Trucker's Convoy

West

Wow, the US left is starting to turn on Trudeau.  I knew he crossed the line, a few lines actually.  Watch tonight’s Bill Maher.

Just so you know, I’ve been a liberal almost all my life. The protests aren’t about left versus right.  Of course.  It’s about privileged policy makers failing to recognize the impacts of their policies on the people who do the heavy lifting.

It’s also about securing civil rights for all.

Edited by Zeitgeist

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s also about securing civil rights for all.

Yep....Canadian media seems to have a very short memory when it comes to the name Trudeau:

On October 14, 1976 over a million workers walked off the job across Canada as part of a General Strike called by the Canadian Labour Congress to protest the federal government’s plans to impose wage and price control legislation – a broken campaign promise and betrayal of workers by the Trudeau Liberal government.

Seeking re‑election, the Liberal Party, led by Pierre Trudeau, openly ridiculed the idea and presented itself to Canadians as an anti-control party. Working people, fearing the loss of jobs and income, flocked to the Liberals, returning them to power with a majority government.

Just one year later, Trudeau broke his promise. Canadians were outraged.

https://canadianlabour.ca/the-largest-labour-protest-in-canadian-history/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

That's the thing, you don't care about the hardships being inflicted on Canadians by these blockades.

Look at you. You support vaccine mandates and people losing businesses due to lockdowns. 

The government has done far more harm over these past years than a few truckers annoying locals in Ottawa 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s the bogus argument that keeps emerging, that somehow the convoy is a protest of the white privileged.  I think the idea is that if they can make these essential workers of all different ethnic backgrounds look like retrograde radicals and racists they can be discredited on that basis.  Guess who makes up a disproportionately large portion of the unvaccinated?  People of colour, poor, people with mental health issues — oh and a lot of feminists (“my body, my choice”).

The game of stereotyping and discrediting has to stop, because those little Charter rights that the truckers are fighting to protect are all about protecting minority rights.

I also find it ridiculous that the leader of the traditional party of the working class, the NDP, is looking down his nose at these protesters.  Who knew our left wing ruling coalition is run by elitist snobs?  The Liberals are no longer liberal and the NDP are no longer democratic.  

Oh I didn’t say they weed privileged, most are working class.  But they are predominately white 

18 minutes ago, West said:

Look at you. You support vaccine mandates and people losing businesses due to lockdowns. 

The government has done far more harm over these past years than a few truckers annoying locals in Ottawa 

The sad part is, I’m not sure average Canadians consuming legacy media really understand how far Canada has fallen.  Yes a big chunk of the country hates Trudeau and wants him gone, but I worry that there are enough gullible people to keep this guy going through minority government for a while yet. I stand firmly and honestly by my position that Canadians are living under unconstitutional policies and a government that is refusing to acknowledge its violation of citizens’ rights.   It won’t respond to the very serious concerns of a sizeable portion of the population that opposes mandates.  It’s oppressive.  Canada is a totalitarian country right now.  I don’t like Canada now.   We’re less free than Americans, and not all US states are equally free.

I’d like to thank this forum for maintaining important freedom of speech, which is under threat in Canada.

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The world you are building.

Like nothing else, this will convert people from passive to active freedom protesters, one door at a time.  And not only that, people that just see the video of cops banging on doors of “wayward” facebook posters, will be outraged into action.

Thanks, OPP, for being willing to do the dirty work!

2 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Oh I didn’t say they weed privileged, most are working class.  But they are predominately white 

So what?   Most Canadians are white.  It doesn’t make the protesters racist or privileged, and there’s a wide range of cultures and races in the protests.   What sucky woke bullshit.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The sad part is, I’m not sure average Canadians consuming legacy media really understand how far Canada has fallen.  Yes a big chunk of the country hates Trudeau and wants him gone, but I worry that there are enough gullible people to keep this guy going through minority government for a while yet. I’m stand firmly and honestly by my position that Canadians are living under unconstitutional policies and a government that is refusing to acknowledge its violation of citizens’ rights.   It won’t respond to the very serious concerns of a sizeable portion of the population that opposes mandates.  It’s oppressive.  Canada is a totalitarian country right now.  I don’t like Canada now.   We’re less free than Americans, and not all US states are equally free.

I’d like to thank this forum for maintaining important freedom of speech, which is under threat in Canada.

Problem with Ontario is its so full of government beaurocrats and office workers that they don't have anything in common with their fellow Canadians. We literally have small businesses going belly up thanks to government lockdowns while these folks have recieved wage increases over the past years and give themselves a pat on the back for absurd policy. 

They figure people should just be happy the government gives them a little bit of crumbs with cerb while destroying their lives

Edited by West

20 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Like nothing else, this will convert people from passive to active freedom protesters, one door at a time.  And not only that, people that just see the video of cops banging on doors of “wayward” facebook posters, will be outraged into action.

Thanks, OPP, for being willing to do the dirty work!

But will they though?  None of this will appear on CBC, CTV, or Global.  You won’t find it in the Star or Globe. All people hear about from government is blockades and hurting trade.  Really sad what’s happening in Canada.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

So what?   Most Canadians are white.  It doesn’t make the protesters racist or privileged, and there’s a wide range of cultures and races in the protests.   What sucky woke bullshit.  

I didn’t say they were all racist or privileged. I said it’s funny that when protesters are conspicuously non-white,  conservatives are outraged that anyone would dare disturb polite society and interfere with commerce for their personal issues….and yet now   for some reason conservatives are claiming that for this mostly white group - which only has a small amount of Nazis and racists -  disturbing polite society and interfering with commerce is a beautifully patriotic duty.

15 minutes ago, West said:

Problem with Ontario is its so full of government beaurocrats and office workers that they don't have anything in common with their fellow Canadians. We literally have small businesses going belly up thanks to government lockdowns while these folks have recieved wage increases over the past years and give themselves a pat on the back for absurd policy. 

They figure people should just be happy the government gives them a little bit of crumbs with cerb while destroying their lives

Yup, Canada is becoming Cuba.  Young people won’t be able to buy homes.  They’ll rent little apartments, work from home or as essential workers under public safety measures, have curtailed freedoms, and live a subsistence lifestyle.  Nowhere to take your complaints.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

I didn’t say they were all racist or privileged. I said it’s funny that when protesters are conspicuously non-white,  conservatives are outraged that anyone would dare disturb polite society and interfere with commerce for their personal issues….and yet now   for some reason conservatives are claiming that for this mostly white group - which only has a small amount of Nazis and racists -  disturbing polite society and interfering with commerce is a beautifully patriotic duty.

That’s a tiresome old hat woke argument.

You’re not allowed to see the protesters as regular Canadians.  They must either be radicals or privileged by race.   You’re buying into the narrative that these people are lesser in some way.  It’s wrong and undermines the genuine concerns about freedom for all Canadians.

Canada is a fascist country.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

None of this will appear on CBC, CTV, or Global.  You won’t find it in the Star or Globe.

Does it sound to you like something? Like for example beta testing, in operation of a new product or technology? Look it worked so smoothly with the epidemics, let's try it with protests now! (Dr Goebbels, the proud inventor, smiling)

14 minutes ago, myata said:

Does it sound to you like something? Like for example beta testing, in operation of a new product or technology? Look it worked so smoothly with the epidemics, let's try it with protests now! (Dr Goebbels, the proud inventor, smiling)

There are precedents for this in Canada.  From the National Post, Dec. 6, 2017:

“Canada has a long history of subjecting its people to questionable and dangerous experiments. During the Second World War, mustard gas tests were conducted on 3,000 volunteers at a military base in Suffield. In the 1960s, CIA experiments conducted in Quebec on unknowing subjects analyzed whether it was possible — with the use of LSD and electroshocks — to eliminate memories and build them back up.”

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

But will they though?  None of this will appear on CBC, CTV, or Global.  You won’t find it in the Star or Globe. All people hear about from government is blockades and hurting trade.  Really sad what’s happening in Canada.  

It’s on YouTube.

And it will spread the way hot gossip used to spread, the ‘low tech’ method…

The truckers and supporters do not seem to be phased at all by impotent threats from the "authorities".   The truckers know that a forced/violent removal is something government does not want to do.    Just the logistics of removing disabled trucks is a daunting task even if everyone cooperated.

It is great to see Canadian citizens standing up for what they believe in and having the balls to hold the line.

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve never seen anything like this in Canada.  Alarms sounding among our veterans. 

I get that he asked for peace a couple of times, and I absolutely hope that every single Freedom Convoy member just peacefully lets themselves be arrested so that they don't get baited into the shitshow that Trudeau and his propagandists so desperately need, but he shouldn't have said "hold the line". 

I get that he wanted it to sound cool, maybe he just said it because he felt like this was his one chance to say it, but it's an order that has a connotation that every soldier knows very well, and it doesn't inspire peace. It's akin to "no retreat, no surrender".

Not just "show up, stand peacefully until the police arrest you". It definitely implies "resistance", at the very least, to the vast majority of ex-military.