, powerful terminology.

If you told Dougie93 to hold the line he'd probably be there until there was just a puddle of goo.

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He definitely should have specified exactly what he meant by 'hold the line'. It's very meaningful, powerful terminology.

OK I have no depth to comment further on the statement but probably such a clarification would be useful. I can't imagine though that folks wouldn't reflect on it before going and if they choose to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve never seen anything like this in Canada.  Alarms sounding among our veterans. 

Brilliant and touching.

Yet now people are talking about terms used in that clip and the "context".

To them I say, 'Get a grip on reality'. The meaning of the vet's statement is crystal clear. It's a call for support for the cause of the convoy...Freedom. not a single word about "violence". 

Stop trying to twist this touching and positive plea for support...into something sinister.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup, Canada is becoming Cuba.  Young people won’t be able to buy homes.  They’ll rent little apartments, work from home or as essential workers under public safety measures, have curtailed freedoms, and live a subsistence lifestyle.  Nowhere to take your complaints.  

I believe that the provincial and federal governments will not explicitly cave to the trucker's demands. I suspect that the dam will break towards a return to normalcy. This is not confined to the  far-right. People don't like living this way.

Governments should never be left alone, to take care of themselves. This is that will happen, again and again and over, when governments get used to running themselves. The political system in Canada is a joke and a caricature, a clumsy and pathetic doodle of effective checks and control. It's so non existent as such that needn't even be mentioned. Canadians need to wake up and think about that problem now; or Heavens themselves may not know what the country would look like in two or three decades.

Edited by myata

3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Unquote    Romans 1:3,4 KJV

Notice here in God's inspired word that God has ordained rulers to enforce law and order.   The rulers determine the laws and their enforcement, not the ruled.  The responsibility of the ruled is to obey the laws.  Those who refuse are rebelling against the God-ordained authorities and risk the authorities coming down on them with force in whatever way the authority deem appropriate.  It becomes especially difficult when you have a large number of protesters who have convinced themselves they are on the right side of the law or an issue.  These verses should serve as a warning to those who think they are above the law of the land.  Tragically the Bible was taken out of public schools and many have imbibed the idea that individual citizens are final judge of what is right or wrong. Morality has become a relative thing based on whatever seems popular.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Notice here in God's inspired word that God has ordained rulers to enforce law and order.   The rulers determine the laws and their enforcement, not the ruled.  The responsibility of the ruled is to obey the laws.  Those who refuse are rebelling against the God-ordained authorities and risk the authorities coming down on them with force in whatever way the authority deem appropriate.  It becomes especially difficult when you have a large number of protesters who have convinced themselves they are on the right side of the law or an issue.  These verses should serve as a warning to those who think they are above the law of the land.  Tragically the Bible was taken out of public schools and many have imbibed the idea that individual citizens are final judge of what is right or wrong. Morality has become a relative thing based on whatever seems popular.

Nobody, however, made these rules G-d. As Myata said in Post 143 (link):

Governments should never be left alone, to take care of themselves. This is that will happen, again and again and over, when governments get used to running themselves.

The governments should be made to remember that they work for us. We don't work for them. The Covid emergency seems to have given government leaders the world around the belief that they could invoke the talisman "Covid" and order everyone around.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau said authorities are prepared to hit protesters where it hurts the most by suspending commercial trucking licenses and pursuing charges that could result in jail time. He also warned that criminal sanctions could be levelled that would stop the protesters from ever travelling internationally again.”

CBC

I imagine, he does not intend to appear in public anywhere again.   Because it wouldn't be small pebbles people will be throwing at him now.

My earlier post was removed for no reason. It is interesting that the post by those making personal attacks calling members fascists' stays and mine is deleted with a warning!!!!

In my post I updated the the police has moved in to break the illegal blockade of Ambassador Bridge and the blockade is appeared to be coming to an end peacefully.  In my post I had also demanded that Ottawa police take the same path and move in to break illegal blockade of Ottawa streets immediately.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

In my post I updated the the police has moved in to break the illegal blockade of Ambassador Bridge and the blockade is appeared to be coming to an end peacefully.  In my post I had also demanded that Ottawa police take the same path and move in to break illegal blockade of Ottawa streets immediately.

Don't you see any contradiction in your statements?

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

and the rest of Canada cheered.  

You first find out the percentage of those who will take the booster shot.  Then the percentage of those who approve of mandatory vaccinations.   Your "rest of Canada"  may be a minority of sheep.

11 minutes ago, cougar said:

Don't you see any contradiction in your statements?

You have to live in other countries to know what a not peaceful end to protest is really. And then begin to appreciate what it is to live in a democracy before trying to destroy that democracy.

No because there has been many cases around the world that police moves in and breaks up anti-government protests not peacefully either by attacking them violently with batons breaking many skulls  or shooting into demonstrators and killing and injuring many but here we have a Liberal government and it is a democracy. The government tolerated these illegal blockades for days and weeks hoping they will end the illegal blockades but now under pressure from public they had to take limited action and move in to break up the blockades so far without violence.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

15 hours ago, West said:

Yes we are opposed to Trudeau wrecking the economy and putting people out of work

You just need to come to the realization that the economy is wrecked, no matter who it is in power and what political party. The problem you have is purely environmental and mathematical and has to do with limits and balances.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, cougar said:

You first find out the percentage of those who will take the booster shot.  Then the percentage of those who approve of mandatory vaccinations.   Your "rest of Canada"  may be a minority of sheep.

So far over 50% have taken the booster in two months since it became available and every day more people are taking it. Last I heard over 70% of Canadians support mandated vaccination and close to 90% have taken it. By any counts you lose.

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No because.....

When Police are around threatening arrests and intimidating the protesters , I no longer consider it peaceful.

If people have the right to protest, they cannot be threatened, harassed , defunded, intimidated with the power of authority and so on.

Just now, cougar said:

When Police are around threatening arrests and intimidating the protesters , I no longer consider it peaceful.

If people have the right to protest, they cannot be threatened, harassed , defunded, intimidated with the power of authority and so on.

As I said before:

You have to live in other countries to know what a not peaceful end to protest is really. And then begin to appreciate what it is to live in a democracy before trying to destroy that democracy.

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

As I said before:

Those that are non-democratic, I assume?

So your expectations were, we are one of them?

I would say what is currently done, infringes on the rights of peaceful assembly and protest.