Trucker's Convoy

West

So to re-cap -  so far, the dirt-diggers have dug up:

The convoy organizer likes the Maverick Party which somehow proves she's going to make off with all the money.

The truck convoy used a picture of a truck convoy to represent the truck convoy which wasn't actually a picture of their truck convoy.

• Like 1

I pray, as the world prays that the Truckers can end medical experiments in Canada. It has stripped Freedom, assets, lives, minds, hearts and souls.

Be brave, stand tall and know that this government and nefarious persons and the military have been torturing and using people's bodies for decades for the ultimate solution... real estate, medical device testing (without consent) for patents and research and development grants which are not regulated GLOBALLY.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

Many are commenting that this is the first time they've felt HOPE in 2 years.

Yep, I remember the heady exhilaration that came from occupying a DFO office...supporters outside cheering us on...watching a video of Braveheart someone slipped into the bag of food passed up from below that night.

It'll pass. So to will the depression that follows the letdown when the cameras turn off and a crowd all too often to consumed by their own circumstances to stay focused for long melts away into...life.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

I’ll once again point out what any 5th grader would be able to figure out with a map.  There will also be trucks coming from east of Ontario, and south of Ontario.

And then, Ontario itself.  That’s probably over 500 trucks altogether, with the number doubling when counting the non semi vehicles.  

10 hours ago, West said:

O'Toole says the country is divided. I'd say the country is united over pushing back against government overreach. 

The Toronto Sun says that an overwhelming majority are against truckers  receiving some special treatment when crossing the border.

image.thumb.png.3444dd6a5e5418c70bd6dd35005c850a.png

You live in an echo chamber, on the internet. This is why you think it's the majority of people who agree with your narrative.

Edited by marcus
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

ha ha ha

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

the country is going to be even more in favor of government overreach after this convoy too

not less

I'd like to take this opportunity to highlight this post.

Evidently this person wants even more restrictions and government controls. 

A real patriot. /s

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to highlight this post.

Evidently this person wants even more restrictions and government controls. 

A real patriot. /s

wrong

I want significantly less of both

I'm just not foolish enough to project those views on the majority of Canadians

Canadians hate freedom

Canadians want even more restrictions and government controls

Edited by Yzermandius19

30 minutes ago, marcus said:

The Toronto Sun says that an overwhelming majority are against truckers  receiving some special treatment when crossing the border.

image.thumb.png.3444dd6a5e5418c70bd6dd35005c850a.png

You live in an echo chamber, on the internet. This is why you think it's the majority of people who agree with your narrative.

The mortality rate of Omicron is statistically zero. Now...while I can admit, due to family experience, that vaxxed people have a much less bout with this glorified cold, the fact is nothing about this justifies the current shutdown. 

As for these truckers, they spend the vast majority of their time isolated in a truck cab. In a time when our logistics is a mess and trying to recover, too many people are still scared of this.

I blame the medical profession, government and media for creating undue fear among the general public. 

Yet...fear of death, regardless of the real chance of it, is probably the most motivating factor there is to get people to agree to almost anything. Thus, it's not fair or reasonable to blame the average scaredy-cat.

So I propose that we build "safe spaces" for these poor folks who have been shaken to the core by the insane level of alarmist messaging. They can stay in purified places and hunker down till the coast is clear of dirty humans.

Enjoy that because for those of us with a grasp of reality and the courage to live our lives...

This faux pandemic is OVER!!!

Next...it's time to deal with fucking China!

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

wrong

I want significantly less of both

I'm just not foolish to project those views on the average Canadian

Canadians are not pro-freedom

Canadians want even more restrictions and government controls

Speak for yourself sonny.

I dont believe Canadians want anything but a return to their lives.

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Speak for yourself sonny.

I dont believe Canadians want anything but a return to their lives.

your views are not representative of Canadians

speak for yourself, because you ain't the voice of most Canadians

and neither am I

learn to cope

if most Canadians wanted to return to their lives

we'd have returned to our lives long ago

that isn't the case because that isn't the reality

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

your views are not representative of Canadians

speak for yourself, because you ain't the voice of most Canadians

and neither am I

learn to cope

I'm done coping.

I coped with this long enough. I have 2 jabs and still caught The Rona. It swept right through my family over Christmas. 1 day and done.

None of the real data justifies this. It's all now just chicken-shit and fear mongering. 

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

None of the real data justifies this. It's all now just chicken-shit and fear mongering. 

indeed but most Canadians think otherwise

and that's why you're not allowed to go back to normal

because the politicians are pandering to the overreacting freedom haters

they ain't pandering to you, because you ain't the majority

Edited by Yzermandius19

No CBC cannot be blamed for not reporting on the convoy in objectivity. On this morning's news a sufficiently detailed story. That is, two or three terse sentences on the event itself and then a long spin with clearly negative subtext - stores are closing, play a clip of worries and concerns but give word to the organizers or participants of the event being "reported" - no, but how could we? Traffic, and even alluded and anonymous, but yes you got it, dreadful e- and v-words. Honest and responsible, objective investigation professional journalist ethics and standard you sure heard about it - and now watch it in action.

News by association, you know. Dr Goebbells didn't need to be that subtle but he would understand.

Yes this is a free" and democratic"" country and sure you have the right to protest - but why would you want to do that? Why would anyone want to protest if we have wise and passionate managers who always know what's best for you little ones long before you even get to think of it? Please don't get excited, don't think to much and go back to your little sandbox. We'll figure it out, not to worry!

Edited by myata

8 hours ago, Sh_P said:

I pray, as the world prays that the Truckers can end medical experiments in Canada. It has stripped Freedom, assets, lives, minds, hearts and souls.

Be brave, stand tall and know that this government and nefarious persons and the military have been torturing and using people's bodies for decades for the ultimate solution... real estate, medical device testing (without consent) for patents and research and development grants which are not regulated GLOBALLY.

They don't care about 'Canada' - they only took this on when it affected them.  And they're punching way above their weight - with 113 trucks this is more spectacle than anything.

I just heard on the radio from Toronto Public Health that a 3rd booster means you are 40-50X less likely to die from Covid.  You are also less likely to get it and spread it to your fellow citizens.

So STOP the grandstanding.  You are NOT a brave hero for refusing to make a healthy choice for your community.  And stop the conspiracy theories too, you're a detriment to everyone spreading rumours and falsehoods.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

It'll pass. So to will the depression that follows the letdown when the cameras turn off and a crowd all too often to consumed by their own circumstances to stay focused for long melts away into...life.

Telling is the utter absence of mentions of "United We Roll" which was essentially the exact same kind of protest.

Completely forgotten and it was just a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I just heard on the radio from Toronto Public Health that

Two years back same time we heard from roughly the same sources that "travel from Wuhan wasn't a problem and the system is fully capable". Reality check (or do we even need it, the reality, any longer)?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, myata said:

Two years ago same time we heard from roughly the same sources that "travel from Wuhan wasn't a problem and the system is fully capable". Reality check?

This is called throwing the baby out with the bathwater.   There's a lot more consensus around the efficacy of boosters, don't reject all of public health because there was some bad advice...

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

This is called throwing the baby out with the bathwater.   There's a lot more consensus around the efficacy of boosters, don't reject all of public health because there was some bad advice...

don't believe public health when their claims aren't substantiated by the evidence either

that 40-50x number is obviously bullshit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is called throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

It is not though. When and if you threw out impartiality, objectivity, accountability and transparency you cannot appeal to your own statements that cannot be verified independently as the final truth. Credibility and trust is a two way street, not something that can be taken for granted, by default or mandate.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

``2

It's still a fair amount, and It may not be the whole group as some are coming from the east through Quebec. There may be lone truckers who have not joined the convoy. I'm guessing there will be several hundred trucks, not thousands but we will see. Place your bets.

The gofundme is now $7M, and not showing signs of slowing down. That's a lot of simoleons, and it says something in itself. It might encourage more truckers to join, so there might be another wave. They say they want to stay in Ottawa and block the streets until mandates are rolled back.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. It's still a fair amount, and It may not be the whole group as some are coming from the east through Quebec.

2. There may be lone truckers who have not joined the convoy. I'm guessing there will be several hundred trucks, not thousands but we will see. Place your bets.

3. The gofundme is now $7M, and not showing signs of slowing down. That's a lot of simoleons, and it says something in itself. It might encourage more truckers to join, so there might be another wave. They say they want to stay in Ottawa and block the streets until mandates are rolled back.

1. It is - 113 is a lot of trucks.  But what can we learn from this situation ?
- The claim that our institutions are "lying" can't be taken seriously if pro-convoy media is claiming 50,000 people.  Let's just chalk this up to "hype" and leave it at that.
- Regardless of all of that, people are really excited about the convoy.
2. For sure hundreds of trucks in Ottawa.
3. Yes people are excited.  If only this energy and excitement could be leveraged to actually help working people in need, and not small business people but people who are truly in trouble...

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The claim that our institutions are "lying" can't be taken seriously if pro-convoy media is claiming 50,000 people.

Another outlandish statement. One exaggeration or misrepresentation does not negate or cancel another lie. It's not a zero-sum arithmetic. A lie is a lie. And a misrepresentation, confusion and so on from a public and publicly funded source is certainly a much more serious issue than that from an individual.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. It is - 113 is a lot of trucks.  But what can we learn from this situation ?
- The claim that our institutions are "lying" can't be taken seriously if pro-convoy media is claiming 50,000 people.  Let's just chalk this up to "hype" and leave it at that.
- Regardless of all of that, people are really excited about the convoy.
2. For sure hundreds of trucks in Ottawa.
3. Yes people are excited.  If only this energy and excitement could be leveraged to actually help working people in need, and not small business people but people who are truly in trouble...

1. People make outlandish claims all the time. Just people, not leftists and rightists. I didn't look much into this, but saw a reference that there were some 5M trucks. So it could be that someone figured out, if 10% of truckers are non-vaccinated (as opposed to unvaccinated...) that makes 50,000 truckers. From there the information gets transmuted.

2. It seems there are about ten cars for every truck. You do the math   ;)

3. Now is the time for the rise of the strongman.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

small business people are in trouble

as a direct result of government policy

just because other people are hurting too is no reason not to help them