Trucker's Convoy

West

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

no proof it was the protesters whatsoever

That's true. But the timing immediately after an altercation with protesters is suspect. And unlike the Winnipeg incident (which you are quick to politicize), the police are not saying it was unrelated to the protest. The culprits will inevitably be arrested and then you'll switch to calling them victims.

4 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

That's true. But the timing immediately after an altercation with protesters is suspect. And unlike the Winnipeg incident (which you are quick to politicize), the police are not saying it was unrelated to the protest. The culprits will inevitably be arrested and then you'll switch to calling them victims.

speculation based on confirmation bias

and a ridiculous confirmation bias at that

the only people getting hurt at these protests are the Truckers by people opposing the Truckers

yet you cling to the belief that they are the danger with no evidence

meanwhile the far left protests that cause far more damage are never criticized by you

instead you'd rather grasp for the far right boogeyman straws

as a deflection to defend such protests

Marcuse's repressive tolerance

Edited by Yzermandius19

20 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Lol, what total horseshit. That's staged AF.

Do those guys with the backpacks look like truckers skate-boarders?

Did that guy just save the world by stepping on a bag of flaming dogshit?

Initially I thought that it was a joke that you were citing CTV, but now I have to thank you for that treasure trove of proof that CTV is just garbage and propaganda. 

Edited by WestCanMan

8 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Jussie Smollett got caught, hopefully these guys do too. 

Most people watch one of two Canadian news broadcasts later at night: CTV News and CBC news.  Do you think that those accounts of the convoy have been fair?  I don’t. It’s Pravda and Izvestia.  Of course government funding of our major broadcasters has no influence on content…Unicorns and rainbows for everyone.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t. It’s Pravda and Izvestia.

If I truely believed I was trapped and suffocating to death under the weight of the tyranny you describe I'd have picked up a weapon by now and trying my best to kill who ever was trying to kill me.

I just don't understand why you and 3/4 of the people in this forum are not doing that already.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If I truely believed I was trapped and suffocating to death under the weight of the tyranny you describe I'd have picked up a weapon by now and trying my best to kill who ever was trying to kill me.

I just don't understand why you and 3/4 of the people in this forum are not doing that already.

Peace, order, and responsible government.

35 minutes ago, eyeball said:

They don't have to be violent these days, the typical Canadian today is easily managed.  As long as they get the same script from big tech, big pharma and the media, mixed in with some fearmongering, they'll roll up their sleeves to avoid something that's supposed to be deadly.  But the result is pretty much the same as tyranny, freedom wise.

The ugly underbelly is that any doctor or nurse that insists on other treatments gets fired.  Big media and tech silently censor and suppress opposing views to the point of ruining people's lives.  Now that is what has me amazed.  How did the powers that be get everyone singing from the same songbook?  Absolutely no opposing views.  No questions, except from those that get quickly silenced.   Maybe I answered my own question.  

• Like 1

Further to my comments about Trudeau refusing to lift restrictions:

Today in parliament, rather than answer questions on when he will lift restrictions and allow Canadians to get back to normal, Trudeau actually walked out of the chamber in the middle of a question from the opposition.

This man is a donkey on the edge.

His fantasy life of power, wealth and prestige is crumbling around him.  His wife has left him, his country is in revolt and the whole world now sees that he is an emperor with no clothes.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

You are badly deceived, likely by Satan.

Deceived? No, but we have danced a few times.

The rest of what you said is what I am talking about. Someone needs to push back on the government, force them to address those problems.

I could live with it if they at least provided help to those whose lives are affected by the so-called health measures/ shutdowns.

But they don't.

Time to come off that cloud, blackbird.

Edited by OftenWrong

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

OK here's the Leger poll on the Convoy...

There's 17% 'strong support' so maybe people can understand Trudeau's response a little more now ?

Now before you JUMP DOWN MY THROAT - DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGERS.  I am sympathetic with popular uprisings, but this falls a little short of being popular:

https://leger360.com/surveys/legers-north-american-tracker-february-8-2022/

Some people are starting to get more boistruous about their opposition to the convoy too:

That is true there are 32 % of Canadians that support the convoy , and the majority 62 % oppose, and some how 7 % say they don't know, OK the math seems a little off, maybe it is the new math but some how we ended up with 101 %, if your going to do something might as well over achieve,  101% it is then... 

One would have to admit 32% or even 17 % of all Canadian support it thats a lot of people, I did give a source a couple of days ago that 52 % support the idea of getting rid of mandates... but we both know that these polls don't really tell the whole story...

There are polls that also show Justin popularity is sliding fast the lowest it has been todate...and while this is going to blow soon over and Justin will become Canada's favorite son once again the universe will be back to normal..

The Freedom Convoy is dividing Canadians

Edited by Army Guy

What’s clear is that the majority of the population wants pandemic “emergency measures” lifted, there’s a strong protest movement demanding accountability on the government’s plan to lift the measures (if one exists), and the Prime Minister refuses to meet with the protest leaders or provide reasons for the continued suspension of Charter rights.

His position is a losing one.  Public frustration with mandates and restrictions is boiling over.  The opposition is finally getting its act together.   Canadians can see Trudeau’s evasions and vilification of protesters who have legitimate concerns.  This won’t fade away into more quiet compliance through more attempts to put down the protests and quell public sentiment.

The wisest move for Trudeau is to drop the arrogance and pride and do the right thing.  Vaccine mandates and passports are anathema to a free society.  To take away constitutional rights and give some of them back to those who accept and provide proof of adopting a government-mandated health program is unacceptable in a so-called free country.  The reduction of freedoms for the unvaccinated as well as the public’s government-condoned shaming of the unvaccinated is oppressive.

Vaccine passports are oppressive and I’m ashamed that Canada has them.  This will be remembered as a dark period in our history, though it could get darker.  We should thank the truckers for putting themselves on the line to defend our constitutional rights.

End vaccine passports and mandates immediately across Canada.  They contravene our Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  Canada is a freedom laggard now. Restrictions must also be lifted, including mandatory masking, as soon as possible, as they are in most US states, Great Britain, and a growing number of European countries. 

I’m sure that once the mandates go, so will the truckers, of their own free will.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

What’s clear is that the majority of the population wants pandemic “emergency measures” lifted,

I want it lifted too but in a prudent manner without overwhelming our health care. The problem is nobody realizing that it is the variant not Federal government which decides on when or how emergency measures can be lifted, If it wasn't for the damn Omicron variant all emergency measures would have gone by now. So damn the virus not Trudeau/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

CBC, CTV and Global are always bad, but their broadcasts over the past two months have gone full banana republic. It's no longer comical, it's alarming.

Our PM is blatantly lying and hatemongering and the MSM ignores it completely. In fact, they pile on. That is an absolute fact and you shouldn't be ok with it. 

Our MSM is lying, gaslighting, and propagandizing like their lives depend on it. The fear and hyperbole about the convoy has nothing to do with journalism at all.

They're using staged photos and rampant insinuation to try to make people believe that the whole trucker convoy is a danger to minorities. It's like something that the German gov't would do to Jews in 1940. And no, I'm not being disrespectful by comparing this to the holocaust. Holocausts don't just happen overnight. There's a build-up to it, a disinformation campaign which involves using lies and propaganda to paint the villains [Jews or truckers] as diseased, inferior and evil: checkmark, checkmark, and checkmark. 

What did the Germans say about the Jews that Trudeau and the MSM aren't saying about the trucker convoy now?

The MSM says that the truckers are spreading covid but the vaxed aren't [lie], they're anti-science [lie - our gov't denying that natural immunity exists is anti-science. Looking at vax stats vs U-30 mortality rates, etc isn't anti-science], and that they're "very often racists & misogynists". Lately they added anti-black, anti-muslim, etc.

This is a hate campaign, 100% in line with what the nazis did to the Jews in the 1930s and early 1940s. 

More like March or April of 1933 but I get the point. By 1940, Germany was way further down the rabbit hole.

History may be horrific but at least we can learn from it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Leger poll is the most prestigious and another prestigious one,  Abacus had the same results a few days ago. 

Leger is quality. Of course supporting the convoy and ending restrictions aren't really the same question, as the convoy is about more than just ending restrictions. They want government to resign and are pushing legal boundaries by blockading. Hence the 30% and 50% support respectively.

Edited by Nexii

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I want it lifted too but in a prudent manner without overwhelming our health care. The problem is nobody realizing that it is the variant not Federal government which decides on when or how emergency measures can be lifted, If it wasn't for the damn Omicron variant all emergency measures would have gone by now. So damn the virus not Trudeau/

I guess you miss the main point. What is his policy? If the mandate is his only policy, the majority of the population say we need to find another policy because it is not working.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No you don’t get more than two years of our lives “to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed”.   My kids are only with me a short time and so are my parents.   We’re all triple vaccinated and have followed the rules.  Two Christmases canceled. We can’t get this time back.  The mental health mess, job losses, social deficits, and academic gaps are enormous. You’re going to have to accept people living freely again, unmasked and living life without having to show passports to eat a meal.  We’re not buying into the fear anymore.  If you’re worried about Omicron, cover up and keep a distance.   You have many protections available to you.  You don’t get to suspend our Charter freedoms indefinitely for dubious reasons.   

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

the variant doesn't decide the policy

the politicians do

they base the restrictions on politics

not science

• Like 1