Trucker's Convoy

West

33 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There is no God given right to break the law.  Governments have a God given right to impose health restrictions and mandates whether you agree or not because government is protecting the health and lives of people.  You completely lost that one.

Read your book, man.

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's"Matthew 22:22

God given rights are God's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Short of a military coupe, how exactly would that be accomplished? He just won an election four months ago. 

Umm…he could remove the mandates? What does him winning an election have to do with poor decisions he’s made since?

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the second quote is the Declaration of Independence

try to keep up, know nothing

Declaration of Independence is for United States!!!!!. You far right protesters wish to make Canada a colony of United States? Why not you are funded by United States. Canadian nationalists are awake and will not allow it.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

4 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Umm…he could remove the mandates? What does him winning an election have to do with poor decisions he’s made since?

Sorry, I thought you were going on about removing him from power, like some of these protestors are. 

I think JT sees these protests as a problem for the CPC. His base sees these protestors as boars. He likes antagonizing them TBH. 

His government should relax some travel restrictions. Like needing a negative PCR test. But not because a bunch of truckers are blocking border crossings. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

I think JT sees these protests as a problem for the CPC. His base sees these protestors as boars. He likes antagonizing them TBH. 

He’s definitely playing a political angle here. Where it may bite him is if the US drops their mandates and puts the push in Canada to do the same. It will look like the truckers win and Trudeau is a pawn. We all know Covid is going endemic. Even Fauci made a similar declaration recently. These mandates will be gone soon one way or another so it would be better for Trudeau to be in front of it rather than being pushed by it

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Sorry, I thought you were going on about removing him from power, like some of these protestors are. 

Are you a victim of lazy reading, or are you hoping everybody else is?

You were responding to this:

10 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

I guarantee you that if they removed the mandates and left Trudeau in power, these truckers would all gladly go home

55 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I support following the laws and health restrictions are part of the law.  Governments are the lawful authority.  You prove you are an anarchist and support law-breaking.  So that makes you a follower of the Devil.

Yeesh.

So whatever the government tells you to do, you're gonna do it. No questions.

Like the Germans who were told  by their government to turn Jews in for extermination.

You'd do it because the government told you to.

Yeesh. That is quite the odd moral compass you have there.

Is all I can say.

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The only reason you are pretending to defend hearing about God is because you oppose health restrictions and mandates.  Otherwise you don't believe in the Bible.

I support common sense health advice and education like washing your hands. I oppose government overreach and intrusion into people's medical decisions and Christians who support some disgusting policies like vaccine passports and stealing supplies

Im in favor of allowing people to do their own risk assessments on masks, vaccines and gatherings as is the case with any other communicable illness. Hope that helps

Edited by West

6 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

He’s definitely playing a political angle here. Where it may bite him is if the US drops their mandates and puts the push in Canada to do the same. It will look like the truckers win and Trudeau is a pawn. We all know Covid is going endemic. Even Fauci made a similar declaration recently. These mandates will be gone soon one way or another so it would be better for Trudeau to be in front of it rather than being pushed by it

Yeah it's delicate. I wouldn't suggest politicians are doing this because of the protests. 

No one likes restrictions on a version of this virus that is virtually harmless to all relatively healthy people. I certainly don't. 

But the numbers show that we're well on the downside of this wave and it infected many millions of Canadians without crippling healthcare beyond the labour shortages it caused. 

That's what should lead the drive to reduce restriction. Not some Truck drivers funded by Americans having public temper tantrums. 

6 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Are you a victim of lazy reading, or are you hoping everybody else is?

You were responding to this:

I think I admitted to lazy reading. My bad. I corrected it. 

That being said, some of these people in Ottawa really think they can remove JT from office. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

That's what should lead the drive to reduce restriction. Not some Truck drivers funded by Americans having public temper tantrums. 

Exactly. That’s why I put the blame on Trudeau. When other Countries we’re removing restrictions altogether, he was ramping them up. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

That being said, some of these people in Ottawa really think they can remove JT from office. 

Isn't necessary. Alberta, Saskatchewan and this morning King Doug of Ontario are talking removing restrictions. Commie Bonnie Henry of BC is enjoying her new power too much to fall in line but she will eventually. Apparently the American blue states are talking removing mandates with midterms coming.

What will happen when the cheese stands alone. Castro's boy being the cheese.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Exactly. That’s why I put the blame on Trudeau. When other Countries we’re removing restrictions altogether, he was ramping them up. 

Canada was lagging behind in pandemic. While pandemic indicators were getting better in Europe, same indicators were showing upwards or worsening trend in Canada.

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yeesh.

So whatever the government tells you to do, you're gonna do it. No questions.

Like the Germans who were told  by their government to turn Jews in for extermination.

You'd do it because the government told you to.

Yeesh. That is quite the odd moral compass you have there.

Is all I can say.

The usual lies.

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No, because they didn't block vital bridges and street blockages creating chaos and disorder in the country with intention to change the government by force.

They burned down buildings in the US. 

This protest, while having minor inconveniences, hasn't been anywhere near as violent or destructive as the protests Trudeau supported in 2020. 

Also left wing groups have done blockades of train and pipe lines

Edited by West

6 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Well these countries "removing restrictions" still are requiring some sort of vaccination to cross borders. 

The restrictions most people are upset about are the ones that shut down recreational activities and tell people how many people they can have in their homes. Which is a provincial responsibility. 

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No, because they didn't block vital bridges and street blockages creating chaos and disorder in the country with intention to change the government by force.

The truckers aren't trying 'to change the government by force.'

If Trudeau dropped the mandate . . . . . trucks would roll back to work.

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What reality are you living in? BLM and Antifa did all that and more. Much more. And yes the ultimate goal is a communist utopia with those guys so yeah..." change the government by force"

8 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Isn't necessary. Alberta, Saskatchewan and this morning King Doug of Ontario are talking removing restrictions. Commie Bonnie Henry of BC is enjoying her new power too much to fall in line but she will eventually. Apparently the American blue states are talking removing mandates with midterms coming.

What will happen when the cheese stands alone. Castro's boy being the cheese.

Again, these aren't the restrictions pertaining to Truckers. 

The biggest question is when JT will stop forcing people to get a $150 PCR test to cross the border. That effects way more people than the 10% of Truckers that don't want to get vaxxed. 

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well these countries "removing restrictions" still are requiring some sort of vaccination to cross borders. 

Do you have a cite for this? I can’t seem to find anything quickly. Maybe you already read up on this. 

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

The restrictions most people are upset about are the ones that shut down recreational activities and tell people how many people they can have in their homes. Which is a provincial responsibility. 

Sure but this trucker convoy started as a protest against the truckers mandate. Then evolved into other reasons as protests always do. You ask for the moon and settle for much smaller.