Trucker's Convoy

West

The premise that with sufficiently distracted population, and sufficient control over the agenda over sufficient time, the majority can be convinced to support pretty much anything has been proven multiple times in the last century. There's nothing new to be found here. Take out independent oversight, checks accountability, transparency and critical questioning and it will happen again, not could.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, myata said:

The premise that with sufficiently distracted population, and sufficient control over the agenda over sufficient time, the majority can be convinced to support pretty much anything has been proven multiple times in the last century. There's nothing new to be found here. Take out independent oversight, checks accountability, transparency and critical questioning and it will happen again, not could.

So true.  Big tech censors everything they read, the networks likewise stifle any views and stats that are contrary to their latest crusade, in this case Covid.  It’s subtle but very effective as we can plainly see in this thread.

There is a doctor in the US who has treated over 9500 Covid cases with zero deaths.  I’d mention what his treatment protocols are, but I’m sure the pitch forks would come out.

Edited by sharkman
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Again...SO WHAT ?

A "majority of Canadians" also supported the mandatory internment of Japanese-Canadians during WW2.  

What part of this tyranny by the majority do you not understand ?

You mean like a majority of Americans who supported the mandatory interment of Japanese Americans? I don't know why you keep bringing this up? BTW, where are all the truckers demonstrating in Washington?

22 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Myata, I think you have a highly inflated view of the power of government. When I was planning to be Prime Minister, I thought I would be able to give an order and people would carry it out without question. I would have been like President Trump without his abilities.? 

If I may...I think you should re-read your history. Man tends to hoard and abuse power. I also think you underestimate the power of media and government working in concert. 

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You mean like a majority of Americans who supported the mandatory interment of Japanese Americans? I don't know why you keep bringing this up? BTW, where are all the truckers demonstrating in Washington?

Again, as others have posted, you are missing the point entirely.   The WW2 internments, whether in Canada or the United States, were a fundamental violation of civil rights and freedoms...majority opinion polls be damned.

The truckers will have their convoy, which is also an exercise in freedom, to be supported by those who understand the principles at play, even for the sheeple in Canada.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yes it will make the more staunch of the freedom haters go wild. I think that would be a good thing. I would encourage them to begin calling people horrid names and choking up visions of Nazi Germany, ASAP.

How's that been working out for you?

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Again...SO WHAT ?

A "majority of Canadians" also supported the mandatory internment of Japanese-Canadians during WW2.  

What part of this tyranny by the majority do you not understand ?

Covid has made them all irrational authoritarian fascists.  It’s a sickness worse then covid at this point.  Even worse is they don’t even recognize their insidious behaviour.  They actually think it’s noble.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Again, as others have posted, you are missing the point entirely.   The WW2 internments, whether in Canada or the United States, were a fundamental violation of civil rights and freedoms...majority opinion polls be damned.

The truckers will have their convoy, which is also an exercise in freedom, to be supported by those who understand the principles at play, even for the sheeple in Canada.

The truckers are having their convoy, no one is violating their civil rights and freedoms. In free countries, everyone gets an opinion, not just truckers. Polls give an idea what the majority thinks, that's all. 

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The truckers are having their convoy, no one is violating their civil rights and freedoms. In free countries, everyone gets an opinion, not just truckers. Polls give an idea what the majority thinks, that's all. 

Polls just reflect the irrational fear that has been successfully pushed into the heads of many Canadians by the mainstream media.  As has already been pointed out, a majority of Canadians have supported some very unsavoury policies in the past, also based on irrational fear.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

the government is violating their rights and freedoms

the majority supporting it

doesn't make it a good idea

argument ad populum

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Opinions are like a**holes...everybody has one.   Polls do not validate the tyrannical actions of government to limit civil liberties and freedoms that are driving (pun intended) the trucker convoy protests against coercive vaccinations and transport commerce.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Opinions are like a**holes...everybody has one.   Polls do not validate the tyrannical actions of government to limit civil liberties and freedoms that are driving (pun intended) the trucker convoy protests against coercive vaccinations and transport commerce.

Exactly, truckers and their supporters included. 

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

Without government, would anybody even notice any difference? 

So true. Unchecked and left to themselves, governments would crawl and eventually impose themselves over every piece and aspect of our lives. This is not a hypothesis, we can see it right around us. And it's perfectly reasonable not even from social but biological perspective: all organisms expand where it's easier for them, where the cost is low and the benefit, high.

Be efficient, agile and find working solutions to society's problems? Be open and transparent at that?

Or push papers, write reports and create policies and mandates, never failing to achieve all time highs in everything not great and never bothering to check if it worked, why bother if it wouldn't change anything? While allocating onto themselves budgets, funds, privileges and entitlements. Epidemiological preparedness needs to be boosted (2002). Please be advised you have a tax increase, annual.

Which one is easier? Is it calculus?

Edited by myata

This convoy is just an excuse for every possible anarchist, anti-government, Communist s__t disturbers, criminal, anti-Covid restrictions malcontents, Marxist anarchists, fascist anarchists and revolutionaries, to raise cain.  Now we are finding that a lot of money coming into the GoFundMe campaign is coming from anonymous sources and foreign unidentified sources.  There could be a lot of money from unidentified corporations, businesses and extreme right wing groups for example who oppose the Covid restrictions that effect businesses.  There could be a lot of money from foreign actors who oppose our democratic system and want to subvert it by causing division and anarchy.  It is no "truckers convoy".  It is now a convoy of every radical anarchist who has their own agenda.  This is particularly true of the GoFundMe campaign.  The government should bring in the army and not be caught with their pants down like the Jan.6 riots in the U.S. capital.

Edited by blackbird