Trucker's Convoy

West

18 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes to peacefully protest with prior permission and for a limited time. Demanding an elected government to change its mandate on which it was elected by blocking streets and causing chaos is anything but.

What kind of protest is that, to accommodate all the needs of the government and make it so convenient for them, so they don't even notice you protest?

An elected government is not elected on a single promise.  As I said before, opposition of vaccination mandates may be greater than liberals think and definitely has nothing to do with the 10% they want to use as a number.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Like everything else in life, stupid decisions can have bad consequences.  Nobody has the right to inJECT other people with POISONS.

And by the way, are you and all other vaccinated people still infecting guys like me with COVID?  Who gave you the right?

How stupid can you be?

Bad Bob p.5.gif

20 minutes ago, sharkman said:

It’s the abuse of booze that causes all kinds of traffic accidents and deaths every year.  Let’s outlaw alcohol because of the innocent lives saved and the reduced stress on the medical system.

Smoking should be outlawed as well, think of all the ICU beds, and such.  Also reduce speed limits by half.  The resulting lives saved and reduced stress on the medical system will be amazing!

What? Trampling on people’s rights?  But the vaccine is diiiiiferent…

Glad to see you admit I was right all along. Hilarious!

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

They do have that Politburo/Struggle Session feel to them.

And we have our Question period! And our own Dear Chairman speaking for us, Ch... oops, Canadians. And CBC too! So would it Brothers forever already? In spirit if not letter.

Edited by myata

16 minutes ago, myata said:

And we have our Question period! And our own Dear Chairman speaking for us, Ch... oops, Canadians. And CBC too! So would it Brothers forever already? In spirit if not letter.

The Covid zealots remind me of that famous scene in Dr Zhivago when Yuri arrives back at his former home...same sort of people.

31 minutes ago, Goddess said:

On top of that, the propaganda surrounding vaccines has also skewed Canadian opinion.  If ever the left admits the virus was engineered and released in Wuhan, the outrage will get them finally asking questions instead of just rolling up their sleeves like a junkie.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Majority of Canadians support government mandates on pandemic, including vaccine mandates and vaccine passports and restrictions. 

I don't believe that.  

And even if they did who gives a fuck what they think when it comes to my body or my freedom.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Majority of Canadians support government mandates on pandemic, including vaccine mandates and vaccine passports and restrictions. 

https://theconversation.com/majority-of-canadians-disagree-with-freedom-convoy-on-vaccine-mandates-and-lockdowns-176323

It is not as simple as the article would like to have you think. They are basing it on this data https://covid19monitor.org with a time frame of 01/04/2022- 01/10/2022, this does not account for February or late January.

Also this is based off of number of responders of n = 2339, roughly 0.00615 % of the entire population. 

8 minutes ago, cougar said:

I don't believe that.  

If we are going to use polls, use a number in the n 'million' plus category, that might be representative of the population. 

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Are you referring to a democratically elected government which was elected on a platform. If you answer yes either you have no idea how democracy works or you and your supporters are the real tyrant. It is you and those who wish to change the elected government's mandate.

Being elected does not mean the government in power can do ANYTHING they want.  Imagine if the elected government won on a platform to identify Jews with a yellow badge.  That would not be a very free country.

2 hours ago, cougar said:

Heard this from Trudeau, but if he believes all that voted him in are in favor of vaccine mandates he must be the greatest moron that ever lived!

We don't have 1,000 political parties to vote for , that have all possible combinations of stances on all possible divisive subjects!

I voted for the moron, only because O'Tool was an even bigger moron, not that I am for vaccine mandates.

OMG what were YOU thinking voting for the shiny pony?!

15 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Being elected does not mean the government in power can do ANYTHING they want.  Imagine if the elected government won on a platform to identify Jews with a yellow badge.  That would not be a very free country.

But you are giving an impossible situation. I said democracy is when a government is elected based on pre-election platform they have the right to implement it. Any party having a platform to identify Jews with a yellow badge will not be elected. They may get 1% of the vote from far right but nowhere close to over 35% to form a government.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

But you are giving an impossible situation. I said democracy is when a government is elected based on pre-election platform they have the right to implement it. Any party having a platform to identify Jews with a yellow badge will not be elected. They ,ay get 1% of the vote from far right but nowhere close to over 35% to form a government.

You've never met the left on Universities then.  There is a whole cancel Israel movement out there I bet is more than 1%.  Jewish history is littered with examples of Jews being tolerated to Jews being scapegoated.

Perhaps that gets us off topic.  We just did mandate that while gays can convert to hetero, they cannot be counseled to convert back. There is also a bill the Liberals will try to pass again that violates the Charter of Rights to free expression.  They want to make Muslims a protected class whereby one cannot criticize their religious beliefs, a protection afforded to no other religion.