Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

But the problem for conservatives is vote-splitting.  Really the CPC needs to absorb the PPC as they absorbed the Reform Party.  Then they should have a leadership contest.  I sincerely believe that if Polievre won the leadership, Trudeau wouldn’t stand a chance.  Singh has turned out to be a spoiled hypocrite who declares racism when people disagree on policy, like Trudeau.  Regular Canadians know there’s something rotten in the state of Canada.  

I would entertain the idea of a merger...with very strict conditions.

The newly formed party MUST make Canadian interests FIRST!

Foreign dependence on manufacturing ends NOW!

The Gas and Oil businesses are unshackled and allowed to develop.

We return to MERIT based immigration and tighten these silly "refugee" regulations.

ADD: and of course...an end to these useless Rona regulations.

Edited by Nationalist

10 minutes ago, West said:

Not really an anecdote. It happens quite a bit. 

Anyway it looks like convoy leaders have assembled teams to clean up the area to combat the hate and misinformation from the media. 

So says you.  That's what an anecdote is.  

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think you need to separate "mandates" and "restrictions" in your head. 

People can support one and not the other. 

I disagree.  Medical discretion is a critical human right, as is freedom of movement and access to basic freedoms like taking a train.  These rights are enshrined in our Charter and can ONLY be suspended temporarily for emergencies ONLY as much as is necessary.  Vaccine passports are unconstitutional.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I also know that when I turn on CTV News, I have to listen to a girl talk about how she's afraid to go outside, because the mean ol' truckers might...what...see her oddly coloured hair?

You dismiss the way people  are affected by this protest, why is that?  "Your side" wants some reaction, but apparently it's not valid unless it's positive.   So far, "your side" has denied any responsibility for the extremists who've attached to this protest, and now you mock people who're actually affected by the actions of these protesters, extremist or not.  How do you demand respect for your cause, when you disrespect everyone who isn't on board.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

I think the upside down Canadian Flag and the sign are more the issues of contention. 

You can see from the picture that the flag is draped sideways, so if you're standing on one side of it, it appears right side up, if you stand on the other side, it appears upside down.

Of course, the media takes the picture from the side of it that appears upside down.

7 minutes ago, West said:

Anyone paying attention knows there are agitators who infiltrate any protest. 

Happens a lot, sure.  What's interesting is how if it's a Black Lives Matter protest, folk will point to the handful of hooligans causing problems to try to delegitimize the whole movement, but when the same thing happens to a flag-waving white-guy freedom parade, all of the sudden the MSM and government is planting agitators to make them look bad and it's all just so unfair.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You can see from the picture that the flag is draped sideways, so if you're standing on one side of it, it appears right side up, if you stand on the other side, it appears upside down.

Of course, the media takes the picture from the side of it that appears upside down.

This is all they have. No burnt out cars and small businesses. No bloody injuries. No dead protesters.

They're disappointed. 

• Like 1

The confusion on the number of trucks stems from the number of trucks who REGISTERED with the convoy to drive.  At the time that the 50,000 was mentioned as a number, there were 50,000 trucks REGISTERED and I guess someone assumed that there would be that many.  There are now 70,000+ registered.

The Kingston police service also tweeted that there were "17 trucks".  There is obviously more than that.  Again, I don't believe there was an intention to mislead, they probably saw one of the many parts of the convoy that had to break off from the group due to its size.

I also believe there was no intention to  mislead on the 50,000 number.  Someone saw the number and registered and got excited (and possibly worried) that the entire 50,000 registered trucks would show up.

The fact that you are focusing on getting an actual number of trucks is odd.  I don't think it's an important issue to many.

I think we can all agree there is a massive amount of trucks there.  The reason they are there is what's important.

16 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Happens a lot, sure.  What's interesting is how if it's a Black Lives Matter protest, folk will point to the handful of hooligans causing problems to try to delegitimize the whole movement, but when the same thing happens to a flag-waving white-guy freedom parade, all of the sudden the MSM and government is planting agitators to make them look bad and it's all just so unfair.  

Oh the horse kaka.

1. BLM openly supports a communist agenda and actively works to agitate and destroy the existing society.

2. BLM is an organization. "white-guy" is a race of humans. What? Did you really think you could just slip such a gawd damn lie and obvious warping of reality, in without someone paying attention seeing your BS?

3. People who engage in race-baiting...should be identified and suitably treated as agitators. Racist agitators. Enemies of society itself.

Edited by Nationalist

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Vaccine passports are unconstitutional.  Our Charter would never allow for citizens to be required to show proof of vaccination to access citizens’ rights like boarding a train or re-entering Canada. 

You don't have much of an understanding of the Charter or how it works.  You can't just refer to the Charter anytime you're not allowed to do something and complain about your "rights".   I mean I guess you can complain about it, but nobody's going to take you seriously.  

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The confusion on the number of trucks stems from the number of trucks who REGISTERED with the convoy to drive.  At the time that the 50,000 was mentioned as a number, there were 50,000 trucks REGISTERED and I guess someone assumed that there would be that many.  There are now 70,000+ registered.

The Kingston police service also tweeted that there were "17 trucks".  There is obviously more than that.  Again, I don't believe there was an intention to mislead, they probably saw one of the many parts of the convoy that had to break off from the group due to its size.

I also believe there was no intention to  mislead on the 50,000 number.  Someone saw the number and registered and got excited (and possibly worried) that the entire 50,000 registered trucks would show up.

The fact that you are focusing on getting an actual number of trucks is odd.  I don't think it's an important issue to many.

I think we can all agree there is a massive amount of trucks there.  The reason they are there is what's important.

It’s the ongoing attempt to paint them as “fringe” and extremist.  I bet most Canadians support them.  I bet most regular soldiers, police, firemen, farmers, construction workers, and most frontline workers support the protest.  Who doesn’t support them?  Trudeau and his patrons, gullible viewers of biased media messages, most Liberal die hards.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s the ongoing attempt to paint them as “fringe” and extremist.  I bet most Canadians support them.  I bet regular soldiers, police, firemen, farmers, construction worker, and most frontline workers support the protest.  Who doesn’t support them?  Trudeau and his patrons, gullible viewers of biased media messages.  

I watched 2 interviews with nurses at the Freedom Convoy yesterday - one lost her job over the mandates, the other was forced to get vaxxed, even though she already had covid early on and is educated enough to comprehend  what "natural immunity" is and knew that denying it existed was BS.

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I watched 2 interviews with nurses at the Freedom Convoy yesterday - one lost her job over the mandates, the other was forced to get vaxxed, even though she already had covid early on and is educated enough to comprehend  what "natural immunity" is and knew that denying it existed was BS.

Science® for you.

33 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You dismiss the way people  are affected by this protest, why is that?  "Your side" wants some reaction, but apparently it's not valid unless it's positive.   So far, "your side" has denied any responsibility for the extremists who've attached to this protest, and now you mock people who're actually affected by the actions of these protesters, extremist or not.  How do you demand respect for your cause, when you disrespect everyone who isn't on board.  

What "extremists" might we be talkin' 'bout dailamah?

Kids waving swastikas? Do you go lecture the kids who wear them on their jackets around town?

My side...simply wants an end to this covid chicken-shit.

Tell me...how does "Your side" react to "my side's" protests and demands? By hiding Pixie-Dust and trotting the li'l tyke out to pontificate and...once again...call all those who associate with "my side"...racists filled with hate.

THAT'S how the Canadian PM talks to the nation about a HUGE swath of her people!

FUCK TRUDEAU!!! He's nothing but a race-baiting, nation dividing li'l coward!

He doesn't even have the testosterone to meet these folks and treat them with any sort of respect as Canadians.

Edited by Nationalist

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The entire body of law in this country disagrees. Rights are negotiated, they are not sacrosanct.  

You're not even allowed to express yourself unreservedly, or sell unpasteurized milk...  

Good morning.

I guess you don't understand what I mean. Those rights and laws protect the person from being trampled over.

It doesnt mean anything like someone can commit murder if they feel like it. That's stupidity.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Make no mistake, our rights and freedoms are routinely ignored.  We’re already so compromised.

I wonder if it’s even possible to successfully challenge oppressive policies brought by our current government.  

I don't think the proponents of covid measures here understand what this means. Everyone will now be scanned wherever they go. All of these "health measures" come with a substantial added cost as well. Besides the pure layer of bureaucracy imposed to just do ordinary things.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I disagree.  Medical discretion is a critical human right, as is freedom of movement and access to basic freedoms like taking a train.  These rights are enshrined in our Charter and can ONLY be suspended temporarily for emergencies ONLY as much as is necessary.  Vaccine passports are unconstitutional.  

Yes, and no one is being held down to take a shot. 

If they're unconstitutional, I look forward to the court cases debating them. 

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

If they're unconstitutional, I look forward to the court cases debating them. 

You don’t value constitutional protections.  The price that our citizens are being forced to pay and the loss of rights that citizens are suffering under mandates is anti-Canadian.  It’s sick actually.  Remember what you’re supporting.   Hardner too.  You’d both be easy pickings for a Maoist regime.  If you’re not willing to defend the Charter it will be violated and you’ll get the system you deserve.  Already there.  Canadians are currently living under totalitarian, unconstitutional policies.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Stop acting like people aren't being coerced when their jobs are held over their heads.

There are too many people who feel they were forced to act like it's completely voluntary.  It was forced - whether by the continuous fearmongering or the risk of losing your job or the promise to travel or whatever.

The fact that the jabbers do not prevent transmission or infection now makes the whole "Get jabbed to save Grama" argument mute.

If anyone's going to die of covid, they're going to die whether they get it from a jabbed person or an unjabbed person.

That's science.

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Those rights and laws protect the person from being trampled over.

2. It doesnt mean anything like someone can commit murder if they feel like it. That's stupidity.

1. Sometimes they prevent the person from trampling too.
2. Or sell milk, or pass out a leaflet, or do cocaine... 

5 minutes ago, West said:

I watched a good interview on Canadians for Truth Facebook last night. Dr. Francis Christian and Dr. Byram Briddle, both tenured University professors one at the u of s and the other at Guelph (I believe) discussing their findings. 

Chcek out some of the papers that Dr. Martha Fulford has written as well.

She's a level head.

1 minute ago, West said:

Well the mandates were just shot down in the US. Canada isn't much different.

IIRC that was mandating that all companies with a certain number of employees need to mandate vaccines mandating by Federal Occupational Health and Safety. 

The Feds have not done that here. 

Individual employers or Federally regulated employers are most certainly "allowed" to mandate vaccines. If anything, just to reduce absenteeism. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

If you’re not willing to defend the Charter it will be violated and you’ll get the system you deserve.  Already there.  Canadians are currently living under totalitarian, unconstitutional policies.  

They why have these Truckers been allowed to squat for 3 days?