Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, cougar said:

My guess is that much of the police force is with the protesters; Police officers were also facing  mandatory vaccinations.

They fought hard against mandated vaccinations and won, arguing that they would take away their rights as Canadians.

Ottawa police are exempt from vaccinations.

I think this is why so many of them are reluctant to infringe on others fighting for that same right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Unfamiliar with home schooling? 

If the parent is a certified teacher, I don't have a problem with it, but if the parent is unqualified to teach math, science and geography, then it is a problem. Home schooled children should be able to meet the same outcomes as children taught in the public system. I didn't see a lot of schooling going on at the Ottawa protest. What I do see is children being taught the obeying the law and respecting the rights of others  is not a requirement in society.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

They fought hard against mandated vaccinations and won, arguing that they would take away their rights as Canadians.

Ottawa police are exempt from vaccinations.

I think this is why so many of them are reluctant to infringe on others fighting for that same right.

Ours are exempt from mandatory vaccination as well but they have to undergo regular testing and wear N95 masks when dealing with the public.

20 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

...I am not saying there is some "yankee imperialist" conspiracy going on but at the moment, the CCP has far less impact than the USA.

True in the macro-economic sense, but not for this specific protest action in Canada.   What is remarkable is that Canadians have mustered together to fight tyranny on their own terms regardless of what the Americans may do.

25 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's only logical that variants come from highly populated areas| FULL STOP. Checkmark.

Vaccination rates have nothing to do with it, unless the vaccines are highly effective and knock replication down to a great extent, but that's definitely not the case with the covid jabs. 

FYI, not all antibodies are created equally. If your body makes shitty antibodies they can actually help viruses invade cells, or invade cells that they don't normally invade. 

It's possible that the antibodies that are produced by the jabs will eventually come across a strain of covid which they worsen.

Just remember that the viruses came from a lab that is run by the Chinses military. The Chinese gov't can definitely research viruses that respond 'a certain way' to the antibodies produced by the Pfizer and Moderna vaxes. 

That's entirely stupid, stupid, stupid. There hasn't even been a part of the world that had 'high vaccination rates' until summer of 2021. 

You still can't explain why none of the new variants have come from places with high vaccination rates.

CERB was seventy-five times as much. Where have you been? 

The data has been out for a long time that people under 30 weren't at risk from covid. Did they need to stay home? 

So you think the government should have spent 300 billion on vaccines and therapies and nothing on relief? You don't even believe in vaccines. You are just throwing crap out there and hoping some will stick.

Edited by Aristides

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

True in the macro-economic sense, but not for this specific protest action in Canada.   What is remarkable is that Canadians have mustered together to fight tyranny on their own terms regardless of what the Americans may do.

What tyranny? People are demonstrating and nothing is being done to stop them. Maybe Canada values free speech and the right to expression more than America.

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I saw a funny comment on one of the threads today.  A picture of the kids enjoying the bouncy castles and playground equipment and a comment about declaring a state of emergency.

One lady commented, "We are planning a state of emergency for our 3 year old daughter, when she turns 4 this spring."

It seems t me the display of children playing is purposeful and organized to fool the public opinion to hide their real face of forcefully blocking main streets of nation's Capital and illegal foreign funding and God knows what is in plan to destroy our democracy. Yes sure children playing are too innocent for state of emergency. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

They have a better role out of schools. They are there to show the peaceful innocent nature of protesters.

Right. Parents who use little kids to protest and get them to wave signs and spout stuff they don't understand disgust me. I don't care what the cause. If this turns nasty, the kids will be in the  middle of it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The Courts have ruled on grievences by people being firedfor refusing to be vaccinated. The court said the termination was the employee's choice.

This is being challenged and rightfully so.

Think about it - Ottawa police were granted exemptions because it infringed on their rights as Canadians.  Other groups have also been given exemptions.  Most of the government too, actually.  

Their cases set precedence for the protesters, proving that the protesters have a legitimate case and so do all Canadians, as it proves the mandates to be unlawful and unconstitutional.

Since then, emerging and previously suppressed information from greater experts on the subject than we've been hearing from  prove that these mandates do not work.

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it's to illustrate the point of how destructive the government restrictions are

and so that the idiotic supporters of those policies have to resort to hypocrisy to call them out on it

Trucking was never restricted during the pandemic. No one in that industry lost a job. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Are you really comparing the victims of the Holocaust with these protesters? Do you really want to go there?

Too on point for you? Sophie had to make a choice, none the less in that Hollywood movie.

People have to "choose" to get injected with a mystery mRNA 'vaccine' (that apparently doesn't work) or lose their jobs. You can pretend it is voluntary...from your ivory tower eating cake. 

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What tyranny? People are demonstrating and nothing is being done to stop them. Maybe Canada values free speech and the right to expression more than America.

In this instance, yes...and that's OK.   First Nations have also used this tactic in the past, so it is very Canadian. 

• Like 2