Trucker's Convoy

West

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I dont know.....my nephew and all his friends think this is all BS.  

The fake passport business is booming amongst young Canadians.

My wife JUST had a horrible reaction to her third shot. Had to go get her....eyes like pinpricks...cold sweat...vertigo...I can't say I'm happy with the situation. I feel like she was just poisoned by the government. She's very pro-vaxx...doing all that they ask. Now this...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

My wife JUST had a horrible reaction to her third shot. Had to go get her....eyes like pinpricks...cold sweat...vertigo...I can't say I'm happy with the situation. I feel like she was just poisoned by the government. She's very pro-vaxx...doing all that they ask. Now this...

I hope she recovers quickly.

It sounds a lot like my sister's reactions.  The first jab was bad for her - lots of the same reactions as your wife.  But they told her - No big deal, get the second shot.  (This is common.  They do not care if you had a reaction to the first shot, they insist you get the second one.)

The second one was worse - she said, like looking down a black tunnel, no peripheral vision, vertigo, extreme fatigue, migraine for days, the worst she's had, she said.  Sweating, fever, numbness in extremities.

Public Health told her not to get any boosters.  It's supposed to be noted on her record, but it would surprise me if it actually was.

She is still extremely fatigued, vertigo, debilitating migraines.  She knows that when they force the boosters, she will have to not comply or die.  

It's a very unsettling feeling when you realize your government is trying to kill you.....

Edit: She tells everyone now that she would've rather gotten covid and been done with it in a couple days, like the vast majority of people in her age group.  This has been over 6 months of dealing with the adverse reactions, so she makes a good point.  But not a point any of the vax-Nazis are interested in.  They don't care one iota about people like her or the ones who've died from the jabs or the children with myocarditis that now face a 50% chance of dying in the next 5 years.

But ya, it's the rest of us that are the selfish radical demented lunatics.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, West said:

Yes I have a friend who ended up two nights in hospital after the booster.

Ya, I have a couple friends who are nurses (well, one is an NP) and they quietly disagree with the narrative because if they speak publicly or whistleblow, they lose their jobs.  They both say that what they are seeing in hospital right now is not covid - it's vaccine injuries.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

My wife JUST had a horrible reaction to her third shot.

There were four types of common cold coronaviruses, before Covid. It's the fifth. One of the hypotheses is that a similar process happened with some of them some time back. A novel infection emerged; over time immune system adapted; the disease became mild mostly harmless though serious complications happen with flu, common cold and such.

But in all of those instances immune system via natural processes of learning and adaptation, managed on its own. Nobody has tried to tell it what to do and not, to put it into overdrive and forget everything else every some many months. Nobody can know what long term effects will be if this continues indefinitely.

Once, mass immunization was reasonable, was worth a shot. As an ongoing mass treatment, without any knowledge of the effect on the population immunity, against a mild disease in a large majority of population, it doesn't look reasonable or even sane. The risks and unknowns are greater than the problem. This is very close to how public policy disasters are created. What would it take now to get the bureaucracy that discovered handmanaging little people as a universal solution to all problems back to doing actual work where it's actually needed: maintaining an effective sufficiently resourced system; protecting vulnerable population; treating those who need treatment not everybody in sight? Can we even hope to get it back to doing real work, from grand universal management?

Trudeau is singing from the same unquestioning song sheet as Macron and most national leaders.  Boris Johnson couldn’t maintain the facade once it was clear that the upper echelon of society has been insulated by pandemic privilege from the policies they imposed.  They don’t have to implement and maintain the insane restrictions and mandates.  Most working people are more beaten up by restrictions than they are by worrying about illness from Covid.

The oppressive measures are getting harder to justify, so governments have to concoct new assaults on the opposition and ratchet up the fear of variants, etc.  It’s become a predictable cycle.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

The hidden truth.

A small group making lots of noises. And the social media help them to magnify their protest to represent it much larger than what it really is.

The truth is:

90% of Canadian truckers are vaccinated.

90% of Canadians are vaccinated and likely disagree with them.

Majority of Canadians are for mandatory vaccination.

The silent majority staying at home and watching it through their TV sets while the tiny small minority supporting this come out with flags making lots of noises.

They have the right to protest but most Canadians don't support them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The hidden truth.

A small group making lots of noises. And the social media help them to magnify their protest to represent it much larger than what it really is.

The truth is:

90% of Canadian truckers are vaccinated.

90% of Canadians are vaccinated and likely disagree with them.

Majority of Canadians are for mandatory vaccination.

The silent majority staying at home and watching it through their TV sets while the tiny small minority supporting this come out with flags making lots of noises.

They have the right to protest but most Canadians don't support them.

Not true at all.  I’m triple vaccinated and oppose mandates and restrictions, like many of the protesters.  The movement isn’t about the value of vaccination; it’s about government overreach and totalitarian approaches in a liberal-democracy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is sad that a lawful protest with a focused objective has been highjacked by a small group of people who are could spoil the message the truckers are trying to convey. On another thread, we discussed how China is trying to influence Canadians. Here, we have a massive overt attempt by a faction trying to exert American influence. This is far more damaging to Canada than anything China has attempted. We see some of these agitators advocating a "January 6" attack. They are flying the infamous American snake flag. Once again, another Kennedy is interferring in Canadian internal affairs, with support from Rogan and Qanon. 

While I don't agree with the objective of the original protest, they deserve to have their say, without the movement being poisoned by Qanon morons trying to force the GG to dismiss the government and advocating solving their problems "with bullets."

While Chinese activities are concerning, we cannot lose sight of the massive influence of the American propoganda machine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I believe the term you are looking for is Constitutional Monarchy

Of course it's not, and not even close. The power of a constitutional monarch is limited by the Constitution and enforced by the Parliament. The power of an authoritarian dictator is not checked or limited by anything. You stated if my recollection is correct that this country has no representatives. And it means that there's no Parliament in the genuine meaning, nothing, no checks on near absolute power.

3 hours ago, West said:

Yes I have a friend who ended up two nights in hospital after the booster. My brother and his wife got covid after their booster. 

I was sick all day after my 2nd shot (Moderna).  I had a bad fever, couldn't eat, couldn't do anything.  It sucked, but it was the exact same reaction I had to falling ill with the flu.  It was my body's immune response and though it was unpleasant, I knew I wasn't actually getting sick.  

I also (probably) ended up with COVID after my 3rd shot.  That means nothing.  Nowhere was it ever advertised that you'd be 100% immune.  

3 hours ago, West said:

I took the first two naively believing the narrative. Won't get the third even if it's mandated. The pass is what did it for me... scanning an app like you are a can of soup or something. I'll go pitch a tent on the lawn of the legislature if I lose my house. 

If you got two vaccines because you were mandated, then that's the policy working.  Sounds fine to me.  If you lose you house and pitch a tent outside of parliament, say hi to all the other brave freedom fighters who lost their jobs and livelihoods for the sake of superstition.  

57 minutes ago, myata said:

Of course it's not, and not even close. The power of a constitutional monarch is limited by the Constitution and enforced by the Parliament. The power of an authoritarian dictator is not checked or limited by anything. You stated if my recollection is correct that this country has no representatives. And it means that there's no Parliament in the genuine meaning, nothing, no checks on near absolute power.

Here's the latest on the authoritarian dictator over reach in Canada.  A Canadian trucker who has gotten his vaccine passport pulls up to the Canadian Customs booth and tries to pass the border agent his passport.  The border agent says that he doesn't need to see it since they are tracking the trucker by his cell phone.  They know who he is and his vax status before he even gets to the  border. 

Now I suspect that any reasonable person will  be alarmed at this revelation.  I'm hoping that even the left wing activists that frequent this thread would be alarmed.  That's probably why its being done on the down low.  Here's the trucker and his eye witness account.

https://youtu.be/STsPovzkwN4

23 minutes ago, West said:

I took the two shots willingly. The third I won't take because I don't believe in coerced vaccinations. Informed consent means something to me.  Plus I already had covid and experienced before the vaccine.

Nobody can tell you how to feel on this issue.  These points are fair.  

25 minutes ago, West said:

I took the two shots willingly. The third I won't take because I don't believe in coerced vaccinations. Informed consent means something to me.  Plus I already had covid and experienced before the vaccine. That and the science isn't settled on the booster and repeated boosters may even destroy your immune system. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says

This is saying that having boosters too frequently can weaken (not destroy) the immune system.  This is certainly something to consider/worry about, and I think if we're asked to take shot #4 or #5 anytime in the near future, you'd likely find a lot of support amongst the general population and the medical community. 

And actually yes many politicians and media officials (and health officials) said the vaxx would stop transmission. 

Joe Biden: 

"The unvaccinated. Not the vaccinated, the unvaccinated. That’s the problem. Everybody talks about freedom and not to have a shot or have a test. Well guess what? How about patriotism? How about making sure that you’re vaccinated, so you do not spread the disease to anyone else."

This is a reach.  Vaccinated people are much less likely to spread the virus, though anyone in the media saying they can't/won't don't know what they're talking about.  Biden's not saying it's impossible to spread.  He's saying get vaccinated so that you do not.  The distinction probably doesn't mean much to you, but it's similar to something like "Don't drink and drive so that you don't kill someone on the road."  By your logic, that'd be a lie or something because a sober driver could still kill someone driving.  

Rachel Maddow: 

"Now we know that the vaccines work well enough that the virus stops with every vaccinated person," Maddow said on her show the evening of March 29, 2021. 

"A vaccinated person gets exposed to the virus, the virus does not infect them, the virus cannot then use that person to go anywhere else," she added with a shrug. "It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to go get more people."

There's no context here, but at face value that's just a false/wrong/ignorant statement.  

When there's a leftwing protest on Parliament hill, we don't see the media going through every single name of the people who attend, trying to find one person that they can disparage the whole group with.

The CBC has been accused by its own employees of systemic racism, and yet we don't see the media here generalize that everyone who works at the CBC is a racist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRDjWjx5XX4

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not true at all.  I’m triple vaccinated and oppose mandates and restrictions, like many of the protesters.  The movement isn’t about the value of vaccination; it’s about government overreach and totalitarian approaches in a liberal-democracy.  

Vaccination when fully has proven to reduce ICU and hospitalization significantly. Those tiny minority who refused to vaccinate are filling up most of the beds. Therefore surgeries for heart and cancer patients as well as other diseases are being cancelled because of those tiny selfish minority. This is not acceptable.  And what I said is true. Majority of Canadians support mandatory vaccination,

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Vaccination when fully has proven to reduce ICU and hospitalization significantly. Those tiny minority who refused to vaccinate are filling up most of the beds. Therefore surgeries for heart and cancer patients as well as other diseases are being cancelled because of those tiny selfish minority. This is not acceptable.  And what I said is true. Majority of Canadians support mandatory vaccination,

It is not the unvaccinated, that’s nonsense.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sharkman said:

It is not the unvaccinated, that’s nonsense.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

There are almost equal number of ICU even though the number of vaccinated is 9 times higher and hospitalization only 3 times higher for vaccinated when their population is 9 times higher.

Conclusions:

It is 9 times higher to be in ICU and 3 times higher to hospitalize when unvaccinated, so what is nonsense?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is the medical world that decides who gets treatment and who does not, you can not blame this whole thing on the unvaccinated...And your right it is unacceptable for a G-7 nation to have huge gap in capabilities. Did you here that on any election platforms, did we hear the public out cry screaming to fix it...

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

asked to take shot #4 or #5 anytime in the near future, you'd likely find a lot of support amongst the general population and the medical community.

What is the logic here? The rationale for the booster (#3) was the new variant, cases, hospitalizations, "overloaded system", "continuity of services" etc. The protection is limited in time, outside of priority groups, some / many aren't even at six month after full vaccination. So what's going to change with #4? Will there be no new variants, and someone knows that? Or the same system now couldn't be overloaded etc? Or the slide would just keep moving yes we know for certain wait almost no wait oops.

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is sad that a lawful protest with a focused objective has been highjacked by a small group of people who are could spoil the message the truckers are trying to convey. On another thread, we discussed how China is trying to influence Canadians. Here, we have a massive overt attempt by a faction trying to exert American influence. This is far more damaging to Canada than anything China has attempted. We see some of these agitators advocating a "January 6" attack. They are flying the infamous American snake flag. Once again, another Kennedy is interferring in Canadian internal affairs, with support from Rogan and Qanon. 

While I don't agree with the objective of the original protest, they deserve to have their say, without the movement being poisoned by Qanon morons trying to force the GG to dismiss the government and advocating solving their problems "with bullets."

While Chinese activities are concerning, we cannot lose sight of the massive influence of the American propoganda machine.

This is just the right blowing off some steam, the are tired of not being heard, This is Canada , nobody is storming any gates regardless of what flag they are flying...This will come and go and be forgotten in a week it is how Canada roles... the liberals will of course make a big deal out of it, blame it on the conservatives... , Ottawa's traffic problem will remain for a while, justin will tighten the screws on the west and the oil patch and shit will be back to normal

And if Canadians wanted to storm the capitol with guns a blazing they would have done it long ago, Justin reign is not worth the effort......This is not the states we don't bring guns to fights, we bring beer, smokes, and dope maybe a hockey stick if things get out of hand...Now there may be one wingnut out of the bunch... but not going to storm the parliament, atleast not without getting shot by RCMP. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

This is just the right blowing off some steam, the are tired of not being heard, This is Canada , nobody is storming any gates regardless of what flag they are flying...This will come and go and be forgotten in a week it is how Canada roles... the liberals will of course make a big deal out of it, blame it on the conservatives... , Ottawa's traffic problem will remain for a while, justin will tighten the screws on the west and the oil patch and shit will be back to normal

And if Canadians wanted to storm the capitol with guns a blazing they would have done it long ago, Justin reign is not worth the effort......This is not the states we don't bring guns to fights, we bring beer, smokes, and dope maybe a hockey stick if things get out of hand...Now there may be one wingnut out of the bunch... but not going to storm the parliament, atleast not without getting shot by RCMP. 

We  change governments at the ballot box, hope this stays peaceful. January in Ottawa, enjoy. Been there, done that.

• Like 2